Leash's Defiled Temple - Defiler Guide - Page 7 - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Leash's Defiled Temple - Defiler Guide

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#151 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Thx for the guide bro ! I'm level 69, if you can give me some tips for playing Defiler, thank you

do you plan on doing 69 foc with it?

#152 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Thx for the guide bro ! I'm level 69, if you can give me some tips for playing Defiler, thank you

the tips on the front page is 90% of everything you need...

#153 Witcher24

Witcher24

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

do you plan on doing 69 foc with it?

I'M FRENCH.

Hmm no idea, i have an old account and i took [event] level up (69) ! bull-_- omg... now i'm in Trifri, i followed your guide and.. it's all.

#154 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

silly question, but how are people getting over 1.5k SCAD and still maintaining good hp and resistances (and defenses maybe)? is it purely from reinforced gear or is it from boosting INT somehow?

at the moment, i'm still using despair +14 and slowly switching jewels to half NM CON, half INT rare set. Planning to get a TB necklace to fill out resistances that ET ball cant do. No armor enchants yet, but jewels are decked out with SCC ion mine xeons.

im using +30 Uncursed Knucks with nice stats, and did plan to switch to Trinity Staff eventually for more damage, but i hear people say to stick with knucks instead...

any ideas?

Edited by exilehunter, 18 November 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#155 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

silly question, but how are people getting over 1.5k SCAD and still maintaining good hp and resistances (and defenses maybe)? is it purely from reinforced gear or is it from boosting INT somehow?

at the moment, i'm still using despair +14 and slowly switching jewels to half NM CON, half INT rare set. Planning to get a TB necklace to fill out resistances that ET ball cant do. No armor enchants yet, but jewels are decked out with SCC ion mine xeons.

im using +30 Uncursed Knucks with nice stats, and did plan to switch to Trinity Staff eventually for more damage, but i hear people say to stick with knucks instead...

any ideas?

well as a comparison, my druid is using full 85 CON set and full INT NM carus jewel set. Atm it is running 1.4k scad and it not fully +30ed. Which i think is not bad for a non scad set? 85 Knucks oh and its running 107 scc so im going to replace 7% worth of crits for scads, ending about 1500 with an 85 scc set.

my mystic using sealing and a split 4con 4 int jewels ran 1.5k with 79 knucks. so 85 scc set vs 72 scad sets, not THAT big of a difference in the end

With half your jewels INT your HP will be quite nice but your damage will suffer. The nice thing about INT, if you get 2k+ its a beautiful boost to your resists. Really dont need to use that TB neck. With most casters if im using an ELEC resist armor set, and add in a scad2 ball, the curse and wind resist will end up around 40-55% (assuming you have 4-8 INT items) anyways wind is usually quite pointless to get so i end up enchants last 3-4 slots of every armor part with ion curse resists. and if you got a good roll on your belt for curse, easy 80% curse right there (not stacked though)

staff is nice for raids, and for solo grinding if you can trust yourself to react fast enough when Terms of Service decides to fail. PvP knucks all the way, 4-5k more HP, end up survived quite a few extra hits, 3-5 for capped resist crappy scad

#156 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

for pvp, i think i can get away with more damage and less HP since my play style has always revolved around me sneaking around and attacking from unexpected places (or suiciding when i plant a Terms of Service to break down a wall). just that for farming, i cant say if it will suffice... ideally i'd have both knucks and staff but i hardly have the money for that...

you are right with the tb neckace though. i dont think i will need it, unless some random changes occur and wind suddenly becomes the new light damage...

i did realise that most stats are pretty much coming from reinforcement stages in armor and jewels, which means i'm pretty much stuck due to stupid mall prices and lack of sellers in general...

#157 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

I do full despair (or well 4 parts despair with 85 con boots n gloves), with knucks and full int jewelry. So using full int jewelry im basically stuck with knuckles (which is okay).

If I'd go for a staff i think i'd have to go full con jewelry to make up for the hp loss.

curse resistance i got maxed by armor enchants (i guess int does help a little too here), so i did 4 x con/int, rest curse resistance in all armor parts. i have all resistances capped except for ...i think its water. or wind? whatever.

so 85 scc set vs 72 scad sets, not THAT big of a difference in the end

I think 72 set is still superior when it comes to scad.

Like i have 85 int set and mixed con/int jewelry on my elem and i dont see myself reaching the scad a 72set would get me (but i get pretty close).

