Attention! All Super Novices! (And Others) - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Attention! All Super Novices! (And Others)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#51 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

Well, I don't want to be hassled with all of your request, so if its possible, please minimalize your opinion into list and re post it. so i could re-write in korean.

#52 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

But it's so full of fail its impossible to write it in short XD

#53 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

SN '3rd class' should get their own skills. Ability to learn a few 2nd class skills is just not enough.

#54 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

The link unequips your gear when you change map... they should just let you keep wearing it... when doing turn ins it is highly inconvenient to get your linker there and not feasible to re-link yourself in the middle of a party.

Thats new I think, so SN's got nerfed properly with renewal. Unless it was just the people i talked to never left map after link ran out or didnt think to mention that part

Edited by Hrothmund, 20 November 2011 - 08:01 PM.

#55 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

Hi, I just wanted to suggest there to be a kind of incentive for players to motivate them into playing the Super Novice class now that they are allowed to reach base 150 (1.56b exp like 3rd class).
Perhaps a BONUS to the HP like there is for reaching 99 base level (Maybe a bonus 20k HP and 1k SP would help a little).

It's hard enough playing a Super Novice nowadays, especially in the high levels trying to find parties for the weekly TI's.
FEW people (not all) will ask what class you are, and the moment I say S.Novie, they ignore my lvl and just go: "Nope" and that's if they even bother to reply.
I'm lucky that I've made some new good people friends that don't judge the class I'm playing, and still invite me into their parties like luxdor, or Gracies Tiger.

So, could there be some nice bonus reward for SN's for reaching 150 base lvl (Would be nice to have HP with 5 digits and SP with 4 digits like every other lvl 150 class).
PS Please no Anti-SN/SN Bashing... replies (I know quite a few people out there actually dislike the class, but please keep it to yourselves).

As for the name suggestion for those that made to 150... hehe, how about:

- No Longer A Novice
(It's a bit long, I agree, hehe)

- Beyond Novice
(Just a way to say that they aren't your avg novice)

Edited by lemon, 20 November 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#56 Resumirres

Resumirres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

Beyond Novice? hmm...

Beyovice! :mellow:

#57 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Aiyah, I finally get my Super Novice to 150 and now I got to get another 100m just to get the mental strength upon death AGAIN!!

Thanks for the task that was done already... nothing like repeating a whole quest to get an ability earned years ago.

And the aura... same aura as every other 150...

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by lemon, 21 November 2011 - 11:41 PM.

#58 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

I would be heavily against putting SN's hp/sp on par with 3rd classes, 5k base HP is plenty at 150 for SN's. Keep in mind warlocks only have 9500 base HP. All they need is to keep their 99 bonus and the hp/sp thing is fine.

#59 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

I would be heavily against putting SN's hp/sp on par with 3rd classes, 5k base HP is plenty at 150 for SN's. Keep in mind warlocks only have 9500 base HP. All they need is to keep their 99 bonus and the hp/sp thing is fine.

You seem to have forgotten to mention where the 5k came from.
For the SN, when they are lvl 98, their HP is 555 at 1 Vit.
Only when they reach lvl 99, do they receive the extra 2k as a bonus reward.
And since the calc are the same, they don't even reach 3k HP at lvl 150 with the 1 Vit, unless you are purposely forgetting to mention about the 10 Skill points they have to use up to learn Faith 10 to get the extra 2k HP to reach the 5k HP.

Where as your lvl 150 Warlock with 1 Vit already has 8787 HP WITHOUT ANY BONUS HP or HAVING to SPEND 10 SKILL POINTS to earn any extra HP.

So yeah, the SN having barely 3k HP at lvl 150 where as the Warlock with nearly TRIPLE the SN's HP at the same lvl (Both with only 1 Vit btw), kind of seems like the SN could use a bit of help in the HP /SP department.
And considering the Warlocks have the least of the 3rd classes, when compared to a RK with only 1 Vit (22k HP with only 1 Vit), the RK would easily beat the SN's HP ratio over 7:1.

So before you say how nothing should be done/changed, and how "All they need is to keep their 99 bonus and the hp/sp thing is fine.", how about you try to even make one to level 150 first, or have one pass lvl 100.

#60 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

Aiyah, I finally get my Super Novice to 150 and now I got to get another 100m just to get the mental strength upon death AGAIN!!

Thanks for the task that was done already... nothing like repeating a whole quest to get an ability earned years ago.

http://translate.goo...heroes.net/1467

Being able to do that at 99 was apparently a bug and is getting fixed soon.
:angel:

#61 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpheroes.net%2F1467

Being able to do that at 99 was apparently a bug and is getting fixed soon.
:angel:

That page said "ability Angelic Fury" not Mental Strength which works at 99%-99.9% (Not a multiple of 10%).

#62 CrescendoBeat

CrescendoBeat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

Beyond Novice? hmm...

Beyovice! :angel:

More like Beyonvice :rofl:. Y'know, like Beyonce.

