Lets Rethink Green Ales - Page 11 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Lets Rethink Green Ales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Ale should be changed to : (379 member(s) have cast votes)

Ale should be changed to :

1. Ales become 100% account bound on the 15th and a trade in event happens. (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

2. Trade in happens, and on December 6 date all remaining ales disappear (40 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

3. Ales have strict timers put on them everywhere and we just let em sit as is. (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

4. Ales over next few weeks lose heal/sp efficiency (10%) until 0% and then deleted. Tradeins during those weeks (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

5. current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable (118 votes [35.76%])

Percentage of vote: 35.76%

6. Account bound, and done. (44 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

7. Account bound, and timer now and done (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

St Pat's Hat

1. Effect stopped to March with account bind. (50 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

2. Effect stopped but tradable. (69 votes [20.91%])

Percentage of vote: 20.91%

3. Effect remain, but remain account bind. (111 votes [33.64%])

Percentage of vote: 33.64%

4. Effect remain and open trade. (100 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

Vote

#251 Miehkcuf

Miehkcuf

I am New.

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

The following will be changed with the next maintenance:

St. Patrick's Hat
-Will be losing it's effect

Green Ales
-Changed to 10% restoration
-Cooldown removed
-Weight set to 5
-Can be traded and vended
-You will still be able to trade in the ales

Congrats Gravity!!!!!
Thank you sosososo much for:
-completely ignoring the poll results! WIN
-giving us crapper green ales with every change! WIN
-turning ales into slim whites! WIN
-screwing your entire player base! WIN
-pissing even mefistoes off!!! EPIC WIN

Troll company of the year goes to.....Gravity! Congratulations!

#252 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Things you learn from this thread

• This game punishes legit people because of botters
  • Don't stock up any items on this game
  • If you do so anyway, you are rich anyway and don't deserve compensation
  • Don't use any HE gum when you hunt because you might lose over 4/5 the value of the items because of bots
  • Hunting items only pays off when you bot
  • The GMs are unable to bann you when you bot certain items
  • If you hunt a certain amount of items legit by yourself, you are either a botter or a rich ass
  • WoE without Green Ale will be 1000x funnier and balanced, because it's true

Non-ale related

• You can become a fungineer by yelling to a GM in caps
  • Mefistofeles is the new Cydra, but even less funny
  • Fungineers influence GMs
  • Fungineers have no say
  • Heimdallr makes the decisions
  • Heimdallr goes back from the decisions
  • Heimdallr then makes new decisions
  • Forum votings are a farce
  • People know votings are a farce but still vote
  • GMs know people know votings are a farce but still do votings
  • People know GMs know that people know that votings are a farce but still think their opinions matter
to be continued :D

#253 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Congrats Gravity!!!!!
Thank you sosososo much for:
-completely ignoring the poll results! WIN
-giving us crapper green ales with every change! WIN
-turning ales into slim whites! WIN
-screwing your entire player base! WIN
-pissing even mefistoes off!!! EPIC WIN

Troll company of the year goes to.....Gravity! Congratulations!

One of the list isn't so bad. :D

#254 lrresponsible

lrresponsible

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

I don't understand one thing.

Why will everyone quit if ales get nerfed? I know nobody wants to die in WOE/MVP, but isn't this too much?

It runs deeper than that: dying more in woe/mvp is barely even the tip of the iceberg. What this incident says to me is that the GMs do not care about the community and that they can't be trusted. They say one thing one week (account binding the ales, possible weight increase), so people stock up to prepare for that. Then out of nowhere and without warning, they turn ales into crap by adding a huge 10 second reuse cooldown. And now they completely disregard the poll results and change the ales again (10% hp/sp regen). This incident is a huge slap in the face to all the legitimate players who invested a lot of time, zeny, and sometimes even money into obtaining these ales, whether they farmed them during the St. Patrick's day event, or bought them up at a later time when prices rose substantially. Why would anyone want to stick around in a game where they don't know if they can trust the GMs not to screw them over royally again?

Edited by lrresponsible, 11 November 2011 - 04:00 PM.

#255 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

WOW... First we get a poll to vote on what we want to be done on with the ales. Next, we get some F'ed up trade in rates! Now we get a super lowered healing rate, st pattys hat effects are disabled. Whats next? All of our +9 hats and gears gets turned into a pure sh!t? This seems like a royal screw job x10! Everyone that invested in ales now get a totally screwed. Way to go to piss off people!
What is the f'ing purpose of the polls if the GM's are not gonna listen to their customers? I feel like this is a experiment of testing the effects of negative reinforcement where they take away the ales and see how pissed off people can get before they leave.

