OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal again

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

Meh, that is true isn't it?

I can't get my head around people complaining about being beaten in a competition to deal the most damage to a monster. MVP cards for everyone!

And before anyone calls it : I thought the bb crap was terrible too. But it's not like everyone having MVP cards or anything will hurt the game, right? </sarcasm>
I MVPed GTB for around 5 years. I got over 3000 gtb kills. No card. So it's not that I don't symapthise with people who can't get the kills or whatever, I just don't think extra channels for more mvp cards into the game is a good idea.

Yes, finally somebody also thinking how more MVP cards will make iRO like private servers. OP class + cards.

The current summoner is fine and maybe that MVP loot exchanger/recycler would be nicer than this stupid idea... /swt

Overrated cards, VIP MVP hunters are on their way! /e5

#102 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

Maintenance notes for 10/11

These are subject to change and updating. But here is the plan.

• Update the MVP summoner, to not require items, but instead requires VIP (1 per day)
  • Update the "Spooky Machine" Will give different items for the various upgrading levels.
  • Update Merry Badger to take a couple of MVP gears for Eden Merit Badge items.
There will also be new Grandpa Turnins,
Possibly an October quest (if we can get it all tested in time).
Possibly an Upgrade event where we give out significant prizes for you doing upgrades to a specific item. Think like the Red Wing Hat event of yester year.

Cant wait for USRC prize hats. /gg

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 11 October 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#103 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

Why are people complaining about it being for VIP only? The point of getting VIP is for the perks. If you want the perks, get VIP. It's not like the summoner is a requirement for anything.

So many people complain about RO doing things to make money. If RO didn't make money, there would be no RO. >_>

Some of you are blowing this out of proportion. We just had BBs + x2 drop. How is this any worse? ._.

BB's spawn random MvP's. The *New* Summoner will let you summon any MvP of your choice and all you need is ViP.

If Gms could track how many Tao/Kiel/Gun/Thanatos gets summoned each day before this change and compare it to what it will be after. I can assure you, there will be an huge increase in those Mvps being summoned from this patch onward.

pay2win just got real.....

#104 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

All I want is a fair game, but I already stopped hoping about it... ;)

#105 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Thanks so much (also from my wife) for the MVP summoner change.
It looks very promising.

#106 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

The more I think about the summoner change the more it feels a bit too giving. I am happy actually about the change but at the same time it doesn't seem right.

Almost everything now require little to no effort. Sitting in town with B> shop for summon material as stupid as it may sound is an effort! Anyway after further thinking, I believe the summon materials should stay but cut them into half since you are increasing the cool down? If you want to make it more reasonable make us redeem merry badges for summon materials at our choise. Of course, require VIP at any case.

#107 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

eden merit badge to exchange for a "universal summon item" which is character/ account bound. The binding part is necessary imo

#108 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

From what has been happening - I think this is gravity's attempt to spread the zeny across the population. Personally if I were one of the richies I would try to push back on it from the looks of the posts.

Looking at a game where more stronger items are available to more people, WOE should become more interesting as it won't rotate around a specific small list of guilds with uber powerful crap. ;) Anything can happen. Personally I see any big change as a welcome change.

#109 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

Thanks Heimdallr for this MVP summoner changes.^___^ I really appreciated. ^____^<3

#110 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

Heim please read my message to you, thanks.

#111 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

I guess OpticBlast and co didn't get the memo where currently (and ever since the summoner was back) we were able to do 2 summons per 24 hours.
If we go to 1 summon per 24 hours, that means a DECREASE in amount of potential MVP cards popping up. ;)
Conclusion: People always find something to complain about, even when there is no real logic behind it.

#112 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:46 AM

Well technically it's not as simple as that because people can't summon the awesome MVPs twice a day because they don't really have gemstones. Now everybody can summon Taos. ;)

#113 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

I guess OpticBlast and co didn't get the memo where currently (and ever since the summoner was back) we were able to do 2 summons per 24 hours.
If we go to 1 summon per 24 hours, that means a DECREASE in amount of potential MVP cards popping up. ;)
Conclusion: People always find something to complain about, even when there is no real logic behind it.

