Attention! All Super Novices! (And Others) - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Attention! All Super Novices! (And Others)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#76 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

If only they were at least crap :I

#77 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

EUGH!! ARGH!!

Sorry fellow SN players... but I have some HORRIBLE news...

It seems that unlike the old days when you reach lvl 99 with 99,999,999exp, how we get to regain the Fury and Mental Strength abilities and never have to worry about losing them... they changed the rules a bit, so that IF you were to die in a map where dying would normally make you lose exp... well, you will lose it (base exp) on the character select screen, and yep... lose the abilities until it is returned to 99,999,999exp AGAIN!!
I found this out the hard way tanking Beelz~ on one of the BB's my friends and I were doing. I was wondering why after relogging that I couldn't use MS again, and then I noticed that my base exp was down a mil exp (yeah, at 150, 1 death on VIP = 1mil exp). So I had to regain the exp before I could use MS again. This is very disappointing, and very restricting, since now we're only allowed to play and die in maps where there aren't Exp lose for deaths (towns, indoors and PVP maps mainly, eugh).

IF A GM READS THIS, PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS PRE-RENEWAL WHERE AS A REWARD FOR REACHING THE FINAL LVL AND GAINING AN ADDITIONAL 100M EXP THAT THERE'S NO MORE EXP PENALTIES FOR DEATHS!

#78 Resumirres

Resumirres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

I sent a ticket months ago about allowing expanded super novices to do fury at anytime.. since you can do it when you have 99999999 exp at 99.. this should be a little helpful for leveing from 100. I don't know if they are planning to allow this, but they said they would take into consideration.

#79 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

The fact that they left the exp go up and down as normal even at 150, tells me they plan to increase max base limit xD

#80 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

super novices are a novelty class, meant to be a challenge for extremist players who chose to stay as novices for their main char, etc.

SUPER NOVICES WERE GIVEN AN EXPANSION TO 150, NOT A NEW CLASS.

IT IS NOT A NEW JOB CLASS

Don't like the challenge? don't play. Simple enough. I will congratulate the real super novice players who actually 150 it without turn ins :wub:

YOU WANT A CHALLENGE?! MAKE A BABY WARLOCK!!! :P

But dont you dare throw Super Novice to the wolves when so many people are unhappy about it! ITS NOT A CHALLENGE! ITS STUPID! The amount of exp EVEN A VIP loses when you die in the expanded clas and the death rate,is usually more then they gain!
YOU CALL THAT A CHALLENGE?!
We can only really gain lvls off of turn ins! and even then we cant really HELP the party!!
A CHALLENGE?! FOR REAL?!
Unless you want bald people walking around everywhere due to the frustration of 3 years worth of training a lousy Super Novice and STILL arnt lvl 150!
NOT A CHALLENGE!!SUPER NOVICES ARE SO WEAK IT'S LIKE THE GMs DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT US! This comment was posted out of Arrogance!!
:D

No Super Novice can really make it to 150 without the means of turn ins, because each time they die, they lose more then what they even gained!
So unless you've actually experianced it, I would say put your zeny where your mouth is and go experiance just how horrible this class really is! :P

Pardon me for the outbreak...

Here... here's my link, this basically describes whats wrong with a Super Novice and my suggestions to help make it better and fun for everyone!
Help support the little guys by showing your love on my forum~

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry656334

Edited by Cmoota, 06 December 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#81 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Super Novice at lvl 100+ should be able to wear trans equips. It only makes sense, because 3rd jobs who did not trans can wear trans.. Super Novice need it!

#82 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

Hi I'm lvling a super novice too. I have a few small ideas:

When lvling up when ure 99+ the angel could give us a new buff, a soullink. I'm not going to make an alt linker for my SN so that would be useful when no linkers are around..

Let them wear the rod Release of Wish (and some new equivalent weapon for melee). Its cute, has low MATK and no slots but gives hp/sp by chance when magically attacking. So why not?

