January 3rd, 2012 maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 3rd, 2012 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#26 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Fix homunculus flee.

#27 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

If we're going to make a fix it list let's not forget enabling teleport/fwing in Splendide! That place is soooo frustrating w/o lol.

#28 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

-There is a bug where options are not saved properly.I've experienced this on a computer with a newly downloaded client, while never experiencing this on a client I've downloaded months/years ago.

Posted Image

Well, I think the problem's this: "Settings will saved to [C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok\\data\UserKeys.lua]...

There's two \\ after Ragnarok and should be one... like [C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok\data\UserKeys.lua]...

Edited by Pres, 03 January 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#29 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Please add x2 drop please please please :thumb:

#30 Alexx1412

Alexx1412

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMéxico
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:PKing at Ancient Temple

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I thought this was for Requiem...FFFUUUU Wrong forum again

#31 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Wth.. the turn ins have level gaps now but still only 1 type of monster to hunt.........Damn I hate GMs... :thumb:

Edited by BIade, 03 January 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#32 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Wth.. the turn ins have level gaps now but still only 1 type of monster to hunt.........Damn I hate GMs... :thumb:

Level gaps? Where?
They are all gapless... maybe cause this week there is no 140+ TI... but aside from that.. I think you're high.

#33 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

I agree that the turn-ins ought to be back to two each and staggered for higher and lower level ranges each week. The turn-ins as they are now just aren't worth doing with the (seemingly) lower experience rate, especially when you consider that you can only do them once per day.

#34 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

hey oda...
i know people just say it is now obtainable on valk, but i wanna listen it from u.

Golden thief bug card is dropping on valk?

cause im farming that mvp just for the card...

so can u confirm it or deny it please?

heim , oda? hastur ? any gm please

thx

#35 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Titans! Now that brings back memories. :thumb:

#36 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

PLEASE ADD THE ARMOR AND RING SETS FOR GX/RANGER/RUNE KNIGHT MORA SETS PLEASE!!! I want new gears. :thumb:

#37 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

I agree that the turn-ins ought to be back to two each and staggered for higher and lower level ranges each week. The turn-ins as they are now just aren't worth doing with the (seemingly) lower experience rate, especially when you consider that you can only do them once per day.

I don't know what you see as not being worth doing... They still give some nice EXP... It's not a big chunk like before but it's still worth doing IMO.
Just because you can't hit 150 in a few days like before, doesn't mean It's not worth doing. Don't be lazy, it's not like they're super hard either ways.
If you're a casual player they still benefit. Just take your time... I really don't see what's all the rush about... Geez.

The best way to level fast should and will always be grinding.. and not doing some TI till 150... You just have got to understand that.
And don't give me the whole "OH but grinding is so boring/hard/time consuming", if you don't like it, then just do the TI's... once a day and some day you'll be 150.

The lazy don't get much. It's a universal fact. Why should this be any different?

#38 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

We are working on the other Mora Sets, the missing set pieces are "intended", so we are changing the intention to actually have the whole set sooner than we should get, which means hopefully by the 10th we have the full sets ready for our Eden Group update.

About the various client update things like the fuzzy character select & Equipment window saving position are being worked on by the client developer.

As for us and the Gramps turnins. We had so much hate on the gaps, we removed them.. and now we have a grass is greener scenario that you still don't like. What we are working on for an upcoming week is to break down the level ranges to 3 75-100, 101-125, & 126-150 so we can have no gaps, but only 3 location choices, this should make party finding much easier, and we will see about the multiple quests/reward structure for gramps to make them more appealing.

#39 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

i dont know why no one told this already.... but killing cloud descrption doenst says anything about the use of 2 red gems

please update the descrption or remove the red gem requirement :thumb:

#40 Sumimi

Sumimi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

We're missing Ver.2 Sprites on Mora Gear...

#41 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

As for us and the Gramps turnins. We had so much hate on the gaps, we removed them.. and now we have a grass is greener scenario that you still don't like. What we are working on for an upcoming week is to break down the level ranges to 3 75-100, 101-125, & 126-150 so we can have no gaps, but only 3 location choices, this should make party finding much easier, and we will see about the multiple quests/reward structure for gramps to make them more appealing.

It's a terrible idea to do such big ranges. Did you forget if someone is above 15 levels above the monster level people can't share XP? It'd be even worse than it is now. Gramps was fine before, a turn in for all ranges was asked for the Xmas event, you gave it but with a 50% XP penalty, don't wonder why people werent happy about it.

Not sure whats complicated with gramps, you could just change the ranges so nothing overlaps and give 2 monsters to hunt for all ranges. Range staying at 15 level gaps.

