I don't think they should scratch RO2. If done properly you can experience lots of new fun things in Rune Midgards.
For example. Think about defending a castle in a 3D world. You can see the enemy alliance people coming from the horizons. Also if done properly they can add a lot of new items with more detail and faster.
In my personal opinion I liked a bit how it looked when I was playing the first closed beta of RO2 (the new one) (and the old one well, I probably support the idea if one day they want to add the old RO2 models playable as new race in other place or something)
But the things I don't liked at that time was:
- Too big Prontera
- Maps that doesn't follow RO1 map. Ok, you can add more maps or detail or bigger maps, but... explain why Prontera have sea at the south. Unless after lots of years, some dissaster happened in old Prontera (the one from RO1) and the people living there moved somewhere else and named that new city "New Prontera" until they changed to just "Prontera"
- Maps with loadings between them. Well, perhaps is just my opinion, but in a 3D game I like better the idea of a world without "breaks"
- Missing WoE. But I expect they add this feature soon when they advance the development
- Missing a way to vend in the street (or I can't see that feature). But not like RO1, where is just one chat. Think running in the street and seeing a market with stalls
- Missing stat customization (I think they fixed that)
The thing they should do about RO1 is recode a lot of the client engine to work better with new technologies and use both games to strengthen Ragnarok Online world. In other way, make people of RO1 look at RO2, and RO2 new people look at RO1. In that way, if for some reason you get tired of one of the games perhaps you can retain that customer in Gravity. Perhaps that's the reason why they made Warp Portal, to make people try other games instead of quitting and go somewhere else.
So yes, perhaps RO2 can bring people to RO1 if done properly. But of course, if someone plays RO2, goes to try RO1 and it works bad because the graphics engine of the client frezees because it runs in software mode and the network code lags, then forget that.
-Add armor/weapon sprites, including cape sprites for garments
For add armor/weapon sprites they draw each of the views you see ingame, and more than one time, because some classes grab their weapons in a different way than other classes.
-Fix all stupid ass bugs that has been here for a decade (party share bug, see party sp bar, guild tendency box etc...)
-Put the lawsuit on the private servers to get all those people back
People usually get angry when they close where they play. It happened in other RO service where the company just do that, and people from those server started a boycott. Also doing a lawsuit is too costly for the company for the benefits they can get from it.
-More consistent updates on mechanic and class balance
No opinion about that
Edited by NeoSaro, 01 January 2012 - 05:40 PM.