Logic? Its not about the cooldown or whatever, I'll tell you how "easy" you can just wait for 24 hrs and redo MVP-ing easily w/o investing any summoner items to it. I know the 10 hrs cooldown ever since but even you can summon 2x a day, eg; can you always provide yourself 4x of Gemstones in a day? Now, imagine you can summon that "only once a day" w/o having prob where to get Gemstones since you only need -VIP-, and note that most ppl will go for Tao and maybe also other MVPs w/over rated card. I dont care about low~mid tier MVP cards but I do care how the server will get &%$# w/all those OP cards in the future (or at least leave em as it is eating summoner items), simply saying; its not about the cooldown, its how "easy" you can pick your MVP daily w/your gums and girlfriend to get % for card... And btw, whens the next 2x drop event? Surely ppl would rush there and lets see for a week what will happen like those BBs putting em during a drop event. /e5

Logic. :p_ang:

Yes, 1st spoil everyone to get 150, then give more power to the most OP classes, RGs/RKs/Suras.

No wonder iRO keeps on dying and ppl quitting... /sigh

Edited by OpticBlast, 11 October 2011 - 03:52 AM.

#114 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

You know, just because you kill a MVP every day, doesn't mean that after 100 kills, you'll have 2 cards.
That's not how chance works.
I'll let you figure it out on your own.
TIP: I've killed/assisted kill on a little over 1000 MVPs during the BB/X2 event all of us on VIP and HE Gums and didn't see a single card drop.

People that really wanted to summon Tao twice a day, did do that, and they'll go from 2 Tao kills every day down to 1.
Just because you don't have the zeny to do it, doesn't mean that those that are after that card don't.(other than your average Joe trying to get a quick cash-in on the card)
Also other than the card, TGK drops nothing of any use, so the amount of 'average Joes' trying to quick cash won't be that high.
It won't be long until they see they use more resources to kill him, than they make in zeny, unless they DO get the TGK card.
Did I point out the drop on it is random?

I don't believe this will break the game in the ways you mention.
And if you're looking to quit the game OpticBlast, feel free to PM me, I'll make sure to give your items and zeny a good new home.

#115 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:24 AM

I know ppl who killed 3~6 times mvp and got a card and they are still new to game, you said chance are random so Id say its "LuCK" and the "PROBABILITY".

Dont wry if I quit RO, somebody with better & bigger home would get my items and zeny, and note; nothing special about my +7s since weeks ago. /no1

#116 rodi23

rodi23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:40 AM

Ah man! I'm loving this events!

Good job!

#117 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:40 AM

Ima ask you 1 question: Are gonna stay fancy, green and volunteer w/your name after seeing those cards swarming iRO in near future?

No1 gives a damn if HE gums rise or not, ppl who will badly want those nice MVP cards wont care about spending zeny or even real cash. ;)

What does being an RO-fungineer have anything to do with this? lol

If you actually see MvP cards for sale, this is where all the pay-to-winners emerge and try to bid as much as they can because some MvP cards have indeterminable prices due to their extreme rarity.

There's someone I know in Yggdrasil who owns 2 MvP cards. It's almost priceless because the base price he's asking is just way too much for the 99.9% of the Yggdrasil population can pay. Thus, he is stuck with them for a while. You should really know how MvP card market works. :p_ang:

With 300% Gum you got and saved from the lucky boxes, the max drop rate boost you can get is 0.08% for MvP cards. With double drops event, that's 0.16%. Abysmal imo.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 October 2011 - 04:52 AM.

#118 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the update notes heim. The VIP summoner should gone back to being a pure VIP thing. All the things done to make this game more of a "fair" thing just devalues the whole notion of VIP. Want to learn how VIP works? Go take a look at how american express differs from thier platinum card holders and the entry level one.

I do agree about requiring some items to summon though. Make the summoner VIP only but require an Eden merit badge to be used.

I don't agree that this game should put the haves and have nots on the same playing field. There is no pay to win, it is if you're good and leverage on the benefits paying for stuff gives you, if you suck it's just paying to look even worse when you lose.

