F2P getting contant nerfs - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

F2P getting contant nerfs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#1 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

POPULAR

lets see...where should i start...ah yes

Vip : Exp and Drops 150% and 1% exp loss on death
F2p : normal stuff,its not really a problem

Vip : Allowed to do instances like overlooked dungeon and blah blah
F2p : Needs reset stone to do it for 1 week...not really a problem either

Vip : Does not need reset stone to avail MVP Summoner
F2p : Need 1 reset stone per week to use it( 4 reset stone for 1 month which is valued 400KP?)

Vip : Get 150% exp from turns and allowed to turn in either for base or job
F2p : Get normal exp BUT have to "waste" there exp of base/job if they hit one limit before the other

Vip : Get DOUBLE Eden merit badges from turn ins(2x faster getting KVM equips)
F2p : Get normal no. of eden merit badges.( Seriously, we need EMB more for Resets and stuff than Vips)

All these were ok but now........

Vip : Can do 2 turn ins SIMULTANEOUSLY and then reset it.
F2p : Have to do one at a time, taking double time and getting 50% lower exp than vip and half number of Eden merit badges...LOL SERIOUSLY?

I am probably gonna get replies from GMs like.......DONT LIKE IT? DONT DO IT

but there are forgetting the fact that THE GAME IS COMPETITIVE AND YOU WILL FALL BEHIND

Seriously....do you guys wanna imply that F2ps are unwanted? cause i sure feel like it......

I joined back in 2008 cause i heard Valk server was f2p and kafra items BARELY effected the economy as most items were untradeable but now its just pay 2 win.

Need zeny? Sell KP items!
Need pro gears? +87763632 them with kafra points!

I think its time for me to look for a new F2p game since iRO not even close to being F2p anymore. Looking forward to RO2 hoping its not as disappointing
as RO is turn out to be now.

And i am not the only one who thinks so

NON-VIPs already have nerfed TIs (less exp, the exp split, access quests with some that are longer than Katy Perry's marriage), was it really necessary to make us use a reset stone just to do both quests at once?

This suck, so no vip can't use bmx3 or whatever to trade all, and can't get both at the same time.
vip already get 1.5 xp more and double eden emblems, can have instant teleport to the map, can get again after complete meaning do 2 times and again after 3h meaning 3 times.
Yeah kick the dog when it already down right. by dog i mean non-vip.

EDIT: a big -1 to Heimdallr aka GMs

I have to agree, that is just too much for non-VIP, too much. Going back and forth, imagine if you need to kill 4 type Dimiks. Doing the entrance quest again and again, waw.. just waw.

I don't think any non-VIP is going to like this update, whereas VIPs think it's completely fair? Just seems like this is making the thread VIPs vs non-VIPs. As a non-VIP, this is going to make me only able to level one character per week instead of two characters time/money wise. A lot of non-VIPs have VIP lvling friends, and vice versa. Our VIP friends are already out-lvling us by so much that it's impossible to catch up without a lot of BMs, etc. Why increase this gap even more? Do non-VIPs really have to lvl with other non-VIPs only and VIPs can only lvl with other VIPs? That's definitely not healthy AT ALL for the game community.

Edit : WOULD PREFER LESS USELESS COMMENTS FOR PREMIUM USERS, kthnxbye

Edited by Heart, 08 January 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#2 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

Isnt valk used to have a subscription fee?

#3 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

While I wouldn't flip my hotcakes over something that's the latest in a string of what seem to be experimental changes (as in, I wouldn't be surprised if things were adjusted yet again in the near future with Gramps), it is probably a good idea for players to always point out when things seem out of balance for free vs. paid play. Would people still be tempted to VIP without that particular perk? I think so. IMO cash enhancements in general work much better when players are tempted, rather than feeling forced.

And Valk was always f2p.

#4 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

Isnt valk used to have a subscription fee?

no its a so called F2P server....

#5 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

Edit : WOULD PREFER LESS USELESS COMMENTS FOR PREMIUM USERS, kthnxbye

Good grief.

Well, I'm going to respond anyways. I can't really stress the fact enough that it isn't a case of "Pay $7 USD/mo or GTFO," but rather "Everyone is welcome to play, but those who want improved leveling efficiency have the option of paying $7 USD/mo."

Heim and Oda need food and shelter, after all! Posted Image In addition to...
  • Licensing fees
  • Office overhead
  • Infrastructure [servers, networking, hardware upgrades]
  • Line leases

And, quite frankly, Gravity is a business--not a charity. TANSTAAFL

Edited by Hinkypunk, 07 January 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

It's supposed to be hard to play without paying but you CAN so be thankful for that. In most cases it's much cheaper to just pay the 7 dollars and VIP for the month.

#7 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Good grief.

