December 20 Maintenance/time gap issues - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

December 20 Maintenance/time gap issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
893 replies to this topic

#26 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

I like the way the turn in just after renewal was done.

Anyone remember that? Anubis and Dragons, the monsters on the map gave no exp, so no share was needed, just the quest and kill count. I'm assuming this week will have that same set up?

#27 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

Why is this happenning when it didn't even reach Sakray for testing? =(

im getting the feeling not very many people test on Sakray so they just say ef it and implement it on main server's so the majority can find the bugs.

#28 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

Sakray was for you to see the update. The update has been in professional testing since October. The stuff going on with it are not that complex and we've been puttering with these scripts for seemingly years now.. Delaying update until january 4th only hurts the game more because we have to do launch something before end of the year or we miss the entire marketing push. Besides we plan on putting enough things in this week that you won't get around to going to Mora or the Bifrost until next week or so.

#29 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

We did not have time to make our own Xmas event.. I am disappointed in that but the update has to take ultimate priority.

#30 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bring Enriched hammer back :P :blaugh: :angel: :dunno: :thumb: :bow: :P ;) :bow:

#31 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

What exactly is the reason behind the change of the TI structure? If you play your cards right, you should never miss a TI anyway. And reducing the number of monsters to hunt, why? Most maps have 2 monsters of a high population, wouldn't it make sense to have a quest for both of them, rather than just one?

#32 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

I was hoping for more quests. Like a lot of fun holiday quests. And me getting my twin pom thing I always wanted.

#33 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

We did not have time to make our own Xmas event.. I am disappointed in that but the update has to take ultimate priority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo

Nah, seriously... I was prepared to this... it's a shame, really, but if it comes in next week (even though it's after x-mas...) I'm satisfided ._.

#34 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

I blame kRO for sandbagging for months

#35 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

Sakray was for you to see the update. The update has been in professional testing since October. The stuff going on with it are not that complex and we've been puttering with these scripts for seemingly years now.. Delaying update until january 4th only hurts the game more because we have to do launch something before end of the year or we miss the entire marketing push. Besides we plan on putting enough things in this week that you won't get around to going to Mora or the Bifrost until next week or so.

Mind explaining "professional testing"?

#36 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

so what does all this jabbering mean are we getting the 14.1 patch tomorrow or not? and what does partial mean if not?

#37 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

imo, might as well get rid of ti if it's going to be changed this much.

make it back to 23 hour cooldown with or without resettable timer or one reset per 23 hour timer

Depends what Heim means because it's not very clear.

Currently, its take TI quest, use a reset stone to take quest again, then wait 23 hours.

does this change mean

take TI quest, use a reset stone to take the quest again, then wait 3 or 4 hours before using another reset stone.

or

take TI quest, then can't use a reset stone for 3 or 4 hours to take the quest again

Edited by lainee, 19 December 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#38 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

No event for xmas? :P

Can we have crystals at least? Or something like that?

#39 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Depends what Heim means because it's not very clear.

Currently, its take TI quest, use a reset stone to take quest again, then wait 23 hours.

does this change mean

take TI quest, use a reset stone to take the quest again, then wait 3 or 4 hours before using another reset stone.

or

take TI quest, then can't use a reset stone for 3 or 4 hours to take the quest again

As far as I can have decifered its take ti, reset as soon as you're done, then reset again in 3-4 hours. Which is why hes only giving one monster, so everyone can benefit and reset to do it over n over if they so wish. :P Which is why I am happy with the decision. However if you cannot use the first reset stone for 4 hours after, I will not be so happy. :blaugh:

#40 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

December 20th Maintenance

• Christmas Holiday Box becomes trade and vendable.
  • Early Wrapped Christmas Gift becomes trade and vendable.
  • 1 Turnin will be made active for all level ranges, so there will be NO gap in levels after 70.
  • Christmas event of quirkiness will go in (please take it in the spirit of humor it is intended for)
  • Event WoEs will get put in for the first week.
  • Reset Stone Delays on Gramps will be reduced from 23 hours to something like 3 or 4.
  • Starting the load up for 14.1 on the Live servers (items that are thoroughly tested to be working)
  • Many maps in the game will get their attributes re looked at based on your reports to get them to have proper skills and items available.
  • Many NPCs when they send playes someplace may have been causing the skill use delay of 60 seconds, this is being fixed in as many places as we can find, we may miss a few but the PVP, summoner, gramps, kafras should all work.
  • Skill cast times are being addressed, we are likely going to utilize our old list of changes to cast time as the "likely edits" to be made.
  • Lord of Death hat, may have something needing fixing, if reports are accurate.

I love this
I love this so hard

#41 Shippoh

Shippoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

Merry Xmas =(

#42 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hey Hiem, does one of these updates in 14.1 update the skill descriptions in game also?

#43 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

As far as I can have decifered its take ti, reset as soon as you're done, then reset again in 3-4 hours. Which is why hes only giving one monster, so everyone can benefit and reset to do it over n over if they so wish. :P Which is why I am happy with the decision. However if you cannot use the first reset stone for 4 hours after, I will not be so happy. :blaugh:

unless you have a lot of reset stones saved, you can't reset much anymore either anyway. currently, 1 monster ti = 2 emb and 8 emb = 1 reset stone. currently, it's at least 2 monster ti per. with tomorrow's maint, one monster per level range, you're only gonna make 1/4th a reset stone per turn in.

#44 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

unless you have a lot of reset stones saved, you can't reset much anymore either anyway. currently, 1 monster ti = 2 emb and 8 emb = 1 reset stone. currently, it's at least 2 monster ti per. with tomorrow's maint, one monster per level range, you're only gonna make 1/4th a reset stone per turn in.

I guess in a sence that's the only dissapointment I have.. that's an attempt at boosting kafra sales . :P But I believe resets are on the cheep side due to being a prize in this christmas box.. I know i've gotten 9.. :blaugh:

#45 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Mind explaining "professional testing"?

Maybe it should be noted as "iRO professional testing", to not confuse with actual professional testing.

#46 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Maybe it should be noted as "iRO professional testing", to not confuse with actual professional testing.

That personally would make me feel better.

#47 Volt88

Volt88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Load all the moras sets and not only the Wiz and Bishop ones pl0x im tired of waiting my god damn white wing set =/

#48 Kirsten

Kirsten

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

What exactly is the reason behind the change of the TI structure? If you play your cards right, you should never miss a TI anyway. And reducing the number of monsters to hunt, why? Most maps have 2 monsters of a high population, wouldn't it make sense to have a quest for both of them, rather than just one?

I'm thinking that this is a special TI structure and Reset TI function just for this christmas week and that it is goin away after the Christmas weeks passes. People react too mch without knowing full details about it.

Edited by Kirsten, 19 December 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#49 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

2x exp?

#50 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

I'm thinking that this is a special TI structure and Reset TI function just for this christmas week and that it is goin away after the Christmas weeks passes. People react too mch without knowing full details about it.

http://forums.warppo...r/page__st__175

try again. see that thread. doesn't look like a special structure ti thing. tomorrow's maint looks like what heim said he wanted not as a special ti for xmas week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users