Please for the love of God don't update with skill patch - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Please for the love of God don't update with skill patch

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#51 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

The patch is happening on 13th.

No bugs of a showstopper nature were found (thank god) which will allow us to do 14.1 soon after. The RKs maybe were a bit out of wack with their huge damage from LK skills and HP mods, balance sometimes means having to cut back a bit. However after the update we can then take feedback on skills on how to tweak them back into "loving it". We can't do that process until we have updated the current skill balance batch. My biggest regret is this is happening in December and not early November as it is very busy time now.

You're kidding, right? Posted Image

If you haven't done so already, please read through the bug and testing results, Heim.

Pneuma develops a cast time after using it repeatedly. Can't lex or secrament others on GD map (is it this way in WoE, too?)

And all of those cast time reduction tweaks (ME, Arrow Vulcan, etc.) we got earlier this year are gone. In its current state, we're getting a buggy balance that returns non-third class skills to their previously post-Re broken state.

Please reconsider and give Sakray another week of testing.

#52 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

Couldn't it be possible that he meant "nothing that can't be easily fixed just in time for maintenance" or "we won't just copy paste the whole buggy load from Sakray"?

And if it doesn't mean that yes what the heck.

#53 FalboII

FalboII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro,Brazil
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

There are no good way to put this. Please please please don't let the skill patch go up. Right now everything is good as it is.

Rune Knight seriously got shafted on this "skill patch". Rune Knights have nothing now. They seriously cannot fit into any role and they are sucking bad. First they nerf Frenzy, saying that it was unbalanced that an agi 1 LORD KNIGHT can almost go 190 aspd with Two handed quicken. It is not broken when you consider the fact that it is supposed to be good as G-Fist. G-Fist is an all or nothing attack right? It basically kills one man instantly. At what cost you may ask? All the SP and no natural sp or hp regen for 5 min on a MONK? What bull crap is that? Frenzy makes a LORD KNIGHT lose the ability to chat, use items, change weapons, get healed, use skills, no natural sp for 5 min(sounds familiar no?), all def reduced to 0(seriously?), flee reduced by 50%(wow good lord) AND HP is reduced by 5% of Max HP every 15 seconds, basically 1% of our health every 3 seconds. Lets say no one hits me for the full duration we only last about 285 seconds and that is assuming that we don't get hit at all. We can't even use skills during this. And for what? Higher aspd (that doesn't stack anymore), x3 HP (that decays over time a very short amount of time if someone is hitting you), double atk (our attack is really greatly reduced by neutral cards and race cards and natural def)*(the double attack is only for base attack not weapons or upgrades or even skills)**, and to make matters worse a priest can Aspersio the LORD KNIGHT and make him useless against the EMP. MONK does not have this restriction and G-Fist is always a Neutral attack(I know taht skills don't work on EMP but at lease making a Monk's hand holy doesn't change he damage to people in WOE). Wow.... just wow... WTF just happened here? Did the Lord Knight just got shafted? I would say that as a yes.

Now they want to nerf Ignition Break*, Hundred Spear**, Dragon Breath***, Clashing Spiral****, and any offensive rune. Great job Gravity, way to balance this by nerfing the Knight class to the ground while barely changing anything about Sura. Sura can still snap in WOE which is retarded because of the abuse people use it for. Ever faced a guild that had a Sura leave an after image that you cannot attack? Yea... I am talking about that. Also have you also noticed that no one can catch up to a snapping Sura except another snapping Sura? And the fact they they seem invincible when in the middle of snapping?

Really Gravity? Really?

I refuse to believe that the Knight class are tanks now, when armor doesn't make a big difference, our HP mod are only better than RG by 4k-5k now. We also don't have anything to reduce damage. But a Monk with Mental Strength could reduce 90% damage. Are you serious that Knights are tanks? The only reason Rune Knights are even in WOE now is because of Storm Blast rune, CS, and Dragon Breath. They have no other uses and you want to take everything that a Rune Knight has a nerf bat, no...worse a nerf machine gun... no even worse than that, a nerf nuke without a chance to change the launching codes?

So, I would like to ask, no, PLEAD ON MY KNEES AND WITH MY FACE ON THE GROUND, PLEASE FOR THE LORD OF THE RO GODS AND THE GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN, PLEASE DON'T UPDATE THE SERVER UNTIL YOU GET ALL THE KINKS OUT!

