OMG is RO gonna die? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

OMG is RO gonna die?

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#26 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

doesnt work on the 150 aura for some reason still see the blue waves around the person

There isn't a way to completely remove it, sadly.
However, the minimized one looks much, much better than the full-on bubble thing that they call an aura.

I played a game for 6 years... and when you get to 200, you have these swift winds rushing around your character and the earth is ripping up around you... muuuuuuch cooler and appears super powerful. Reminds me of DBZ <3
It sounds like it'd be too much animation (it's very simple-looking actually) but you can use auras as an 'emote' instead of it being constant. You just click the emote when you want it on, and it stays on until you click it off.

Edited by Okii, 16 December 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#27 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

doesnt work on the 150 aura for some reason still see the blue waves around the person

/aura has never completely gotten rid if the aura. For the 99 aura you can still see blue bubbles, and for the 150 aura you will see weird blue waves. I personally would prefer it to completely get rid of all traces of the aura, but something is better than nothing.

#28 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

/aura has never completely gotten rid if the aura. For the 99 aura you can still see blue bubbles, and for the 150 aura you will see weird blue waves. I personally would prefer it to completely get rid of all traces of the aura, but something is better than nothing.

/aura and /effect works for me.....

#29 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

Free to play games aren't kept alive by players.
They are kept alive by payers.
And there's always those few people that have more money than sense.
that's why mmo's like this have been "dieing" for years.

#30 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

SORRY BUT NO, the Payers....... you know why they pay? TO KILL THE PLAYERS XD....

really..... no joke, the free 2 play users are the main entertainment of the players that spend tons of heimdollars, thats why they are bots in games like gears of war, you need something to kill, and the bigger number of players are FREE 2 PLAY

no one would play a server with only 30 people on............

#31 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

SORRY BUT NO, the Payers....... you know why they pay? TO KILL THE PLAYERS XD....

really..... no joke, the free 2 play users are the main entertainment of the players that spend tons of heimdollars, thats why they are bots in games like gears of war, you need something to kill, and the bigger number of players are FREE 2 PLAY

no one would play a server with only 30 people on............

People who "invest" a lot of money in to games are often very reluctant to quit, even if they do run out of people to e-bully.

Sure if there are no free players the pay to winners might get bored and quit, but they are always the last ones hanging on, and at the end of the day companies look at their profit margin more than the number of players on the server.

Games like this can die, but because of people who pay to the bitter end they have a nice slow death.

#32 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

What people need to realize is that this is the first of several balance patches we're getting. So things aren't going to be balanced yet.
Also people have been crying " wah, this game is dying!" since I've stayed playing. And well its still hanging in there!
And while the nerfs to magic classes is ridiculous, I'm glad the gx got the buff it deserved. Im just confused why before people were like"buff the gx!", but now people are like "nerf the gx!". I feel bad for the gm's. Theres just no pleasing the ro community.

i completely agree with this. but as i said im not playing a beta version of a game especially if im paying for vip, it shouldn't take several patches to balance things when it looks like some members of the community already know what needs to be balanced. i wish the gm team had full reign over things like that and didn't have to go through KRO. i would love to see things implemented here that are in JRO and KRO that just havent been,like merchandising there isnt a piece of merchandise besides the DS game that you are able to pick up in the states by going to a 7 eleven or something but you take a look at JRO and they have advertisements for the game in circle k and stuff. and if there is then its limited like the arch bishop doll (which i wish i could get for my GF)
this game never really dies it just goes up and down thats why i never say im gonna quit but ill take a vacation from it.

#33 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

People who "invest" a lot of money in to games are often very reluctant to quit, even if they do run out of people to e-bully.

Sure if there are no free players the pay to winners might get bored and quit, but they are always the last ones hanging on, and at the end of the day companies look at their profit margin more than the number of players on the server.

Games like this can die, but because of people who pay to the bitter end they have a nice slow death.

in other words....... kro its milking the last of the cow by this insane kafra shop items becouse they are making finally a new milking franchise

Edited by sayoko, 16 December 2011 - 03:28 AM.

#34 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

I have said it before and I will say it again here.

The game Ragnarok Online (RO) wont die anytime soon (the number of p.servers are a living prove), it may probably out live my life time. But THIS server iRO will die, someday, just like euRO, oRO and others before it.

