F2P getting contant nerfs - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

F2P getting contant nerfs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#26 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'm not disagreeing completely with you, but please, take a chill pill. I guess I'm more on the edge since I only have one VIP account out of the four I have access to but...

Some of the changes ARE too harsh, like no having warps for non-VIPs to TIs where you need long quests to get to and how they're doing the turning in part, but in a way, I can understand them. They want more people to get VIP; it's a business, it makes sense for them to want more money. However, it upsets the players. It would be nice if a middle ground could be reached for this ( like use a reset stone for one to two weeks of being able to take both quests at once ), but getting VIP isn't even that hard, even if you don't want to pay. My boyfriend gets his VIP from doing offers to get WPE; it takes a while and I wonder why he won't just pay, but he does it to play the game with BENEFITS.

This game has been play to win ever since the kafra shop was implemented; it only became more apparent with VIP, lucky boxes, and the ability to sell WPE for zeny. F2P aren't getting nerfs, you're getting access to the game that most people had BEFORE any F2P model was there ( aka, before Valk ). I remember when there was no F2P, it was only P2P. Be happy and glad that it's F2P AND you get to do these nice turn ins. Back in P2P days, nothing like this was even imaginable, so be thankful for what you do get. Quite frankly, I think players, my self included, should stop getting spoiled and just be happy that you can play this game for free on an official server. I'd like to see less whining about VIP vs. Non-VIP and more constructive suggestions about it. Whining is annoying, and shouldn't get anyone anything.

#27 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

u haven't been around much long have you? this game DID RUN WITH TWO DIFFERENT SERVERS, 1 premium another free.

as for pay to play the game itself would be REALLY GOOD IDEA! at least it will be a direct implication that f2p are unneeded.

also u better learn English, you English is worse than me and my native language is surely not even related to English.

Unfortunately I think it's been made clear that in today's market, iRO just wouldn't survive with the old P2P, no cash shop scenario. :/

You also seem to be losing your temper like whoa, Heart. Take it easy. It's certainly not helping. There's always going to be the "You freeloaders suck!" hate going on from some people (not always as harshly said, but almost always there in some capacity), especially when these subjects come up, but I think that anyone who contributes positively to the game, even if not financially, should feel welcome and I'd hope that as a business, Gravity can recognize that as well.  

#28 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Here in Mexico, not all can purchase the VIP package, for us the price is about $105 pesos, that isn´t cheap for us. And as Sayoko/Mefisto said on other topic, a lot of people get about $50 pesos at day of work, and to eat, and have the basic things for your family, you must spend about $200 at day....

Well what i want to show to you is that not all pepole can purchase things like VIP or WP, but i'm almost sure that a lot of people is willing to buy things, some of them cuse the get some Extras, others (like me) cuse in that way you are supporting the game that you like. I´m lucky and i can afford the VIP cost, you can tell me that "I pay to Win", yeah, i pay to win a nice time playing Ragnarok Online.

Just remember this is a game, and games are supposed to be for people have fun on them. If you see the WIN in more that have a nice time, then you aren´t playing.

#29 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Gravity via the cash shop, now gets a cut of the player to player RMT that has always been a part of RO from the very beginning.

quite frankly, Gravity is a business--not a charity. TANSTAAFL

1. What do businesses do? They grow and try to profit , people get into any business for profit .
2. Valk started out as a f2p server to attract players to premium servers on their enhanced gameplay. But The idea was a failure. why ?
because
a) a lot more people joined valk because it was free
:thumb: people from premium servers joined valk
c) hence came the promotion of kafra shop items
d) valk long out grew its trial server status with its own dedicated population and niche.
e) people adapted to the lack of efficiency or the potrayed difference between the vip and premium servers, it was taken as a normal mode of leveling.
3. its due to 2 and a lot more such issues that the f2p mode was chosen To make people see the difference .
4. with this way a lot more people are encouraged ( not the first word i would use ) to acknowledge the benefits of the VIP status. they actually had a lot more profits with this strategy and are milking the proverbial cow...

