January 3rd, 2012 maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 3rd, 2012 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#51 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

This..PLEASE

PLEASE!!!

I want my Urj set! u_u

#52 Sumimi

Sumimi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Confirming Empowered Mace of Judgement Sprite is in...I'm sure the rest of them are fixed too.

#53 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

[quote name='Heimdallr' timestamp='1325655533' post='711333']
We are working on the other Mora Sets, the missing set pieces are "intended", so we are changing the intention to actually have the whole set sooner than we should get, which means hopefully by the 10th we have the full sets ready for our Eden Group update.
/quote]

Now here is the big question. What is the intention of keeping the reset NPC/Enriched upgrader at the time you implement these sets in their entirety? Since a lot of the armors get benefits at high upgrades, will people going to complete these sets be "screwed over" per se, or will they have a chance to properly test builds and use the enriched upgrader on the Mora Armors/Accessories? I feel that if you plan to remove these NPCs before the full Mora sets are complete, you will have many irritated players.

Edited by neokenshin, 03 January 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#54 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hi Heim / Oda,

Can you also fix the lag ? it was seriously laggy since the previous maintenance, even though i used WTFast i still had lots of delays, and sometimes it just freezes in game...
my internet connection got nothing wrong about this.

so please work for this case, thanks

It's probably a problem with your own ISP. I haven't had any problems with lag on RO for the past week. And I use dial-up internet!

#55 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

the loots to certs isn't gonna work well... you can tell that:

1. the certs you get is random
2. the certs that you get is worth less than what you could sell the loots for (at least for valk)

nobody is going to do that. better way to do it is:

- make it so that *some* (not all) gears require a certain number of lower +'ed gear and certs. eg: to make a +5 item A, you need 2 +4 of item A and x number of certs, with 100% success rate. (numbers are just example, just pointing out the concept)

#56 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Where are the bug fixes?

RK set?

#57 RubberDucky

RubberDucky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

the loots to certs isn't gonna work well... you can tell that:

1. the certs you get is random
2. the certs that you get is worth less than what you could sell the loots for (at least for valk)

nobody is going to do that. better way to do it is:

- make it so that *some* (not all) gears require a certain number of lower +'ed gear and certs. eg: to make a +5 item A, you need 2 +4 of item A and x number of certs, with 100% success rate. (numbers are just example, just pointing out the concept)

I think that might be the point... If the certs that you're gaining is worth more than the equips than this would impact the economy and make these equips inflate like crazy. I think they're just testing out another option of obtaining certs...

#58 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

can we get dbl drops o somethin? 2 weeks of exp would like a drop event or somethin of the sort so i can hunt some supplies for woe k thx

#59 Thursday

Thursday

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Things coming in this week:

- Temporary trader takes various high value MVP gears and gives a few (random) upgrade Certificates for them. This will be a trial test of this concept.
Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb 4 Certificates
Valkyrja's Shield 4 Certificates
Valkyrie Armor 5 Certificates
Diabolus Robe 5 Certificates
Diabolus Armor 2 Certificates
Diabolus Boots 2 Certificates
Diabolus Manteau 4 Certificates
Twin Edge of Naght Sieger 2 Certificates

:thumb: :( :( :D

#60 Thugmission

Thugmission

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

X2 Drops for the new year please! :thumb:

#61 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Me likey this idea! A continuation to the eden badge girl and having a second option to use in game earned items for what was once only kafra shop items :thumb: Continue this trend for happy gamers!

#62 splines

splines

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

The turn in quest are terrible now. You're better off farming porings. Terrible turn ins are terrible.

#63 Jaliboy

Jaliboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

How come I feel that you're better off selling the mvp gears rather than exchange them for certs?
value of certs= 5m average
value of diab armor= 40m

exchange the diab armor for 2 random certs (which values at most 10m+)

wow....it's a sure price drop for those gears

#64 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

I felt it was more structured and organized to have turn-ins the way they were. People are always going to complain. No matter what change is implemented, you're going to have 30 posts about how bad of an idea it is. Then, when you change it back, you'll have another 30 posts about how bad of an idea it is.
I'd say stick with the way things were. If people are stuck in a gap, there are other methods of leveling. Honestly, it's almost bad for business if hitting 150 is so easy, since the only real end-game content right now is WoE and gathering the gear associated with it.

I do want to point something out about the certification rates, too. The rates seem unbalanced. For instance, why is a Valk armor worth 5 certs, while a Twin edge is worth 2? Not sure about other servers, but on Yggdrasil, a Valk armor is worth about 40mil, and a blue twin edge (the cheap one) is worth around 40-50 (last I heard). So, you're potentially paying more for less? Doesn't make much sense. xP
Also, using this system right now would not be economically smart. As someone posted above, you're better off selling the gear and buying the certs. But, once the certs are consumed, the system will be more practical.