#35 Blueflight

Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

You've hit the nail on the head here Moonie. It's basically what I was about to write but worded more eloquently.

Other old MMOs like WoW and Runescape have also become the same and because of it their content suffers. Once the original crowd leaves the game's main source of revenue becomes the people who've spent too much money on it to quit and the new players that spend some cash then eventually end up quitting anyway. The Kafra Shop is the only true reason why this game is still alive.

In a way the old generation of MMOs are already dead because of this. If you're looking for some new, good and genuine MMO gaming experiences in 2012 go try out The Old Republic or Guild Wars 2. You won't find them here.

#36 iZooM

iZooM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

RO is not gonna die due to the fact it changes constantly and doesn't make things dull (New stuffs coming whether it be beneficial or not that contributes to some sort of player experience) e.g. stacking of EMB then suddenly the gm's changed the ratio to 2 embs per 10 rather than 1. Did this just bring you despair? or you learned something from it? As of the classes, I think they arent done in balancing it and they have announced that kRO is looking forward to another balance. You can quit for now or change your class since your class is kinda useless but nevertheless the bgm of prontera will keep you come back all over and over again :glomp: :glomp:

Edited by iZooM, 16 December 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#37 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:13 AM

While im some what alright with RGs nerfs. I feel sorry for the bard/dancer class always getting shafted. I like having the class around and i know why people play it but i can understand their grief when some idiots managing the patch[kRO] decide logic is a bad thing.

Capcom does this :glomp: as well. Giving its hand held UMVC3 a replay channel on the Vita and while the PS3/Xbox UMVC[the more important versions of the game] does not get a replay channel.

Who the-_- makes such retarded ass decisions?

#38 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

...You know, I kinda wish it would just die. I've pretty much hated it since Renewal, but I can't quit >:.

Ditto, although I have been avoiding playing as much as possible in the past few months. But I did have lots of fun playing it during the summer, even with renewal since a lot of the changes really were good for PvM (definitely not for WoE though), but now my favorite character is useless. I'm not sure how it's possible, but this game almost always seems to kill more and more of its player base with each major update.

#39 LangyLang

LangyLang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:59 AM

Nothing last forever!

However, I can see myself, my friends and my siblings quit playing when our VIP expires! We kept feelings like we are getting ripped!

We are paying with real money to buy a virtual item like the incarnation of morocc doll, making it a +9 because the way they advertise it sounded like it would be one of the good gear for leveling but it sucked so bad, and the laurel wreath is another flop. We are beaten down by the false advertisement!

#40 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

Unfortunately, a ton of people from my guild have quit. I'm trying to go everything I can to get them to stay here...but they are being pretty resistant. It is what it is...

#41 gicko

gicko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Renewal- Chaos

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

I understand the management team(iRO) that the balance patch doesnt came from them and its from kRO but almost everyone complains including my self lol about this patch and it only means that this patch is not too good for almost all the classes and not player helpful, I'm still hopeful that our beloved iRO staff will fix this problems and this patch is an enough reason to kill Ragnarok population. Well i think kRO dont know whats the real meaning of balance( overpowering and super nerfing)

#42 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

Looking forward to see the hordes of sh!TTY ass players leave.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

i believe it was bot broken after massive system patch.
no zeny bot sighted since the maintenance day.

There is this and we've had the help of a dedicated GM bot banner in the last month or so. Hundreds of bots are being removed daily, as seen here: http://forums.warppo...t-updated-1213/

We have a large number of people writing in that are encountering patching or permissions issues after the patch, which is pretty common.

We've had more advance warning of the contents of the patch prior to receiving it, so we knew that it would be controversial and would be changing things that a lot of people have been used to.

I should hope that the people who are leaving will come back eventually when things are sorted out, though it's unfortunate if people leave without expressing what they would have wanted to change. As you can see from the recent patches on kRO, there are ongoing patches being made to the skill updates being requested by their community as well-even they have to admit that there are changes necessary.

#44 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Also people have been crying " wah, this game is dying!" since I've stayed playing. And well its still hanging in there!

