US Themed Map - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

US Themed Map

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Make sure to add Freemason NPC's...

#77 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Hey what happened to the Saloon we talked about?

saloon and a brothel lololol... OH how about Random Bar fights triggered at random times when theres alot of people drinking that makes that specific area PVP (limited time pvp) where people can hit the crap out of each other?!

you can even have some random funky music playing when it goes on!

lol brothel idea = rentable succubus/ incubus pets? that fight with you? xD or even better how about some gunslinger mercenaries hohoho

if anything I demand a Pancho costume item when alternate sprite things come out!

too bad coding a bullriding contest would be too much

#78 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

I'd like to see a Corrupted Sheriff MVP, similar to Hibram. Perhaps he has a lot of very damaging long-distance attacks and a mob that can rip players up at close range (rabid coyotes?) making Pneuma very important as well as constant mob clearing. he could also have several gunslinger skills and an AoE arrow repell like skill which can scatter parties, making it difficult to just stick onto him.

As for gunslingers themselves, I kind of don't want them turning into pure cavalry cowboys. Gunslingers always struck me as being an emulation of Devil May Cry's Dante and I feel they should follow the style when they evolve. Give them some gunsword type weapons and more in the way of acrobatic/movement options perhaps? There's plenty of ways to diferrentiate them from rangers, such as giving them backslide-ish teleport skills (a strafing move that throws them sideways rather than backwards, ability to create two after-images which all focus on a single target for 3X ctrl click damage and serious hitlock in WoE, but can be attacked to remove them from the field and have very little HP. Passive skill that has a chance to not consume ammo when attacking and maybe even 'bullet crafting' like the archer's arrow crafting skill.)

Ideally I think Gunslingers are a lot of fun and it would be great if they could be brought up to the standard of 3rd class characters. (The same should be said about Ninjas.)

The USA themed town could have some further interesting missions. I feel like a bounty board would be a nice touch. You can get a reward for killing certain monsters (Outlaw bandits, or some other random demihuman enemy) in Zeny or consumables, making it a good place to farm zeny at mid-levels when finding great gear is hard, but make those maps too mobby for Bots to exploit.

I would also love a saloon that sells dangerous drinks for Shadow Chasers to make use of. Perhaps a stronger variation of Tropical sograt as well as a few drinks that self-inflict other annoying status elements for a longer period of time. This would encourage Shadow Chasers to use jack frost + deadly infect combo in WoE without having to resort to exploiting GX poisons. Status ailments could include deadly Poison, bleeding, confusion, curse, fatal wound, Illusion, and a few that inflict unique status ailments that can also be spread, and decrease certain stats.

#79 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

If we do go with the old west theme, we need to bring back the PvP dueling. Just think of it, two players eyeball each other from the middle of the street, spectators line the sides of the road, clock strikes high noon and BLAM!

Also, I can't seem to shake the thought of herding porings, like parties can do a poring drive for exp and get a bump for each poring that makes it without getting lost eaten or rustled. And jackalopes; can always use jackalopes.

#80 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

Can we get a UK map too?
Complete with king,queen,red buses and soldiers with silly hats?
There could be a special NHS npc that gives you free heal xD

#81 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

Lol Ok im from Texas,

Is this an American Themed map or a Texas Themed Map?

you guys have nasa also(9 '_')9 so we are missing a rocket there with dinamyte from louyang... damn too much edo rocket lately D:

I'm from Cali, so don't forget to add a Nice beach or some traveling bushes as monsters or plant items XD

#82 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:01 AM

you guys have nasa also(9 '_')9 so we are missing a rocket there with dinamyte from louyang... damn too much edo rocket lately D:

I'm from Cali, so don't forget to add a Nice beach or some traveling bushes as monsters or plant items XD

Oh! Edo Rocket gives a wonderful ride.

#83 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

I want to see Steampunk Native Midgardians. They establish trade years before with Einbroch and lease territory in exchange for technology/medicine/manufacturing equipment. They establish a small techno empire to the north of the area, but don't have a high enough population to protect their outlying villages once satan morroc's return prompts angry monsters to start flooding the area.

