January 3rd, 2012 maintenance - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 3rd, 2012 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#76 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

just before logging out i saw someone vending 3 hodremlin n 6 anolian cards.....wondering how many carga he sold......
i think only bots are getting rich in this game cos they have zeny lol
them n kp spenders.....
not a hater but just dislike spoon feeding n cheating.......

Edited by shOrtz, 03 January 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#77 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

just before logging out i saw someone vending 3 hodremlin n 6 anolian cards.....wondering how many carga he sold......
i think only bots are getting rich in this game cos they have zeny lol
them n kp spenders.....
not a hater but just dislike spoon feeding n cheating.......

Nah, it's entirely posible for a human player to have 3 hodremlin card and 6 anolians. It could be that he's been grinding for a carga mace that he even got 6 anolian cards which is entirely possible and the combination of opening OCA's, Class job OCA.

This generation of turn in player doesn't grind anymore, I used to have 20+ zombie slaughter cards from nameless island leveling a year ago but lets not take out the possibility that it was a bot because that's one of the famous bot places :thumb: it's just a possibility.

#78 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Things coming in this week:

- Temporary trader takes various high value MVP gears and gives a few (random) upgrade Certificates for them. This will be a trial test of this concept.
Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb 4 Certificates
Valkyrja's Shield 4 Certificates
Valkyrie Armor 5 Certificates
Diabolus Robe 5 Certificates
Diabolus Armor 2 Certificates
Diabolus Boots 2 Certificates
Diabolus Manteau 4 Certificates
Twin Edge of Naght Sieger 2 Certificates

Add valk mant/shoes and dark bacilium while you're at it. For this gear, make 'em by 'chance' of getting 1 random certificate since these gear are considered cheap.

Edit: I've got tons of mvp gear from sm/valk that I wanna get rid of.

Edited by Lilp, 03 January 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#79 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Add valk mant/shoes and dark bacilium while you're at it.

Those are more likely to be added to Merry Badger as they're worth less.

#80 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

That and take out flywings and bwings, and all forms of teleport besides Snatch from pvp.

#81 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

The turn ins were supposed to be over when the summer ended. Why are they still even here? Just remove the turn ins entirely for a month and people will be thrilled to get a 400 count turn in at some -_-ty random map when you do them again.

#82 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

The turn ins were supposed to be over when the summer ended. Why are they still even here? Just remove the turn ins entirely for a month and people will be thrilled to get a 400 count turn in at some -_-ty random map when you do them again.

Forget the turn ins,time to talk Mora Equips,like our missing ones Budd.Dr.Azzy isnt too happy with that call too..

#83 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Nah, it's entirely posible for a human player to have 3 hodremlin card and 6 anolians. It could be that he's been grinding for a carga mace that he even got 6 anolian cards which is entirely possible and the combination of opening OCA's, Class job OCA.

This generation of turn in player doesn't grind anymore, I used to have 20+ zombie slaughter cards from nameless island leveling a year ago but lets not take out the possibility that it was a bot because that's one of the famous bot places :thumb: it's just a possibility.

not accusing anyone.......but anolian map is boring n spawn is bad too......maybe he collected them over a long period of time.....
but if u wanna see some real bots u should go to morroc.....
bots farming blanks, earlier ales.......what not.......

#84 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

lol says the guy who is afk at east pront most of the time........jk

#85 nikespawn

nikespawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Val

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

Any skill balance?
like sura LR instant cast... :thumb:

#86 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Why are you putting in new content when you should be fixing problems first? :thumb:

I suggest you make it more reasonable to gain the elemental staff you want (warlock set) from the Mora NPC. Wasting 200+ coins to only get a few of what is desired, and then breaking them trying to enchant them is disheartening. At least make it so you can exchange the ones you DON'T want for ones that you do.

On that note, you should fix the "Exchange my Ring" option for the AB rings. The option is there but does nothing when selected.

Please fix this and please, PLEASE, add the full judgement set to the NPC on SAKRAY so I can test it there before wasting my time getting it on the main servers.

#87 RubberDucky

RubberDucky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Regardless, I love the idea of turning in these equips for certs. I'm finding these equips to be overstocking the market and hard to sell, maybe this might help the market.

