Regarding MVP difficulties... - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regarding MVP difficulties...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

this is my guide to mvp soloing as a gx
1) To solo an mvp gx way you need 2 do 1 of 2 things one have high flee+the hallucination walk to flee mvp
2) Be able to clear the mobs fast enough that you can flee the mvp. solution (Rofl - RoR Combo) allow fast mob clearing with the +9 kvm katar proc
3) Research the mvp to see what kind of elemental skills he uses then bring the correct set of armor for swaping
4} Be sure to also bring 1-3 res tokens just incase and 10-30 <ygg seeds/berrys/ales) in case things get hairy

with all these steps you should be able to mvp successfully please make sure to also have decent lvl+vit for hp reasons
GL HAPPY HUNTING

Thank you for the advice, but I have a couple questions.

1) The last time I used Hallucination Walk, it completely wrecked me. It sort of gave me 25 seconds to win before I became totally useless -- or are 25 second MVPs suppposed to be the norm?
2) I've found a cheaper alternative for the low end MVPs -- Counter Slash works wonders, so that's not a huge issue for me.
3) Regarding elemental armor, am I thinking of the named armor sets? Like Lucius' fire one and all that? Or were carded ones more effective somehow, assuming that there are even cards to change your property?
4) As for this one, I've learned that the hard way. I would have succeeded against my first Phreeoni had I accounted for the SP loss better.

#27 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Locationinside ur mind...
  • Server:VALK

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

1) The last time I used Hallucination Walk, it completely wrecked me. It sort of gave me 25 seconds to win before I became totally useless -- or are 25 second MVPs suppposed to be the norm?
2) I've found a cheaper alternative for the low end MVPs -- Counter Slash works wonders, so that's not a huge issue for me.
3) Regarding elemental armor, am I thinking of the named armor sets? Like Lucius' fire one and all that? Or were carded ones more effective somehow, assuming that there are even cards to change your property?
4) As for this one, I've learned that the hard way. I would have succeeded against my first Phreeoni had I accounted for the SP loss better.

1A)When you get higher levels your dmg should be increased by a good 3k or so depending on your stats. which will allow you to clear it in the hallucination time limit.
2A} Only problem with counter slash it stops your crit locking for a good 1-3seconds but with the Rolf set it is instant cast+multiple off skills that will hit 1-200k depending if u get lucky n hit a gfist :rolleyes: (this also helps you stay within the Hallucination walk time limit.
3A} there are cards for every element armors work just as well as cards -vis versa- not sure if this is wrong but. the reason elemental armor is sought after is cause you can say have a fire property armor with also a water/wind element card in it.
4A} Points back to the Rofl+RoR combo instant cast doesn't use full sp cost. or any if that not sure about gfist
Going to eat hope these answers some of your questions. ::xinn::

#28 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

post NOW a video of you killing katherine keyron MVP NOW, if you cant you fail in your statement

Those mvps require certain classes to do easily. As long as everyone just knows what to do. My guild does those bio3 mvps every so often. They're not hard.

I personally tanked the bio3 HP(it's the mob that hurts the most, anyway, so doesn't matter that much which mvp it is), used a total of 200 white pots, 0 ales or any other consumables, and the AB in the party did not heal me once, he was busy doing other things. And this is the most challenging part of pvm sadly..

#29 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

Elemental cards for armors are:
Holy - Angeling
Ghost - Ghostring
Poison - Argiope
Undead - Evil Druid
Fire - Pasana
Water - Swordfish
Wind - Dokebi
Earth - Sandman
Shadow - Bathory

The elemental armors you are thinking of are:

Lucius's Fierce Armor of Volcano
Saphien's Armor of Ocean
Claytos Cracking Earth Armor
Aebecee's Raging Typhoon Armor

Personally I prefer carding armors with higher defense unless I need something like an unfrozen with elemental protection as well. As for what xinn said, I never knew that, I will have to test this.

Edited by NoxiousOrchid, 23 September 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#30 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

tip: use elemental resistance. don't just think alice valk + immune + this and that will help you fully. drake's waterball does like, no damage, when you stack big water resist. so does some other high end mvp's who uses magic often.

#31 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

Time and time again I see people saying the MVPs are too easy blah blah blah, and why does the OP posts this when he has problem mvping while agreeing to the point that mvps are too easy???

MVPs are not too easy, its that PLAYERS ARE OVER POWERED.

Ive seen people soloing DLs, solo genetics killing amon ra in less than 5 sec, orc hero killed by 1 gfist. Yet I have seen lvl 100+ being 1 shot killed by DL, not to mention the harder ones like beezlebub, valk, satan morroc, ifirit.

As long as they keep pumping up the players skills, gears, cards etc etc, they will have to pump up the MVPs to keep them amused. And the end result? Lower level, new players will never get to enjoy the game, last face it, being killed by DL when he's not even in your screen isnt exactly what I would call "fun".