To deal with the increasing threat of monsters, they agree to train gunslingers in the finer arts of mechanized combat and put out bounties on the stronger creatures and bandits roaming around.

#84 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

I am not really a fan of 'steampunk" setting elements and I feel like there is no such thing as combining fantasy with steampunk without the whole thing just being steampunk. It drifts an otherwise broad appealing setting into a niche one. I think adding guns to the Ragnarok world was a mistake from the get-go, but nothing can be done about it. Once you add guns and steam technology, its unstated but somewhere in the back of your mind is a subconscious thought like "Why are people bothering using using swords, bows, and metal armor when there is gunpowder?" I hate it when magic is used to justify modern technology in a fantasy setting, too. "Its not a combustion powered car... its powered by magical quartz crystals..!" Its still a fricken car and corrupts the innocent/simple era you began with. If they got travel like this it should be an information/service/24 hr news based society like the modern era. I am over-thinking it but thats kind of what happens when there are too many hands in the pot and everyone is pushing the game's look and feel in their own direction. ;(

#85 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

I want to see Steampunk Native Midgardians. They establish trade years before with Einbroch and lease territory in exchange for technology/medicine/manufacturing equipment. They establish a small techno empire to the north of the area, but don't have a high enough population to protect their outlying villages once satan morroc's return prompts angry monsters to start flooding the area.

To deal with the increasing threat of monsters, they agree to train gunslingers in the finer arts of mechanized combat and put out bounties on the stronger creatures and bandits roaming around.

For some reason, I just totally love this.

#86 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

You are really into this, which makes me believe we might get something quite magical out of this.

If we are going all steampunk, can Gunslingers get something like this then?

http://forums.warppo...398-steam-bike/

The original RO2 was supposed to be a steampunk fantasy hybrid :P It saddens me they scrapped that idea.

#87 Will

Will

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Oda really is getting really into this, and I can't blame him/her at all (just came back after a long break and used forums rarely when I WAS on, so I don't know people). But I would have to agree that for the best thing to fit in with RO and be a USA themed town/area would be a western cowboy theme complete with native american type people for the more magical of the area.

I know there's already a Cowboy Hat headgear made with Western Grace, but we could definately do with something new. Have two new headgears that use the classic Western Grace and Sweet Gent headgears to make some sort of newer cowboy hat that would look similar to the one in the picture of the third post of this thread, Western Grace for a white version and Sweet Gent for a black version.

Monsters would be best if they were to get based on bandits, real world wild animals (coyotes, etc), and some more mythological creatures from native american beliefs. Two big ones already mentioned could be two new MVPs (or just really high HP monsters like Tendrilrion and Hardrock Mammoth) would be some bandit leader and probably something like the Thunderbird mentioned earlier.

But the one big thing I thought of that definately needs to be put in with a cowboy western area, a new Poring type monster....Tumbling, a tumbleweed Poring. I know it's the name of a TK skill already, but what else can you name a cross between a Poring and tumbleweed.
.....Tumbling all the way!!

#88 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

By "thunderbird", I hope everyone means pterodactyls. ^______^

Posted Image

#89 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

By "thunderbird", I hope everyone means pterodactyls. ^______^

Posted Image

No no i think they mean this:

Posted Image

(thanks to the Oatmeal once again lol)

#90 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

But the one big thing I thought of that definately needs to be put in with a cowboy western area, a new Poring type monster....Tumbling, a tumbleweed Poring. I know it's the name of a TK skill already, but what else can you name a cross between a Poring and tumbleweed.
.....Tumbling all the way!!

Love the idea of a tumbleweed poring. It's perfect.

#91 Will

Will

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

I was just thinking a bit more, and honestly mixing in a little steam punk isn't that horrible or crazy of an idea, just as long as it doesn't go overboard. Hell, it would remind me of Doc Brown and while I would prefer having 0 cars, IF there was even one I'd say it should be a tireless DeLorean on the end of some railroad tracks. Speaking of Doc Brown, having an NPC based on him as part of a Gunslinger 2nd job quest would be awesome. And anyone who gets these two references deserves a plate full of cookies.

