Thanksgiving week Maintenance! - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Thanksgiving week Maintenance!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
315 replies to this topic

#51 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

why would we pay for the catalog when they are free on ragial... why do you guys even try to charge for something you should have implemented into the game from the start???

#52 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Its a convienience thing. If it really bothers you that much, use the ingame one then *walk* to the vendor.

Ditto if your concerned the item might sell before you use/complete a kafra coupon, but really if you think it might sell that fast do you want to risk walking?

#53 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

Yea ragial and other services similiar already defeat the purpose of these new items... if ur gonna implement it for a reasonable kafra price... 10 kp per box of 10... making each coupon roughly $0.01... but it still wont compete with ragial, ragnastats, etc

this item woulda been useful a long time ago but lots of other ppl beat you guys to the punch

#54 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

why would we pay for the catalog when they are free on ragial... why do you guys even try to charge for something you should have implemented into the game from the start???

Yea ragial and other services similiar already defeat the purpose of these new items... if ur gonna implement it for a reasonable kafra price... 10 kp per box of 10... making each coupon roughly $0.01... but it still wont compete with ragial, ragnastats, etc

this item woulda been useful a long time ago but lots of other ppl beat you guys to the punch

I really think you guys are missing the point here. If you use ragial, and it's a really good deal, you're probably going to MISS the item because the person who uses the kafra shop item doesn't have to walk across pront. he can just stand at the kafra and buy the item, and by the time you get there it's been gone for 2 minutes already.

#55 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:13 AM

how bout have 1 of ur staff to finish my VAS =( its been almost a week and i got no response

#56 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

I really think you guys are missing the point here. If you use ragial, and it's a really good deal, you're probably going to MISS the item because the person who uses the kafra shop item doesn't have to walk across pront. he can just stand at the kafra and buy the item, and by the time you get there it's been gone for 2 minutes already.

I don't see the point there. There is 99.9% chance that the item you are looking for is sold already or not vending at all and your catalogue will go to waste. On ragial you can just use f5 1000 times a day if you want... Catalogue should come with something else like an EMB or something else.

#57 Ekichan

Ekichan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:24 AM

Expect ragial.com to be shut down.

expect GM's to ban ragial bots. WIN

#58 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

expect GM's to ban ragial bots. WIN

OMG I actually see that happening.

heim$ : /gg

#59 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

Only certain headgears can be used for costume tab at the moment. This may change in the future though.

If i see 'regular' ingame headgears get given fake(zero stats) kafrashop look-a-like headgears for costume tab i think that'd be game over for me lol.

Otherwise i dont really see the point in implementing it yet. If i want to wear my cool looking headgear I've still got to make a choice between practicality and style since my cool (useless) gears are already ingame.

Edited by Hrothmund, 22 November 2011 - 04:38 AM.

#60 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:25 AM

Ragarding the Shopping Catalogues:

The one that only let's you search for an item is, pretty much, worthless thanks to Ragial.
So the only customers you might get for it are either new players who don't know about Ragial or lazy alt-tabbers who think "man, it's so cheap, can't hurt". Or of course if Ragial has a downtime again ^^
I would make the price low for that point, so you get at least the "man, it's so cheap, can't hurt" customers.
What about 50pt the box?

The other one, that let's you directly buy or sell, is something different.
If it's an rarer item or you have problems finding the shop fast, this can be helpfull even in addition to Ragial.
I would make it around 100pt the box.

And wasn't there a third one, too?
Don't know, what it makes in addition, but maybe making it 150pt the box wouldn't hurt as well.

#61 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

Awesome turn ins! O.O

#62 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

I was about to rage about no Bio2 TI again, and then I realised it's not the 150 week again and the TIs for this week are decently cool so I'm okay with this. Cheerio!

#63 Blueflight

Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

"What price would that convenience be worth to you?"

Zero kafra points. Even then I probably wouldn't use them often. Let's be honest, this is just a way of making money from lazy and/or stupid people that can't be bothered or don't know about opening their browser, looking up the item on Ragial, and then walking 5 steps in Prontera to get to the vendor.

I'd only ever use them if they were sold for Zeny much like the buy shops but even then their use is limited.

Edited by Blueflight, 22 November 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#64 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

I wonder what is going to be in the groove packs

#65 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

If i see 'regular' ingame headgears get given fake(zero stats) kafrashop look-a-like headgears for costume tab i think that'd be game over for me lol.