#119 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

Maintenance notes for 10/11

These are subject to change and updating. But here is the plan.

• Update the MVP summoner, to not require items, but instead requires VIP (1 per day)
  • Update the "Spooky Machine" Will give different items for the various upgrading levels.
  • Update Merry Badger to take a couple of MVP gears for Eden Merit Badge items.
There will also be new Grandpa Turnins,
Possibly an October quest (if we can get it all tested in time).
Possibly an Upgrade event where we give out significant prizes for you doing upgrades to a specific item. Think like the Red Wing Hat event of yester year.

Wow, thank you. This actually is more fair to players but it does suck for those who stockpiled the items.

I would like to kill tao gunka once per day and it's almost never out, meaning players like me who don't have loads of MVP hunting boxes hoarded, several summoning item sets, or the time to check 3948394389 times per day, can never kill this camped mvp.

This is more fair overall.

#120 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

would like to know if non-VIP chars can still use the crystal or w/e to enter summon room as a 2ndary character.

Also keep in mind hibram, one of the most (if not the most) expensive MVP cards was basically a free summon since it required NPC items. I'm neutral on it really, I dont have the time to be running through my accounts twice a day to match the 10 hour thing, so once a day is fine for me.

I just hope they dont put it on a 23 hour timer. seriously 20 hour timer is more than sufficient to keep it to once a day while allowing flexibility. Who the heck is going to sleep for ~3 hours then get up again just to squeeze 1 extra round of MVP's a week? not to mention getting exactly 4 hours earlier each day tends to play havoc with work/school/life schedules.

Edited by Hrothmund, 11 October 2011 - 05:25 AM.

#121 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:03 AM

would like to know if non-VIP chars can still use the crystal or w/e to enter summon room as a 2ndary character.Also keep in mind hibram, one of the most (if not the most) expensive MVP cards was basically a free summon since it required NPC items. I'm neutral on it really, I dont have the time to be running through my accounts twice a day to match the 10 hour thing, so once a day is fine for me.I just hope they dont put it on a 23 hour timer. seriously 20 hour timer is more than sufficient to keep it to once a day while allowing flexibility. Who the heck is going to sleep for ~3 hours then get up again just to squeeze 1 extra round of MVP's a week? not to mention getting exactly 4 hours earlier each day tends to play havoc with work/school/life schedules.

^ +1
The 23 hour timer always bugged me a bit, making it 20 hour would be incredibly helpful.

I like this update. Gives more value to VIP. It will give a decent chance for people that cannot get any of the drops from the actual mvp to summon and attempt to kill. I've been around this game since 05, and I am by no means part of the "upper class". I never get the chance to kill mvps because they are constantly camped by the "upper class" guilds/players that have access to god items/mvp cards.

Roman

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

You know, just because you kill a MVP every day, doesn't mean that after 100 kills, you'll have 2 cards.
That's not how chance works.
I'll let you figure it out on your own.
TIP: I've killed/assisted kill on a little over 1000 MVPs during the BB/X2 event all of us on VIP and HE Gums and didn't see a single card drop.

People that really wanted to summon Tao twice a day, did do that, and they'll go from 2 Tao kills every day down to 1.
Just because you don't have the zeny to do it, doesn't mean that those that are after that card don't.(other than your average Joe trying to get a quick cash-in on the card)
Also other than the card, TGK drops nothing of any use, so the amount of 'average Joes' trying to quick cash won't be that high.
It won't be long until they see they use more resources to kill him, than they make in zeny, unless they DO get the TGK card.
Did I point out the drop on it is random?

I don't believe this will break the game in the ways you mention.
And if you're looking to quit the game OpticBlast, feel free to PM me, I'll make sure to give your items and zeny a good new home.

I've killed over 3000 gtbs and gotten no card.

But we're not talking about the people who already do it being cut in half. I'm willing to bet there is more than 2x the number of VIP accounts than gemstones available for summoning.
I already have figured out that I can do 4 taos a day now myself. More if I use other accounts I'm sure, because I have the gear etc to transfer betwen chars and make most chars I have access to cabable of killing it.
And you bet I'm not the only one planning this.