Well, I'm going to respond anyways. I can't really stress the fact enough that it isn't a case of "Pay $7 USD/mo or GTFO," but rather "Everyone is welcome to play, but those who want improved leveling efficiency have the option of paying $7 USD/mo."

Heim and Oda need food and shelter, after all! Posted Image In addition to...

• Licensing fees
  • Office overhead
  • Infrastructure [servers, networking, hardware upgrades]
  • Line leases

And, quite frankly, Gravity is a business--not a charity. TANSTAAFL

give me 1 valid reason why there was a need for the new turn in nerf for f2p and the eden merit badge nerf?

#8 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

give me 1 valid reason why there was a need for the new turn in nerf for f2p and the eden merit badge nerf?

From the standpoint of business strategy, they have to differentiate the user experience enough to encourage more users to buy VIP service. i.e. Carrot or Stick.

Granted, I think the lack of warps for F2Pers is rather harsh, but it is a valid business strategy.

Edited by Hinkypunk, 07 January 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#9 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

From the standpoint of business strategy, they have to differentiate the user experience enough to encourage more users to buy VIP service. i.e. Carrot or Stick.

Granted, I think the lack of warps for F2Pers is rather harsh, but it is a valid business strategy.

easy for u to say since u pay a p2p server anyways...i am speaking about valk which iRO claims is F2p

#10 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

I say this as a regular VIP purchaser - it DOES seem like little by little, they are increasing the advantage for VIP by nerfing non-VIP accounts. I will also concede that with this latest batch of nerfs, they are taking another step in making the game seem a little less fun to f2players. It seems to me that VIP has taken definite steps in a change from "advantage" to "requirement".

#11 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

I say this as a regular VIP purchaser - it DOES seem like little by little, they are increasing the advantage for VIP by nerfing non-VIP accounts. I will also concede that with this latest batch of nerfs, they are taking another step in making the game seem a little less fun to f2players. It seems to me that VIP has taken definite steps in a change from "advantage" to "requirement".

exactly...

#12 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Main reason: As an incentive to get more people to subscribe to VIP.

I do think you completely misunderstand the original intention behind iRO creating a f2p server (Valk) and then moving to the current system of VIP and f2p accounts. It was never intended to be a 'charity' as Gravity is a business that is required to turn a profit. Originally it was intended as a way of attracting new customers (in particular away from pservers, so they could see what the 'real thing' was like), and that if they liked the game would use the cash shop or even transfer to one of the premium servers and start paying a monthly sub.

If you don't wish to pay, that's fine but then you get no benefits and enhancements to your gaming experience - however it is still free to play this way regardless.

That said, originally Heim said they were looking at other ways to make the VIP more attractive and better value (which we assumed would mean more things like Overlook Dungeon for VIPs) however, this has obviously not been the case with these latest changes

Edited by lainee, 07 January 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#13 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

Main reason: As an incentive to get more people to subscribe to VIP.

I do think you completely misunderstand the original intention behind iRO creating a f2p server (Valk) and then moving to the current system of VIP and f2p accounts. It was never intended to be a 'charity' as Gravity is a business that is required to turn a profit. Originally it was intended as a way of attracting new customers (in particular away from pservers, so they could see what the 'real thing' was like), and that if they liked the game would use the cash shop or even transfer to one of the premium servers and start paying a monthly sub.

If you don't wish to pay, that's fine but then you get no benefits and enhancements to your gaming experience - however it is still free to play this way regardless.

yea tell me seriously....dont you think RO is turning pay to win?

ask yourself and answer

#14 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

It seems a bit like something that they don't see as much of a hindrance to f2p players, but I can see how those who rely on TIs would indeed feel that the latest change is too much.

The problem is that there's always a danger of losing players who dislike when things rely more on money than time/skill. It IS a game, after all. I do appreciate that it's a fine line between making profit off a game people like to play and pissing off most their players with pay2win until they quit, but I think that's all the more reason to give them a "Hey, that's going too far" when they seem to be crossing a line. Whether or not they value those opinions, who knows? But any member of the community that values the game itself I think would want that balance to be maintained and the game to remain more about playing and less about money (or at least for us to feel that way)

Keeping the game as fair and fun as possible should be as much priority as finding ways to earn cash. If no one likes the game at all, they won't be spending any money on it, you know? :thumb:

#15 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

It seems a bit like something that they don't see as much of a hindrance to f2p players, but I can see how those who rely on TIs would indeed feel that the latest change is too much.