*Ignition Break formula might as well be the same, it does nothing extra ordinary and cannot reach over 15k damage that most classes seem to be able to.
**Hundred Spear formula might as well be used as a scribble on a toilet paper sheet and wiped off because it barely does x2 of the new CS for double its sp cost.
***Dragon Breath has the same formula but the MHP is going to be nerfed so....
****Clashing Spiral damage is reduced by 66%.... wtf? I used to do 25k to almost all monsters that don't have high def. Now? I only do 8-9k? Huh? Why couldn't you make it scale with attack more and base level? So there wouldn't be a complaint about how a level 70 Lord Knight could pick up a spear and do that damage, 25k scale it with something then not just weight.

There are two reasons to think that Rune Knights are worth:
-You don't tested right
-You don't have player skill
My friend,this is a game and you need follow the rules to won.If you can't follow then,go sit and cry. :P

#54 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

You're kidding, right? Posted Image

If you haven't done so already, please read through the bug and testing results, Heim.

Pneuma develops a cast time after using it repeatedly. Can't lex or secrament others on GD map (is it this way in WoE, too?)

And all of those cast time reduction tweaks (ME, Arrow Vulcan, etc.) we got earlier this year are gone. In its current state, we're getting a buggy balance that returns non-third class skills to their previously post-Re broken state.

Please reconsider and give Sakray another week of testing.

Some of the bugs really make me question this... like genetic not doing its acid bomb animation or not being able to cast thorn wall without shift now... these are not a few bugs that are present on sakray... there are a LOT of bugs, and with the scope and importance of this update, I don't see what the rush is for?

#55 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

I think (I don't know for a fact so I'm assuming) that the bug thread was looked at. I know that for a fact because Oda was constantly making reports for the dev team to fix things. So just because they are on Sakray doesn't necessarily mean they were not fixed in the release version that will be on the main servers. I for one would like to see that release version tested for at least another week but as it is the time table is behind.

#56 laseks

laseks

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Nerf genetic and shura or I will quit.

good quit you appearently suck anyways i want you to show me one sura that has all that together and gfist got nerfed considering no sp items for 10 seconds after a fist you should really read and test whats goin on before you QQ yourself away

#57 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

The patch is happening on 13th.No bugs of a showstopper nature were found (thank god) which will allow us to do 14.1 soon after. The RKs maybe were a bit out of wack with their huge damage from LK skills and HP mods, balance sometimes means having to cut back a bit. However after the update we can then take feedback on skills on how to tweak them back into "loving it". We can't do that process until we have updated the current skill balance batch. My biggest regret is this is happening in December and not early November as it is very busy time now.

Dude, serious?

I'd rather wait and make sure it's right. I've been actively testing everyday and I really don't want to see
balance, in it's current, state go live. I understand some bugs won't show themselves till months on, but
rushing this patch thru incompletely tested will result in unnecessary rage and headaches for everyone.

Just one more week, please?

#58 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hmmm... Why not adding 14.1 to Sakray now, and implement both together on mains?

We know files are here, therefore it is safe~~~~ :P

Not because of the nerfed/buffed classes, but because of some bugs and unnaccuracity of some formulas. How we know they are really right? Magic? Check the performer thread for a heavy bug on Deep Sleep as example.

And yes, a lot of people still want to know about "our" own changes to skills [Oh come on, arrow repel with 1.5s fixed cast defeats all the purpose of the existance of the skill]

And no nerf sura and genetic, we want Cydra to quit... Oh wait. Strikethrough info is cut out~~~~ the message is not here. lalalalalala~~~~

#59 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

I don't know what the RK was eating but I was on Sakray and this dude was critting for 7k+ on auto-attacks...

#60 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

Wow you guys QQ to get this for months and now you wanna wait... also i think inu is right, im sure they arent that dumb to let that many bugs go in, thats prob why maint is gonna be extra longer, to make sure not everything is so damn buggy.

#61 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Everyone QQ'd when 3rd classes came out and were unbalanced, no difference will be now. In the end people will learn to deal with it. If they are so OP play their class. Honestly.

#62 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

Good im glad they got weaker. It's stupid to get one shotted with full reduction on to skills in woe. I rather be one shotted to gfist then to some random RG's exceed break. These nerfs are finally going to balance at least 2 OP classes in the pvp/woe areas. Im assuming you play one of these classes that's probably why you are crying about it.

#63 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

So just because they are on Sakray doesn't necessarily mean they were not fixed in the release version that will be on the main servers.

A little more communication from the GMs would go a long way. At this point in time they seem to be acting extremely evasive about it all, not even a brief response to the most simple of questions regarding the patch. ie Snewt's thread re:Stat/Skill resets, not to mention the bug report threads. Normally our GMs are quite communicative, that they are being so taciturn and reticent over all of this, makes me wonder what is really going on.

#64 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Don't see why people say RK will be worthless...crushing strike is absurd damage, and won't be reduced by WoE reducs. RKs will become the new RGs, with crushing working just like bugged exceed break. Easy 40k+ damage to a person on reductions.