#42 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

We are working on the other Mora Sets, the missing set pieces are "intended", so we are changing the intention to actually have the whole set sooner than we should get, which means hopefully by the 10th we have the full sets ready for our Eden Group update.

Glad to hear that! Thanks! :thumb:

#43 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

About the various client update things like the fuzzy character select & Equipment window saving position are being worked on by the client developer.

Heim, will this 3 locations... be like different maps? Or just one map? I fear that with only 3 maps those places will become overcrowded and that is something not many people would like. Maybe making a few different maps, but with the same mob level range would be better. That way maps don't get too crowded since they'll have more places to choose from.

For example:

For the 101-125 TI you could have 4 different places, and a player can choose one of this places.
Nameless Island, Thanatos Tower, Abyss Lake and Sealed Shrine.
The player could choose to cancel and choose another later. But can only choose one spot for that TI.
This will avoid crowded maps and people will be given the chance to explore more.

Same thing with the rest of the levels.
Just an idea.

Edited by iiNote, 03 January 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#44 RubberDucky

RubberDucky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

I think another issue with the three level ranges is that they will not be share-able

#45 advanri

advanri

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hi Heim / Oda,

Can you also fix the lag ? it was seriously laggy since the previous maintenance, even though i used WTFast i still had lots of delays, and sometimes it just freezes in game...
my internet connection got nothing wrong about this.

so please work for this case, thanks

#46 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

I think another issue with the three level ranges is that they will not be share-able

Perhaps they could make 6 ranges instead of 3...

70-83
84-98
99-115
106-121
122-137
138-150

This could take some time to make but with that many levels in range it would be awesome. You would pretty much always find a share party.

#47 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Seems like an easier way for people to get 150 with less effort. At least with the gaps, people had some kind of break from rushing to 150 in a week or so, and for people not rushing, it allowed for other activities without the pressure of having a turn in to do, especially if it's a good one. Even with the reset stone limitations, people are going to find a way to fly through those turn ins without a break. I'm sick of 150s that don't even have the basic gear or the basic skill.

I'm sure people would hate on those level ranges too. People want share parties for turn ins, I've seen that too much in Eden. People have already tried requesting that the 70-95 and 90-110 should be changed so they would only be 15 levels. I can see a lot of people getting kicked, even at high levels, because someone out leveled some essential class. I've had someone in a party kick someone else because they leveled up in the middle of a Bradium Golem turn in and broke share. And since I main an AB, I care about share on it, how else am I going to get that kind of EXP without spending hours soloing in Nameless? Sure, level ranges worked like that in the past, but now people are spoiled, so I bet that will go over as well as what you're doing now with turn ins. It was fine the way it was before, it just needed a reset stone limitation to avoid abuse.

No matter what you do, some people are going to be hating on the changes you guys made. It's how the community seems to be now. I think you guys got it right in the first place, with the two monsters per level range and the inability to use reset stones. I felt no pressure in leveling characters to death that way. It was a fun grind instead of how it is now: a jumbled mess of people that can't do the simplest things with their classes and end up at 150 only to see there's little end game content. The break, despite all of the hating on, was very nice and prevented people from getting 150 in only a couple of weeks from starting. RO is about the grind, not end game, and if you're going to have turn ins, they shouldn't be pressuring people to do them every week, there are other things to do in that down time. It could allow people to, oh, actually get gear and learn how to play their character.

If you're going to do that change, at least make it so people can form share parties without having to check 12 people's levels every time you want to make a party and severely limit reset stones. Turn ins should be a way to EASE the leveling, not make it an express train to 150, which it is now.

Edit; I'm not trying to bash on that idea as harshly as I seem to be, I just really dislike that idea; it seems like it would have even more hate with the player base than the old ones, which a lot of us do like. People don't like this 50% cut, and I'm sure people would hate the measures you'd have to go through to find and get into a share party, not to mention the constant party leveling. Soling is good every once in a while.

Edited by Kagrra, 03 January 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#48 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Turn ins were changed because majority of the forums were whining about exp being too fast and only a few of us defended gramps! Where were you all when we needed you most!!!! :thumb:

#49 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

How will this be easier to find groups? two monsters is more appealing when you reset you get more bang for your buck with 2 monsters than with 1 monster!

#50 Adol55

Adol55

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

This just a random idea, but I always thought that having the party members level in the party window would be really helpful rather than the 10 minute discussion of who's too low or high.

Just an observation :thumb:

Edit: need to learn how to spell.

Edited by Adol55, 04 January 2012 - 12:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users