Edited by Moogle, 11 November 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#256 dragonmaster731

dragonmaster731

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

Unfortunately, the farming of ales with bots or exploits hasn't stopped with the changes that have been implemented so far. Either we could address the root cause of the abuse, or we would have to continually fix things around the edges of the problem to stop it. Either decision would cause a good deal of controversy, but it is something that must be dealt with.

The following will be changed with the next maintenance:

St. Patrick's Hat
-Will be losing it's effect

This fixes the bot problem of ales and ales only. It does not fix the bot problem.
root = bot ... not botting of ale.
They'll just change from botting ale to another thing like seed, berry, blank card, and etc.....
Never the less this will help with botting ale for sure.

Green Ales
-Changed to 10% restoration
-Cooldown removed
-Weight set to 5
-Can be traded and vended
-You will still be able to trade in the ales

How would this fix bot ale or botting problem? 0.o
more like...

Unfortunately, the farming of ales with bots or exploits hasn't stopped with the changes that have been implemented so far. Either we could address the root cause of the abuse, or we would have to continually fix things around the edges of the problem to stop it. Either decision would cause a good deal of controversy, but it is something that must be dealt with.

I am not sure what you guys want to do by changing this. The only reason I see you guys doing this is to get rid/lower the amount of ale that is on the server. This makes all the efforts, money, and/or zenys worthless, not the bot. This affects the bot the less amount because, they didn't spend hours farming, buying gums, and zeny on the ale.

One thing for sure is, this does basically nothing to the bots. It'll just force the demand for ale down and forces the bot to farm another item, but wait, didn't disabling the hat already did the job?
I don't mind the cooldown but 10% seriously? The trade in value for the ale is a joke!

#257 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

I still say cooldown instead of lowering their % recovery. I really like the item cooldown idea and it should be implemented on a lot more things. Reasonably.

#258 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

It runs deeper than that: dying more in woe/mvp is barely even the tip of the iceberg. What this incident says to me is that the GMs do not care about the community and that they can't be trusted. They say one thing one week (account binding the ales, possible weight increase), so people stock up to prepare for that. Then out of nowhere and without warning, they turn ales into crap by adding a huge 10 second reuse cooldown. And now they completely disregard the poll results and change the ales again (10% hp/sp regen). This incident is a huge slap in the face to all the legitimate players who invested a lot of time, zeny, and sometimes even money into obtaining these ales, whether they farmed them during the St. Patrick's day event, or bought them up at a later time when prices rose substantially. Why would anyone want to stick around in a game where they don't know if they can trust the GMs not to screw them over royally again?

This. Everything that happened recently was a (heavy) blow to the legit players. What happened actually made me lose interest in the game and in ever buying any WPE. sigh

#259 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

So what is the compensation going to be for St. Patrick's Day Hats (+7 or otherwise)? Sure, it looks cute, but you're in serious bait-and-switch territory right now since it was sold with effects that enticed people to blow enriched elu and/or headgear certs on it in order to gain the effect.

Will it drop Korean Rice Cakes now? Are you going to nerf Garuda Helms now, too, because mastela fruit can be exploited in much the same way as green ale? Posted Image

Edited by Hinkypunk, 11 November 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#260 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

The GMs doenst play a game called "Ragnarok Online" actually im sure that all of this gms have a boss, and i will start to look how to report then, this changes are just stupid.

The cooldown was fine(the 50% and 100% healing items are for extreme bad moment, and not to spam then)
The account bound was fine

Now..... turning off the hat effect? kill the bot ale problem, does not kill the BOT problem

Any refund to the people that used enriched oris to upgrade their hats?

what was the use of the Poll?

#261 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

The GMs doenst play a game called "Ragnarok Online" actually im sure that all of this gms have a boss, and i will start to look how to report then, this changes are just stupid.

The cooldown was fine(the 50% and 100% healing items are for extreme bad moment, and not to spam then)
The account bound was fine

Now..... turning off the hat effect? kill the bot ale problem, does not kill the BOT problem

Any refund to the people that used enriched oris to upgrade their hats?

what was the use of the Poll?

Hi Mef.