Now I reallllllly want a tao and I hate trying to get the time to kill it, but I realise it's a VERY powerful card and that the number of cards should have some kind of bottleneck. I would consider the item requirements such.

Edited by Xellie, 11 October 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#123 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

Same for turn in Gramps... does it really have to be 23 hours?
It could be as low as 21 hours and you still wouldnt be able to pull off a bonus round in a week.

#124 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

I've killed over 3000 gtbs and gotten no card.

But we're not talking about the people who already do it being cut in half. I'm willing to bet there is more than 2x the number of VIP accounts than gemstones available for summoning.
I already have figured out that I can do 4 taos a day now myself. More if I use other accounts I'm sure, because I have the gear etc to transfer betwen chars and make most chars I have access to cabable of killing it.
And you bet I'm not the only one planning this.

Now I reallllllly want a tao and I hate trying to get the time to kill it, but I realise it's a VERY powerful card and that the number of cards should have some kind of bottleneck. I would consider the item requirements such.

Greed what makes some ppl "Oh thx GMs Im totally cool w/this!" though they know for themselves, the servers gona be f#%k up when more Tao's gona pop in iRO, really what I sad idea. they should be "focusing on nerf patches" not screwing MVP stuffs. /sigh

#125 robrod

robrod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

Theres no need for a 20/23/whatever hours cooldown anyway. Just make it "once per day". For example, reset a global timer at 00:00 servertime (or ANY other time, doesnt matter), so you can do it any given time within 24h which is similar to "once per day". Sure you can do the Turn-Ins twice in literally minutes then (1 minute before/1 minute after the timer resets), but that also means you can not do for another 23h 59h which is just fine (working as intended).

If you want to make the summonerer VIP only, why don't just go for it? Why the heck is it *needed* to remove the item requirement? We all know why.

For one that hoarded and bought summonerer items in bulk and spent hundreds of mils, I am not disappointed at all about the no-item thing, cause it means I dont have to buy them anymore, lost zeny or not. What makes me wonder, why ppl like that Havroh guy things theres a thousand Taos killed now everyday with that said "1k+ vip accounts". That means everyone would have to kill the Tao in about 30 seconds, with all the delays (talking to the NPC, 1 minute cooldown after the MVP) its about 90 seconds. Thats 1920 Taos per day if you do the maths at its best.

But that's not how it goes. What really botheres me is the fact theres only 2 rooms. Everyone that camped the last summonerer event knows the rooms will be filled again. Even if non-VIP is excluded now, if that said 1k+ VIP accounts exists, it's not like 1920 Taos gets killed. A good portion will fail their MVP, another portion go for low-tier MVPs for fast zeny (= trading crap MVP Gears for EMBs? S> KVM points!), and another portion of potential Tao Killers just won't do it all all because they don't want to wait 15~30 Minutes in the waiting rooms. There goes the math to <100 Taos per day, which means 0.9 % for a card per day with HE. One Tao Card popping up in 3 Months? I'm fine with that.

If this change needs a change (heck its not even implemented yet), then please make 2 more rooms.

I especially like the vip summoner idea for the simple fact that alot of the items are impossible to get in an open market and it doesnt help some mvps are camped on in outside of the summoner.

Representive for all people posting similar POV's. All items required for MVP summoning can be bought right now (I mean before this patch note). You just didn't want to spend some time or zeny to get them. Zeny, because they might be expensive, time, because even MVPs like Taos are uncamped on Valk Server. Plus theres alot of cheap and/or NPC items, too. No offense, but if that's your point of view for this patch, then your one of the people that won't achieve anything ever anway. Vet players are no vets because they "pay-to-win" (such overdid term), primarly they win because they put effort in the first place. Sure one way to put "effort" is to spent money, but it's proven it's not the only way (I spent less then 30 bucks in WPE, but still I have several mvp cards and god items).

There's plenty (legal) ways how to get something going, but if people refuse to put any effort into anything, then sorry, your not allowed to QQ at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users