Gutek's Paladin Compendium - Page 2 - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Gutek's Paladin Compendium

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Make a level 25 alt and go to hookah, you'll see.

Actually, I've soloed hookah at level 20 with just RP, aerial combo launch, and cutdown, so I fail to see what you're taking about.

I think they changed pve a little bit but I doubt it would be anything noticeable >__>

When was the last time you actually got "hit" in pve? Lol

Actually, you need ~215 evade at level 65 to make level 69 B7 mobs miss you 100%; I tested it out myself.

#27 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Actually, I've soloed hookah at level 20 with just RP, aerial combo launch, and cutdown, so I fail to see what you're taking about.

Since you've missed out on hookah MM party, I'll enlighten you with the details.

Some people are god aweful in pve. For example, spamming x on razor crab, proceeding to die, and whining about how tricksters have terrible skills.

In the end, I went through hookah alone just like you.

#28 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

Since you've missed out on hookah MM party, I'll enlighten you with the details.

Some people are god aweful in pve. For example, spamming x on razor crab, proceeding to die, and whining about how tricksters have terrible skills.

In the end, I went through hookah alone just like you.

I x spammed the razor crabs for optimal dps since everything else doesn't combo correctly. I don't see what's wrong with it. In any case, my point is that it doesn't matter what your build is; you can still do well in PvE.

Edited by Yurai, 06 September 2010 - 05:38 PM.

#29 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

I x spammed the razor crabs for optimal dps since everything else doesn't combo correctly. I don't see what's wrong with it. In any case, my point is that it doesn't matter what your build is; you can still do well in PvE.

For example, spamming x on razor crab, proceeding to die, and whining about how tricksters have terrible skills.

I'm talking about people who take all the dmg and dying. Not everyone is smart enough to know when your hp goes 0, you die.

My point is, some people need to be taught how to do well in PvE.

#30 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

I'm talking about people who take all the dmg and dying. Not everyone is smart enough to know when your hp goes 0, you die.

My point is, some people need to be taught how to do well in PvE.

That is completely irrelevant to the purpose of the thread. OP feels that a skill build is necessary to do well in PvE; I'm merely stating otherwise. Even with a skill build, if they have no idea what to do, they're still going to be terrible at it. There is simply no need to go into a complex skill analysis for the sake of PvE.

Edited by Yurai, 06 September 2010 - 05:47 PM.

#31 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

That is completely irrelevant to the purpose of the thread. OP feels that a skill build is necessary to do well in PvE; I'm merely stating otherwise. Even with a skill build, if they have no idea what to do, they're still going to be terrible at it.

It is relevant to this thread as a person of your status may know how to PvE well with the wrong skill build but to a newcomer, they wouldn't PvE well without the "proper" skills.

That was what I wanted to point out but I digressed like I always do :/

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 06 September 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#32 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAt your nearest Starbucks

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

K Dragonica is still in its infancy, still people find comfort in guides. IAH does it, potato does it, THQ did it. There iss always someone who won't know something. Rather then address the issue now when its faceroll how about we help make something that can be edited in the future if there ever is a patch that asks for more skill?

#33 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

K Dragonica is still in its infancy, still people find comfort in guides. IAH does it, potato does it, THQ did it. There iss always someone who won't know something. Rather then address the issue now when its faceroll how about we help make something that can be edited in the future if there ever is a patch that asks for more skill?

If there ever is a patch that asks for more skill, it will be concerning a new boss; thus, people will create guides specifically for downing such a boss, assuming it exists. If you want to PvE, you can simply follow a PvP build and end up with the same core skills maxed, or left at the same levels.

Edited by Yurai, 06 September 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#34 JoeDizzle

JoeDizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationPonyville, Equestria
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:The only one?

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Or you can be a baller and get mass amounts of the capsules that give you 1 skill point. Not that newcomers can do that or anything. :p_omg:

#35 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Lv 1 Armor Break = -200 Defense
Lv 5 Armor Break = -600 Defense

If a person doesn't have a high defense, it'll make a huge difference on your damage. I would make it lv 5.

Sir, this is a PvE thread. We don't kill people in PvE, besides Farrel and Paris. There is no point in using armor break when PvE = kill everything with 1 crosscut, broomjab, or bear.

#36 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

When you started an MMO, not just dragonica, do you look at guides? From personal experience whenever i start a new MMO or game i always look up basic guides that i can at least get a feel for. What if someone is on the fence on whether to make a Glad or a Knight? Haven't you ever been on the fence about a class and read a guide and went wow i want to be that. It provides comfort for players and if you think otherwise then you do not need to be posting in this thread.