I dunno maybe if im able to +30 all parts i can remove some of the scc in my jewelry for scad - but i like to not lose the 100% scrit. (high ranks on weapon, no claws)

Edited by Leash, 19 November 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#158 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

2 parts 85 con does give better 11% speed cast and movement, but u trade despair set bonus for it.

net change is-

9% speed, 46 scad, 9 curse dmg and 4.6% light ------> 11% speed, 12 con.

also, the 85con set only +'s CON and SCC, as opposed to 72's con,scad and electric resist. (why does it only improve 2 stats?)

i suppose you end up with a more balanced build using the 85 parts.

from the looks of things, i can keep knucks for convenience, ditch CON NM parts for INT and enchant with curse resist xeons.

#159 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Cast speed doesn't work at the moment just fyi~

Hasn't for a while.

Lastly 85 set improves elec resist as well, think of it as the scc-based "SLIGHTLY MORE" defensive version of 72. (even tho u can get decent dmg from this set too /shrug)

#160 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

with mixed set i have 1,3ish scad, with full despair 1,5ish.

Sure I miss the extra scad - in raids i sometimes switch back to full despair,

but I haz more def, con, scrit with mixed set (i am SO close to 100% scrit - again no claws in weapon or even event scrit in jewelry).

#161 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

im not sure abt cast time, but movement speed is definitely working.

what are people doing for defense? for pvp, i switch to alosa +27 to wait out stuns from melee - sins, wl, zerk, commi etc. 

#162 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

what are people doing for defense? for pvp, i switch to alosa +27 to wait out stuns from melee - sins, wl, zerk, commi etc. 

in case of scud or some skanky melee coming close i switch to +30 doll, its kind of kewler because it also gives evasion (which does seem to have an impact on aa melees if you get a noticeable number of evasion, 3x6 suggests "above 30k").

but yea alosa is nice too, i use it on my elem.

#163 WhateverHeSaid

WhateverHeSaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

I'm thinking about if I enchant my armor with curse res 1,5% or just change (when I need)  a TB neck... Others res I have max (except Wind, Asutar sucks '-'...)

My defi is no OP, since my focus was HP and SCC:

- Despair set (chest +11 - others +10 a few INT/CON and 10 minutes buff lvl 5);

- +30 Uncursed Knuckle (7/8 RH magic claws, medium to good stats, 3500 hp and 320 con, I don't waste mall to revamp '-');

- Rare Dominator C-C [CON] (Neck +12, others +7 - all 8/8 with 0.5 scc);

- +30 Scad Ball II (8/8 0.5 scc);

Final result (With PET lvl 10, TD (20% HP/MP and 10% stats) and Guild bonus:

- 18,5k HP (19,2 or something like with Costumer, I don't use it '-');

- Around 900 SCAD:

- 92.5% scc.

With my calcs, I'll reach 25k or 26k HP with all +30, but I don't think I'll do it.

If I can change something, is the set to 85 INT and RH magic claws for HR 20-20.

I don't want spend/waste money in requiem, but the minimiun to be something in game.

what are people doing for defense? 

Praying... my 840/800 (some from honor points) sucks.... because that I hate zerks... I have a defense cell, but don't give so much defense, not to make a difference...

#164 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think 72 set is still superior when it comes to scad.

Like i have 85 int set and mixed con/int jewelry on my elem and i dont see myself reaching the scad a 72set would get me (but i get pretty close).

I dunno maybe if im able to +30 all parts i can remove some of the scc in my jewelry for scad - but i like to not lose the 100% scrit. (high ranks on weapon, no claws)

it is i just meant at full +30 the difference ends up not THAT huge especially if you use event enchants in jewels

and thats what i did on my druid with 4 armor parts +30 most of my jewels are enchants with scads instead of sccs, and yup 100scc is a beauty haha

2 parts 85 con does give better 11% speed cast and movement, but u trade despair set bonus for it.

net change is-

9% speed, 46 scad, 9 curse dmg and 4.6% light ------> 11% speed, 12 con.

also, the 85con set only +'s CON and SCC, as opposed to 72's con,scad and electric resist. (why does it only improve 2 stats?)

i suppose you end up with a more balanced build using the 85 parts.

from the looks of things, i can keep knucks for convenience, ditch CON NM parts for INT and enchant with curse resist xeons.

9% speed vs 11% speed is not worth it. and 85 sets add elec resist as well.

and yah keep knucks go full int jewels, oh and when you are enchanting your armor, make your first 4-5 enchants something super sexy and the last 4-3 the ion curse

Cast speed doesn't work at the moment just fyi~

Hasn't for a while.

