December 20 Maintenance/time gap issues - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

December 20 Maintenance/time gap issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
893 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

December 20th Maintenance

We've been having reoccuring time gap issues at approximately 35-38 minutes past the hour regularly since the servers came up in the late morning. The IT Team is working on a solution, for the time being WoE is not cancelled (it would require a maintenance that we do not have the personnel in-office to do this) today it will be considered a practice run.

Your patience is appreciated as these are being worked on. We will be doing a mini-maint on Thursday to address any issues discovered with 14.1.

14.1 is implemented, with it 13.3 Cards are implemented!

• Cards are dropped by everything up to Bradium Golems and Hell Apocalypse Cards. We will make a full listing of the cards tomorrow on the update page.
  • Enriched Hammer returns to Eden Group. **
  • Christmas Holiday Box becomes trade and vendable.
  • Early Wrapped Christmas Gift becomes trade and vendable.
  • 1 Turnin will be made active for all level ranges, Reset Stone use has a 3 hour delay between reset stones.
    70-95 Soliders Turtle Dungeon 2
    90-110 Ground Deleter Magma 2
    105-120 Ancient Mummy Moc pyramid 6
    115-130 Ferus Abyss 1
    125-140 Centipede Dicastes Field 1
    135-150 Rake Scaraba Dicastes Dungeon 2
  • Christmas event of quirkiness will go in (please take it in the spirit of humor it is intended for)
  • Event WoEs will get put in for the first week.
  • Reset Stone Delays on Gramps will be reduced from 23 hours to something like 3 or 4.
  • Starting the load up for 14.1 on the Live servers (items that are thoroughly tested to be working)
  • Many maps in the game will get their attributes re looked at based on your reports to get them to have proper skills and items available.
  • Many NPCs when they send playes someplace may have been causing the skill use delay of 60 seconds, this is being fixed in as many places as we can find, we may miss a few but the PVP, summoner, gramps, kafras should all work.
  • Skill cast times are being addressed, we are likely going to utilize our old list of changes to cast time as the "likely edits" to be made.
  • Lord of Death hat, Will no longer multiply your damageby 500% when using an Abyss Knight card with it.
  • Boxter is in 1000 Brownie points for a new Christmas Holiday Pack
    Party Hard Pack : 1200 pt
    Early Wrapped Christmas Box : 2000 pt
    Skull Cap[1] : 1500
    Black Glasses[1] : 1500
    Garuda Hat[1] : 1500
    Ninja Scroll : 1500
    Umbala Spirit : 1500
    Rideword Hat[1] : 1500
    Mini Glasses[1] : 1500
    Sunglasses[1] : 1500
    Glasses[1] : 1500
    Gelato_Hat[1] : 600
    Lord of Death Helm[1] : 600
    Battle Manual X3 : 150pt
    Pty Assumptio Scroll : 13pt
    Pty Blessing Scroll : 20pt
    Pty Increase Agi Scroll : 20pt
    Slotting Advertisement : 300pt
    Safe to 7 Headgear Certificate : 100 pt
    Safe to 7 Armor Certificate : 100 pt
    Safe to 7 Weapon Certificate : 100 pt
    Mystical Card Album : 900 pt
    Class Set Card Album : 500 pt
    Weather Report Box : 600pt
    +20 Basic Food Box : 400pt
    Fencer Scroll 10 : 30pt
    Job Battle Manual : 70 pt
    HE Bubble Gum : 80 pt
    Mental Potion : 45 pt
    Reset Stone : 50 pt
    Giant Flywing : 1 pt
  • Skills are getting the iRO specific changes
    Specific exclusions such as Highness Heal is not being adjusted nor is Howling Mandragora. Their new times are more balanced than pre June, so we are holding out on changing them.
    In general shorter cast times for 2nd and lower class skills.
  • New Headgears for the Holiday Season
    Bell Ribbon
    Santa Poring Hat
    [Costume]Blue Christmas Cheer
  • Santa Is looking for Socks with Holes in them to give you Gift Boxes!
  • Also Louise Carol is handing out Red Bags so you can look like Santa!
  • Santa Porings and Antonios are out and about as well.

