Sakray: 14.1 + Skill balance [Now Open!] - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 13 votes

Sakray: 14.1 + Skill balance [Now Open!]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
204 replies to this topic

#51 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Actually, they had to ask for approval on changing the job exp table, and were declined.

But HALVING base exp for 1-70 and 1st class job 1-50 was fine for a month :)

Why would they decline it?
It's not like the game would break if people gained jobs faster. Job manuals prove it. They got in game didn't break.

Maybe they asked in a way that sounded like a joke. Seriously idk, there is no reason why they would NOT want iRO to adjust job exp as they want.

Why do they need approval for such minor things that dont affect the game balance or anything they could (or rather should) care about, when fRO and the like implement pserver maps, hold game breaking and stupid events once in a time or add an npc that basically gives you levels for cash and many other crazy things I cannot imagine kro would ever approve..

#52 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

This is just a speculation on my part, but I believe that the proposal to reduce the EXP requirement was rejected because it was not appealing for kRO developers. While reducing the table may have positive impact in the short term, it would have a negative impact in business. Job manuals were introduced to address the job exp table issue to a certain extent while generating certain revenue from the kafra shop item.

iRO is infamous (to kRO) for making custom changes. Such example is the sunglass[1] event fiasco that pretty much pissed off kRO developers. iRO may be exercising caution on making similar changes (not necessarily related to this change, but nonetheless changes that kRO may oppose) to ensure that their business relationship with kRO remains healthy.

#53 iKazukii

iKazukii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Server:Valkyrie/Ymir

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

I cant connect. I dl the sakray server on irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches. IS there another Sakray to DL or is it still down?

#54 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

This is just a speculation on my part, but I believe that the proposal to reduce the EXP requirement was rejected because it was not appealing for kRO developers. While reducing the table may have positive impact in the short term, it would have a negative impact in business. Job manuals were introduced to address the job exp table issue to a certain extent while generating certain revenue from the kafra shop item.

Talk Mr.Mod,whats wrong with the Sakray =o?

Edited by ZeoKenX, 10 November 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#55 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Patcher: Sakray is being Transitioned to 14.1, and won't be available for a while until complete. Thursday 11am PST Heimdallr

Just have some patience, people.

#56 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

I shall do a SC. Must prepare my actual chaser for these changes :)

Edit: I have to download sakray right, or will it pop up on my servers choices automatically?

Edited by Soulkyoko, 10 November 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#57 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Edit: I have to download sakray right, or will it pop up on my servers choices automatically?

You need to download the Sakray client and install it in a separate folder from your main RO client.

#58 iKazukii

iKazukii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Patcher: Sakray is being Transitioned to 14.1, and won't be available for a while until complete. Thursday 11am PST Heimdallr

Just have some patience, people.

Its 1:02pm right now PST... stil cant log. =\ Yes Thursday as well. On the 10th of November. On the year of 2011.

#59 Seraphiel

Seraphiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

In MMO world it's all about money. Less grinding means less money, and we have to live with that. No wonder kRO didn't approve of the new job exp idea.
RO is already an old game; there are tons of private servers, some of them have population "online" equal to iRO; some of them even offer things official ones don't; so GravityKR wants to squeeze as much money as they can while it's still possible.
And I'm not saying that RO is bad, or that new MMOs are better, but there are so many more ways to improve the game. RO lacks end-game content, we don't have much choice but to WoE. BGs are non-existent, people are farming them in groups, PvP arenas are also Guild/Party vs 1. There is no PK system. In the end, there is no real PvP in RO. iRO and other servers are intentionally passing on a part of clients and money. Other MMOs, newer and older, like Aion, Rohan, WoW, Luna, Silkroad, L2, etc. might not have as much content or variety as RO but they all have real PvP where you can leave a town and start killing other players. What's the fun in playing against AI? Single-player games are for that. RO is PvE centered, mainly killing thousands and thousands of monsters. When a potential new player sees that, he doesn't bother with even trying the game out, or joins a private server which offers what he is looking for.
It seems RO is still in 2002, while other MMOs change constantly and offer new features to cater to different audience.
I believe there could be an official server with PvP setting, and a PvP oriented kafra shop. It all doesn't have to be about PvE and grinding. Gravity, please wake up!

Edited by Seraphiel, 10 November 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#60 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Its 1:02pm right now PST... stil cant log. =\ Yes Thursday as well. On the 10th of November. On the year of 2011.

It's been two hours since that was posted, so it'll probably be several more before it's finished.

#61 iKazukii

iKazukii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Oh wtballz, I didn't realize Forum time is that off >_> but ok. GOt cha :);;

#62 yabret3

yabret3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

i want sakray up! :)

#63 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Sakray is still undergoing maintenance to fix the problems that screws with the VIP system and 14.1

#64 Orath

Orath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:16 AM

Can u give us an progress update and maybe a time that maintenance will be over on Sakray?

#65 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

#66 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

I think you should stop giving us short-term time estimates for Sakray. Wednesday night, it said "Thursday at 11 AM". Now it says "Will be up Friday." What'll it say tomorrow? Sunday?

Just make it ambiguous and update the web page or a social media when it's done. Don't leave these people on the edges of their seats like that.

#67 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

I think you should stop giving us short-term time estimates for Sakray. Wednesday night, it said "Thursday at 11 AM". Now it says "Will be up Friday." What'll it say tomorrow? Sunday?

Just make it ambiguous and update the web page or a social media when it's done. Don't leave these people on the edges of their seats like that.

They haven't said "what" friday haven't they? perhaps it's next week's friday? or next month's friday...

#68 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

so it says on the patcher the problem is a db problem?

#69 yabret3

yabret3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

taken a long time to fix the DB issue :D

#70 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Still down? Any updates on this?

#71 yabret3

yabret3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

no updates still down...

#72 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

There's currently a DB bug with VIP system and it'll have to get fixed before it's opened up. Oda or Heim will make an announcement once it's fixed so sit tight :D

#73 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

Q_Q

#74 yabret3

yabret3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

:D this is taking a lot longer then they orginally planned

#75 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

This is all I've been waiting for the whole day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users