Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

This sux. MVP cards gona be evrywhere.

How can it be everywhere if there will only be 1 summon a day and no alts on a diferent account cannot kill MVP unless they're in VIP accounts? Flawed logic.

#77 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

How can it be everywhere if there will only be 1 summon a day and no alts on a diferent account cannot kill MVP unless they're in VIP accounts? Flawed logic.

Theres like 1k+ VIP accts and will farm those stuffs. /pat

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 10 October 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#78 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Im really not into this.. /sigh

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 10 October 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#79 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:Renewal again

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Theres like 1k+ VIP accts and will farm those stuffs. /pat

Are we still talkin about RO?

#80 Beemaomao

Beemaomao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

Are we still talkin about RO?

that depends, r you still on forum in the RO section?

#81 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

How about the vip members won't need the item requirements to summon and the cooldown will be 10 hours like before and the non vip will need to use those items required to summon and the cool down is 23 hours?

#82 S4vAg3

S4vAg3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

S%#&T

#83 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

that depends, r you still on forum in the RO section?

I am, ppl here just dont understand how the games gona be more lame w/easy MVP-hunting. ;)

Cards, cards, cards... :p_ang:

#84 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

-___-................................

quitting because of TAO ;)

#85 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

How about we just keep the item requirements?

Of course, we can change some of the harder item requirements to be something that's a lot easier to get, so those MVPs can actually be killed.

I'm thinking along the lines of:
VIP
- Leaving current item requirements
- Adding the option of using eden merit badge instead of the item requirements for any MVP you wish
- For VIP, it takes you to room 1 & 2
- Since its VIP only, lower cooldown (like 4-6hrs, maybe less)

Adding a non VIP summoner can be done as well:
Non-VIP
- Leave current item requirements
- Adding the option of using eden merit badge instead of the item requirements for any MVP you wish (this could be removed if you want VIP to look way better)
- For Non-VIP, it takes you to rooms 3 & 4 (would have to be created)
- Since its Non-VIP, cooldown is 23hrs

Probably not enough time to make the Non-VIP rooms and such for this maintenance, so it could be done for next week if its considered a good suggestion.

This also lets those who stocked up on certain items not lose their investment, since they can still sell them or use them.

Edited by Loki1669, 10 October 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#86 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

idk, I have access to so many accounts, being able to kill gtb/Tao/eddga 10x a day without comp is kinda nice, right?

#87 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

On the bright side, it makes it easier to get a shot at those MVPs that are camped down to the second on their spawn times.
Lost count of how many times I lost Eddga 'cause someone else came in and fisted/bombed it before I could finish it off.

Edited by Akami, 10 October 2011 - 10:02 PM.

#88 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

-___-................................

quitting because of TAO ;)

+1 (Royal Guard + Inspiration + Tao Carded Armor = /e5)

Sayonara WOE... /sigh

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 10 October 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#89 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

On the bright side, it makes it easier to get a shot at those MVPs that are camped down to the second on their spawn times.
Lost count of how many times I lost Eddga 'cause someone else came in and fisted/bombed it before I could finish it off.

Isn't the number of those spawns supposed to be the funnel f r the number of cards on the server? Why call it an MVP if you get it to yourself?

#90 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

actually nevermind, I guess the huge influx of bbs makes it irrelevant anyway

#91 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

why restrict the summoner to once a day? . just make it so vip have no item requirements. atleast a lot of people can actually get their shot at the mvp. some one has already mentioned all the good mvps have their spawn times camped down to the second.

#92 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

Isn't the number of those spawns supposed to be the funnel f r the number of cards on the server? Why call it an MVP if you get it to yourself?

I don't really care if it's free for all on MVP's, it's still annoying when someone runs up and kills it after you weakened it. Don't tell me you wouldn't rage if it dropped a card and they got it.

#93 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

I suppose having both would be the ideal way to do it. Once per day, you can VIP summon a monster, and Once per day you can item summon a monster. That would amount to two summoned MVPs per day if you have both VIP and the items.

