F2P getting contant nerfs - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

F2P getting contant nerfs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#51 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

I think nobody would be angry, if the VIP get more stuff, like more funny dungeons like overlooked byalan or something like this (or the MVP summoner) But killing options for non Vip ist not the right way to buff the VIP status. If it will, make the next step: If you want earn exp, zeny, items -> get VIP, if not you can just sit at pron and talk a sentence each hour :thumb: (oh yeah and if you want to open a chat, use a reset stone :thumb: )

#52 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Post something constructive intead of throwing mud.

Edited by zr0rieu, 08 January 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#53 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

1( Ragnarok was f2p to begin with for those of you that have joind us later on down the line

What im getting at is gravity :thumb: up when making all servers free to play (so they say) but yet the game was all ready free to play (just not all servers) now when adding a pay to play option to a f2p server you get these post+people upset so those of you hatting don't even bother replying unless you played on a valk when it was truly free to play.

Mind if I ask when this era was? Chaos/Loki/Iris weren't free IIRC. $12.99/month, was it? Too long ago.

Put simply, Oda, Heim and friends don't belong to a charitable organization.

You are playing for free now, and unless a free product has the potential to cause danger to person or property, what exactly is your basis for complaining?

Edited by AnnoDomini, 08 January 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

lol holy crap, as a normally vip user I was gonna agree until I saw that monsterously rude attack on VIP users - making me wonder if the op has a brain or not.

THE GAME IS COMPETITIVE AND YOU WILL FALL BEHIND

This, but it applies to all of RO, not just vip vs free players. It applies to kafra shop vs non kafra shop players, vip or otherwise.

#55 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

lol i just want a new server with

1. no turnins
2. vip perks (if payed for)
3. no rental gear ( i dont even know if people use that)
4. no enriched hammer ( normal upgrading % please.)
5. NO 2x drop or exp events (and if they need be only during very special occasions)

i dont know something that brings back an old feel to the ragnarok i used to play.

#56 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

All is fine.

#57 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

I don't want the corrupt and unbalanced economy of Valkyrie messing with my precious Ymir economy. :thumb:

#58 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Yeah this new thing they're doing with the turn ins is just crap for non-VIPs. It was fine before when it was two monsters for everyone and all that. VIP already get more than enough extra benefit from gramps... :thumb:

#59 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

$7 a month is renter's insurance, and it's hard to justify spending money on a game indefinitely. Video games are not a utility like water or electricity. I mean I buy most my game's used, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect 2, those are all under $10, why would I spend an indefinite amount of money on an inferior game, when I can spend a small amount of money once? I traded in about 8 games with the 30% trade-in bonus to get skyrim.

I just don't know where you people are coming from, we have record unemployment in this country, people are losing their homes in record numbers, and I see someone who spends $400 a month on Kafra Points. I have a pay as you go cell phone that works out to $4 a month, I don't drink coffee, I don't smoke, I buy one six pack a week, I don't rent (definitely don't buy) movies, I don't buy books, the library is your best friend when you're poor. If I had $7 a month to throw away on a videogame, it wouldn't be RO. I play RO because it's free, not because it's fun, but because it's free entertainment.

It just seems like people are really out of touch, like don't even know what's happening in their own country. You ask who doesn't have $7 a month to waste, probably people who lost their job and whose house was foreclosed on, who can't afford cable, or who only drive their car when it's absolutely necessary. People who eat a lot of ramen and eggs, whose cereal comes in dog food size bags. People that stopped celebrating Christmas because they have nothing to give.

You have to realize that there are very poor people in this country, and some of them are drawn to free videogames. I'm not complaining about the changes to the VIP/non-VIP balance, they gotta do what they gotta do, but stopped drooling in bewilderment when someone doesn't have money to throw away.

#60 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

There are always those free WPE that come from Surveys.