** Enriched hammer has not been updated in the way I wish I could have done. It is my project tonight, but unfortunately he doesn't have an equipment eating method yet. But so many of you were requesting he return, so Merry Christmas!
Please report any bugs to the fungineers or your mods, they will promptly get ahold of myself or Oda, unfortunately year end is going to sap my time so life is going to be made of bug fixing, event making and document writing. But the Volunteers have done a good job of keeping things reported and I hope it continues. I am grateful for all of your patience while we power through these last 2011 updates, I know it feels a bit chaotic but things will start to settle and get moving forward in cool directions!

#2 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

I like the turn in idea! :P Then everyone gets in on double exp.

If I read it right, its then just one 400 count instead of 2-4?

Edited by Fluffylovr, 19 December 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#3 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Skill cast times are being addressed, we are likely going to utilize our old list of changes to cast time as the "likely edits" to be made.

:P

sound's good to me.

#4 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Will granny boxter be making an appearance?

#5 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Starting the load up for 14.1 on the Live servers (items that are thoroughly tested to be working)

So it's not gonna be tested on Sakray at all? (Since like, we still can't access any of the maps.)

#6 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

the new ti set up sounds horrible

a. bm'ing a ti won't be worth it. watch bm sales go down
b. 3-4 hr cooldown? sucks. i don't want to switch chars back and forth and regear.
c. so a made party is set. does kill count. ok 3-4 hour cooldown so let's switch to other characters. oh wait. now we're missing this vital class (ex. ab's all on cooldown and no one else has an ab to play)

reconsider it, please. i dont even think a lot of people wanted it this way of a 3-4 hour cooldown. at least i don't recall a lot of people saying why it'd be better. they said they want to switch between chars and then i pointed out it sucks to gear and regear so they may have changed their minds.

i can guarantee this sucks. who wants to walk all over a map to kill one monster only and get exp reward for that only? reconsider it please. sounds bad.

so what if each level range can do a ti each week? unless the monster count is upped (800 monsters but then that pretty much guarantees a bm wont last the entire hunt and the ti) the reward isn't worth the bm.

Edited by AimeeZ, 19 December 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#7 Jeminice

Jeminice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAl De Baran

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

I'm used to this 1 reset stone per day. Why change? Awwwww!! :P

Edited by Jeminice, 19 December 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#8 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

the new ti set up sounds horrible

a. bm'ing a ti won't be worth it. watch bm sales go down
b. 3-4 hr cooldown? sucks. i don't want to switch chars back and forth and regear.

reconsider it, please. i dont even think a lot of people wanted it this way of a 3-4 hour cooldown. at least i don't recall a lot of people saying why it'd be better. they said they want to switch between chars and then i pointed out it sucks to gear and regear so they may have changed their minds.

i can guarantee this sucks. who wants to walk all over a map to kill one monster only and get exp reward for that only? reconsider it please. sounds bad.

so what if each level range can do a ti each week? unless the monster count is upped (800 monsters but then that pretty much guarantees a bm wont last the entire hunt and the ti) the reward isn't worth the bm.

Solution: Don't use a BM. Leveling wasn't meant to be handed on a silver platter, be thankful there is TI at all.

#9 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

^ good thing i took care most of my leveling. i'll let the other people who didn't abuse ti's as much as i did complain i guess. they were certainly complaining enough in other threads.

currently, rach sanct ti is like 8m if i do base only. if it's only one monster, it's 4m. it's 4m period with no bm. um... i think most people at this point would prefer to solo already thus killing the supposed goal of making ro more party friendly.

Edited by AimeeZ, 19 December 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#10 Jeminice

Jeminice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAl De Baran

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Solution: Don't use a BM. Leveling wasn't meant to be handed on a silver platter, be thankful there is TI at all.

