OMG is RO gonna die? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

OMG is RO gonna die?

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

heard from lots of people that their friends have quit RO because of the skill balance patch,and ive noticed that the people online has gone down ALOTTTT.so whats gonna happen next??? are the GM's concerned???

#2 radiogaga

radiogaga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

Yes.

#3 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hah, I just decided to play again.
I'm a bad omen, I kill games.

#4 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

OK, the balance patch ITS NOT BAD................... at all........... well at least for me the only problems are:

GX new damage

Sura still OP

NOW WE HAVE 2 CLASSES OP

Wanderer/Maestro are more usless= NERF

Un-necesary nerf to Sorcerer HP AND CAST TIME(NO BUFFS TO DPS) = NERF

Thats all for me-............

There wanst a real balance for the magic......... since mage/wiz/scholar/sage/hwiz/sorcerer still pathetic classes

#5 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

i believe it was bot broken after massive system patch.
no zeny bot sighted since the maintenance day.

Edited by razirazo, 15 December 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#6 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

Every class has its own time to shine.
When ppl feel their char is not as strong as it used to be, they become uncomfortable and rant.
I believe kRO do their best to balance this game, as imo this game is pvp/woe oriented. This kind of balance applies to all other MMORPG out there too.

It's korean game, you gotta enjoy the sprite cuteness more.

Edited by Kaiji, 15 December 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#7 leobut

leobut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Yea because of the balance update a TON of people are quiting. I'm debating it myself...

#8 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

I thought they were gonna adjust the balance patch after testing? Just make every class OP, then theres no problem

#9 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

...You know, I kinda wish it would just die. I've pretty much hated it since Renewal, but I can't quit >:.

#10 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

Unless they roll it back I'm thinking of quitting too. This wasn't so much a balance patch as a - lets nerf everything usefull patch.

#11 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Unless they roll it back I'm thinking of quitting too. This wasn't so much a balance patch as a - lets nerf everything usefull patch.

besides sura

#12 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

I believe kRO do their best to balance this game

I seriously want some of what ever you are smoking.

But at the OP. Most of the missing numbers are on Valk and it will be due to the bot farmers waiting for the latest version of 'that which shall not be named'. Yes, so far this patch has been rushed and things are pretty messed up (like this was not a suprize, as this pretty much always happens when we get a big patch), and we have lost the iRO customizations etc - however - it's still early days. Quitting now, before actually seeing the end result of how the balance patch plays out (especially in WoE where it really matters) is kind of mindless.

#13 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Well, just sayin.
I play the game becoz RO is cute, has great fantasy comical story backgroun.
If you quit of a single patch or changes, clearly, you're playing fr different reason.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

Well, just sayin.
I play the game becoz RO is cute, has great fantasy comical story backgroun.
If you quit of a single patch or changes, clearly, you're playing fr different reason.

How are you supposed to play a game where you can't even level your favorite character? Have you heard about the news where Wanderers were destroyed in this balance patch? That and among other things were simply changed to the point where other classes have to pretty much drop all of their equips in order to use a new build, because their previous one was rendered useless by this balance patch. The balance patch isn't just "a single patch," it's a collective of many balance changes that were implemented on kRO. It's a big change. We don't even have the latest balances from kRO even with this "balance patch."

You may play RO for the story and the kawaii factor of the sprites, but there are many who play it for the WoE aspects. Though I still play RO for all the things it has to offer...and the WoE changes with the classes really depresses me at the moment. You can't WoE effectively if you're not at a high level. You can't level efficiently if your class is ineffective at PvM due to these changes.

According to Heim, we're being given an opportunity to basically fine tune these balance updates. I'm concerned though, because kRO does have a running record of pretty much pissing us off. Even the GM's almost ran out of patience with kRO many times over.

Edited by GuardianTK, 16 December 2011 - 12:29 AM.

#15 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

I don't think people are quitting because of one bad patch, RO has certainly has its ups and downs in the last 8 years.

They're quitting because Renewal broke the game, and the promised fix we got (after 14 months!) just made the game worse outside of WoE. This is paired with kRO completely and utterly ignoring all requests from iRO the entire time. Now add in a healthy dose of "Since kRO will *never* accept a request from iRO, we can see everything that will happen in the next 18 months or so" and you can see why just about no one has actual hope that the game is going to improve.

The only reasons I'm still here is that basically nearly every other MMO in existence right now is a WoW clone. If there was another MMO that gave you as much control of character builds and had fast-paced strategic fights like pre-Renewal RO, I'd be out of here in a second. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't.