Edited by Azyrk, 03 January 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#65 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

I think that might be the point... If the certs that you're gaining is worth more than the equips than this would impact the economy and make these equips inflate like crazy. I think they're just testing out another option of obtaining certs...

go check ragial. these gears are actually worth more than the certs. do some research first.

and not only that, due to this, certs will be the new currency. soon.

Edited by Aeroku, 03 January 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#66 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Valkyrie ~ Classic

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

I know it could be a little stupid for some person but I really want more color clothes! I enjoy a cute character and be able to choose what color I want... and by the way it could be more money for you at least for me, because I would buy more dye coupons, for all my chars, if I could get a color I like. At least two more colors.

#67 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

/quote]

Now here is the big question. What is the intention of keeping the reset NPC/Enriched upgrader at the time you implement these sets in their entirety? Since a lot of the armors get benefits at high upgrades, will people going to complete these sets be "screwed over" per se, or will they have a chance to properly test builds and use the enriched upgrader on the Mora Armors/Accessories? I feel that if you plan to remove these NPCs before the full Mora sets are complete, you will have many irritated players.
[/quote]

Hence why those sets should be here already in some form right now instead of being included in some Eden package..

#68 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

this is not a complain post but a general idea......
almost all turn in give 20% base n 15% job exp for non vip n 30% base n 20% job exp for vip both monsters combined........
if u do the turn in for a week with 2 monster without dying u still get 2-3 lvl only unless u use reset or bm, then more obviously..........
but the real scenario is ppl die like 3-4 times in a turn in map every time so non vip lose minimum 9-12% exp while exp from monsters is not that much....
the old turn ins were perfect....the only ppl who complained were the old players who have been on the server for years....
i have respect for all ppl who made 150 before turn in but the game is not same as it was before
now its more commercial with kp items n vip.....
with one monster turn in many ppl will not use bm or reset.....
i didnt get vip again for same reason.....

turn ins helps vip ppl much much more than non vip.......trust me been vip for 3 months

so my idea is to let the turn ins be same as before with same ranges so ppl work to stay in range use reset or bm which gives u business as well as more ppl who do turn ins....and occasional 4 monster turn ins like juperos......./wink

one more thing is that i find the chaser nerfs too harsh pvm wise.....
and clashing spiral is bad...but if u increase CS damage with every lvl its good if u can do 20k cs at lvl 150....something like that

#69 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

this is not a complain post but a general idea......
almost all turn in give 20% base n 15% job exp for non vip n 30% base n 20% job exp for vip both monsters combined........
if u do the turn in for a week with 2 monster without dying u still get 2-3 lvl only unless u use reset or bm, then more obviously..........
but the real scenario is ppl die like 3-4 times in a turn in map every time so non vip lose minimum 9-12% exp while exp from monsters is not that much....
the old turn ins were perfect....the only ppl who complained were the old players who have been on the server for years....
i have respect for all ppl who made 150 before turn in but the game is not same as it was before
now its more commercial with kp items n vip.....
with one monster turn in many ppl will not use bm or reset.....
i didnt get vip again for same reason.....

turn ins helps vip ppl much much more than non vip.......trust me been vip for 3 months

so my idea is to let the turn ins be same as before with same ranges so ppl work to stay in range use reset or bm which gives u business as well as more ppl who do turn ins....and occasional 4 monster turn ins like juperos......./wink

one more thing is that i find the chaser nerfs too harsh pvm wise.....
and clashing spiral is bad...but if u increase CS damage with every lvl its good if u can do 20k cs at lvl 150....something like that

With the urj set, hundred spears should be pretty strong, especially with glorious spear against demihuman, and decent against non demihuman.

I also agree having 25 lvl differences will make things very messy and annoying to find parties. There will be things like "R> 103-118 Geffenia" where 101-102 and 119-125 get left out. People definitely wouldn't make clean party ranges like 101-116 and 110-125, especially if they can accommodate an AB or some other class they needed at the time.

How about the old system, but with share ranges like this:

Week 1:
75-90
95-110
115-130
135-150

Week 2:
85-100
105-120
125-140

Maybe this will encourage people to make more than one character? This does sort of push people to lvl so that they become in range of the next turn in. 70-74 are always very easy for me to level on my own just using the eden quests anyway. In fact, the 70-90 turn ins always maxed my characters out and it really was much more worth it to grind to 75ish before even doing the turn ins. Also, I don't mind having some break time from grinding for a week. I can do KVM, hunt MVPs, farm items, or make new characters or something.

