Post-Balance Genetic Guide - Page 5 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

Post-Balance Genetic Guide

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#101 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

ive used it with instant cast and 193 aspd in a test scenario and instant cast in siege where id get like 180ish aspd... it was noticable in how many i could put down in a set time

but what i mean with that is, the genetic doesnt make an animation when using instant hell plant.. but the client still thinks those frames are playin, delaying your attack speed

Edited by Astraeos, 23 May 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#102 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

glorious rapier is prolly the best... high plus hf is gonna yield the highest dmg... but for obvious reasons ur gonan find urself at a disadvantage dmg wise... glorious rapier and 3x kingbird elemental have very similiar dmgs at 8~10... but 11 and higher... its very noticable the the rapier is better...

it really depends lol... cze "best" is really dependent on how much you wanna spend and what your bombing

If this G. Rapier is +12-ed, am I doin the right math?
Posted Image
int+6/+12(from upgrade)+5(from +9 bonus)=+23 INT?

#103 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

yea its +23 int... for bombing in siege it does a lil less then a +12 3x as elemental sword, but does alot less then kvm mace... my +13 double lib carga does more then it does on mvps too... in the end not worth the investment

i should change that... never editted the more wally parts

edit2: as an added part for anyone else reading this.... this guide was once for prebalance, so the older posts may be wrong or misleading... the front page is up to date tho... otherwise just ask and ill clear up anything i can

Edited by Astraeos, 22 June 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#104 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

Can u suggest me a good weap for hellplant and thorn wall (or infos on how to boost its dmg more), coz they are cheaper since my guild supplies it for me, and im using 3x AS red sieger, still 600 away for a KVM mace too. :p_laugh:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 June 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#105 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

anything with a high refine and attack works really well with thorn wall, as its damage is purely based off your attack, % cards dont change its damage... i used to kill tons of people with it on chaser with a +9 ck... AS might increase damage cze thorn wall is long range, but not sure as ive never tested this and experience with the mechanics says otherwise

as for hell plant, 1 int = +107 dmg before reduction, +23 int is +2461 dmg and -4.3% variable cast... not worth the investment imo... and ints the only way to increase damage, but dex increases the dps

#106 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

If this G. Rapier is +12-ed, am I doin the right math?
Posted Image
int+6/+12(from upgrade)+5(from +9 bonus)=+23 INT?

My +12 glorious rapeir only gives me 18 INT... I'd have to say the desc,. you are using is wrong. irowiki's is right. http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/13417/

#107 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

I'm damn nub to genes so i wanted to say thanks, Astraeos. I know you got a few mistakes but your guide definitely got me pointed in the right direction and your overall advice is superior to what others have offered.

#108 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

My +12 glorious rapeir only gives me 18 INT... I'd have to say the desc,. you are using is wrong. irowiki's is right. http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/13417/

I was using the other one to calc with, meaning its even lower then I thought lol... But does mean the damage is a bit higher then I was thinking for acid bomb, but it should all still be relatively the same with or without the matk.... thank you for pointing that out

I'm damn nub to genes so i wanted to say thanks, Astraeos. I know you got a few mistakes but your guide definitely got me pointed in the right direction and your overall advice is superior to what others have offered.

lol thanks, glad it helped... if you guys find anything that needs clarification and what not lemme know

#109 Travieso

Travieso

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

About your Woe Gen build. waaaaaaay to much str. AB in a good Woe scene is almost useless, because youll be spamming hell plant, mandragora, and crazy vines. all of which are more important. 40-50 str max for max weight, get 110 dex, 100-110 int, at least 100vit, throw some into luk for status resist (including mandragora, its a b****)

#110 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

thanks for the guide it was awesome for new ppl to the class. just a question, how about hybrid woe/mvp build? the post above me suggested only 40-50 str which i would assume is pure woe .. so if i want to go for woe as well as mvp, would 100 str be too high?

and about luk would it be better to get some luk for mandragora resist as well?