Sounds like VIP players could do it twice a day. Also sounds like a bunch of MVP loots swarming the markets.

#94 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

No but I care about there being 9834759358 OP cards on the server.

#95 Thugmission

Thugmission

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

One summon per account per day if non vip.

One summon per character per day if vip.

If the mvp does not drop any item you can have a second round with it after 10 hours (vip or not?).
However, the timer will expire after 23 hours from the 2nd round.

If the mvp drops an mvp card, then the npc should congratulate you and give you ten more minutes to pick it up.
After you pick up the mvp card, the npc will not let your characters access the quest until after 1 week. (vip or not?)
week long x2drop events will then have a sort of safety cap.

Discuss the entrance requirements if needed.

#96 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

This sux. MVP cards gona be evrywhere.

LOL? Where are you getting this from?

The only thing that I see from this update is HE Gum sales rising. Warpportal found a good way to make business. ;)

#97 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Umm long before KVM every was given out by any sort of non-BG system there were complaints upon complaints that it "was too hard", and no one wants to do the KVMs. The only people that were doing it were constantly reported for doing shady things (true or not is not relevant) to up their reward.. Frankly it is a system that never worked as designed because it assumed good intentions from all users.

The VIP summoner is going to be reworked from current, it will be a VIP benefit. But to what degree of benefit remains to be seen, I don't intend on letting it be so easy that BILLIONS of cards enter the market as you all say.. Likely it will be a hybrid of free for VIP once in a while, to being more often done if you cash in the items to summon it. It is not any secret that the item turnin portion is a little quirky for some of the MVPs, so streamlining it is something I want to do.

Likely cost some Eden Merit Badges to do the Summons, and you can exchange some quantity of MVP items to get an Eden Merit Badge. I do not know the ratio or what yet, as I have to work that out tonight.

If your gonna charge Eden merit badges to do MVP summons then please give us other ways of obtaining them as with the way current turnins go 135-150 only get a turn-in every other week. And if I'm VIP with this being one of my benefits why should I have to pay Eden Merit badges (non VIP benefit) to get access to a VIP Benefit. Although I do agree maybe once a day summons may be good and all you should look at the full impact of the change and give players other ways of getting the Eden Merit Badges cause if you start charging Eden Merit badges for summons then your going to be giving access to a limited group of players as many MVP's are perma-camped and the MVP summoner gives players access to some of the Perma-Camped MVP's.

#98 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

LOL? Where are you getting this from?

The only thing that I see from this update is HE Gum sales rising. Warpportal found a good way to make business. :p_ang:

Ima ask you 1 question: Are gonna stay fancy, green and volunteer w/your name after seeing those cards swarming iRO in near future?

No1 gives a damn if HE gums rise or not, ppl who will badly want those nice MVP cards wont care about spending zeny or even real cash. ;)

#99 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Why are people complaining about it being for VIP only? The point of getting VIP is for the perks. If you want the perks, get VIP. It's not like the summoner is a requirement for anything.

So many people complain about RO doing things to make money. If RO didn't make money, there would be no RO. >_>

Some of you are blowing this out of proportion. We just had BBs + x2 drop. How is this any worse? ._.

#100 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

Ima ask you 1 question: Are gonna stay fancy, green and volunteer w/your name after seeing those cards swarming iRO in near future?

No1 gives a damn if HE gums rise or not, ppl who will badly want those nice MVP cards wont care about spending zeny or even real cash. ;)

Meh, that is true isn't it?

I can't get my head around people complaining about being beaten in a competition to deal the most damage to a monster. MVP cards for everyone!

And before anyone calls it : I thought the bb crap was terrible too. But it's not like everyone having MVP cards or anything will hurt the game, right? </sarcasm>
I MVPed GTB for around 5 years. I got over 3000 gtb kills. No card. So it's not that I don't symapthise with people who can't get the kills or whatever, I just don't think extra channels for more mvp cards into the game is a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users