Lol Reset Stone Timer - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Lol Reset Stone Timer

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#76 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Seriously, you guys need to take out the reset timer cool down cause its ridiculous. Theres no point in buying resets no more, theres no point in lvling no more cause it takes wayyyyyyy to much grinding. + if ur a support classes it takes TWICE as long to lvl cause you cant solo level and its twice as hard to find party members to lvl with. Reset cooldown is a BIG mistake to implement. Might as well end turn in events.

this made me lol

You know, I leveled my first character to 133 without even knowing Eden existed?
It took me, what? A few weeks?

I have a lot of time to play, sure. But a few hours out of your day/week to go grind it out with a party or solo.. that's what MMO's are about.
You want Eden to hand over all these levels to you because you don't have the time to play? Okay, so we change RO to suit the people with no time on their hands.
Something's wrong with that.

Also, doing a turn in twice a day is plenty of xp. TWICE A DAY.
Come on... you guys are way to spoiled.
MMO's are supposed to have a challenge to them. Eden just makes it a mindless, "skill-less" ride to your next level.
Put some effort in and find a party to level with. Sheesh.

#77 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

Pleaaaase they put this way too late, now that more than half the server is 150, yup late, you guys were lucky this wasnt implemented right away :blink:

#78 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

MMO's are supposed to have a challenge to them. Eden just makes it a mindless, "skill-less" ride to your next level.

Why are you under the impression that grinding for countless hours = skill? Anyone can do this with the right gear though it does require some persistence to put up with the monotony after awhile. I actually agree with you that I like it to be a challenge to reach the max level in any MMO that I play (pre-LOD DiabloII, pre-renewal RO, FFXI are some good examples). But this is cheapened in RO by the fact that most serious players have already had more than ample time to reach 150 /w several characters thanks to the flaws of the system.

Edited by ExplosPlankton, 07 December 2011 - 05:52 PM.

#79 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

Pleaaaase they put this way too late, now that more than half the server is 150, yup late, you guys were lucky this wasnt implemented right away :blink:

Indeed, the damage has already been done..... I leveled 4 level 150/50s before they finally fixed it. Sucks for those people hoarding resets thinking this will be permanent.

#80 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

I used to reset my TI five times a day...but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Edited by TheSquishy, 07 December 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#81 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

I used to reset my TI five times a day...but then I took and arrow to the knee.

That will never get old. +1

#82 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Why are you under the impression that grinding for countless hours = skill? Anyone can do this with the right gear though it does require some persistence to put up with the monotony after awhile. I actually agree with you that I like it to be a challenge to reach the max level in any MMO that I play (pre-LOD DiabloII, pre-renewal RO, FFXI are some good examples). But this is cheapened in RO by the fact that most serious players have already had more than ample time to reach 150 /w several characters thanks to the flaws of the system.

Grinding =/= skill.
Then again, doing turn ins =/= skill either.

You need to learn a balance. There's different roles you will learn to play with your class as you do different things.
Right now, people think GX's are useless. Why? Turn ins aren't accepting them. They aren't even useless. I've seen some badass GX's in turn ins and outside parties.

And about this bolded line; You're saying that because it was flawed and people took advantage of it that it should stay? Are you upset that you didn't take advantage of the system to your liking as well? It was flawed, but they are working with it... I'd like you to go read the "rushing to 150" thread and see what you think of that stuff.

If you get a party together in your downtime and go grind it out a bit with them... hell, what am I talking about? That never happens anymore.
Nevermind, continue QQ'ing about resets please.

#83 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

Do not like.

#84 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

Grinding =/= skill.
Then again, doing turn ins =/= skill either.

You need to learn a balance. There's different roles you will learn to play with your class as you do different things.
Right now, people think GX's are useless. Why? Turn ins aren't accepting them. They aren't even useless. I've seen some badass GX's in turn ins and outside parties.

And about this bolded line; You're saying that because it was flawed and people took advantage of it that it should stay? Are you upset that you didn't take advantage of the system to your liking as well? It was flawed, but they are working with it... I'd like you to go read the "rushing to 150" thread and see what you think of that stuff.

If you get a party together in your downtime and go grind it out a bit with them... hell, what am I talking about? That never happens anymore.
Nevermind, continue QQ'ing about resets please.

Im going to stay here and QQ until you're begging the GMs to remove reset timers just to get rid of me =P

#85 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Seriously, you guys need to take out the reset timer cool down cause its ridiculous. Theres no point in buying resets no more, theres no point in lvling no more cause it takes wayyyyyyy to much grinding. + if ur a support classes it takes TWICE as long to lvl cause you cant solo level and its twice as hard to find party members to lvl with. Reset cooldown is a BIG mistake to implement. Might as well end turn in events.

Resets have more uses then Just Reseting to do a TI you know that right?

#86 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Im going to stay here and QQ until you're begging the GMs to remove reset timers just to get rid of me =P

Posted Image

#87 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Woah, this update is actually awesome, GM's did something good at least, maybe i should start playing again.. maybe...

#88 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Woah, this update is actually awesome, GM's did something good at least, maybe i should start playing again.. maybe...

When are you gonna start playing again? Huh, when? Tell us now.

#89 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

When are you gonna start playing again? Huh, when? Tell us now.

I wish you would take an arrow to the knee.
You're the one trolling here.

#90 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

I wish you would take an arrow to the knee.
You're the one trolling here.

I used to be a troll like you...

#91 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

but then I took an arrow in the knee?

#92 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

late tho.... late :blink:

#93 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

You're trolling right now.

#94 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

My god RO complains about every change... People say for weeks on end TAKE OUT THE RESET STONES FOR TI then they do and more people complain. Maybe some of you should think about what you wish for before you just start typing. I for one agree with this and Props to the GM team for listening to the majority.

#95 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

My god RO complains about every change... People say for weeks on end TAKE OUT THE RESET STONES FOR TI then they do and more people complain. Maybe some of you should think about what you wish for before you just start typing. I for one agree with this and Props to the GM team for listening to the majority.

Only jackasses that abused it for a year and have an account full of 150s want it gone.

#96 Gigahertz2011

Gigahertz2011

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

People are upset about this, seriously? It's like it was suddenly legal to steal from banks for a month and then the gov't realizes oops, and people complain why they can't break the law anymore. In case you haven't realized, this game used to be a GRIND. IMO, re-settable TIs all day was completely broken.

#97 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

My Highest level character is 127. Ive been playing Since Summer. And i support it. When my character reaches 150 i want to be already known for being a Bad mofo. So 150 is only going to reinforce the fact. And leveling is boring and id rather sit and talk to random people Much more interesting

All my characters on same acc. ROPD Kanizo if u wish

Edited by WateryGrave, 07 December 2011 - 09:40 PM.

#98 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

My Highest level character is 127. Ive been playing Since Summer. And i support it. When my character reaches 150 i want to be already known for being a Bad mofo. So 150 is only going to reinforce the fact. And leveling is boring and id rather sit and talk to random people Much more interesting

All my characters on same acc. ROPD Kanizo if u wish

Oh god you play on valk
Posted Image

#99 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

I wish they never implemented this reset stone timer. There are WAYYYY too many 150's. :blink:

#100 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Oh god you play on valk
Posted Image

has nothing to do with the current conversation. You have nothing pertinent to say so you change the subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users