Edited by RubberDucky, 04 January 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#88 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

- Temporary trader takes various high value MVP gears and gives a few (random) upgrade Certificates for them. This will be a trial test of this concept.
Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb 4 Certificates
Valkyrja's Shield 4 Certificates
Valkyrie Armor 5 Certificates
Diabolus Robe 5 Certificates
Diabolus Armor 2 Certificates
Diabolus Boots 2 Certificates
Diabolus Manteau 4 Certificates

Then you should have certs be turned in for 2 EMB each :thumb:.. Help get rid of the overstock of certs on the servers.

Edited by Fluffylovr, 03 January 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#89 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

i find it funny people had to actually experience the 1-ti per level range to realize it would suck.

#90 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

I don't think it is a wise idea to have certs convert into EMBs right now. There are too many in circulation, and EMB's are far too valuable to be so easily obtained. Perhaps after the majority of the certs have been consumed it wouldn't be such a risky idea.

#91 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

I don't think it is a wise idea to have certs convert into EMBs right now. There are too many in circulation, and EMB's are far too valuable to be so easily obtained. Perhaps after the majority of the certs have been consumed it wouldn't be such a risky idea.

The big issue is with so much unbroken gear, noone has anything they want to upgrade anymore.. unless its to +9 and up.. which is why its needed for a cert sink..

I also think if they continue certs they not be used from 5 to 6 to 7 but rather you need to get the gear to 5 and then to 6 before you can safely go to 7 so gear still breaks. Seriously, safe upgrading to 7 and then easy peasy to 9 is ruining the economy hard.

#92 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

On another note.. Can mental potions be purchasable from an NPC sometime in the future? They are like candy to a child to me.. :3 and I mean future when I say it. Id pay 1m a pop to an NPC for a mental pot... that's just me though.

#93 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

The full judgement set is kinda cool for an adoramus AB. Some of the items need some fixing though. The judgement shoes should not make you take extra damage from everything else that's not demon or undead. ABs are squishy enough against other monsters as it is.

Would be nice to see the rest of the Mora gears for other classes but I don't really care. Get stuff fixed before adding more stuff that won't work.

#94 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

NOOOOOOO more certificates ToT.... well now weknow certificates are never leaving the game.

@Budd I know right! i thought they were going to end when school started so i rushed to 150 when they came out. I wish they would just go too. Im actually pretty pissed they have lasted this long.

Oh and if i remember right during summertime wasnt there talk of VIPs getting more stuff? I swear to god they were talking about implementing vip only turn ins in game. Or was the first turn ins in summer for the game a way to test that and feedback came in and they decided no? and yes i know i have the 30-75 turn ins to uber lvl already :thumb:

#95 splines

splines

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

My reason for calling the TI terrible is due to a few reasons. The Eden badges. If you're not in range of two and not vip. It would take 8 days to get a reset stone since you doubled the price. Not only this but now it's harder to find a stable group. Lets say you picked a terrible monster to farm... Like Drosera or Kobold Archer that are scattered and ranged, so less mobile. It would take a longer time to do this quest, but it just seems to annoy people. So they complete the quest and leave. So basically it's harder for everyone to get a class. Hopefully I have enough Santa suits to last until you change your mind about this. Cause Santa suits are serious business.

#96 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Would be nice to see the rest of the Mora gears for other classes that I do really care for. Get stuff fixed before adding more stuff that won't work,however, after I had a change of thought,you could get the Mora gears here in the meantime to keep us occupied no?.

=o

#97 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Cause Santa suits are serious business.

Thanks for makin my night.. :thumb:

#98 Erelen

Erelen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, Poland

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Please fix the Izlude Arena.

#99 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

no heim$$ today???? Oda is managing the maintenance post nice.......high hopes.........atleast i'll be heard........

#100 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

We are going to try the cert exchange for a week or so. This is soley to cope with the complaints that those gears aren't moving at all in the market.

We will try the one quest per this week, and next week try the broadened level ranges so we only have 3 areas active. There is a reason I prefer to have a max of 3-4 areas active a week, and it has to do without spreading out the groups so much so players can actually focus on a single area/character and get things done. Admittedly I was pretty sure that the single TI wasn't going to be as much fun as the 2 and it would have specific effects on player participation in them, and it did in fact happen that way. But there is a positive with not having gaps in the level ranges offered. They are considered events still so we can experiment with it a little bit more to see what sort of positive changes we can make in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users