Otherwise i dont really see the point in implementing it yet. If i want to wear my cool looking headgear I've still got to make a choice between practicality and style since my cool (useless) gears are already ingame.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

5 are released at a time, so that should last them at least 3 more events?

#66 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

Ragarding the Shopping Catalogues:

The one that only let's you search for an item is, pretty much, worthless thanks to Ragial.
So the only customers you might get for it are either new players who don't know about Ragial or lazy alt-tabbers who think "man, it's so cheap, can't hurt". Or of course if Ragial has a downtime again ^^
I would make the price low for that point, so you get at least the "man, it's so cheap, can't hurt" customers.
What about 50pt the box?

The other one, that let's you directly buy or sell, is something different.
If it's an rarer item or you have problems finding the shop fast, this can be helpfull even in addition to Ragial.
I would make it around 100pt the box.

And wasn't there a third one, too?
Don't know, what it makes in addition, but maybe making it 150pt the box wouldn't hurt as well.

There's 10 min delay at least to ragial and similar services, time to cover all the open shops and the output is only uploaded at fixed intervals. The Kafra version is server side and would be instantaneous.
It's the buying process that causes a little concern. If it is scripted like remove item x from seller's open vend, then add item x to the buyer's inventory, there is the possibility of abuse.

#67 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

5 are released at a time, so that should last them at least 3 more events?

*cries at the lame selection*

#68 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

so..none of you actually care about 14.1, the balance patch or sakray testings :angel:

i guess the topic is cute hats.. so.. cute hats.. yay or nay..

Edited by fenryl, 22 November 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#69 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

Only way for us to do anything about the no normal hats in costume tab is not to buy any costume stuff. Seriously its a waste.

On gravestones woot

#70 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Can we know what's in the groove packs please?

#71 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

finally 14.1 Thanks Heim.

& the catalog thing, I think its a good idea. Question is why? first of all, you don't have to walk or find that person, second - it's time and date is precise unlike ragial or ragnastats that takes 10mins to reload and say "hey some1 bought it already" & ya dont need to open IE or Safari, and 3, best idea ever.

Edited by geniewinie, 22 November 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#72 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

14.1 Skill balance will start to be reimplemented on Sakray, it still has some loading issues that will keep it from working but it should be faster to get it fixed without having to switch back to 13.3 over and over again.

i like the wording of start to be reimplemented

#73 Kreska

Kreska

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Excited :3

#74 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

*New Turnins
70-95 Rachel Field 12

Awesome but dont forget to up the spawn the same as last time, it sucks when one of the monsters is way behind

125-140 Kamidal Tunnel
People always love this one!!!! I cant wait for all that job exp!!!!

UPDATE
Costume system and 5 of the costume headgears will be implemented.

How about an update on if we are going to get a bunch of nice looking headgears. Cus I mean seriously the ones we tested might not get bought that much. Also I hope the price is low on these since its just about looks.

Vendor Search catalogues. There will be a window shopper catalogue that helps you locate your deals of choice.
In the Kafra shop there will be one that allows you to also purchase directly from shops. Limited to 10 valid searches per catalogue, so a box of 10 would allow 100 total searches.
What price would that convenience be worth to you?

To be perfectly honest, this "convenience" I thought should just be a part of the game. It would make things a lot easier. Plus unless your going to ban the Ragial bot from all the servers then its kind of pointless to charge people for anything. I dont think to many players would pay for soemthing that they can jsut alt tab, look up, then go buy.

14.1 Skill balance will start to be reimplemented on Sakray, it still has some loading issues that will keep it from working but it should be faster to get it fixed without having to switch back to 13.3 over and over again

Can you put in auto person to change us to 150 and the class we want. Even if the new classes dont get put in, I was hoping to get all set up before you put it in. That way when its working and I can test it I will be set to just test it.

And the BIG QUESTION,
After a 14 or so page responce on what we want from the boxes to come this week, it seems that the majority of people want rideword and new hats. and I think coming in third is a slotted mid headgear. Will these Thanksgiving wishes be fulfilled!!!!!? Inquiring minds want to know.

#75 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

And the BIG QUESTION,
After a 14 or so page responce on what we want from the boxes to come this week, it seems that the majority of people want rideword and new hats. and I think coming in third is a slotted mid headgear. Will these Thanksgiving wishes be fulfilled!!!!!? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't think you'll find Rideword Hat or a slotted Middle Gear in it, since it was planned as an Groovy Pack, and both are way to valuable for a Groove Pack.
They might come within the next Lucky Box though, which is planned for december.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users