Not sure how long you've been playing, but compared to before:

2004: Posted Image
This is pretty much the entire server at a given time being on today.
2006: Posted Image
People actually vending everywhere in Pront

the game has been dying. Each "era" of RO there's less and less people. I couldn't find very many screenshots (especially the one of the Izlude bridge where it got jammed because there were too many people), but hopefully you get the idea... people are just nostalgic. Yes, it's "hanging in there," but that's not really a good thing. You used to be able to find people everywhere you went--orc village, S. pront, Louyang, etc.

#45 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

the game has been dying. Each "era" of RO there's less and less people. I couldn't find very many screenshots (especially the one of the Izlude bridge where it got jammed because there were too many people), but hopefully you get the idea... people are just nostalgic. Yes, it's "hanging in there," but that's not really a good thing. You used to be able to find people everywhere you went--orc village, S. pront, Louyang, etc.

I swear I could almost spot myself in the 2004 screen shot, I had screen shots of GM's in game Q&As and o boy was it packed, too bad those died with my hd.

I believe a server merge could give the player base a huge boost, and probably makes woe interesting again.

#46 DrMambo

DrMambo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

Game is a joke. It was pre-balance but now it truely is. The numbers are pathetic, barely beating out pservers. At this point iRO IS just another pserver now. It's just a fancy pserver with a marketing budget and a more streamlined and effective "donations" system, so players can pay to win. And just like a pserver they probably will just take their money and run once it becomes the only prudent option left to do.

It's obvious how the game is run now. They used to add stuff that they thought would be fun and entertain us.
Now it's just a business formula:

1. Intro new stuff/equip that people want and need KP to acquire/upgrade.
2. Eventually make that stuff super easy to acquire and upgrade through special "events", lucky boxes, and other KP dependent crap. Now everyone spends money, not just the rich people.
3. Now that most potential money has been made and everyone on the server already has what they want and/or are willing to pay for, nerf all that stuff that people worked and/or paid for.
4. Repeat.

They are just going to keep nerfing :glomp: because there's no money in keeping people happy. Because then everyone would just keep the same class/build/equips forever as it would remain good. If they don't nerf :glomp: they don't make money on you being forced to plan a new build, get new equip, or make a new character. Makes me sick.

#47 demihuman

demihuman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

This is always the same story ever since renewal.. Many might quit, but they'll still come back just you wait:) and new players are gonna pop out too.. :glomp:

#48 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

I think this was said very well.

#49 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

I swear I could almost spot myself in the 2004 screen shot, I had screen shots of GM's in game Q&As and o boy was it packed, too bad those died with my hd.

I believe a server merge could give the player base a huge boost, and probably makes woe interesting again.

Haha, I'm the huntress sitting to the left with the pirate bandanna. Not sure why I have purple hair as it was a St. Patrick's event...
Server merge... between Valkyrie & the premium servers? I think a lot of people would rage about the bots that would come with that merge. Doubt it's going to happen. Some people like having no one on the server so they can manipulate it.

#50 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

We've had more advance warning of the contents of the patch prior to receiving it, so we knew that it would be controversial and would be changing things that a lot of people have been used to.

Sorry Oda, but Gravity/iRO has badly screwed up this time with the roll out of this patch. Even more so with the advance warning you mention, there is ZERO reason for so much stuff to have slipped though. You should have launched with the iRO customizations put back in, or at the very least made some kind of statement regarding there re-implementation before this went live. But to be honest, I just think iRO forgot to request this from the kRO devs in the rush to get this rolled out. Had we had a proper test on Sakray before going live on the mains none of this would have happened. To make things worse, issues like not being able to use skills or items on a map for 60 seconds is a complete joke, how on earth you guys let this get though is beyond me? Again, this was plainly evident in the rushed Sakray test, yet you went live on the mains knowing crap like this was messed up in the patch and that pretty shoddy service.

While I do think its way too early for people to start quitting over the balance patch, I think that iRO needs to take some responsibility regarding the -_-ty way this was rolled out. What do you think the reaction would have been to this if the servers were still premium subscription based? Also Im not sure why Im paying to be VIP to do 'your testing' for you?

The main thing here though is the complete lack of communication regarding all of this from your self or Heim in any of the bug fixing threads in the Balance Patch section - when right now it would be totally in your best interests to put the communities mind at ease that these bugs 'have' been noted and are being 'fixed'. If people don't see this, they are going to assume the game is broken, and walk away.

Edited by lainee, 16 December 2011 - 10:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users