#61 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Its okay, kafra shop is giving the payment to gravity but that dont mean pay items should be way better than in game ones, just look at tf2, every item are avaible in the drop system, the mann co store is just to get *faster* the drops, and the hats, are HATS.
Not a idiotic hat wich gives 16% more damage to neutral/resistance.
iRO is pay to win. Get +12 KvM's and you will pwn :thumb:

#62 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Frankly, by now it should be clear that if you aren't aware that VIP will always have an easier time of things than free players, you can either pay for it, accept it and play anyway, or play something else. I can't see them "nerfing" VIP benefits to remove reasons to become VIP in the first place- it's how they make money. If anything, as Xellie pointed out, Kafra Shop vs. Non-Kafra Shop players are probably far more disadvantaged than VIP vs Non-VIP. You can't make zeny off your VIP subscription, but you sure as heck can from selling lucky box items and Mighty Hammer upgraded gear.

#63 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

I think VIP should get more, as opposed to F2P getting less. People tend to me more willing to spend if they feel they're being given extras for shelling out money as opposed to being punished for not paying. Obviously, VIP does get more (they should) I'm just echoing that fewer nerfs and more buffs are favorable in this situation.

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Frankly, by now it should be clear that if you aren't aware that VIP will always have an easier time of things than free players, you can either pay for it, accept it and play anyway, or play something else. I can't see them "nerfing" VIP benefits to remove reasons to become VIP in the first place- it's how they make money. If anything, as Xellie pointed out, Kafra Shop vs. Non-Kafra Shop players are probably far more disadvantaged than VIP vs Non-VIP. You can't make zeny off your VIP subscription, but you sure as heck can from selling lucky box items and Mighty Hammer upgraded gear.

Grand Nagus, really? That title belongs to someone on this forum, but not you my friend.

#65 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

For the most part, the entire VIP package can be summed up with "you level faster". It's not like it's hard to hit 150, just tedious. Overlook's reset stone doesn't matter, you'll still make a significant profit with the card at the end.

The only thing I'm really not a fan of is the TI warps, because as Kad said, it makes playing with friends a pain if the map is somewhere like the like the final floor of Jup or a mid TT floor. I would suggest instead making it 250k zeny to warp, fee waived for VIP.

#66 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Locationinside ur mind...
  • Server:VALK

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Mind if I ask when this era was? Chaos/Loki/Iris weren't free IIRC. $12.99/month, was it? Too long ago.

Put simply, Oda, Heim and friends don't belong to a charitable organization.

You are playing for free now, and unless a free product has the potential to cause danger to person or property, what exactly is your basis for complaining?

Starters i really hate when people reply to a snip it of my comment and ask what has already been stated on the other steps.

3( When having a free to play server up for 4-5 years then bringing in new vip balance perks after all those years will defeat the purpose of free to play all together.

Beta was free then after 8 months they release sakray chao loki iris even then it was free to join for 1-2 weeks then had to pay subscription. later on down the line valk came out and it was free to play every one was on = footing no one could upgrade any higher then the people dishing out money for kp. Event gear was obtained from getting some of your friends together and completing a quest not getting lucky on opening a box. What im getting at RO has lost there playing/quest get together fan base and have focused on there gambling fan base/lvl grinding and how to exploit it and make it the same as it was before but pay for it.

#67 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Look, you guys have to realize that non-VIP is baseline. To be VIP means you get benefits. Of course if you compare VIP vs. non-VIP, VIP is better. The question is whether or not the baseline (non-VIP) is still playable and fun. Well of course it is, or else there wouldn't be so many players. Players can get by just fine without VIP and get just as far as any other player, including one with VIP.

When you get onto your flight and walk past the 1st class passengers to get to your coach seat, do you write an angry letter to the airline saying that it's not fair? No, because you're getting what you paid. The seats in coach were still built for comfort and to accommodate people. People get by just fine in coach. Your trip might not have been as great getting to your destination, but you all end up at the same place regardless.

I really don't understand why VIP players are complaining about VIP. And non-VIP players shouldn't be complaining about how VIP makes the game so much better. Of course it does because you're PAYING for it, but you can do just fine without it.

Let me explain my concerns, as you seem to think that 'I'm complaining about being VIP'.

Imagine this scenario: I'm on eden group, recruiting a party of players, or forming a party with friends and guildies. Then, the moment we decide to go to the turn in... surprise! turn in is in some remote place so all the party has to wait several minutes for the non vip members to run a long quest.

