Bring back polying in town - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Bring back polying in town

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

If polying were to be brought back in towns... Why not simply make it available in buildings only? Which is a slight yet reasonable compromise? People get their kicks/have fun, and vendors/etc remain happy.

You can't do that because monsters tele (and it would lead to hocusing probably anyway) - and it can interfere with quests and inns

and unlike kafra you can't teleport away from your spawn point in an inn

#52 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Wouldn't there be the same draw backs with quest interference in towns? No? Just a bigger map is all. The other option is designated towns. Which means Prontera would practically be off bounds.

#53 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

OR, here's an idea: Have a designated vending zone/map. Reachable via NPC. (Which resolves the question: What do you do about the vendors?) It'll address other issues players have brought up in the process.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

Well you can tele in towns. You can't indoors.

Thats pretty much why I suggest poly in towns other than pront.

#55 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

I suppose if you didn't read that people were talking about ways to have polying and not kill venders being mad at the topic would be justified.

Towns are a safe zone. It's not about the vendors. It's about the overall abuse of polymorphing. The only reason one would want to do so is to kill other players in town. There are places this can already be done. You can go to the pvp arena and poly to your hearts content. There is no reason for it to be allowed in towns other than to abuse it and cause annoying havoc.

When I'm in Payon or any other town I shouldn't have to worry about dying and being sent back to the town I just either walked from or spent my hard earned zeny to warp from. A priestess shouldn't have to waste all her gems resurrecting the poor citizens affected by someone enjoying themselves by mob training in town. That's all it really is. You can argue all you want that you would only use it in secluded areas of the map and enjoy it with friends. But who are you kidding? We all know what the majority of people will use it for. Drag monsters through a populated area of town to annoy and kill other players in that area. Some might find it fun, but others won't and those people matter too.

So please, make your Mi Gao farms outside of town or in the PvP arena.

Edited by Maka, 12 October 2011 - 03:06 AM.

#56 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

The only reason one would want to do so is to kill other players in town. There is no reason for it to be allowed in towns other than to abuse it and cause annoying havoc.

Wrong.
Polymorphing can be a very fun thing to do, and quiet a few people play this game for fun.
It's a thing you can enjoy while chatting with others in town, advantages are no exp loss, respawn point, chat with people arround you and it's near a kafra.

You can debate if it's too much abusable or not, but you can't say that everybody that polys does it to harass or is one evil ass.

Altough i don't see how it's used to annoy in certain towns people hang out, like Izlude, Alberta, Aldebaran, when everybody has already quit this game because it got boring or because people QQ over everything and get it banned/nerfed.

;)

#57 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

Towns are a safe zone. It's not about the vendors. It's about the overall abuse of polymorphing. The only reason one would want to do so is to kill other players in town. There are places this can already be done. You can go to the pvp arena and poly to your hearts content. There is no reason for it to be allowed in towns other than to abuse it and cause annoying havoc.

When I'm in Payon or any other town I shouldn't have to worry about dying and being sent back to the town I just either walked from or spent my hard earned zeny to warp from. A priestess shouldn't have to waste all her gems resurrecting the poor citizens affected by someone enjoying themselves by mob training in town. That's all it really is. You can argue all you want that you would only use it in secluded areas of the map and enjoy it with friends. But who are you kidding? We all know what the majority of people will use it for. Drag monsters through a populated area of town to annoy and kill other players in that area. Some might find it fun, but others won't and those people matter too.

So please, make your Mi Gao farms outside of town or in the PvP arena.

People I know always sit on the same tile in town. When they're not there I lay a warp down and fake afk. when they're AFKing I warp them away.
Should warp be disabled in town?

Sometimes when I'm in town people put abusive chat signs up.
should chats be disabled?

Sometimes people vend over NPCs making them impossible to click, just for laughs.
Disable vends?

There's always someone who will use something to be annoying. But I get it

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

#58 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

People I know always sit on the same tile in town. When they're not there I lay a warp down and fake afk. when they're AFKing I warp them away.
Should warp be disabled in town?

No, you should be reported for skill abuse.

Sometimes when I'm in town people put abusive chat signs up.
should chats be disabled?