#65 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

No.
. The strong get stronger and the weak get weaker. IE Rune knight and Royal guard are now worthless. Shura and Genetic are even stronger than before.

*Awaiting GX's are OP QQ threads*

#66 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

Don't see why people say RK will be worthless...crushing strike is absurd damage, and won't be reduced by WoE reducs. RKs will become the new RGs, with crushing working just like bugged exceed break. Easy 40k+ damage to a person on reductions.

The people who say RK will be worthless are generally the same people who could never bring out an RK's full potential. These are also the same people who don't know how to abuse millenium shield, Storm Blast, Crush Strike, Refresh, or even stone skin efficiently.

#67 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

No.
. The strong get stronger and the weak get weaker. IE Rune knight and Royal guard are now worthless. Shura and Genetic are even stronger than before.

It seems you don't even know what means being "weak". Both Rune Knight and Royal Guard still have one skill able to hit over 10k in WOE. Get a performer. A sorcerer... A mechanic or a ranger [last two got very buffed on balance though].

And don't come with "oh they are support classes, they should not kill". A genetic is way more supportive than a sorcerer at the moment. And they can kill.

We know the files are here. kRO tested those balance things for more than three months before implementing on their mains.

If a computer were half broken, missing screws and stuff, would you still want it only because after 20+ requests, the tech guy rushed on it and had no time to take care? So yes, take it easy. 1/3 of the people asking to delay may be those "QQrs"... but check out some of the posters. Lots of testers are asking to delay the implementation. D:

Edit: Acid Bomb needs materials too. I don't know... 20k worth of items [valk]. Open a buying shop if you don't want to buy rune materials.

A little more communication from the GMs would go a long way. At this point in time they seem to be acting extremely evasive about it all, not even a brief response to the most simple of questions regarding the patch. ie Snewt's thread re:Stat/Skill resets, not to mention the bug report threads. Normally our GMs are quite communicative, that they are being so taciturn and reticent over all of this, makes me wonder what is really going on.

Yes, the feedback topics feel pretty dead without the GMs. I mean, some things are really being fixed. Like, okay, they inform the devs. BUT. We want to be informed too. What is being worked on, and what is not. >.<

Edited by asayuu, 12 December 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#68 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

All I can say is Heim is busy working on 14.1 and doesn't get on the forums as much as he used to since he has more responsibilities so he's sort of phasing out as a CM, his words not mine.

Oda has the day off on Sunday and Monday and doesn't come in until 9 AM PST I believe. So beyond that its just them. I am trying to get answers to questions people are asking though, cause I wanna know too tbh.

#69 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

seriously, i am a RK and this patch its kinda sweet, those who complain are just nubs who don't know how to play and just smashing 2 keys the whole time Posted Image

... but im still thinking Dragon Howling is useless

#70 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

From my tests of pvping against several types of RKs, I've found crushing strike to be uninterruptible. Only exception I've found is when they're poisoned with Pyrexia (which is supposed to cancel any casting, regardless of phen effect or not). Either that or all these rks use phens in pvp o.O

For dragon howling, it's actually quite good. It indeed isn't 80% success against a 1 int character (int reduces the chance apparantly o.o), I'd say closer to 30%. But when it does activate, it makes agi Ranger and GX a sitting duck unless they switch to reducs fast. But yeah, useless for WoE since no one has extreme flee except Hallucination walking GXs.

On another note, I wish Halter lead would be fixed on Sakray >.>

#71 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

seriously, i am a RK and this patch its kinda sweet, those who complain are just nubs who don't know how to play and just smashing 2 keys the whole time Posted Image

... but im still thinking Dragon Howling is useless

No one takes you seriously.

#72 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Smashing 2 buttons...yes that's pretty accurate for RKs on sakray, they mainly use M. Shield, Crushing strike (then run away during the cooldown), and Hundred Spears.

#73 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

Good im glad they got weaker. It's stupid to get one shotted with full reduction on to skills in woe. I rather be one shotted to gfist then to some random RG's exceed break. These nerfs are finally going to balance at least 2 OP classes in the pvp/woe areas. Im assuming you play one of these classes that's probably why you are crying about it.

You were getting one shotted by RK's and RG's? xD Okay... I can't stop laughing now... carry on.

#74 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

No one takes you seriously.

yo tambien te amo guts ~<3

#75 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Smashing 2 buttons...yes that's pretty accurate for RKs on sakray, they mainly use M. Shield, Crushing strike (then run away during the cooldown), and Hundred Spears.

lol so we got a new generation of baddies. Before it was Gloomy CS + Bwing now its CS (Crush strike) + Bwing or run away when milenium shields wears off :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users