December 20 Maintenance/time gap issues - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

December 20 Maintenance/time gap issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
893 replies to this topic

#51 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

Soo not all off 14.1 is being implemented? :P
I'm a bit confused as to what exactly is being put in. Will we be able to do quests/fight monsters?

#52 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

Okay I want to focus on leveling Warlock, and not a bunch of my other characters atm, so I'm all for lowering the reset delay but then nerfing the count to only 1 type of monster on top of making it all level ranges? I'm skeptical as to how this'll work and whether it's going to end up meaning I play even less now than I did when they nerfed turn ins to twice a day...but again I'm sure this is due to the GM's trying to adhere to a community that is completely contradicting in opinions. Whatever, we'll see what happens~

As for 14.1 it's pretty clear. They are implementing the new items to be introduced that have already gone through vigorous testing. So like maybe the new class specific gear and/or whatever other items are being added with 14.1.

Edited by Skotios, 19 December 2011 - 10:48 PM.

#53 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

boxter please heim

#54 RubberDucky

RubberDucky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Boxter boxter!!

#55 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

There will be boxter.

The delay will be 1 time immediately after turnin you can reset.

3 hours after that another reset can happen.

As for what contents on 14.1, the stuff listed on the website is what we are shooting for.

Professional testers = the Q and A team testing with our files rather than their own (unlike normal). The skill update wsa a much bigger pain and had more room for things going wrong, that is launched and these side things are not as much a problem.

#56 MrZeroPing

MrZeroPing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

I really hope that Boxter will be accepting items that were featured in the Thanksgiving Lucky Pack. Please.

#57 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

You guys should do the Christmas event from like, 6 or so years ago. Anyone remember the one where you could get married in Lutie for half price and it'd spawn a buttload of the Toy Factory mobs on you and occasionally a Stormy Knight? That was the best Christmas event imo.

#58 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

• â?¢1 Turnin will be made active for all level ranges, so there will be NO gap in levels after 70..

Try pick a map that have no mvp, I don't want my party got whack each time we see it.
We are doing Turnin, not part-time MVP hunt full-time Turnin.

#59 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:58 AM

There will be boxter.

The delay will be 1 time immediately after turnin you can reset.

3 hours after that another reset can happen.

Say for example you do TI 'now' and then reset immediately and do TI again. If you dont use a reset stone do you need to wait 23 hours after the first TI you did or the second one?

I'm just thinking of the scenario of say i do TI today and reset, im now doing TI (2nd one) an hour later than i normally do. Roll on tomorrow and if its 23 hours from the 2nd TI, suddenly I simply dont have time to do a 2nd TI meaning its more of a "once a week" thing for resetting instead of something i can do each day.

For those of us that only have 1-2 hours a day they can play after work/school/etc before other priorities kick in. Its why I'm in favor of the 23 hour window being reduced a 'bit' to like 20-22 hours. Nobody is going to do the TI more frequently if its 20 hours (you'd have to mess up your sleep pattern for an entire week just to do a single extra TI). I mean there mightbe one hardcore RO'er out there, but odds are that person is already 150/50 on everything they play anyway.

Edited by Hrothmund, 20 December 2011 - 05:00 AM.

#60 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

:P

sound's good to me.

i agree, the iRO changes we made is a great place to start in terms of doing our own rebalancing im sure alot of players would agree

#61 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

i agree, the iRO changes we made is a great place to start in terms of doing our own rebalancing im sure alot of players would agree

that, and they really need to put the Charlie moustache in the Kafra shop, and all will be right for Christmas. :P

#62 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

Thanks Heim good stuff!

Can we expect "new" iRO skills custom changes in a near future? (Not this maintenance obviously)

#63 paranoid

paranoid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Location^ Up there.
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

1 Turnin will be made active for all level ranges, so there will be NO gap in levels after 70.

Does this mean there won't be normal TIs for this week?

#64 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hey- Could you confirm whether or not we are getting the 14.1 cards (like are they going to drop from the monsters now) with this update/maintenance as well? see: http://forums.warppo...e-34-new-cards/

#65 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

Does this mean there won't be normal TIs for this week?

um. there might not be any more "normal TIs". heim said in another thread he wanted to change ti's to the way he's posting as today's maint change.
it'll be fun. one monster ti for each level. enough to make 1/4th a reset stone. probably not worth bm'ing. but at least each level range can do something each week. and resettable 3-4 hours so you have to gear and ungear and look for new party members to fill the void. must be good given the amount of people not liking my original post. guess heim's proposed change is way more popular than i gave it credit for.

i'm curious about the level range. heim did say no overlap of level ranges right, and it's starting after 70? 71-86. 87-102. 103-118. 119-134. 135-150.

#66 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

The TI is probably how it should've been when it started, but I still can't help but feel a bit disappointed in going from 2 turn-in per tier to 1 turn-in per tier. Mainly because it takes about the same amount of time to get 400 kills on two monsters as it is to get 400 kills on a single monster >_>

#67 Randalf

Randalf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

The TI is probably how it should've been when it started, but I still can't help but feel a bit disappointed in going from 2 turn-in per tier to 1 turn-in per tier. Mainly because it takes about the same amount of time to get 400 kills on two monsters as it is to get 400 kills on a single monster >_>

Not if they increase the spawn from 120 of the quest monster to 240! (Hint hint)

#68 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Here comes Thors Mr.135-150s XD!

Edited by ZeoKenX, 20 December 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#69 paranoid

paranoid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Location^ Up there.
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

@AimeeZ I see, well, I had no idea about that change. Can you point me to that thread/post?
edit: Found it, first post lmao.

Edited by paranoid, 20 December 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#70 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

i already posted the link earlier in this thread. feel free to look for it

hey heim!
suggestion: for the rest of the 2011 year, keep the ti's as is. as an xmas gift, make this week's ti (and next week's) the best of the best. juperos, magma, bio2 or scaraba 2, scaraba 1, etc.
make all levels for both weeks. either infintiely resettable or one time resettable or never resettable.

then starting in 2012, the new year, do the ti change. new year, new ti structure.
sounds good right? do it! do it! (please)

#71 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

It's not an iRO Christmas without the crystals.

#72 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

and santa porings/antiono

#73 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

put the baby santa poring hat again.

that helm was so cute

#74 rodi23

rodi23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

What about the balanced patch reset npc? It will continue?

Edited by rodi23, 20 December 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#75 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

till January 5th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users