Am I happy about having to wait? Nupe.
Does it makes me feel more VIP? Nupe.

Now imagine, imagine this other scenario: I'm on my chara with VIP, summon an MVP and invite non VIP and VIP friends equally to join the fun.

Am I happy about having VIP? Yus.

~~~~~~~~~~

How could anyone be happy about changes which negatively affect them is beyond my understanding, but some people marry with the idea of 'hate non VIP' or 'hate VIP' that they would gladly stab themselves as long as it seems to affect the other group.

Those two examples show what I think VIP should, ad shouldn't be: VIP is okay to have extra benefits, like the extra exp, reduced death and ability to channel all exp from turn ins to base/job. Personally, I mostly buy VIP because of woe warps/full heal, and the exp channeling from TIs. However, when making differences between VIP and non VIP affect both negatively VIP players, and non VIP players, obviously I'm against it. I don't pay VIP to see others suffer or escape from a poor service.

In short: offering a good regular service and VIP having plus benefits = good idea. Offering bad service and VIP as the means of regular service = bad idea.

#68 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

$7 a month is renter's insurance, and it's hard to justify spending money on a game indefinitely. Video games are not a utility like water or electricity. I mean I buy most my game's used, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect 2, those are all under $10, why would I spend an indefinite amount of money on an inferior game, when I can spend a small amount of money once? I traded in about 8 games with the 30% trade-in bonus to get skyrim.

I just don't know where you people are coming from, we have record unemployment in this country, people are losing their homes in record numbers, and I see someone who spends $400 a month on Kafra Points. I have a pay as you go cell phone that works out to $4 a month, I don't drink coffee, I don't smoke, I buy one six pack a week, I don't rent (definitely don't buy) movies, I don't buy books, the library is your best friend when you're poor. If I had $7 a month to throw away on a videogame, it wouldn't be RO. I play RO because it's free, not because it's fun, but because it's free entertainment.

It just seems like people are really out of touch, like don't even know what's happening in their own country. You ask who doesn't have $7 a month to waste, probably people who lost their job and whose house was foreclosed on, who can't afford cable, or who only drive their car when it's absolutely necessary. People who eat a lot of ramen and eggs, whose cereal comes in dog food size bags. People that stopped celebrating Christmas because they have nothing to give.

You have to realize that there are very poor people in this country, and some of them are drawn to free videogames. I'm not complaining about the changes to the VIP/non-VIP balance, they gotta do what they gotta do, but stopped drooling in bewilderment when someone doesn't have money to throw away.

Thank you for showing me this point of view. Haven't thought so far.
Might come from the place I live and the exchangerate we get from â?¬ (EURO) to $ (Dollar). Its like 3 EURO is 7-8 DOLLAR.
I am really happy to live near an Military Station from the US (Heidelberg, near Ramstein) and got friend who can bring me in so I can buy stuff from the commessary. I only spend like 10 - 15 EURO and have the feeling I just bought the whole grocery store :thumb: (Indeed its always like bringing out 7-9 bags + xAmount of Bottles ect.

#69 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

3( When having a free to play server up for 4-5 years then bringing in new vip balance perks after all those years will defeat the purpose of free to play all together.

Valk opened end of September 2008 I thought. That's 3 years and 3 months. The F2P was never intended to be completely free from a business stand point. In reality it was their attempt at having an extended Free to Trial server. You like the game, you eventually spend some money to pay for its upkeep.

Look, you guys have to realize that non-VIP is baseline. To be VIP means you get benefits.

That is a matter of perspective though. To Ymir (and ex Chaos/Loki/Iris) players, VIP is seen as the baseline, and not f2p non VIP, and those players (as stated by Heim) have always proportionately spent far more money on KP and the game in general than Valk players, and in most cases are also the long term players that were playing before Valk and F2P existed.

On Ymir, even after the changes and move to F2P on all servers, the majority of players you might party with for TI's still buy VIP for accounts they are actively leveling. I guess this is why these latest changes don't really have a great impact on Ymir, it's still business as normal.

#70 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

That is a matter of perspective though. To Ymir (and ex Chaos/Loki/Iris) players, VIP is seen as the baseline, and not f2p non VIP, and those players (as stated by Heim) have always proportionately spent far more money on KP and the game in general than Valk players, and in most cases are also the long term players that were playing before Valk and F2P existed.