5. I can understand your basic point of them nerfing the f2p instead of buffing the vip more . it is simply because they want revenues. if you stick to your niche area of game play and cosiness how can they get money from you? they are encouraging turn ins as a mode of encouraged party play and faster leveling ..
but you really forget even before these turn ins during the item turn in days of the goat maps... people still leveld in other maps and places , nameless,bio's magma,thors , titans, high orcs'.. only involving in these encouraged turn ins is that you get to meet a lot of people and party.

It just goes to show if things get complicated you have to get smarter.Also are you telling me you cant organize or get into a good party in a normal map and not gain better experience than this?

it is true that there are less and less people partying in the normal maps as they find the turn ins easier to get them through the grind.

working as intended.

#30 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

u haven't been around much long have you? this game DID RUN WITH TWO DIFFERENT SERVERS, 1 premium another free.

as for pay to play the game itself would be REALLY GOOD IDEA! at least it will be a direct implication that f2p are unneeded.

also u better learn English, you English is worse than me and my native language is surely not even related to English.

well yeah i my english is not good but i think my mentality is like much better then yours this post * DID RUN WITH TWO DIFFERENT SERVERS, 1 premium another free.* further shows that you cannot run a business and this post shows that you are a kid :thumb:

well those moaners i m also not a vip but i rather have other people buy more vip and keep the server up and hopefully if heim target is reached they would not rely too much on kapra sales.i rather suffer a bit then the game is being ruined and destroyed

Edited by slwl1, 08 January 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#31 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

Another thread of someone bitching..yet again about something IRO is doing yet you continue to play. :thumb: :thumb: :rofl: cry me a river!!!

#32 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

Game was fine before kafra-bought items became best in slot (AK helm, CEB, Immune Shield, soon-to-be Backpack, BFG). The best items used to require one to play. Now that person simply has to own god items, probably handed down throughout the Ragna-generations, and acquire thousands of Bloody Branches in which to get MVP cards during drop events.

Game was fine before battle manual X3 became the standard manual. You can get to 150 in a week with these; especially with spammable, ridiculous turn-ins.

Game was fine when +10 was the upgrade cap. +9 is the old +7, +12 is the new +9. Except it used to be possible to attain a +9 gear with many duplicates of antem and enemy-dropped elu. But now that Ymir essentially requires the use of +10 or higher gear to be considered a threat or to not die in one hit, it no longer becomes available simply by playing. Getting a KVM weapon to +9 used to be unthinkable. Now it's unthinkable that your main killers in your WoE guild aren't using +12 KVM weapons.

But you know what, guys? It's 2012, not 2005. The golden age of MMOs is over. The entire genre has moved to a casual gaming money sink. But it -has- to. People's attention spans are getting increasingly shorter. The amount of options for one to choose a game have increased dramatically. It's no longer about making a game the best it can be. It's about keeping a game alive long enough to make a profit. Ragnarok had to make these changes to reduce the entry barrier of new players. Without +12 gear, kafra bought items, and BMX3, new players would never be able to catch up to the established, powerful community. It's something that just has to be done for the game to stay afloat.

With that said, I feel as if Ragnarok is doing poorly. The amount of testing done on Episode 14 was really upsetting. The balance patch took way too long to come and it still has many problems. The GM team still doesn't know what the hell to do with the game and its party system and spoon feeds us places to go and things to do via turn ins. It feels like an unfinished and unpolished mess. But many of us stay because we simply do not want to play a game that requires us to use WASD to move.

#33 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

I'm confused to how 30 bucks for 6 months of vip is too much. I always thought valk was there for new players or old players to experience part of the game, to move to premium servers if they liked it. If not they can just continue playing for FREE, FREE, key words there. Besides the person from mexice (who may have a better computer then me may I add), i'm sure anyone who likes the game can afford to pay for vip.

Goes for anything in this world, you might find something free, but it's alot better when you pay in some way.

#34 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

VIP is for dedicated players. Non-VIP is for casual players. Casual players won't care about being unable to compete. It's designed to allow casual players to play the game, and then possibly become a dedicated player.