Lastly 85 set improves elec resist as well, think of it as the scc-based "SLIGHTLY MORE" defensive version of 72. (even tho u can get decent dmg from this set too /shrug)

cast speed is working only the visual number is not being changed which is a bit annoying, and cant say its a BIT more, the upper i think has 200 def more at +30

with mixed set i have 1,3ish scad, with full despair 1,5ish.

Sure I miss the extra scad - in raids i sometimes switch back to full despair,

but I haz more def, con, scrit with mixed set (i am SO close to 100% scrit - again no claws in weapon or even event scrit in jewelry).

which 2 parts are you swapping? boots and gloves?

in case of scud or some skanky melee coming close i switch to +30 doll, its kind of kewler because it also gives evasion (which does seem to have an impact on aa melees if you get a noticeable number of evasion, 3x6 suggests "above 30k").

but yea alosa is nice too, i use it on my elem.

oh yah the evasion a defiler gets with both evasion buffs and doll and if you use rh scales in the armor, oh man doing TD is beautiful, all the mobs miss, its great

I'm thinking about if I enchant my armor with curse res 1,5% or just change (when I need)  a TB neck... Others res I have max (except Wind, Asutar sucks '-'...)

My defi is no OP, since my focus was HP and SCC:

- Despair set (chest +11 - others +10 a few INT/CON and 10 minutes buff lvl 5);

- +30 Uncursed Knuckle (7/8 RH magic claws, medium to good stats, 3500 hp and 320 con, I don't waste mall to revamp '-');

- Rare Dominator C-C [CON] (Neck +12, others +7 - all 8/8 with 0.5 scc);

- +30 Scad Ball II (8/8 0.5 scc);

Final result (With PET lvl 10, TD (20% HP/MP and 10% stats) and Guild bonus:

- 18,5k HP (19,2 or something like with Costumer, I don't use it '-');

- Around 900 SCAD:

- 92.5% scc.

With my calcs, I'll reach 25k or 26k HP with all +30, but I don't think I'll do it.

If I can change something, is the set to 85 INT and RH magic claws for HR 20-20.

I don't want spend/waste money in requiem, but the minimiun to be something in game.

Praying... my 840/800 (some from honor points) sucks.... because that I hate zerks... I have a defense cell, but don't give so much defense, not to make a difference...

scad looks a bit low mate, my defi with 85 set is has 950 scad, you are using full con set and full con jewels as well?

defense is a bit lowish too, idk i could never play with that little, i always shove rh scales in casters with low defense haha.

#165 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

cast speed is working only the visual number is not being changed which is a bit annoying, and cant say its a BIT more, the upper i think has 200 def more at +30

Ah was just a visual bug then I guess.

Tested it with defi and a druid, it's really ONLY noticeable on a druid with 85 gloves though, not a major difference at all for a defi though considering Terms of Service has a lengthier cast time than all the other skills I tested with, but the def is definitely nicer on 85 gloves for sure :o

#166 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ah was just a visual bug then I guess.

Tested it with defi and a druid, it's really ONLY noticeable on a druid with 85 gloves though, not a major difference at all for a defi though considering Terms of Service has a lengthier cast time than all the other skills I tested with, but the def is definitely nicer on 85 gloves for sure :o

yah, i was originally really against the 85 sets, but now that i made a druid with full 85 and seeing the damage it can still do, and the defense compared to 72 is great! also gives better stats though i think only +1 more per reinforce

#167 WhateverHeSaid

WhateverHeSaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

scad looks a bit low mate, my defi with 85 set is has 950 scad, you are using full con set and full con jewels as well?

defense is a bit lowish too, idk i could never play with that little, i always shove rh scales in casters with low defense haha.

Sure, it's low, but how I said:

- I'm using despair (CON of course) set: chest +11 and others +10;

- All my jewels are C-C CON (Neck +12 and others +7).

#168 WhateverHeSaid

WhateverHeSaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

600 more defense.