On topic:
Name? Personally I like the name 'Super Duper Novice' from the earlier event.
Appearance? Give them capes! Longer gloves and more belt-bags are fine too.
Equip? Give them bows! And new armor set! And new exclusives because they're not 3rd class.
Skills? Give them 80 or 99 job levels and we're set. Oh and Unbarring Octave/Dazzler, Snap, and more 2-2 classes' skills in general.
Stats? Just make them on par with Warlocks in terms of HP. The rest needs to be seriously buffed.

Now I just have a quick realization.
Why they have a HW's skill (and it's Stave Crasher, of all things), of all Trans classes they can chose? Remember the description of Hypnotist's Staff? "It can make a Super Novice feels like High Wizard", or something like that, right?
And most people who were playing SN pre-Renewal played them like a wiz/HW. Probably that's why their skill selection from wiz tree doesn't suck (with the-probable-exception of aforementioned Stave Crasher).

#63 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

More like Beyonvice :rofl:. Y'know, like Beyonce.

:angel: I instinctively read that too, you speak greek?

#64 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

Sorry, but... You clearly don't know much about playing SNs then. O_O
Try going PVP/WoE against 3rd classes. You won't know what hit you. xD Hehehe.

You seem to have forgotten to mention where the 5k came from.

Spoiler

So before you say how nothing should be done/changed, and how "All they need is to keep their 99 bonus and the hp/sp thing is fine.", how about you try to even make one to level 150 first, or have one pass lvl 100.

Great Answer.
It is true. Also, as someone mentioned before, a 99/99 SN has near enough the same HP as a 150 SN.
Lastly... Still need more support and suggestions!!!! Please + Rep the OP. ^_^
Thanks.

#65 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Bump!

#66 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

I've written to RO inquiry about a SN related question, but still no reply yet, so I was hoping to get a response here.
I want to confirm whether or not the level 150 SN's get mental Strength upon death if they gained the 100m exp requirement again (like how the regular level 99 SN's could), and why do the level 150 SN's lose base exp upon death even when they are already at 100%? (In the character select screen, my exp was at 13m but after a few deaths, I saw it went down to 11m, and this never happened when the SN was at level 99).

#67 Resumirres

Resumirres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

@lemon, actually this happened to me with my 150 rk.. i have 0 exp now.

#68 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Bump cuz SN =/= 3rd classes.
Any GM's wanna explain?

#69 mcdhol24

mcdhol24

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

MAGNIFICAT FOR EXPANDED SUPER NOVICE!!!!!! ONLY THING I WISH...

or the Angel Set should improve the bonus from set when worn by 'EXPANDED' Super Novice like:

+1500hp (+900 for normal SuperNovice)
+150sp (+100 for normal SuperNovice)
5% chance to Autocast Assumptio (3% for normal SuperNovice)

Edited by mcdhol24, 30 November 2011 - 01:19 AM.

#70 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

SN needs more than just HP to compete. They need a stronger AOE amongst other things.

#71 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

Bump cuz SN =/= 3rd classes.
Any GM's wanna explain?

They'll think we want SN on par with 3rd classes in terms of power and importance.
Hence the response would be something like:
"SN is not supposed to be in the same league, it simply got the ability to lvl further along with a nice amount of 2nd class skills."

It would be a response, and it would be true (except for the skills being any good obviously), but it also allows them to ignore 80% of the posts here and would completely miss the point of the whole thread.
So Id rather a GM would read some of the arguments and ask kRO to make an actual new class for SN or something along those lines, than just explain what SN is and whats not.
Its not about what was amde and what wasnt, but what players would actually find fun compared to what is just a troll update.

Also the explanation would include things like:
"SN is for the players that want more challenge"
:bang:

Edited by Charon, 30 November 2011 - 03:51 AM.

#72 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

They'll think we want SN on par with 3rd classes...

I think you've misread my post when you quoted it.
In the previous thread before it, I'm asking them to confirm whether or not the SN's at 150 will regain the Mental Strength after gaining another 100m exp like the lvl 99 SN's could. Then I asked why do the lvl 150 SN's lose BASE exp upon death when the lvl 99 SN's don't (which we could see from our character select screens).

Then someone posts some stuff about how he's getting similar stuff with his RK, and I replied that SN's are not 3rd classes (like his RK for example, so his reply doesn't answer anything). So can a GM explain the BASE exp loss upon death? And can a GM confirm the Mental Strength skill upon death after 100m exp?

So I'm not saying that "Supernovies aren't the same as 3rd classes, why's that? Can a GM explain that to me?".

#73 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

So I'm not saying that "Supernovies aren't the same as 3rd classes, why's that? Can a GM explain that to me?".

Sorry, I didn't check the other post yeh :S

#74 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

BUMP~!!

It's confirmed, level 150 Super Novices with 99,999,999 Base exp can regain Fury and the Mental Strength ability again like when they were level 99's (pre-renewal).

Here's mine in the character select screen.

Posted Image

Here it is again, in a quick test duel with Fury and Mental Strength.

Posted Image

So fellow Super Novices, no more worrying about whether or not you'll get your cool abilities back, because you will ^_^

Edited by lemon, 30 November 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#75 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

There's no point having a challenge if the reward is subpar.

I don't really get why Super Novices aren't taken seriously by the developers. Why shouldn't they be on par with 3rd class? You have to put so much effort into leveling them that surely they should be powerful in order to compensate, or at least competitive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users