#111 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

the build i put for woe build is all inclusive... it does everything

what he suggested wasnt bad... it pulls from stats alot and genetics arent front line so you shouldnt be gettin howled often... the guide says 100 str total so 85+1+4+10 would be enough damage for mvping with it as well as siege as a secondary damage dealer, while still doing everything he suggested... the only thing is his build leaves him alot more suspectible to masq

as for luk against howling... its a 75% chance then every 5 luk and vit reduce it by 1%... it can quickly pull stats around that could be used otherwise... its a matter of opinion if its really that big of a deal in your respective woe scene... i honestly dont notice it that often with the 2 second fixed cast and 30 sec cooldown... but ill look into it more before saying things are one way or the other after i calc out masq dif

Edited by Astraeos, 24 June 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#112 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

i thought agi resists masq? so str for acid bomb dmg, vit for surviving, int for CC and hell plant, dex for cast times. and i read that thorn wall is only based on WAtk so basically for a "pure" woe genetic the only impt stat is vit?

oh and is the list of weapons only applicable to +12 or is it the same for +4/+7?

sorry for loads of questions. just started reading on genetic and might have been confused with infos on other threads =X

#113 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

at +7 its more or less the same for acid bomb... naghts better for leveling (cc damage), hurricane fury will do the most damage for both

str for any damage skills
vit for resists... the health is really a bonus as fully geared you only get about 100 hp per vit
int for cc and cast times... for hell plant its only 107 dmg per int before reductions
dex is the most important stat on a genetic as everything cept mandragora is 100% variable cast

and yes thorn wall is only watk...
alotta things resist masq, agi is the greatest determining factor tho, then weight then luk...

feel free to ask away...

#114 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

why is naught only better for levelling? the 3 AS cards increase AB damage as well right?

oh yeah, uhm just reconfirming. so does kingbird increases CC damage? cause on the first page u said that AS card only affect AB damage and not CC and the other thread (cart cannon sucky dmg) someone mentioned that it does affect it or is that pre-balance?

thanks again :D

Edited by celestience, 25 June 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#115 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

About your Woe Gen build. waaaaaaay to much str. AB in a good Woe scene is almost useless, because youll be spamming hell plant, mandragora, and crazy vines. all of which are more important. 40-50 str max for max weight, get 110 dex, 100-110 int, at least 100vit, throw some into luk for status resist (including mandragora, its a b****)

sacrament+magic strings acid bomb is better dps than hell plant if you don't have pretty much near instant cast on the hell's plant (and high aspd).

My gene has 90ish base str and when I duel a LUK gene I always win. The howling resist from LUK may be worth it if you are more interested in putting a dipping bird on your own howling key and then going afk, instead of fighting in woe. I mean, its a half support half fighting class, so you could go either way and be useful to your allies. If you wanna go full support gene its fine, but don't expect to kill anyone worthwhile without a mjolnir or beelzebub card. Which for servers away from Ymir, is really rare.

Edited by Jaye, 26 June 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#116 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

why is naught only better for levelling? the 3 AS cards increase AB damage as well right?

oh yeah, uhm just reconfirming. so does kingbird increases CC damage? cause on the first page u said that AS card only affect AB damage and not CC and the other thread (cart cannon sucky dmg) someone mentioned that it does affect it or is that pre-balance?

thanks again :D

yea naght is better for leveling cze as increases both cc and ab, has higher atk, lv4 weapon, chance to ignore defense.
and ill check the first page... i thought i had fixed that (good chance i hide it from my dylexic ass lol)... cze prebalance it didnt, but it does now

edit: I just went and tested what applies on CC and confirmed bryn, moh and as all work... didnt test radial modifiers as i have nothing to compare it against as well as updated the front page

as for naght vs elemental in regards to acid bomb... elemental has weapon matk which makes up a good portion of damage for acid bomb...

sacrament+magic strings acid bomb is better dps than hell plant if you don't have pretty much near instant cast on the hell's plant (and high aspd).