#32 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

2A} Only problem with counter slash it stops your crit locking for a good 1-3seconds but with the Rolf set it is instant cast+multiple off skills that will hit 1-200k depending if u get lucky n hit a gfist :rolleyes: (this also helps you stay within the Hallucination walk time limit.

>1-200k
>using random-proc skills off equipment while ctrl-clicking
>instead of fixing the OP class's skill, we just get a chance to use it too

...Is this really what RO has become?

Edited by Tybolt, 24 September 2011 - 03:22 AM.

#33 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

The only elemental armor worth carding is Aebecee's Raging Typhoon armor with Marc card. You'll never have to worry about Storm Gust, Jupitel Thunder, Jack Frost or Chain Lightning at all. :rolleyes:

#34 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

The only elemental armor worth carding is Aebecee's Raging Typhoon armor with Marc card. You'll never have to worry about Storm Gust, Jupitel Thunder, Jack Frost or Chain Lightning at all. :rolleyes:

didn't know people still die to sg or jt

#35 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

didn't know people still die to sg or jt

HW Kathryne's JT and several MvPs' Storm Gust.

#36 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

Here is an example this server has different rates not sure by how much but.

#37 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Those mvps require certain classes to do easily. As long as everyone just knows what to do. My guild does those bio3 mvps every so often. They're not hard.

I personally tanked the bio3 HP(it's the mob that hurts the most, anyway, so doesn't matter that much which mvp it is), used a total of 200 white pots, 0 ales or any other consumables, and the AB in the party did not heal me once, he was busy doing other things. And this is the most challenging part of pvm sadly..

im still waiting to see your video killing the mvp ALONE as you stated that mvps are easy.... uh?

#38 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

hmm... it is possible to solo kathryne keyron with some luck if you can A.swap fast enough B.get lucky and dodge magic attacks with H.walk

Edited by xinn, 24 September 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#39 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

im still waiting to see your video killing the mvp ALONE as you stated that mvps are easy.... uh?

Bio3 mvps are way too easy to be the hardest content in all of RO.. Sure, you can't really solo them, I guess everyone is too used to soloing everything. I miss the early days when only a couple guilds could kill the high level mvps like bee and ifrit.

Watch this video, you will see what strong mvp's used to take to defeat them. Now it's a joke!

and

Notice the difficulty at that stage of the game made it so every class was useful in some way, they pretty much had every class there. And I always felt the need to work towards being higher leveled, or getting better equips, with a goal to defeat another mvp with my guild. Pre-renewal was around for a long time and I still never completed ET till renewal come. Nowadays I have no goals to own a challenging map, or mvp. It's all done. Even noobs are killing the "hard mvps".. There is no longer anything in pvm that would make you go "MAN THAT WAS EPIC, CANT BELIEVE WE DID IT", that sort of feeling.. There should always be bosses that are "above and beyond" so that everyone has a need to make their chars stronger, else there is no point in playing anymore other than woe purposes.

And this is what's possible now, you only need 1 person. And the hardest content in the game can be done with a 3 person party. Sad.

Posted Image

Edited by Venruki, 25 September 2011 - 01:36 AM.

#40 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

mefisto is just being crappy again

Suras were meant, in the 1st place, to be 1-shotters, however i do agree that they need to set a better cool down on the 1-shotting part. So that they will be something like when fighting valk rand whr sum1 has to take the dispell before the ms tank goes in

GX require more skill to play. If you cant handle it and wanna remain a noob, change class. GX can easily owns assess if they do it right, even more with god items. Look at Chipotle, fight him and you will understand. EDP is your ultimate weapon, if you cant use it, stick to bot-style monster fighting

also, eddga is a bad choice if you havent got a fire armor, his fire attacks hurt real bad. As for drake, his waterball = death w/o proper gear. Learn to adapt and not-_- all the time how unbalanced the game is.
Indeed, the GMs may grant you your wish sometimes but at the end of the day, there will always be variation between classes which will make 1 more envious of the other and vice versa.
e.g. im a gen and i always wanted to use GX and RGs. You see my health? it is 20k at lv 150, thats abysmally low, but i still take it as it is, because i see the up side of my class with howling and hell plants and acid bomb
you maybe a GX and may start to fantasize how insane it is for us genetics to bomb and whew, 50k or so pops up, but we consume abt 40k per bomb, you take 80k make an edp and it lasts for a min which allows an average GX to do 360k in total. not to forget your godly skill hallucination walk. We genetics got everything to hit us w/o pneuma.

Moral: Stop complaining and learn to use ur char

#41 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

If you don't think MvPs are that challenging anymore, put a handicap on yourself. Avoid using Ales/Yggs like a noob or use a Warlock to MvP. :rolleyes:

#42 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

or you can have a high int RK ( most rk have really high int btw) enchant blade u and u go to town critting the mvp to death, just make sure u wear proper gear, missy will rape u, dont attempt it on your gx her JT hurts alot, maya is cake, same for orc hero, orc lord is easy to as long as u backslide the hell out of the screen when u see orc lord do EQ. phreeoni is cake too, Eddga is easy as long as u backslide out when he does the fire thing on the ground and wear fire armor. Almost every mvps is soloable with the proper gear, the hardest ones are Valk, Beez, ET lv 100 guy, naught seiger and ifrit. Out of thouse only Beez, Et lv 100 and naught seiger actually require a group to do

#43 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

There is no hard mvps anymore on renewal. Bee can be triple cliented solo, Valk can be 1 shotted, Naught can be reflect killed while reading newspaper.