No, you should be reported for harassment.

Sometimes people vend over NPCs making them impossible to click, just for laughs.
Disable vends?

No, kRO responds by making it so you can't vend in a 7x7 areas around any NPC.

There's always someone who will use something to be annoying. But I get it

Maybe you do, maybe you don't? Its very difficult to report someone for killing you while you vended when at work. It's one of he few things that have to be outright disabled to circumvent, since policing it is difficult.

#59 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Maybe a little off topic, but isn't it possible to blow away the vendors burying the kafra in shops with marine spheres (the alch skill)?

#60 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

If you guys want to Poly in town, just go to Niflheim >_>

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

No, you should be reported for skill abuse.

No, you should be reported for harassment.

No, kRO responds by making it so you can't vend in a 7x7 areas around any NPC.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't? Its very difficult to report someone for killing you while you vended when at work. It's one of he few things that have to be outright disabled to circumvent, since policing it is difficult.

Oh look, you understood the point that I was making

*slow clap*

So why not enable it in a non vend town?

#62 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

It's something we can brainstorm on, perhaps for an event, but there's no point in arguing among yourselves.

#63 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSlagelse, Denmark
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

quote name='Akami' timestamp='1318384486' post='600277']
I used to lol so hard when I could see a swath carved through the vending shops because someone poly'd a Frus or something of equivalent ass-kickery.
[/quote]

i did not mean to give that one a (+) i find this post very very disturbing... lulzing is fine... lulzing on someone else behalf... or someone else frustration... thats whats called trolling.. and i find trolls... well.. lets have a description of tolls...:

Posted Image Posted Image A troll is a supernatural being in Scandinavian folklore and mythology. In origin, the term troll was a generally negative synonym for a Jotun(plural jötnar) being in Norse Mythology, in other words, an evil creature from Jotunheim (dont look that up on google maps, theres actually a town in norway called jotunheim oO'). In later Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, typically portrayed as large, dull, particularly ugly creatures that live in caves or other subterranean dwellings. One of the most famous elements of Scandinavian folklore, in modern times trolls are depicted in a variety of media, in tolkiens lord of the rings, tolls are modified to be as we know then today... but i prefere the original term, a evil creature from Jotunheim...

iv been reading most of this topic... and... i just couldn't complete it... ima go somewhere else, and let the rest of you guys decide what to do here, in this case, ill wash my hands ^^

#64 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Thank you for res-ing a dead thread and the unnecessary historical information. My apologies, I'll try harder to live up to your standards.

Edited by Akami, 01 November 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#65 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Possible to make certain towns polyable during events and such, I doubt if Prontera or the eden group would be viable due to the large numbers of players AFKing or vending there. I'd like to do a "give x number of items to NPC to spawn y numbers of monsters.

Personally, if mobs were able to properly fight each other I would have a kind of tower defense style event where players try to overwhelm the other team's castle guardians with large numbers of monsters.

I think thats the problem... you worry to much about AFK players
Honestly i had soo much fun trying to hocuspocus a mvp in prontera, sure the best i could do was Odium of Thanatos due to mushroom spawned monsters dieing, but i did manage to troll unbounds guild spot with it /gg (after killing my guildies :dunno: )and that pesky cat was hard to find and to keep alive!

You have all these "fun-engineers" but really when it comes down to it, we have more fun just messing around with our mates, using polymorph inside eden and prontera is FUN REALLY FUN, most of the time you wont kill many venders due to the simple fact its an active hub of players.

The day hocus pocus was nerfed and no longer could be used in dungeons and towns was a SAD SAD day for me...
It ment, we as players lost the ability too, remove spammers, kill our enemy's when most venerable and just do stuff that made people go WTF... how,what,huh!

#66 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

HOCUSPOCUS... ENABLE EVERYWHERE.... LOW SUMMON RATES, HARDER MVP SUMMONS, ABILITY TO CAUSE INSTANT DEATH AND MORPH TO PORING

#67 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

why not just enable summoning of the mushroom so no one can go anywhere without getting high

#68 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

+1 for polymorphing in town. Its fun to have something out of the ordinary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users