It's not even that expensive to buy VIP monthly.

#35 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

blaaaablaaaa blalabalalalalftoriwhgiowpehrheif I QUIT CAUSE ME CAN NOT PLAY WITHOUT VIP ANYMOOOOOREEEEEE QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ^!!!!!!!1111

Bye, was nice to know you :-*

But srsly, you are playing this server for free! You do not have the rights (in my eyes) do demand ANYTHING at all! There is absolutely NO Reason why anyone should not be able to pay 7$ a Month for a game. I am more than sure you are WASTING more than 7$ per month for useless crap, smoking, alcohol or any other not usefull investments that may or may not hurt your healthy (includes Fast Food as wel).
Think about it!

Gravity is a business and not the charity, you should be thankful for even being able to join the TI's at all cause they are considered as ,,VIP Stuff".

The ONLY reason I accept if someone isnt willing to pay for VIP is, if this person would suffer unreasonable from the exchange rate from their currency into $.

You may now want to bring in the argument ,,But I am broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". I dont care. If you are broken you should not be here at all, you should NOT wast your time with an Online Game at all. Instead you should go out and get a Job to earn money. But thats hard work, isnt it :thumb:? I know its easier to QQing than do some work at all.

Sorry for my bad words but I am tired as hell of leechers (Yes I see non vip's that arent donating money to Gravity via VIP or Kafra Points as greedy leechers) QQing cause Gravity or respectivly anyone else is taking away their candy again and again. If you dont like it, QUIT! or pay VIP. Do not QQing cause it wont change anthing at all anyways. Be consequent! Its your decision and at the end it doesnt matter if you are here or not, its just an +1 to the population that doesnt help to raise the funds. Sorry for my harsh words, eat it.

#36 NeoSaro

NeoSaro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationRO Ymir ex-Chaos

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

You're surprised?

All F2P games are the same. You pay? You get cool things. And when everyone have the powerful pay things, then it's time to release another :thumb: more powerful. And you look at any game, and it's the same, ALWAYS.

In 2008 they had people paying monthly subscriptions, so they can share a bit the costs. Now the only way to pay all things is the VIP and Kafra things. If there's no reason to buy them or there's no (or little) difference between the one that pays and the one that don't pay... who's going to pay?

Also it's just economy, if for run the servers each individual needs to pay 9$ for example, and there's 5000 people playing but only 2500 paying, then the people that pays needs to spend 18$. That's the F2P games, you can play free, yes, but another one is going to have advantages, because they pay their own subscription and your subscription.

In 2007 it was worse
Vip : Allowed to do all things
F2p : The only thing allowed was to post in the forums

#37 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

iro is technically free until you use a reset stone. even if you bought reset using zeny, somebody else paid for it.

btw, someone was right that vip is expensive if you are not earning in USD (unless the exchange rate is 1:1).

#38 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

It's called "VIP" for a reason. Here are your solutions.

1.) If you don't like being non-VIP, then get VIP.
2.) If you can't pay real money to get VIP, then buy WPE in-game with zeny.
3.) If you can't buy WPE in-game because you don't have enough zeny, then get more zeny.
4.) If you think you can't get enough zeny, you need to research the market or level up so you can hunt items more easily and diversify your product.

Honestly, investing in-game zeny (what like 90m on valk now for 1k WPE? It's really more like 70m because you get 300 KP leftover which you can use to sell kafra shop items to players) is totally worth it if you actually play over the 30 days that you have VIP. With 1.5x drops, you can easily make that amount of zeny in a span of 30 days. Plus 1.5x exp if you're not 150 already is an added bonus, on top of all the other things.