#44 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

beez can be soloed by a single client rk and no alts (however it cost a bit of supply, but its still profitable). lvl 100 et can be soloed by a sura...

#45 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

mefisto is just being crappy again

Suras were meant, in the 1st place, to be 1-shotters, however i do agree that they need to set a better cool down on the 1-shotting part. So that they will be something like when fighting valk rand whr sum1 has to take the dispell before the ms tank goes in

GX require more skill to play. If you cant handle it and wanna remain a noob, change class. GX can easily owns assess if they do it right, even more with god items. Look at Chipotle, fight him and you will understand. EDP is your ultimate weapon, if you cant use it, stick to bot-style monster fighting

also, eddga is a bad choice if you havent got a fire armor, his fire attacks hurt real bad. As for drake, his waterball = death w/o proper gear. Learn to adapt and not-_- all the time how unbalanced the game is.
Indeed, the GMs may grant you your wish sometimes but at the end of the day, there will always be variation between classes which will make 1 more envious of the other and vice versa.
e.g. im a gen and i always wanted to use GX and RGs. You see my health? it is 20k at lv 150, thats abysmally low, but i still take it as it is, because i see the up side of my class with howling and hell plants and acid bomb
you maybe a GX and may start to fantasize how insane it is for us genetics to bomb and whew, 50k or so pops up, but we consume abt 40k per bomb, you take 80k make an edp and it lasts for a min which allows an average GX to do 360k in total. not to forget your godly skill hallucination walk. We genetics got everything to hit us w/o pneuma.

Moral: Stop complaining and learn to use ur char

its true that genetics have low hp pool, but you mageclass too....... and theres no good point on being mageclass until a balance >.<, i would like to have a skill that cost 40k per cast.... totally true that now its forced to adapt and use the proper elemental gears BUT whats the point of being mageclass with low hp if we cant reduce the magical atack from the mvps? at least mageclass should have 3x more power on PVM, in the case of woe it should be 2x

#46 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

There is no hard mvps anymore on renewal. Bee can be triple cliented solo, Valk can be 1 shotted, Naught can be reflect killed while reading newspaper.

valk randgrys have 2m hp, i really want to see the godly sura with lex aeterna combo to 1 shot this mvp, can you upload some videos? also naught sieger its nasty when you dont have over 9000000 boted ales, or use a warlock to kill it! how many days you will take?

#47 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

No. Naght can be killed using 0 ales. Just spam dragons breath with quad malicious, strings + secrament and lex spam it dies in a couple minutes. Also a RG can reflect kill it with kaahi and moonlight dagger.

Bean's sura was taking randgris down to 200-300k hp left after 1 gfist, 1 meg on. I'm sure with 2 megs on and more offensive stats he could 1 shot it.

Edited by Venruki, 25 September 2011 - 03:45 PM.

#48 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

What's the big secret? Are low-tier ones like Eddga simply not soloable anymore?

I've been playing on and off for many years and it was never like this before, as I literally had my level 106 GX killed in two shots by one of his fire attacks.

I suppose I can assume that the only method here to even dream of surviving him would be to use fire enchanted armor that nullifies damage completely... Has this game reached a point where you must be perfectly geared for fighting anything? I can't see any damage reduction cards or all the MDEF in the world actually make a difference when I'm getting hit for over 6,000 damage in less than three seconds.

(Has Planet Ragnarok reached a point where you must be perfectly geared for fighting anything?....., which The Quest Post may sponsor such assignments blooming many directions.)

In the New Age, yes, but not the Regions Of Beginning such as, Morroc City, The Capital Arts, Alberta City, extending so so forth, however though, ideals of such production may somehow be involve on 3rd down.

It's a sharp look

(Looks in the mirrior)

Edited by Scientistic, 25 September 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#49 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

valk randgrys have 2m hp, i really want to see the godly sura with lex aeterna combo to 1 shot this mvp, can you upload some videos? also naught sieger its nasty when you dont have over 9000000 boted ales, or use a warlock to kill it! how many days you will take?

2x AK carga, bryn, carat FEW, fatasm, 1 meg, diab ring, aliot nid garb, manaful diab boots, lex, 120 str sura, vip buffs, 100 int GK = 2.3-2.4M gfist damage. Don't even need 20 foods, striking buff, imposito. And yah, -1 repping me for saying the truth? what a scrub.

#50 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Eddga is cake if you're smart to evade the bombs he throws everywhere. I've solo'd him on my 115 ranger.

If you ask me, the hardest part about Eddga is killing the damn thing before a sura runs in and steals it from you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users