And a tumbleweed Poring IS perfect, it just works, it fits so great.
Oda loves it too, I guess if any of these ideas do hit game and a tumbleweed Poring is one of them, I'll have something in a game I can say was originally brought up by me. But maybe name it Tumbeling to differenciate from the TK skill, or maybe something else that isn't too far from tumbleweed and the usual Poring type monsters usually ending in "-ing" (Marin, Drops, and Stapo are just about the only exceptions).

Edited by Will, 08 September 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#92 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

can u guys add a instance that drops a unique gear/weapon like bapho and nid?

#93 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

No no i think they mean this:

Posted Image

(thanks to the Oatmeal once again lol)

needs al gore and manbearpig

#94 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

I ask you but one thing. Steam Bikes for Gunslingers. Please and very much thank you.

#95 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

What I'm saying is this should probably be basically frontierland with more monsters.

Frontierland

More XD! Oda, you make my day every day. Thanks.

#96 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

can we please have a robot sheriff and can his name be bob?

http://www.youtube.c...98DkreY#t=3m04s

skip to 3:04

Edited by Cubical, 09 September 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#97 Will

Will

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Why don't we make the American themed one, all about the gunslingers trying to "bring freedom" to the rest of the world. We might as well display America accurately. Have them be fat NPCs around the town. Even a few fast food carts around the town (like New York Hotdogs, Philly Cheese Steaks, and such). Also, let's make this country hated by the rest of the world, and made to look like the war-mongering piece of :thumb: country we are. If we are going to make this applicable, let's at least be honest with our approach. Even though I am American, I refuse to let the USA look better than it actually is. We kill innocent people, for capitalistic gain. Maybe the advanced class, could be an enlightened American who finally pulled his head out of his ass, and fought to protect the rest of the world from his horrible country! Just shedding some truth your way, because if America is made out to be heroic and just, I am going to puke!

Seriously... :) the America you love, because it is all a lie.

Seriously, we want to make this into something classic from american history with a little steam punk and fantasy mixed in, not the american stereotype (all americans being fat lazy bastards, I know sure as hell I'm not fat) or the :glomp: the government has done. And this isn't making america in the game, it's only making a few small maps based on something from our culture.

Now back to really talking about this instead of someone shooting down good ideas because they hate their own roots. Hell, I'm not even a fan of cowboys, but this is an idea that would work perfectly for the world of RO and I love the idea. Honestly, if this is going to be a cowboy themed area, we really do need some native american NPCs somewhere in it, and I had some crazy ideas for Gunslinger 2nd job.....

Since all jobs that go to second job always branch between one or another, why not do it with Gunslinger too, just because it's first job goes to 99/70 doesn't mean it can't branch into two different second jobs. One could be something along the lines of an outlaw or bounty hunter, be trained by the cowboy town NPCs (including mainly the sheriff). But at the end of it instead of being some strong lawman, the Gunslinger decides that he/she wants to work outside the law and do their own thing (Outlaw). One big key thing was a skill idea, basically have it just like the old school Knight skill Counter Attack, but have it ONLY work on ranged attacks and name it Draw. Since old duels in westerns tend to have those, and the first to draw is usually the loser, this would be perfect since they'd counter a ranged attack someone makes.

The other branch could be getting trained by the native american NPCs in more magical ways, and basically have them firing magic spell shots like the caster shells from the anime Outlaw Star. I know there are different types of AoE skills in RO, and these would mostly be like Focused Arrow Strike, dealing magic damage to a number of monsters or players in a long and thin rectangular area.

And lastly....Poring-type tumbleweed monster all the way!!

#98 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

Remove the gunslinger peco mount and go with a steampunk style cycle

Spoiler

Edited by Beyond, 10 September 2011 - 09:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users