Thoughts about Manhole/Shadow Form? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Thoughts about Manhole/Shadow Form?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

I said CC is cheap. No doubt. But is limited. When you CC and then fist, a Chaser can still shadow form the Sura during the cast period.

Please be more ignorant. CC does not end till the casting is finished and the chaser is dead before he is relased. <.<

#27 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Please be more ignorant. CC does not end till the casting is finished and the chaser is dead before he is relased. <.<

He's maining a sura, its logical to expect him say that kind of things.

#28 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

When you CC and then fist, a Chaser can still shadow form the Sura during the cast period.

I have a 116/24 GX with oblivion curse

lol baddie

Go 150/50 it then. It's known to normally be tougher to inflict status effects on players higher level than you.

#29 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

At least chat isn't dissabled during CC. You can use precious seconds to curse the sura who cursed circled you xP... And sometimes, mercenaries with a good AI can help if the sura is just trying to fist you. Since you can still use items, using an archer merc scroll which instantly traps under the sura can break the casting of GFist. Not perfect, but it's better then sitting waitting death :smooch:

#30 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

At least chat isn't dissabled during CC. You can use precious seconds to curse the sura who cursed circled you xP... And sometimes, mercenaries with a good AI can help if the sura is just trying to fist you. Since you can still use items, using an archer merc scroll which instantly traps under the sura can break the casting of GFist. Not perfect, but it's better then sitting waitting death :smooch:

Where can I get such an AI?

#31 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

Where can I get such an AI?

Personal AI, sory ^^;

I haven't seen any public ID which explicitly supports trapping, but just any AI would probably work with a band-aid fix: switch the ID of Landmine (or freezing trap) with the ID of another skill your regular AI does use for that merc, and now your merc should use traps under the enemy instead of the skill you replaced.

#32 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

I never claimed to be good. I just started playing my Sura in pvp and woe. I never get the chance to CC a chaser because they usually have me in manhole before I get close enough to do it lol. I pretty much suck lol. :smooch:

I don't think I will be working on my GX for a while. Want to learn the two 150 characters I already have first. Get better and improve. Maybe after the balance patch when they buff the GX class a bit i'll start leveling it. I have good equips already for it. Just need to spend the time leveling it.

Edited by DarkDan, 17 September 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#33 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Maybe after the balance patch when they buff the GX class a bit...

I'm not sure if other people have thought about it, but with the correct AI, you could use mercenaries too, to prepare CRS without the need of enemies... so spamming CRS always becomes easy always....

#34 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

as a sura, SF is waaaay too good. Give it a cast time and it is balanced imo. If suras cant have insta gfist cast with +9 kvm fist anymore lol they shouldnt have insta SF xD. as for manhole, it is fair as is imo

Edited by Lazerbomb, 17 September 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#35 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Wow cry more about the only class that gives you trouble. It's like saying Chemical protection should be dispellible because it totally disables what a Stalker can do. <.<

#36 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

The moment any class gets hit with CC, they are unable to perform any kind of move until the Sura is finished with theirs. Learn to play combo better.

wrong. a sura that has been CCed can cast crescent elbow once the other sura starts gfist cast and potentially double KO the other champ

@op you play a 150 sura and you're complaining about manhole? that's like a gx complaining about getting leech ended

and people are really complaining about shadow form being op? what a joke.

Edited by Andini, 17 September 2011 - 10:14 PM.

#37 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

wrong. a sura that has been CCed can cast crescent elbow once the other sura starts gfist cast and potentially double KO the other champ

Well I learn something new every day. O.o Never heard about this before. Would be funny to see that happen. xD

#38 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

@Andini:
You cannot cast anything while you are affected by CC. crescent elbow is a Shed Cicada Skin of sorts. It is a buff with a set duration that drain's the caster's HP and SP per second until it activates. The only thing that can be used during CC are items, these include Runes, Merc scrolls and Magic scrolls.

#39 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

if you haven't activated CE prior to getting CCed, you can still activate it after gettin CCed after the sura starts his gfist cast

Edited by Andini, 18 September 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#40 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

if you haven't activated CE prior to getting CCed, you can still activate it after gettin CCed after the sura starts his gfist cast

Does CC works like root between suras? (like, only suras who know CC can do skills when they are curse circled)

#41 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

Does CC works like root between suras? (like, only suras who know CC can do skills when they are curse circled)

No it doesn't which is why I doubt him. Else another sura would just snap away.

Edited by Clogon, 18 September 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#42 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

it's probably because 75% of the suras don't even know this, let alone people that don't main suras

Edited by Andini, 18 September 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#43 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

with snap, back slide, front slide, fly kick disabled from woe, will make more tactic the game

#44 Zesty

Zesty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

It's true. Also, CE doesn't NEED 2 spheres to cast. Although, if you do have spheres out, and cast CE it consumes them. Although I'm almost positive both of these are unintended. Meaning they might get fixed at some point.

#45 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

it has many other good uses. i doubt they will change the way it works tho

#46 Supatony

Supatony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Bad Sura losing to Chasers? =/

#47 peeweehonda

peeweehonda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

1 u can pot in a manhole and shadow fourmed so u need to take people in your guild to pvp and try it out
before u run off at the mouth

#48 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

what

#49 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

I already admitted im a bad Sura so you can stop with all that. :D

As of the time I posted this you couldn't pot, bwing, etc.... in manhole. Ralis is a mod and verified this in his post lol.

As much as I play pvp I know the cheap moves. Im not completely inocent. I use CC/Gfist combo. I have done a weapon swap exceed break. Of all the cheap moves, I still feel like this tops the cake. Especially since they took away the ability to bwing or pot. A chaser has the time to man hole you, then shadow form you, and then stack traps lol. They could go to the bathroom and come back and still kill me lol.

Right now in pvp with a one vs one setup, I think Chasers are the top dog. Just my opinion.

The other thing that sucks is I have 150 RG. I had fits agains chasers with my RG so I made a 150/50 Sura. I still get my butt handed to me one on one versus a chaser. Even lower level chasers. :D

Edited by DarkDan, 19 September 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#50 peeweehonda

peeweehonda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

I already admitted im a bad Sura so you can stop with all that. :D

As of the time I posted this you couldn't pot, bwing, etc.... in manhole. Ralis is a mod and verified this in his post lol.

As much as I play pvp I know the cheap moves. Im not completely inocent. I use CC/Gfist combo. I have done a weapon swap exceed break. Of all the cheap moves, I still feel like this tops the cake. Especially since they took away the ability to bwing or pot. A chaser has the time to man hole you, then shadow form you, and then stack traps lol. They could go to the bathroom and come back and still kill me lol.

Right now in pvp with a one vs one setup, I think Chasers are the top dog. Just my opinion.

The other thing that sucks is I have 150 RG. I had fits agains chasers with my RG so I made a 150/50 Sura. I still get my butt handed to me one on one versus a chaser. Even lower level chasers. :D

found out about the time renwel hit u could alwasy pot in manhole

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users