Please for the love of God don't update with skill patch - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Please for the love of God don't update with skill patch

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#26 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Dragon breath is still usable for leveling, in my opinion. The change to fire property is good for scaraba later, and bad for nogg road since you miss.

Spoiler

Clashing spiral seems okish for the kind of monsters a lord knight should be hunting. Yus, you no longer do 20k+ damages from npc weapons without investing stats, but with the proper setting you can still one-shot the monsters you are leveling on.

Spoiler

Hundred spear might not be as amazing as old clashing, since it actually requires you to spend stat points... but without much effort, you can still do 20k+ damages to random monsters without a specific weapon/endow with a fast usable skill. On players, there are Kvm spears, with zero weight and extra damage, and gloomy... HS doesn't look as amazing as I had expected, but it is a decent skill.

Runes are still good, deadbound works, and while I'll really miss being able to enchant blade, this doesn't seem like the end of the world.

I don't like balance patch because it feels like doing random things to everyone instead of balancing, but the main problem I see is people expecting nothing to change.

Also, I feel sorry for the rune knight who stops poking the emp after being asperioed. Asperio doesn't stop you from poking the emp in renewal, because part of your attack is always neutral...

No player skill. Just span storm blast/ygg all time :P

I'm happy with the nerfs.

Were you the RK going charge attack->SB->HS->SB in like 2~3 seconds on sakray ;)?

Edited by Kadnya, 12 December 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#27 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

All that QQ when RK will still be much stronger than most classes after being nerfed because guess what, all classes are being nerfed minus GX.

#28 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

actually, mechanics are some kinda buffed, and rangers are rebalanced not nerfed-- they get their bow skills brought up and trap skills brought down. Bishops are pretty much buffed too. Peformers are just kind of rebalanced as well. The only classes that really go nerfed were royal guard, genetic, and rune knight. Tweaks on msot jobs like warlock and such are minor imo.

#29 ZeroX1999

ZeroX1999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

sigh... this post.. checking up on things and this just kinda makes me Lol.
--
Ok for starters no to your opposition, Have a problem? (Solution) Jump on your nearist iRO sakaray tesking client and find a way to make your negitive into a positive try out new builds/weapons to go with it.

and yes i do realize you are 12 and started playing when renewal hit so i wouldn't suggest that you know what decent gaming mechanics where
maybe if you played 09 or earlyer till now then you might get a glimpse of some what equal gaming mechanics.
<--this is just a statement by looking at yout name/profile

Seriously? All you can do is attack my age? What are you a Sura player? Wait, don't answer that. I can already see that you have a Sura and is abusing him to make you awesome. The nerf bat to Sura is nothing compared to most classes. I have been playing since 2004 when they only still had Knights but took a 4-6 year break because I couldn't afford the pay-to-play back when I was a kid. I mostly play Ragnarok in my spare time because of all the fun times I had. Right now League of Legends trump this game for me.

and yes i do realize you are 12 and started playing when renewal hit so i wouldn't suggest that you know what decent gaming mechanics where
maybe if you played 09 or earlyer till now then you might get a glimpse of some what equal gaming mechanics.
<--this is just a statement by looking at yout name/profile because xinn is spelled with a small x instead of a big X, and the only people that mention age are the ones that are 12.

#30 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

Something about fiberlocking someone for 40 minutes comes to mind.

Well, I try not to deal with people using Maya Purples since I'm a GX. So the only reasonable option is to bwing out if they are just gonna snarelock me in place.

Thankfully, I know every player in my server who has a Maya Purple, so this is the least I could do.

#31 ZeroX1999

ZeroX1999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

Have you tested how racial modifiers work with dragons breath now? You can argue it's a ninja buff.

Don't see you qqing about crushing strike tho? sup with that?

I have tested the Dragon Breath in Niflheim and against the punching bag and it seems to do the appropriate damage as the formula states, so I really don't see the racial mod.

The reason why I don't qq about crushing strike is that it is limited. It is very strong for what it does, but only with a limit of 10. On the Sakray client I tried to use crushing strike when I had 20 runes and it didn't work, so I assume that they really want to limit it down to 10 with a cool down of 1 min.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

Fair enough, just keep testing!

#33 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

The whole skill patch seems like it isn't gonna fix a thing. After some testing on Sakray, it's basically just a shift of power + freezing.

Not gonna change a thing.

#34 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

CRS from GX does crazy damage, but it can miss so agi builds in pvp are somewhat safe (not in woe though)
Crushing Strike RKs have turned into the old EB bugging RGs; they run in, poke someone, run away during cooldown/casttime, repeat. Be prepared for that in woe.
Arrow storm and warg strike spam by rangers is also crazy damage, especially when you can't see them easily unless your effects are off.
All of these however are with +10 kvm, and factoring in that sakray doesn't have ALL of our best gear (not full reducs either), everything will do less for the real servers.