#16 gl101

gl101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

RO "will" die if they dont sort out this ballance skills, i mean GX damage are ridiculous and i dont see more players playing in Valkyrie recently so that just show the popularity drop

#17 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

• People whined that they were quitting when [add events from the past]
  • People whined that they were quitting when renewal got implemented.
  • People whined that they were quitting when [add events in between]
  • People whined that they were quitting when Balance patch got in.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

RO "will" die if they dont sort out this ballance skills, i mean GX damage are ridiculous and i dont see more players playing in Valkyrie recently so that just show the popularity drop

There are many bots/botters that were rendered useless through the GUI changes as well as the balance patches. So don't try to think the huge gap in population on the Valk server is because of the balance patch's popularity just yet. Plus, it's finals week for many schools.

#19 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

Every MMO is going to die sooner or later. RO is going to die rather sooner than later. But not yet.

#20 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

I won't miss those who ragequit because of the patch. Guess they aren't here for friends, or to enjoy the world of RO as it is, rather to be OP and own and show off or idontknow. People come and go, at least there will be that many less whiners around. Actually I hope they won't rant too long about ragequitting if there won't be a rollback (as there won't) but really quit, RO will be a better place without all those drama. Go on, we got the patch, we will get more in the future, that's how it goes. Get used to it. If you don't like it, this is not the game you want to play.

That said, the online people count went down, yes. I also noticed that. There are 2 reasons behind that. First they seem to began sweeping out bots at last. Just look around, and compare today's bot population with that of a few months ago! Guess that's at least 500-1000 online users less at a given time. Second it's the end of the years, and people in the age range who mostly play RO are having their finals, or doing the usual holiday things instead of hanging around in RO. That means another few hundred online users less.

I'm not necessarily correct, but we'll see in January. Anyways, i wouldn't say RO were dying, not at all. People were saying that for years, and we are still here.

Hah, I just decided to play again.
I'm a bad omen, I kill games.

See? Another "new" player. Welcome to RO! \o/

#21 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

No idea about the quitting ppl and the ppl who just came back but, the server select screen numbers shows sucky population... :glomp:

#22 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

well i cant speak for the people that quit but for the time being im not playing for a few reasons
1. balance patch doesnt seem polished enough to warrant play until they fix it (i wont pay for vip if its like im playing sakray)
2. to many people super leveling to 150 isnt an achievement anymore (if there was a way to turn off aura of 150's let me know because im sick of walking through a sea of blue.)
3. people on the forums are crazy (not everyone of course but it seems like no one really has anything great to say topics are getting locked alot and if i was a new member id think what in the heck did i get myself into.)
4. to much complaining about whats op and whats not
5. party play is dead (the allowance of duel clienting just killed it but thats my opinion, i dont really count ti as it really shouldn't be a part of this game.)
on a side note
there is no help for new players and the level gap now is tremendous if your a new player its gets harder and harder to find someone in level range unless you have a friend and have them make a new character.
(is it bad that i dont want to level any of my characters to 150 because i feel like its rarer to have one in the 130's then it is to have one 150)
this one bugs me a bit
whining will get you everywhere and that's annoying i understand you want to keep money rolling in but in the long run your killing the game catering to peoples needs all the time is not gonna get new business and in the long run the people you cater to are gonna get everything they need and either stop playing or stop paying.
thanks for listening again this is just my opinion and doesn't speak for everyone i will always give this game a chance but i can see that the road its heading down is dark. maybe at the end there is a light and if there is ill be waiting there to play again.

#23 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

2. to many people super leveling to 150 isnt an achievement anymore (if there was a way to turn off aura of 150's let me know because im sick of walking through a sea of blue.)

/aura

same command as it's always been for the last 8 or 9 years.

#24 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

/aura

same command as it's always been for the last 8 or 9 years.

doesnt work on the 150 aura for some reason still see the blue waves around the person

#25 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:56 AM

What people need to realize is that this is the first of several balance patches we're getting. So things aren't going to be balanced yet.
Also people have been crying " wah, this game is dying!" since I've stayed playing. And well its still hanging in there!
And while the nerfs to magic classes is ridiculous, I'm glad the gx got the buff it deserved. Im just confused why before people were like"buff the gx!", but now people are like "nerf the gx!". I feel bad for the gm's. Theres just no pleasing the ro community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users