#262 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

LOL, I gotta say Oda has a good sense of humor

#263 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hi Mef.

HI !!!! 1 question.... the restriction to make new account in forums its just for me? becouse its kind anoying for new players...

#264 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

A cool down was enough for the pvp balance this is a little over kill but at least something is being done. :D

#265 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

The bottom line is...

No matter what Gravity does, you will never be happy.

---

I suggested the Healing rate to go down to 10% ~ 25% and the cooldown be removed. Why? Because it increases how many
Ales are being spammed. Instead of 2 per full HP bar, you have to use 10 now. And it's not even that hard to use 10 of them.
They wanted to decrease the amount of Ales in the system, so that would be the most legitimate way to do it, I'm glad they took
notice and listened.

On the other hand, after Ales are nearly gone from the system, they could always bring the healing rate back up.

HI !!!! 1 question.... the restriction to make new account in forums its just for me? becouse its kind anoying for new players...

You don't make a new forum account. Your forum account is linked to your Warpportal account.

Edited by Rukario, 11 November 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#266 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

is there a fungineer group for custom iro balances for woe?

#267 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

in fact i could keep troling here, and you guys again make the same warning "bla bla bla we will ban you and your game account" but if my game account its not related to my e-mail forum user? and vice-versa? becouse i could make a forum user with the name of a char in game... like "~`Mhike~" http://ropd.info/?na...el&dir=desc&s=3 start messing up, getting baned will ban him to? just sayin*

#268 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

in fact i could keep troling here, and you guys again make the same warning "bla bla bla we will ban you and your game account" but if my game account its not related to my e-mail forum user? and vice-versa? becouse i could make a forum user with the name of a char in game... like "~`Mhike~" http://ropd.info/?na...el&dir=desc&s=3 start messing up, getting baned will ban him to? just sayin*

If you continue to troll and spam forum areas, I'm sure they will take the liberty of banning one of your computer IDs.

#269 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

You don't make a new forum account. Your forum account is linked to your Warpportal account.[/size]

but this account its not related to the char?

#270 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Sincerely, what's the point of making a poll if then again, you're gonna do whatever you want ignoring your customers regardless? Might as well say "Sorry, you're screwed no matter what!" from start instead. The results were reasonable, but as always, useless to even try.

#271 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

but this account its not related to the char?

Banning a forum account does not ban your character in-game. You have to do something in-game to get banned in-game.

But I'm sure if you do something serious against the company, your permission to access anything will be removed...

Sincerely, what's the point of making a poll if then again, you're gonna do whatever you want ignoring your customers regardless? Might as well say "Sorry, you're screwed no matter what!" from start instead. The results were reasonable, but as always, useless to even try.

Point being, to get a rationalization of what the majority of the forum community would like to see as a main fix.

There was nothing that said the poll suggestions would be a guarantee, only "what we would like to see."

Edited by Rukario, 11 November 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#272 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

just its kind sad..... but at least they give a trade in change(wich doenst worth) :D

#273 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Now I am really thinking.

Did they made a poll to check the opinion of the community, then chose a combination of the least voted choices, just to blow the community up?

20, 25 or 30% maybe would be a little more reasonable for the ales heal amount. 10% makes pumpkin pies seem even better to heal.

Disabled hat should be temporally, and after the amount of ales decrease by 75% via tradeins or consumption, the hat could be activated again with halved rates.

is there a fungineer group for custom iro balances for woe?

No. Any player is able to propose changes I believe.

We barely talk about woe because it is pointless. I would fail because the only thing on my head is numbers. If you check the funginners list, a lower number than 20% of them are active WOE players.

Edited by asayuu, 11 November 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#274 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

By eliminating the effects of the hat will solve some of the abuse of that hat. But, making ales heal for 10% and have a cooldown time is just stupid. Ales will eventually run out with the effects of the hats gone. So, why are we still being punished with this stupid 10% healing with a cooldown time. Are the gm's just trying to piss people off?!?!?!?!?

#275 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Banning a forum account does not ban your character in-game. You have to do something in-game to get banned in-game.

But I'm sure if you do something serious against the company, your permission to access anything will be removed...

Point being, to get a rationalization of what the majority of the forum community would like to see as a main fix.

how much can be serious? my last comment can ban my account of almost 4 years where i spent like 2000 pesos?(its like 180 dollars wich hurts a looooot to non-USA rich people) becouse they warned me for that the last time.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users