On Ymir, even after the changes and move to F2P on all servers, the majority of players you might party with for TI's still buy VIP for accounts they are actively leveling. I guess this is why these latest changes don't really have a great impact on Ymir, it's still business as normal.

i am a ex loki player from before valk was implemented. i see where your going but its not really the case in reality take a look at the population on both servers i mean even tho if you count half as bots that is still more then ymir has. and even stating something like that doesn't make it true the numbers do. people tend to go where the numbers are. i have chara's on ymir from my loki days but i haven't really played them because i hardly see anyone. and i know a handful of people that used to play Loki/chaos and have chosen valk as there main server for PVP WoE reasons. I spent alot of money on this game through the years. and im glad i did.

with the vip situation it looks like they have to make these changes and the only guess i can make is that not alot of people are getting vip. which is worrying me a bit. but i probably wouldn't have done it that way i probably would have offered like a enriched box or something from the shop as a gift for getting VIP. In my opinion TI's should have never been implemented in the first place but now that they are like KAD said it does hurt if your vip and have to wait for your party members to do a quest or walk to a map before you can actually party play. As for instance dun's yes if your vip you get access that makes perfect sense. Vip's should get perks of course but it shouldn't be to the point where it hinders your play with non vip.

Edited by shurareki, 08 January 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#71 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Number of players on a server doesn't matter to Gravity, just the amount of money being spent.

The non-VIP really should be able to use the warps, though.

#72 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

why dont we finally realise that its time to merge Ymir and Valkyrie?

I really doubt Ymir players would want to merge with Valk, because of bots. The two markets are completely different. It would be a huge change.

I think VIP should get more, as opposed to F2P getting less. People tend to me more willing to spend if they feel they're being given extras for shelling out money as opposed to being punished for not paying. Obviously, VIP does get more (they should) I'm just echoing that fewer nerfs and more buffs are favorable in this situation.

I agree with this, they should make VIP better, but not nerf non-VIP. (VIP here)

Edited by iiNote, 08 January 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#73 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

I really doubt Ymir players would want to merge with Valk, because of bots. The two markets are completely different. It would be a huge change.

Posted Image

#74 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

I agree with this, they should make VIP better, but not nerf non-VIP. (VIP here)

As much as I'd like to see the VIP package improved, Gravity now thinks regardless of what benefits VIP gives, it still wont be enough to make the non-VIP players buy VIP. Hence the nerfing of what non-VIP can do ingame.

Actually, on that subject I would ask those non-VIP players "what exactly would it take for you to purchase VIP?"

#75 Crim

Crim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

well all i can add to this u get what u pay for if u pay nothing u get nothing that how easy it is. Then taking up the point that you are poor and still want stuff for free well excuse me but cuz your poor does that mean i wanna make the ones working there ass off to make this game run get poor also ?? Mostly what I seen in allot of mmo´s that dies is they are free to play and often never get so many players that also use the cash shop making the game cost to much to run so in the end they have to close down the game. Let say we make RO completely f2p and seeing 5000 players play it and using cash shop I would bet you would not see update so often and if the server goes down it will take longer time to get it back up cuz of the reason they would make so little cash they can not affrod to have maybe one person working on the game. I my self play on Ymir and I use to see about 600-670 players playing on that server and I been thinking. If 600 players pay 10 dollars a month that would be about 72000 dollar per year in income I wonder my self if they did not have cash shop how would they even make it go round so u can pay all the expenses just to have the game up and running believe me it´s more expensive than 72000 a year to have a mmo up running.

If your not happy with f2p play and don´t plan to waste like 10 dollar 1 month then go play another f2p or don´t play at all. 10 dollar is not much skipp dirnking a few colas or skip that hamburger and eat some real food and you shall see u can afford 10 dollars. Im unemployed my self but still can afford 10 dollar it´s called setting your prioritize.

Man today's kids thinks they shall have everything for free.

last but not least I say it again u get what u pay for. If peoples asked me to work for free I would get rely pissed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users