My gene has 90ish base str and when I duel a LUK gene I always win. The howling resist from LUK may be worth it if you are more interested in putting a dipping bird on your own howling key and then going afk, instead of fighting in woe. I mean, its a half support half fighting class, so you could go either way and be useful to your allies. If you wanna go full support gene its fine, but don't expect to kill anyone worthwhile without a mjolnir or beelzebub card. Which for servers away from Ymir, is really rare.

thats what i was thinkin in regards to usefulness without throwing god items into the mix... hell plants kinda slow and does like 8k dmg in siege now... i might add something for utility woe genetic and note that the damage output is low... i havent calced the resistances yet (moving left over points around str/agi/luk), but what i have calced is that with same items and skill build i can do everything and more then a utility gen on a str genetic... the gap is more appearent when i use god items as well

Edited by Astraeos, 26 June 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#117 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

Hell plant is like ~10k in woe and acid bomb is like 13~14k. If you have sacrament and strings, you can belt out 2 acid bombs per second (27k/sec). If you have instant cast (or near it) and high aspd you can throw out about 3 hell plant's second (30k/sec). But if you have no dex foods or mjol, or beelze card, you will be lucky to throw 3 hell plants every 2 seconds (or worse) topping out around 15k/sec dps. A high amount of dex (+20 foods come to mind) plus strings and you can throw out the fast hell plants too. But if I have strings and sacra, I'd rather bomb... as hell plant requires an immobile target, and acid bomb does not.

So unless you can get the cast time of hell plant to be negligible, and have enough aspd to throw out more than 2 hell plant/sec (need like 183 aspd), acid bomb is better dps. (unless the enemy has low VIT. but who has low VIT on a 150/50 3rd job?)

If you don't have sacrament or magic strings, your best DPS (aside from thorn wall) is back to hell's plant (recommending +20 dex food here...)

Level 10 Crazy Vines is pretty nice in WoE in some instances too, as it does ~7k in an AoE if you're lucky (earth element so it unhides people, trashes magnetic earth, traps, and other stuff too).

as for naght vs elemental in regards to acid bomb... elemental has weapon matk which makes up a good portion of damage for acid bomb...

At +12, both nacht and glorious morningstar do more damage than an elemental sword.

Edited by Jaye, 26 June 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#118 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

how much difference will 10 atk (blue and red twins) do for acid bomb? was thinking of getting an blue twin slotted with AS card temporarily cause AK cards costs alot =/

#119 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

AK cards are dumb. use archer skeleton.

#120 MiNyuu

MiNyuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi !

Renewal on fRO since tuesday...

I want to play my genetic...
I search a WoE build so I would like advice.

~100 Vit/int/dex, 80~ str is a performant build ?

I would like to use Crazy Vines and AB. Godly items are rare on my server (fRO), so I won't have Mjolnir/Brisin/etc.

I thank you.

Edited by MiNyuu, 30 June 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#121 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

base stats lookin something like this..
96 vit
100~105 int
100~105 dex
80~95 str
rest in agi or luk

standard woe build mandragora howling and crazy vines with cc to level with lookin something like
http://irowiki.org/~...qsrdaXafqBadIn1

Edited by Astraeos, 30 June 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#122 MiNyuu

MiNyuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks !

I would like Jaye's opinion, her posts are relevant :3

#123 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

The skill build astraeos posted is fine.

I haven't tested a LUK build so I can't vouch for it.

My own gene is
str 92
agi 1
vit 103
int 105
dex 100
luk 1

I do a pretty mean acid bomb.

#124 MiNyuu

MiNyuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

And you use Crazy Vines ?

In which order should I raise stats ? (Max one stat and skill another or raise all stats equally ?)

Edited by MiNyuu, 01 July 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#125 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

I use crazy vines to trash magnetic earth, unhide chasers/gxes/hideclippers, and sometimes to damage a lot of people in an AoE

STR -> INT -> DEX -> VIT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users