Please for the love of God don't update with skill patch - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Please for the love of God don't update with skill patch

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

You were getting one shotted by RK's and RG's? xD Okay... I can't stop laughing now... carry on.

Rofl. You try getting hit by exceed break on a gx class. Im sure you aint no god. Nor a double belted sleiped Rk. A few of those runes will take anyone out. With the change at least you can out pot most damage now.

#77 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

Why play Rune Knight when Genetic and Shura are getting buffed? Genetic and shura were both OP before the patch and are even stronger after the patch.

Shura has GOH. Fist. Tiger cannon. KA. Snap. Gentle touch buffs.

Genetic has Acid Bomb. Hell Plant. Cart cannon.

No RK skill can compare to all of those.

This post bothers me. How is genetic being buffed? Hell plant's damage is being reduced, thorn traps can't be placed under people anymore, you can place fewer of them, howl of mandragora's success rate is plummetting top near 0% on VIT characters, and being cured by priests, and thorn wall's rapid hit-rate is being reduced substantially. The only potential buff to Gene I can fathom is maybe the -50% to players got removed from acid bomb (but the base damage of the skill went down by 1/4th-1/3rd) so its less useful against mvp but more useful in pvp. To me, it seems as though your attitude is base don not knowing much or anything at all about the balance patch? Please correct me if I am wrong there. Acid bomb did like 8-12k in WoE before, now its maybe 14k-20k. Not sure how that equates to Shura for you.

Cart cannon is weak as hell (less than 5k damage form non-godlies), if you are dying to that you are a baddie bad bad player and should have no voice over game balance.

Edited by Jaye, 13 December 2011 - 06:26 AM.

#78 FalboII

FalboII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro,Brazil
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

Why play Rune Knight when Genetic and Shura are getting buffed? Genetic and shura were both OP before the patch and are even stronger after the patch.

Shura has GOH. Fist. Tiger cannon. KA. Snap. Gentle touch buffs.

Genetic has Acid Bomb. Hell Plant. Cart cannon.

No RK skill can compare to all of those.

I don't give a-_- if these classes have powerful skill to use if the player don't know how use them.OP class? For me what have is who knows play and who don't know play.This is called Player Skill,if you don't know.

Edited by FalboII, 13 December 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#79 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

lol so we got a new generation of baddies. Before it was Gloomy CS + Bwing now its CS (Crush strike) + Bwing or run away when milenium shields wears off :P

Now Sir Doug knows what to do! >:[

#80 FalboII

FalboII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro,Brazil
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

Now Sir Doug knows what to do! >:[

They use now charge attack>bb>ib>sb, more fast and easy.

#81 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yeah Doug actually tries to do cool combos of charge attack, IB, SB, HS, I don't think he wants pvp to be boring by just one shotting people by poking them with an OP rune. Changing up your skills used and not relying on just one = player skill to me, in a way.

Edit: It's pretty comical seeing suras use pneumas now against GX due to CRS's crazy dmg.

Edited by Falcifer, 13 December 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#82 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

curious, how is pressing one button after another = skill? :P

Edited by LuxiLux, 13 December 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#83 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

You should all just deal with it like you always had, i like how lot of ppl say they are quitting but im sure they will still be here even after this happens :P

#84 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

By skill they mean that unlike many people who require an explanation, they learn to use other skills and items while in the cooldown of the first ones is running so they achieve maximum damage, instead of relying on a single strong move and complain when that single strong move is changed.

I don't know, it feels bad to explain the obvious ._.

Edited by Kadnya, 13 December 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#85 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Think about a fighting game. You press buttons to make combos, and that variety is called "skill".

Those people who thinks they can win with only one skill, the called "button mashers". They win, but they are pretty frowned upon the communities.

#86 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

If you don't have all 4 rows of hotkeys, you're a noob.

#87 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Think about a fighting game. You press buttons to make combos, and that variety is called "skill".

Those people who thinks they can win with only one skill, the called "button mashers". They win, but they are pretty frowned upon the communities.

Good analogy.

as far as fighting games go, that's called execution. There's also spacing, footsies, okizeme game, mixups, blocking, team synergy (if it's a team fighter), mobility control, meter management, matchup knowledge and various other things wich all relate to skill.

Button mashers don't know any of that, hence why you could compare a gloomy + CS Rune knight to a fighting game button masher. Very little actual knowledge of the game, but what they're doing will get them wins against bad players.

As opposed to playing a technical class like Mechanic, which requires you to think about so many different things.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 13 December 2011 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users