And I agree that bwinging should stay, since it saves precious time rebuffing and using the inn (30s could count, you never know).

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

All of these however are with +10 kvm, and factoring in that sakray doesn't have ALL of our best gear (not full reducs either), everything will do less for the real servers.

Ymir says otherwise. :P

#36 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

But sakray doesn't have a -10% demihuman damage headgear like fberet and AK helm, to my knowledge >_>
Or maybe I just couldn't find them.
Also, no WoE1 God items. (which makes gen look weaker than it actually is on main servers)

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

But sakray doesn't have a -10% demihuman damage headgear like fberet and AK helm, to my knowledge >_>
Or maybe I just couldn't find them.
Also, no WoE1 God items. (which makes gen look weaker than it actually is on main servers)

but everyone has like +12~14 KVM weapons +12 cat ear berets and WoE1 gods on Ymir...

So I expect that all skills on Ymir to do more than they are on sakray.

#38 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

Ymir yes, I have no idea what things are like over there e.e
Valk, maybe, maybe not, depends on which guilds I suppose...

#39 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

We need patch, period. :P

#40 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

The patch is happening on 13th.

No bugs of a showstopper nature were found (thank god) which will allow us to do 14.1 soon after. The RKs maybe were a bit out of wack with their huge damage from LK skills and HP mods, balance sometimes means having to cut back a bit. However after the update we can then take feedback on skills on how to tweak them back into "loving it". We can't do that process until we have updated the current skill balance batch. My biggest regret is this is happening in December and not early November as it is very busy time now.

#41 paranoid

paranoid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Location^ Up there.
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

Heim, does this patch include the changes on monsters EXP, or is that on another later patch?

#42 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

I believe it's on this patch.

#43 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

I hope Event WoEs run until the bugs are fixed and the skills are fixed as well.

#44 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

So are RK's getting the HP nerf on this patch?

#45 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

Were you the RK going charge attack->SB->HS->SB in like 2~3 seconds on sakray :P?

Yes.

So are RK's getting the HP nerf on this patch?

Yes.

Edited by SirDouglas, 12 December 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#46 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Because +12 immune nydhoggur and Cranial Neutral Shield amplify outgoing damage?

Welcome back.

#47 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

... However after the update we can then take feedback on skills on how to tweak them back into "loving it". ...

i just want to u do something about Dragon Howling ... i mean, i haven't see any RK use it since RK's come out, and already tested it on sakray, still useless

back on the topic, Zero ... really? haven't u tried HS in a orc warrior with a +10 kvm spear? 38k dmg on lvl 130 ... no buffs no gloomy, just aurablade+spear dynamo

also Crush Strike ~<3

Edited by LeonFlare, 12 December 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#48 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

No bugs of a showstopper nature were found (thank god) which will allow us to do 14.1 soon after. The RKs maybe were a bit out of wack with their huge damage from LK skills and HP mods, balance sometimes means having to cut back a bit. However after the update we can then take feedback on skills on how to tweak them back into "loving it". We can't do that process until we have updated the current skill balance batch. My biggest regret is this is happening in December and not early November as it is very busy time now.

It's like a whole new game. :P

#49 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

It's like a whole new game. :P

no is not Posted Image

#50 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

Rhydo rune = :thumb:
Hundred spear = :P
Clashing spiral = :D
Storm blast = :P
Enchant blade = :)

Yes, i'm happy about Enchant blade being a selfbuff skill, you can now buff yourself way faster because of it instead of wasting your time targeting yourself.

Hundred spear is only a bad version of CS pre-nerf. It cost more SP and a whole bunch of requirement, cost way more sp and its much weaker, this skill will be a joke in woe but it saves time for those that doesn't know how to gear switch so they'll just Rhydo Rune + hundred spears/sb.

I like the CS nerf because of the number of people which solely depends on this one skill. Seriously? What the hell is a DB/CS Build RK build? That means i'm a hybrid/AGI/DB/CS/IB/SB/DeathBound/SonicWave/etc RK build. Cs was only an overpowered skill in which depended on the weight of the weapon and easy to get.

Stormblast got nerfed a bit too much instead of changing /4 to /8 should've settled with /6 BUT what do I know? ;) An item that requires material is now weaker than ignition break.

And finally Rhydo Rune. :angel: Nothing much to say.

Edited by HRdevil, 12 December 2011 - 01:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users