#169 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Sure, it's low, but how I said:

- I'm using despair (CON of course) set: chest +11 and others +10;

- All my jewels are C-C CON (Neck +12 and others +7).

ah full con jewel set as well...well you will end up with some nice HP but your dmg will be quite lowish, but hey if you plan on mostly pveing it will not make much of a difference

600 more defense.

difference of 600 defense is pretty big for a caster, my mystic with sealing was running 1.7k def, with doll thats 2.6k which after srdd5 only 1.850, sins can hit pretty hard, now consider 85 set that will be 2.450 defense, now that is quite hard to shred

#170 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

it is i just meant at full +30 the difference ends up not THAT huge especially if you use event enchants in jewels

and thats what i did on my druid with 4 armor parts +30 most of my jewels are enchants with scads instead of sccs, and yup 100scc is a beauty haha

which 2 parts are you swapping? boots and gloves?

oh yah the evasion a defiler gets with both evasion buffs and doll and if you use rh scales in the armor, oh man doing TD is beautiful, all the mobs miss, its great

- so you still have 100% crit even tho you enchanted "alot of jewelry" with scad?

im guessing you have clawns in weapon?

- yes 85 con boots n gloves, rest despair.

- sure but i dont have enough skillpoints to get both evasion buffs. i only got the % buff at 6, but it already helps alot.

#171 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

- so you still have 100% crit even tho you enchanted "alot of jewelry" with scad?

im guessing you have clawns in weapon?

- yes 85 con boots n gloves, rest despair.

- sure but i dont have enough skillpoints to get both evasion buffs. i only got the % buff at 6, but it already helps alot.

97% scc, had to redo my enchants to compensate for when i finish +30ing the set, 2 parts +10 only so will get 100 when its done.

no claw in weapon full HRs

AH right i would like to mention that the scc enchants i do have are all events not basic ions

also want to mention i have 153 honor (lvl 10 honor scc so +4%)

guess you use it for that 9%-11% change in run/cast speed? idk i tried to see if 2% changes much, couldnt really see much of a change. 

hmm...guess different builds, i managed to get both maxed but silly me i also have max dna on illusion lol...

#172 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

97% scc, had to redo my enchants to compensate for when i finish +30ing the set, 2 parts +10 only so will get 100 when its done.

no claw in weapon full HRs

AH right i would like to mention that the scc enchants i do have are all events not basic ions

also want to mention i have 153 honor (lvl 10 honor scc so +4%)

guess you use it for that 9%-11% change in run/cast speed? idk i tried to see if 2% changes much, couldnt really see much of a change. 

hmm...guess different builds, i managed to get both maxed but silly me i also have max dna on illusion lol...

aww event chants :c i want - i was too lazy to farm them back then, also i was like "yea right like im gonna redo all my enchants on jewelry".

i soon have lvl 10 honor scc too, only lvl 9 atm.

well i kind did it mainly for a little bit more def, con and scc.

i doubt the casting speed benefits me alot, but i do notice i run a little faster then people with 72 sets :-P

i used to do that too, but not anymore. i have 21,4k eva with ball and 33,4 with doll (with lvl 6 invisibility).

i blame commys to not be able to spend more on this since i needed to skill lvl 10 lith to be able to occasionally stop them.

#173 WhateverHeSaid

WhateverHeSaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

[...] if you plan on mostly pveing it will not make much of a difference

Not really, the best PvP player are those have a lot of HP and medium damage (Not talking about SCAD, only about Magic damage and INT, for casters). It's to any game, not only requiem, the most badass or the best (make your choice) have a great defense and HP, and a considerable damage (not the higher). And remember, the good player is not that put a AoE attack, kill a lot of "newbie" passing through invisible damage and die with a explosive arrow DoT...

PvE you need more damage than HP, only this. Since one of the best mystic farmer  have a Sealing set with INT jewels (He solo jugger)... but sucks in pvp, I kill him with 3 hits (I don't solo jugger, but solo him LOL).

Be balanced is good, but it depends on the focus question. Unless you have money to do all possible types. And I don't wont waste so much money... since for WP I pay more than 3 times a price of a euro and 2.5. times the dolar... ='(

I don't have much scad cause I don't reinf my set and jewels. My "end" stats will be around 1400-1500 scad (I have a excel plan at home), 1200 defense (without any other ornament or enchant to defense, maybe later I'll do something about) and 25k or 26k HP. Now I hit between 1000-1200 (on 80% curse resist), around 2 - 2.2k on 50% curse and more than 3k (3.4k was my best hit) on my friend (he have a commie with 28k HP but only 23% curse resists, the others are 80%).

#174 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

if feel like too much hp is overated, if you get 18-20k as a caster - put the rest in damage.

#175 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

if feel like too much hp is overated, if you get 18-20k as a caster - put the rest in damage.

if you need any more hp, you're doing something wrong...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users