But we can still be fwends :3

#37 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

That is completely irrelevant to the purpose of the thread. OP feels that a skill build is necessary to do well in PvE; I'm merely stating otherwise. Even with a skill build, if they have no idea what to do, they're still going to be terrible at it. There is simply no need to go into a complex skill analysis for the sake of PvE.

^ This pls

#38 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

And i am merely arguing your point. yes its true people can do bad even when you tell them what works. But at the same time not telling them anything will also end up making then screw up also? And im not trying to go into a complex skill analysis at all. All i am merely doing/wanting to do is provide the facts about the Dragoon Class. Shouldn't newbies also know that masteries are useless? Shouldn't newbies know what a skill does personally before wasting points into it? I just want to provide a wide variety of builds for people who do not know what they want nor know what direction they want to take. I'm just asking for insight so people can just look at something and not go where is the validity in this? I personally just want to help people so that there wont be bunches of threads asking on what to do. I'm not saying that your wrong, im just supporting my point. While your argument seems more like your bashing me.

Edited by Gutek, 06 September 2010 - 07:41 PM.

#39 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

An i an merely arguing your point. yes its true people can do bad even when you tell them what works. But at the same time not telling them anything will also end up making then screw up also? And im not trying to go into a complex skill analysis at all. All i am merely doing/wanting to do is provide the facts about the Dragoon Class. Shouldn't newbies also know that masteries are useless? Shouldn't newbies know what a skill does personally before wasting points into it? I just want to provide a wide variety of builds for people who do not know what they want nor know what direction they want to take. I'm just asking for insight so people can just look at something and not go where is the validity in this? I personally just want to help people so that there wont be bunches of threads asking on what to do. I'm not saying that your wrong, im just supporting my point. While your argument seems more like your bashing me.

If they're going for PvE only, they might as well dump points into mastery since there's no other skills to use. If you're not going to do that, then you might as well follow a real PvP build, rather than these pseudo-builds.

#40 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

If they're going for PvE only, they might as well dump points into mastery since there's no other skills to use. If you're not going to do that, then you might as well follow a real PvP build, rather than these pseudo-builds.

Ok, then go make a thread and post that and leave it like that and leave this thread knowing you did things your way. Until then please let me do what i believe will benefit the community, If i feel as if i see alot of people say they need something, like a resource and people direct them to a guide then i will do things my way. Kinda the point of having a forum to have multiple opinions and saying one is anymore useless than another.

#41 DirtyClaw

DirtyClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

i dink since u only pve... mite azz well get sword amstery 4 more dmg........ nt like u will use any other skill ezept crozzcut n bear n broom n sb

#42 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

i dink since u only pve... mite azz well get sword amstery 4 more dmg........ nt like u will use any other skill ezept crozzcut n bear n broom n sb

Not trying to offend you or anything but can you try to spell correctly?

#43 DirtyClaw

DirtyClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

y? is der a law dat seys i hav 2 spel correctly? y u so picky? r u inslting my weight??? cuz i on my ipod phone n my finger 2 big... so i hve to skip sum or elze it take 2 long..........

#44 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

y? is der a law dat seys i hav 2 spel correctly? y u so picky? r u inslting my weight??? cuz i on my ipod phone n my finger 2 big... so i hve to skip sum or elze it take 2 long..........

unlss u dun wun uther pplz 2 undrstnd wut ur tryin 2 say, u culd @ least try 2 spll tings corectly. i hve 2 read ur pst 3 4 tmes 2 get undrstnd wut ur tryin 2 say.

(Unless you don't want other people to understand what you're trying to say, you could at least try to spell things correctly. I have to read your post 3 or 4 times to get understand what you're trying to say.)

#45 DirtyClaw

DirtyClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

if ur nt smart enuf 2 figur it out, den i dun care if u dun understand....?? LOLzzzz who u dink u r??

#46 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

if ur nt smart enuf 2 figur it out, den i dun care if u dun understand....?? LOLzzzz who u dink u r??

Funny how you relate being smart and reading your writing.

#47 DirtyClaw

DirtyClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

wen did i sey i was smart?? wen did i sey i wasnt?? bsides dis is typing not writing. like i sed, i dun care if u dun like it so stop complaning... show me rule were it seys i hve 2 type in perfect engilsh.. den i will..

Edited by DirtyClaw, 06 September 2010 - 08:10 PM.

#48 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

You know with proper grammar and spelling people might actually find you reasonable. Until then.....um well...i don't know.

#49 DirtyClaw

DirtyClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

ok well if u dun wan my input, den i wont. very simpel... btw ur grammar n spelling not proper either....

#50 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

ok well if u dun wan my input, den i wont. very simpel... btw ur grammar n spelling not proper either....

Say that after you get to the middle school level of grammar and spelling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users