#70 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

pls enough of upgrade certs n enrich hammer cos seriously equips are losing their worth n whats the fun in that.........
pls dont give ppl an option to spend real money to get +9 equips cos u might just sell then with kp.......
hd ores are fun.......occasional certs n enrich is awesome idea but if u keep it forever then every noob has +9 n really noone has zeny to spend on in game items cos they busy buying kp items..........

if its hard to get its fun, if its there always well u'll end up with with bored ppl who have everything they need n no need to hunt for stuff.....

many ppl will not like this idea but there were ppl who spend billions to get overupgraded stuff (especially kvms) in the game before kp......
n im sure they were motivated enough to hunt n farm for zeny.........

cos no matter how many new things u put at one point its gonna be like whatever for a player......n not all ur players spend real money.....

Edited by shOrtz, 03 January 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#71 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

What we are working on for an upcoming week is to break down the level ranges to 3: 75-100, 101-125, & 126-150, so we can have no gaps, but only 3 location choices. This should make party finding much easier, and we will see about the multiple quests/reward structure for gramps to make them more appealing.

Hmm, I'd like to say, "that sounds good", however 25 levels is a bit wide. Why not just 20 at the very most? 70-90,90-110,110-130,130-150. That's 4 maps.

Ideally I'd want 15 level gaps, since that avoids problems with people being out of share range. 75-90,90-105,105-120,120-135,135-150. Yes that's 5 separate maps... and people 70-75 get left out, but, it helps ensure that people don't get excluded from share parties just for being the wrong level.

So with that said, I might be inclined to support your proposed 25-level gap, but only if you're also implementing 25-level share range parties at the same time. :thumb:

I think the problem with people not finding parties is not so much due to there being "too many maps", but rather because most people will ignore the less beneficial map in order to party on the "good" map. For example, choosing to do Violy instead of Kobolds, or choosing to do Salamander rather than Bradium Golems, and so on.

This stems from overlaps existing. Get rid of overlaps and it will help a whole lot.

Edited by Dreimdal, 03 January 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#72 Pedrov

Pedrov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Ah, it seems like it was only 2011 a week ago. With the confetti still fresh on our winter coats and aud lang syne still ringing in our ears, we prepare the first patch notes of the new year.

We have some promotions and events ending this maint:

-Double exp
-Half exp to level to base 70/second job
-Holiday Crate/Early Xmas Gift
-Xmas raccoon sweet potato/sock themed event

Propmotions/events continuing this week:

+5% bonus to KP when doing your first conversion of the month
-Holiday hats remain for another week
-Balance reset NPC remains for another week

Things coming in this week:

- Temporary trader takes various high value MVP gears and gives a few (random) upgrade Certificates for them. This will be a trial test of this concept.

-New Turnins

70-95 Hugel Field
-Red Novus

90-110 Ice Dungeon
-Ice Titan

105-120 Center of Juperos
-Archdam

115-130 Outskirts of Kamidal
-Tatacho

125-140 Thor Volcano Dungeon
-Kasa

135 Scaraba Hall
-Antler Scaraba

-Fixes coming in

Weight of the Eden Group "kafra gift" of Battle Manual, Bless/Agi scrolls and Yellow Bwings will be set to 0 weight.
--------coming soon---------------

why is it certificate again ? give us more choice than just certificates like 10 EMB or something else

#73 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hmm, I'd like to say, "that sounds good", however 25 levels is a bit wide. Why not just 20 at the very most? 70-90,90-110,110-130,130-150. That's 4 maps.

Ideally I'd want 15 level gaps, since that avoids problems with people being out of share range. 75-90,90-105,105-120,120-135,135-150. Yes that's 5 separate maps... and people 70-75 get left out, but, it helps ensure that people don't get excluded from share parties just for being the wrong level.

So with that said, I might be inclined to support your proposed 25-level gap, but only if you're also implementing 25-level share range parties at the same time. :thumb:

i believe ppl should work hard to be in range rather than hop from one turn in range to other.....but thats just my opinion......

#74 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

The idea is to get the gears out of the economy. If you don't want to exchange them, great, don't. Time will tell, I suppose, but it seems like this will drive prices up a bit as there's now another option of what to do with your gear.

#75 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

I know it could be a little stupid for some person but I really want more color clothes! I enjoy a cute character and be able to choose what color I want... and by the way it could be more money for you at least for me, because I would buy more dye coupons, for all my chars, if I could get a color I like. At least two more colors.

i'd like spending kp to make my chars look better.......
i think kRO has body costumes too......just heard of it........
for stuff like that i'd spend kp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users