271 replies to this topic

#126 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

Actually I'm fine with whatever they do, as long as they add lots of items to the MVP recycler. Just hoping they add banana hats, coronets, and all that other useless junk I can never get rid of.

#127 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:14 AM

Summoner should use a Reset Stone if not VIP, rather than being off limits. MVP should be a special DB variant that has its card omitted from its drop table. 'Nuff said.

#128 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

Wow, listen to all of the whining going on in this thread. I remember when there wasn't any of this MVP summoner BS. Had to go hunt them the old fashioned way.

#129 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

Wow. Just because you can't farm MVPs anymore, is everybody complaining. Oh come on, it never had this and people could still get the cards.

Oh, come on. Why not switching the MVP card on the summoner for another valuable item, like Mystical Card Album? /gg

In this case, not 0.02% drop, but 0.2%. /ok

Then people would start killing MVPs for the kill [or other drops], not for the card. And maybe for the MCA~~~~~ Devilings worth moar than most MVP cards... Even I wanting my personal Pharaoh~~~~ /rice

And... Reset Stone for one week access on Summoner? Not bad idea.

@Cerulean

hehe~~~~~ A normal drop of the card is 0.02%. If the gum is x3, and the VIP bonus is present, it makes 0.09%, not 0.08%. like it made any statistical difference /sigh

#130 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:48 AM

Why is everyone complaining about the MVP summoner thing because of Tao Gunka? If the only problem is the card being OP ... then maybe the solution would be nerfing it? I can't believe the broken logic you guys are using =/

Hope we can turn in some of the old pop items for Eden badges =)

#131 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:52 AM

Wow. Just because you can't farm MVPs anymore, is everybody complaining. Oh come on, it never had this and people could still get the cards.

Oh, come on. Why not switching the MVP card on the summoner for another valuable item, like Mystical Card Album? /gg

In this case, not 0.02% drop, but 0.2%. /ok

Then people would start killing MVPs for the kill [or other drops], not for the card. And maybe for the MCA~~~~~ Devilings worth moar than most MVP cards... Even I wanting my personal Pharaoh~~~~ /rice

And... Reset Stone for one week access on Summoner? Not bad idea.

@Cerulean

hehe~~~~~ A normal drop of the card is 0.02%. If the gum is x3, and the VIP bonus is present, it makes 0.09%, not 0.08%. like it made any statistical difference /sigh

This is wrong.

The drop of card is 0.01%-- doddler's theory is 0.01% gets added to any drop (at the end) because you can't roll under 1 with a roll of 1 to 10000, and because 0% stuff drops (extremely rarely). A card would be 0.02%, but a 0.2% item would actually be 0.21% with Doddler's theory.

My own supposition beyond this is that with VIP the card is 0.01*1.5=0.015, which is then floored to 0.01. The game tends to floor stuff outside its normal range, in the case of decimals. Gum doubles it to 0.02. so in the end it is 0.03% chance, adhering to doddler's theory. That is significantly lower than your 0.09% theory. With a 2x drop event it would be 0.05% though.

Edited by Jaye, 11 October 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#132 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

With all the complaining about MVP summoner, why don't just make it VIP + summoning item..
There, the worries about flooding MVP cards solved. ;)

#133 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

normal gum = 200% modifier
HE gum = 300% modifier

#134 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Why is everyone complaining about the MVP summoner thing because of Tao Gunka? If the only problem is the card being OP ... then maybe the solution would be nerfing it? I can't believe the broken logic you guys are using =/

Its not that.
Its just that everyone has given up on the idea that gravity would actually ever nerf obviously broken stuff people complain about, very long ago.
They can always play the dumb lazy excuse of how it would be bad for players who already play with how things are.

Edited by Charon, 11 October 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#135 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

Wow, listen to all of the whining going on in this thread. I remember when there wasn't any of this MVP summoner BS. Had to go hunt them the old fashioned way.