So what's the point on implementing BM if you are not going to use it because of this funny changes over cool down?

#11 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

I think it would be good for this game to get back where it was, leveling at places like rachel sanc without a TI where levels felt earned and not served. :P

#12 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

So what's the point on implementing BM if you are not going to use it because of this funny changes over cool down?

I leveled my wanderer to 150 using manuels while normal training. They were out before these TI's came out and weren't expected to have a turn in to come with them, does anyone remember that? Say.. 6 months ago when i joined? TI's are still new and I don't understand why people EXPECT them now because their precious manuels.

#13 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

I am confused by the one turn in for all ranges?

Does this mean like there will be a turn in for lvl 70-90 91-110 111-125 etc. Cus I dont see how it could be one type of turn in for everyone due level gap stuff with monsters.

#14 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

• Starting the load up for 14.1 on the Live servers (items that are thoroughly tested to be working)[

Why is this happenning when it didn't even reach Sakray for testing? =(

Edited by Clogon, 19 December 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#15 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Please bring back the recycle NPC?

#16 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

imo, might as well get rid of ti if it's going to be changed this much.

actually, what i can see happening (and what i'll probably do) is:
pick up the new ti each week. do the kill count. don't turn it in. repeat for several weeks for each character. turn like 10+ ti all at once on bmx3
the 150/50s i have will do the ti for emb which will be turned in for reset stones which will be used for god seal resets (not gramps reset)

still hoping for this:
each week any level range can do ti
each week, will be 2+ monsters for each level range (cause any less will make bm not worth it) (if bm isn't worth it, then what's the point of making a fast group kill party... might as well solo it so too bad for classes that relied on group ti parties)
make it back to 23 hour cooldown with or without resettable timer or one reset per 23 hour timer

#17 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

also if everyone its on same map i hope u increase respawns, many ppl on same map will be laggy and not many monster to kill if respawn is not enough, many parties are gonna get mad and will KS badly :blaugh:
if they do something like the last pre-renewal acidus TI would be cool (talking about spawns not exp xD) :P

#18 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

still hoping for this:
each week any level range can do ti
each week, will be 2+ monsters for each level range (cause any less will make bm not worth it) (if bm isn't worth it, then what's the point of making a fast group kill party... might as well solo it so too bad for classes that relied on group ti parties)
make it back to 23 hour cooldown with or without resettable timer or one reset per 23 hour timer

I really think they should just choose a few maps each week and 2x or 3x's its spawn so parties in share can get together and rack up the experience. Can use a manuel while doing so if desired, and doesn't have people leaving as soon as their "400" count is over, rather hang out make great friends and level at the same time. I believe that was the point of turn in's. I feel its more, "Hi, kill this for me." and never talk again, unless on rare occasion they add you as friend and ask you to come join another turn in. That's just an idea though (:

#19 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

December 20th Maintenance

Reset Stone Delays on Gramps will be reduced from 23 hours to something like 3 or 4.

Just Terrible... it was fine twice a day... :P

#20 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

So BMs are only for TI's you say? Wow... The more you know...

#21 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Old Loki

Sakray is a test server, yet hardly any testing has been done. GMs I get you think you know what your doing but please listen to your user base before jumping gaps that havent actually happened.

#22 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

So BMs are only for TI's you say? Wow... The more you know...

ya because my saying "watch bm sales go down" = bm sale goes to nothing.
there's a difference between the two, you know. but then you said it best with "the more you know..."

#23 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

http://goo.gl/TLev8 ~

#24 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

Christmas event of quirkiness will go in (please take it in the spirit of humor it is intended for)

Lemme guess, that's the kRO one? So... mine will really come next week, not this week? q.q

#25 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

is there 2x exp for 60k likes?

nm answered : it will

Edited by Andini, 19 December 2011 - 06:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users