Why not some uniqe quest skills like all other classes have (like energy coat, fatal blow, backslide etc). For super novice Ive only got one idea so far XD

Angry Bite: Bite the opponent with all your strenght! Gives 50% chance to divest opponents weapon and 50% chance to inflict bleed status on the opponent. But takes up all your SP and reduces flee rote by 50% for 5 secs. :blink:

#83 Krakazze

Krakazze

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 05:52 PM

I don't care about anything else but their HP Pool. Super Novices are so useless post level 100 because they die in 4-5 hits from mobs of the same level even if they got all +9 gears... dry.png

I'm unsure of your gearing but my novice's post 99 were more than adequate with HP pools and dmg outputs ( i play melle builds a mix of thief/swordman with the basic buffs from aco tree. sit around 4.5-6k hp pending on my equips ( not using the SN set for its added HP ) I do agree tho post 99 you have to either cart a lot of white pots or be ready to do the walk of shame back to where you died ( or warp back to ). I've been awol from RO for a couple of years but have always mained novices, SN, ESNs tbh I find them more forgiving than a standard class which is forced into meta'ring no pun intended to survive the grinds. 

gear wise im using a sizable amount of cash shop gear tho mostly +7 with 2-3 +9s. immune shield, valk hammer, robot eyes, vit chest, demon boots post 90. pre 90 i used hard punte's robe and rigid immune shield with an assortment of VS Elem Stilletos to crimsons were available. 

#84 Krakazze

Krakazze

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 06:19 PM

I could read these comments for days, I was syphoning through the list of have and have not skills and there are some discrepancies to the list some we "dont have" trigger of the meager gear we can use. dazzler is one but tbh id have to recheck the level req on those accessories been ages since i played RO and longer still since i checked my ESN's min lvl equips. I know most of my current equips are lvl 1 req. the weapon is 70 or 90...valk hammer. the boots the same but the trinkets hurt heart/calm mind* with owl duke/owl baron combo is what im maining atm. currently only lvl 127/150* due to life reasons never got to veg out and grind my way to cap. as mentioned in the page one chatter. BB ( other than a bongun's card auto trigger ) would of been great for melle SN's same for cloak ( w/o frildora card ( doesn't allow movement at lvl 1 )) venom splash is fun early on but looses its use as fast as its gained...mostly handy on the petite maps i found. Another person or the same mentioned the 1k kills being nothing but spite and mentioned porings as the kill mark...try doing the lil peco's without eggshell hats...that was mild torture, i ended up getting my mates 4yr old to click all the "birdies" for a hour while i helped him with yardwork. 

what I'd like to see in any advancements is ofc as mentioned a sprite change/dye option, maybe give us a pseudo lvl 99+ aura ( even if it gives us no bonuses ) so we are not mistaken for someone who didn't read the how to pick a class tutorial as we are dragged into eden group. 
mostly I'd be cheering if we got 1h quicken, bowling bash, sanctuary ( not helpful for me as i only have 60 int but it cant hurt ), kyrie, and the assorted shield based crusader skills. tbh i cant think of anything else aside from whats already been mentioned use of the trans equips would be great so i can limit the amount of zeny i have dropped on purchasing the cash shop equivalents...also a greater list of elemental weapon options as of now we need both a sage and a priest to cover elemental buffs or taking a hefty hit to our already small hp pool by switching to crimsons ( which wouldnt be as bad if they were 4 slot not 2 ) as in my case i rock a sidewinder in the 1st slot only leaving room for a zipper bear/andre in the 2nd.

If you see me ingame give me a /no1 /rice or a simply say hi. 
currently living in keil02, jupe01 or portaling people to magma dun. resting in gef.

Fish Styx 

#85 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 14 November 2023 - 01:15 AM

Please refrain from bumping such old topics as it is much better to start a new topic for more recent/relevant discussion. Locking this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users