+1 to this one. My real question is, are people more upset that now the casual gamer has a chance at getting something great, while the hardcore gamers get "shafted?" I feel like this MVP thing is bittersweet, while I'll probably not summon something once a day per char (the lines will be too long) I did like the idea of hard work, or time put in pays off. Well I should say for overpowered things, likes MVP cards and items. I'm not saying that cards will come raining down from the sky, but KVM, MVP spawns (just the chance to get cards) at a more casual level is never really a good idea. I think the argument for all this imbalance directly correlates to the concept that overpowered things are a little easier to come by or should I say more convenient; an example:

A casual gamer who wouldn't spend the time and effort camping, or fighting over an MVP simply to make some serious zeny off a card actually ends up getting a card now because there is no competition. They then sell it to the already rich and overpowered player who becomes more overpowered and as people do they start to complain. All of a sudden there is a huge influx of topic postings about skills that are affected by this card are OP and thus begins the misleading and uninformed influx of said class being made for this skill exclusively.

While I do support everyone having equal access to compete I do not support people feeling they are entitled to having a fair shot at things that are meant to be competitive. The most dedicated, and diligent should always have the advantage.

#136 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

normal gum = 200% modifier
HE gum = 300% modifier

normal gum = 150% modifier
HE gum = 200% modifier

#137 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

gum =/= BM

There seems to be a common misconception of how Battle manuals and Gums work.

Normal Battle Manual = 150% Modifier
HE Battle Manual = 200% Modifier
x3 Battle Manual = 300% Modifier

Normal Gum = 200% Modifier
HE Gum = 300% Modifier

Edited by zr0rieu, 11 October 2011 - 08:43 AM.

#138 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Why so anxious about Tao? Should keep an eye on the recent Tao card update, status alignment changes (freeze and stone) and Dragon Breath fix on kRo. I think these will tone down the power of the card in WoE environment which I believe your main concern here.

#139 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

MOAAAAR PLZ Lol and dont desapoint me with this halloween event D and gj heim u just made ppl upset ;) buying so many items for summoning for nothing lol

#140 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Easy there duders.

B Manual

Gum

#141 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Have a feeling thread will be locked in T-minus 10 posts. I like seeing active people post but wow we get a lot of locked threads lately

#142 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

I guess its just confusing cause the ingame desc. says increases by 200% instead of just saying its set to 300%

#143 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

Gum was always believed to be 2 rolls and HE 3 rolls (even heimdallr thought this-- which justifies the misleading double desc on gum since you get 2 chances, aka double the # of chances) because items dropping 50% tended to drop 75% with a gum. 2 rolls at 50% averages 75% if you know basic statistics. And in this theory, 3 rolls at 50% (HE gum) resulted in 87.5%. This seemed like what we got. In reality its +50% for gum (50->75) and +100% for HE (50->100) but capped at 90%, which is why that 87.5% seemed legit. This became apparent after we switched to VIP system, in which the 90% cap became apparent. If I were to get 3x drops from HE gum multiplied with my VIP for 6x, and 12x with an event, I'd have not failed to get as much MVP gear as I do with bloody branches.

Edited by Jaye, 11 October 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#144 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

Why would you MVP without VIP anyway? The drop rates are worse, as is the EXP.

#145 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Wat was the last event we got for facebook likes? o:
Its over 50k

#146 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Wat was the last event we got for facebook likes? o:
Its over 50k

July 19-26 2x exp for 40k likes.

#147 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

My real question is, are people more upset that now the casual gamer has a chance at getting something great, while the hardcore gamers get "shafted?"

It amuses me (and scares at the same time!), that people actually think this summoner change favors casual, or even normal players.

It simply favors people who have a lot of dollars (=VIP accounts).

#148 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

or zeny

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Assist the RMT market

#150 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

It simply favors people who have a lot of dollars (=VIP accounts).

It also favors the people that happens to have 1 VIP account and don't have time to camp every 6 hours for an mvp. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users