It would be nice if ales healed less and less if used continuously. :3

#477 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

If people are going to get this antsy over changes that are necessary for eventual rebalancing... we are in a whole heap of trouble.

I'm beginning to hope the GMs will take their gloves off and start moving regardless community feedback as generally people are showing they're incapable of offering opinions that are conductive to a balanced multiplayer experience (this is the most important thing here; not people's sense of ownership or entitlement).

Edited by Nombus, 08 November 2011 - 05:23 AM.

#478 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

If people are going to get this antsy over changes that are necessary for eventual rebalancing... we are in a whole heap of trouble.

I'm beginning to hope the GMs will take their gloves off and start moving regardless community feedback as generally people are showing they're incapable of offering opinions that are conductive to a balanced multiplayer experience (this is the most important thing here; not people's sense of ownership or entitlement).

Re-balancing does not equal to ignore opinions screwing players over. There have been opinions on how could this excess of ales and botting/abuse and recovery item problem could be addressed without harming the players too much... hopefully all of them are considered. Because sincerely, if after the several pages of this thread our GMs decision is to just increase ale weight and make them account bound like they said a week ago, I'll be really disappointed...

#479 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:18 AM

Rebalancing often requires ignoring the general stream of player complaints. Too often people get used to certain situations and will defend keeping them despite agreeing that it was a mistaken implementation to begin with (we're bound to see a ton of flack from the character rebalancing that wouldn't happen if the problems were not introduced in the first place). If we cannot allow them to to take full necessary step to rectify this, you'll find not just current players are dissatisfied with the results that were affected by the actual event, but every player that ever comes into the game in the future.

I hope for a solution that will rectify this permanently rather than a partial fix done only to satisfy certain current players to have a in game interest in the form of items. This is how all solutions should be looked at in the gaming industry as there long term consequence to the quality of gameplay. Yes, some of the ideas have been good, but even with what is basically needed (less carried and a limitation to make it so that people cannot recovery HP endlessly unless disabled and 1HKOed), these items have become so overabundant even just from the initial event they will continue to affect gameplay heavily in ways that were never intended.

Edited by Nombus, 08 November 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#480 dragonmaster731

dragonmaster731

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

For re-balancing I would agree, but some of the changes isn't about re-balancing. It is to help with a problem with ales being botted. How is account bound ales going to help with re-balancing? That will just make the character that has them much stronger and the one that does not weaker. How is disabling vending the ale be balancing the game?

Doing something and labeling as another is just an excuse that no one is going to stand for.

#481 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

potion efficiency was never renewed in renewal, end of thread.

#482 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

It would be nice if ales healed less and less if used continuously. :3

This. You should receive 25% lesser effect if you use another Ale within 1 minute.

#483 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

:mellow:

#484 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

I don't know if Heim checks his messages on this forum very often, but as he has possibly not had the chance to read or respond to my letter via PM I decided to post it here as well.

Dear Heimdallr,

I have the following modest requests:

• Can you please respond to the questions and concerns raised by players in the "Green Ales and why so angry" thread?
    • You started it, responded early on, and have since dropped off the radar...and it is now 20 pages long. Surely, that alone warrants your attention?
  • What (if any) decision do you plan to enact on Green Ales...and when (this coming maintenance, next week, etc.)?
    • Many players (myself included) are confused as to what the fate of Green Ales is to be at this point.
  • Can you please post a breakdown [per server] of the percentage of green ales obtained during the March Event compared to the percentage obtained after the event through, let's say a week or two ago?
    • I know very little about the specific database structure RO employs, but I'm fairly certain creation date time-stamps must be included. Surely the RO database has 'sort' and 'filter' capabilities?
    • You owe it to the player-base (your customers) to provide hard evidence (numbers and figures) of why you're taking actions that will be so detrimental.
Based on your initial post (and the few succeeding it), I am concerned that you are being o'er-hasty to punish a (presumably) few people--to the detriment of all. I happened to be present for the March Ale event. I even created a male bard on a separate account so that I could farm coins more efficiently. 99% of the 1.8k ales I have left are from that specific event, and I was saving them while slowly selling them off to make a profit (based on the previous year's price curve on ales). And now, due to uncertainty over how they'll be nerfed, the market priced has dropped by over 50%. Why are you punishing those of us who put the time into legitimately farming coins and ales? It really seems you jumped into this one with both feet, Heim. Please prove me wrong.

I apologize for being angry, but here's the thing: we, as iRO players, have always had to deal with terrible service and treatment from Gravity [Korea] and the last thing we need is for our regional representatives--who should be looking out for our best interests--to start crapping on us as well.

Regards,

<omitted>

#485 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

best thing about this thread is the title. Should really be:

Green Ales and why so angry? Post here if you have an opinion on the Green Ales (not that we will actually read or respond them, why would we need to? We have the Fun-gineers for such important issues!)

:mellow:

#486 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

I like how everyone's selling their "Last Time" botted green ales in Eden.
Lol.

And I agree with you. It's causing problems, it needs to go.

Edited by Okii, 08 November 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#487 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

I like how everyone's selling their "Last Time" botted green ales in Eden.
Lol.

My friend and I are selling our 'last time' ales at the moment too. That's quite an accusation that they are botted. They were farmed from the event and we still have a few thousand left. Oh wait, you don't remember it as you were not yet playing RO at that time. Why don't you do your self a favor and STFU Okii before you make your self look any more stupid?

#488 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

My friend and I are selling our 'last time' ales at the moment too. That's quite an accusation that they are botted. They were farmed from the event and we still have a few thousand left. Oh wait, you don't remember it as you were not yet playing RO at that time. Why don't you do your self a favor and STFU Okii before you make your self look any more stupid?

Uh oh more threads for the archive monster nom nom nom

#489 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

sif close it and move to archives Oda, before there has been a proper responce from the GMs

Edited by lainee, 08 November 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#490 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

Or you could snip the offending posts. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users