The problem is that there's always a danger of losing players who dislike when things rely more on money than time/skill. It IS a game, after all. I do appreciate that it's a fine line between making profit off a game people like to play and pissing off most their players with pay2win until they quit, but I think that's all the more reason to give them a "Hey, that's going too far" when they seem to be crossing a line. Whether or not they value those opinions, who knows? But any member of the community that values the game itself I think would want that balance to be maintained and the game to remain more about playing and less about money (or at least for us to feel that way)

Keeping the game as fair and fun as possible should be as much priority as finding ways to earn cash. If no one likes the game at all, they won't be spending any money on it, you know? :thumb:

i dont care if vip get extra exp or drop rates and stuff, exclusive turn ins( for the foods and stuff) since they are paying for it

but new updates are crossing the lines

#16 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

ask yourself and answer

It always has been. You just have not been playing the game long enough and are too young to realize that. The only difference is that Gravity via the cash shop, now gets a cut of the player to player RMT that has always been a part of RO from the very beginning.

If people don't pay for VIP or use the cash shop, how does the game continue to be a viable business.

ask yourself and answer

Edited by lainee, 08 January 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#17 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

It always has been. You just have not been playing the game long enough and are too young to realize that. The only difference is that Gravity via the cash shop, now gets a cut of the player to player RMT that has always been a part of RO from the very beginning.

If people don't pay for VIP or use the cash shop, how does the game continue to be a viable business.

ask yourself and answer

as it used to be before Vip system...

2 servers, 1 vip , 1 non-vip

no problems, no extra advantage

#18 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

ok i want to ask since you say that it is a requirement to buy vip to play the game

1)if you don't pay vip you cannot access the game at all?

2)if you don't pay vip you cannot use gramps anymore?

3)if there is no big advantage there would be less people paying for vip and tell me where is the money coming from?

the whole problem is about gramps giving 1 ti to non vip which i also think is harsh but i see that people are just complaining about not using their bm and turn 2 in which is better compared to 1.

if u have so many bm, why not just sell it and buy vip ingame?

if you complain because it is a waste of time then what can i say? non-vip should always work more compared to vip, if not why you buy vip in the first place, is to work less

and my seeing your complains I think u better dun own a company. because if u do u will LOSE money so fast you need to cry to you mama :X

#19 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

ok i want to ask since you say that it is a requirement to buy vip to play the game

1)if you don't pay vip you cannot access the game at all?

2)if you don't pay vip you cannot use gramps anymore?

3)if there is no big advantage there would be less people paying for vip and tell me where is the money coming from?

the whole problem is about gramps giving 1 ti to non vip which i also think is harsh but i see that people are just complaining about not using their bm and turn 2 in which is better compared to 1.

if u have so many bm, why not just sell it and buy vip ingame?

if you complain because it is a waste of time then what can i say? non-vip should always work more compared to vip, if not why you buy vip in the first place, is to work less

and my seeing your complains I think u better dun own a company. because if u do u will LOSE money so fast you need to cry to you mama :X

u haven't been around much long have you? this game DID RUN WITH TWO DIFFERENT SERVERS, 1 premium another free.

as for pay to play the game itself would be REALLY GOOD IDEA! at least it will be a direct implication that f2p are unneeded.

also u better learn English, you English is worse than me and my native language is surely not even related to English.

#20 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

OP used to play private server too much.

#21 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

it's F2P if they even let you play the game without buying anything. which is iRO now. as everyone have said, this isn't a charity; it's a business. they need money to run the game - especially to provide the F2P content here. if you aren't paying money to them, you can't expect them to serve you at their fullest; afterall, you're just jacking on the server (literally anyway).

there is no such thing as F2P getting 'nerfs'. they're still letting you play, letting you level, letting you woe (which is what most people would be looking forward to). hell, P2P games out there won't even let you touch the game without paying. and also iRO GM even give many cheap deals regarding the game, bonuses, etc (not advertising them, really).

overall, you should be glad that you can actually play the game for free. only time you can complain is if all you can do is just being a sitting duck afk-ing not being able to do anything at all. there is no such thing as 'free entertainment', unless you create it yourself.

Edited by Aeroku, 08 January 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#22 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Well I don't care, i´m here to PLAY not to WIN... all i can win is have fun.

And then why have a non-vip server that doesn´t give any reason to have it on and waste money on that?

#23 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Beggars can't be choosers. If you aren't paying the $7 for VIP, you probably aren't buying Kafra Shop items. As slwl1 said, free players are expected to put in more work in game to accomplish the same thing VIP players do. That's the tradeoff.

RO switched from a pay to play to a free to play model midstream, and they will always be constantly modifying the way VIP and free accounts are treated as they try to pay their expenses and try to be profitable.

#24 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

u haven't been around much long have you? this game DID RUN WITH TWO DIFFERENT SERVERS, 1 premium another free.

as for pay to play the game itself would be REALLY GOOD IDEA! at least it will be a direct implication that f2p are unneeded.

also u better learn English, you English is worse than me and my native language is surely not even related to English.

If I didn't know better I'd say Heart is IronPlushy.

#25 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

I'm sure most people here can afford eating out or buying starbucks coffee. Why not just buy VIP. Keep RO alive...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users