#201 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

im 99% sure that today's woe is gonna be my last woe if this summoner deal gets put in this way.

#202 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Satan Morroc isn't even alive more than 5 minutes on ygg, don't see how Tao would live any longer. Aside from the card, it really doesn't matter what of tao's stuff enters the market, though, which is the big difference, and one of the probable reasons mvps like valkyrie, morroc, beelze, etc aren't in the summoner. Now if they'd just realize artifically accelerating the presence of MVP cards for these lesser mvps can be bad, too...

#203 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

I wonder if Hiem sits at his desk ready to post a new topic and stares at the add post button and thinks. Oh god here we go.....

#204 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

I wonder if Hiem sits at his desk ready to post a new topic and stares at the add post button and thinks. Oh god here we go.....

Adding a new sticky thread is always a little:
like pushing the nuclear button

#205 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

I imagine it something like this....

#206 cesar15

cesar15

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hi... please doble exp event ;)

#207 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Adding a new sticky thread is always a little:
like pushing the nuclear button

oh men at work how you have graced us with such fine music.

I imagine it something like this....

asdf movies ftw

Im expecting to see patch notes come out like this soon
10/11 Maintenance Notes
Stuff will be done
Hiem <3

#208 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

bloody branch already screwed mvp cards why complain?

#209 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Awesome maint. So far. ;) Lookin forward to badger taking mvp items. Can't wait to find out which ones, ive been stockin up!

#210 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

What kind of community has this game's users turned into?

First the game went F2P. Most people are happy.

Then paying (VIP) gave bonuses. People who are too cheap to pay for a service they are enjoying begin QQing about how they ~*dont get as much*~ So CONSTANTLY the GMs have been catering more and more to vip and non vip alike.

NEWSFLASH.

RAGNAROK ONLINE COST 12$ A MONTH FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS. GET OVER VIP GETTING MORE SPECIAL TREATMENT THAN FREE USERS.

If you don't like it, pay for it.

I see nothing wrong with the changes. If you want a FREE MVP SUMMON pay 7$ (cheaper than ever before) to have 31+ free mvp summons. If you don't wanna shell out the 7$, clam up, get out.

Pay for a service if you want to QQ about something. If you're a free user: SIT DOWN.

--

Changes all look good. Looking forward to MVP turn in. Wish I hadn't sold some of my MVP gear and stuff XD Wanna see new TI events, too! :p_ang:

This. My god, how hard could it be to get 700 WPE in a month? My little sister already makes $20 a month doing chores and being a good girl. ;)

#211 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

Why is everyone so upset they're giving players who have VIP status... VIP privileges? A bit interesting and unfair sure but if this was any other franchise providing a service then this would be normal. What is really the difference? Is it because they dont like change?

#212 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Warp Portal wants to attract new players.

The majority of new players are used to games like WoW. Those games put preference on doing things in moderation/daily items when its suitable for you. See the move towards a daily 400 lvling quest and now this summoner.

They want to move away from the recording times for mvps that spawn every 2hrs and need to be camped for 9-10 hours to make it worth the initial investment of time to aquire the spawn. They want to move away from solo lol grinding. These are not going to attract alot of people and those that would be interested in them on Ymir or Valk server will get muscled out and give up when competing with god item players.

Warp Portal want the average joe who plays 2hrs a day to have a chance to log in do his TI and pick an mvp to try with friends. They want him to have a chance at super rares to keep him interested and to slowly improve his gears. These Things keep him coming back rather than sitting in town bored and eventually trying something else and leaving.

Sorry but if you dont get that and are more concerned that some RK is going to DBreath 1shot you thats your problem.

#213 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Why is everyone so upset they're giving players who have VIP status... VIP privileges? A bit interesting and unfair sure but if this was any other franchise providing a service then this would be normal. What is really the difference? Is it because they dont like change?

as it is now, the only way to summon tao is with a drop that only he drops at like a 30% chance, iirc. even with gum and vip its not 100% so there is never a guaranteed way to constantly summon tao. but now that's going out the window and there will be tao cards dropping almost every week, i guarantee it.

#214 eminnerick

eminnerick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Why are you people so concerned about this?
They are killing sc class all together.
Why sweat the small stuff?

#215 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

lol i say if you finish all the training ground quests you get a tao card.... only one per account. it can only be slotted into cotton shirt. and itll give you undead property HA! now have fun with your Tao you greedy greedy people.

+ if ya gots a Tao your not pro also you get no bragging rights you man/woman card is removed from play and all your friends will leave you.

#216 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

People are complaining and up in arms about this because something is going to be taken away from them that makes them feel special and elite. Unfortunately we live in a capitalist world, so wake up and smell the coffee guys.

#217 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

I think everyone is upset because these items they used to collect for these said MVP's are now low in price, and they feel gipped on something that was announced to happen when the vip summoner came out in the first place. In any case, soon merry badger will take mvp items, (assuming she will take more then JUST gear) so I find holding onto these mvp only dropped items will be a worth it thing to do.

#218 eminnerick

eminnerick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Classes getting torn apart is more important.
See a sc ever get MVP now.
Or solo to 150

#219 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

don't worry. at the current rate, we wont get those patch files till 2013, and by that time, this game will have ;)

#220 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

don't worry. at the current rate, we wont get those patch files till 2013, and by that time, this game will have ;)

....but, but, but the Mayan calendar says we only get to live till Dec 21, 2012...awwww

#221 eminnerick

eminnerick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Make a sc to 150 then get these "balances" and see if you don't quit.
Gene/suras/rks/rgs need fixes not other classes.
Buff other classes to be on par with them..

#222 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

@JAYRAD
Tao Gunka? The chance of getting an MVP card is rare. VERY VERY RARE even with the new rates. Even if a VIP player were to abuse the system by getting a free summon, the likely hood of that player getting the card on any summon is the same chance of you getting on any summon as well.

In laymen's term: The number of attempts doesn't correlate to getting more or any of a particular item.

@Fluffylovr & JAYRAD (again =P)

What else should be done? Think about it. The only things you have to do is... WoE and MVP/PVM. There really isn't anything else to do. Rather then say how exploitative the system could become, why not focus on how to create a subset, quests or playing styles of this (unique) style of game play. It's at a certain point where we do nothing but say how unfair something is, but we never address the problem of the lack of original choice in what a play has to do when they log on.

Spoiler

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 11 October 2011 - 02:31 PM.

#223 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

I think heim has serious guts posting patch notes, so many people rage at him. I think the only way there will be a happy patch note is if he says "X3 Drop/exp this week". Won't happen, stop asking! lol.

#224 eminnerick

eminnerick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Just because Korean players on kro are so legit and need the nerf because they all have 150's don't mean we néed them.

#225 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

I think the only way there will be a happy patch note is if he says "X3 Drop/exp this week".

Wait. You think people won't rage about 3x rates? There is no such thing as a rageless patch note for iRO. Ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users