#39 Seiken7

Seiken7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

Here we go again, RO's Valkyrie server is free to play. If you wanna get your character technically spending money would get you there faster. Also, who makes the decision to spend the money? You? Everywhere you go anything is business but its just up to you if you gonna spend or not. Dont blame the game how they run its business after all. People nowadays always complain about things, all you gotta lose anyway if you gonna stay non-vip and no Kp items at all is your "TIME" I dont blame iRO management how they done it its just another business but its just the urge to spend but still you can survive in this game without spending. Probably, many people forgot the word, Hardwork. If you pay for something this game it gives more convenience so dont complain if you spent something, all you can is yourself coz u spent the money.

#40 Seiken7

Seiken7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

Here we go again, RO's Valkyrie server is free to play. If you wanna get your character technically spending money would get you there faster. Also, who makes the decision to spend the money? You? Everywhere you go anything is business but its just up to you if you gonna spend or not. Dont blame the game how they run its business after all. People nowadays always complain about things, all you gotta lose anyway if you gonna stay non-vip and no Kp items at all is your "TIME" I dont blame iRO management how they done it its just another business but its just the urge to spend but still you can survive in this game without spending. Probably, many people forgot the word, Hardwork. If you pay for something this game it gives more convenience so dont complain if you spent something, all you can is yourself coz u spent the money.

#41 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

Choose one:

1. Bye! Or,

2. Hi, welcome to Ymir!

#42 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

why dont we finally realise that its time to merge Ymir and Valkyrie?

#43 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

It seems like they're moving back in days when we had to purchase the cute headgear to get access to the turn ins.

I think everyone here (including Heim and Oda) are quite wrong. Turn ins were put because party system after renewal is broken (even with those changes they made). The turn in weeks really made people to play the game as a comunity and it's awesome. VIP system has benefits like the teleport to the maps or higher amount of exp, that's attractive but the new change it isn't. TIs used to be monsters in the same area so you are forced to kill them if you're there even if you're not looking for those monsters. Now the point is: you don't wanna waste your time? get vip. That's not cool at all >.<

Edited by Fibrizzo, 08 January 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#44 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

As a VIP player, I do NOT like the direction this VIP/non VIP changes are taking. Because I have friends playing on non VIP, and trying to do things togheter and walk at the same steps is more and more impossible.ç

By nerfing non VIPs, you are nerfing my VIP. Very much NOT appreciated.

#45 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

why dont we finally realise that its time to merge Ymir and Valkyrie?

Agreed but you have to send all of your bots in Valkyrie back to China.

PAY-TO-WIN... is there really anything more to say?

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 January 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#46 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

As a VIP player, I do NOT like the direction this VIP/non VIP changes are taking. Because I have friends playing on non VIP, and trying to do things togheter and walk at the same steps is more and more impossible.ç

By nerfing non VIPs, you are nerfing my VIP. Very much NOT appreciated.

So we have VIP players complaining about being VIP, and non-VIP players complaining about being non-VIP. Just goes to show, there's always something to complain about.

It's pretty obvious why the VIP system is in and why Gravity needs to make it appealing. Anyone can get by in this game without spending ANY real money at all, but in order for that to happen, other people need to pay money so that others can play for free. Otherwise there would be no iRO. You probably can get further more easily if you spend real money, but that doesn't mean you still can't get just as far without spending money. Welcome to the world of mmorpg's. If you don't like it, then pull out.

#47 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

may bea business and all that stuff, but the big difference iro is making between vip and non vip, is discouraging non- vip to play the game, which actually is bad for the game.low population affects the game more than anything else.
btw im vip and im complaining about how unfair it is for non vip.
and if you go with the "you dont like it, then dont play it" will kill the game so its pretty stupid to go like that, making everyone quit is not a solution

Edited by Raidius, 08 January 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#48 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

i wanna ask those whiners if maybe oda say you either have this trying to get more vip players or get more kapra :thumb: to screw our game. which one would you all choose?

i will get more vips :X

#49 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Look, you guys have to realize that non-VIP is baseline. To be VIP means you get benefits. Of course if you compare VIP vs. non-VIP, VIP is better. The question is whether or not the baseline (non-VIP) is still playable and fun. Well of course it is, or else there wouldn't be so many players. Players can get by just fine without VIP and get just as far as any other player, including one with VIP.

When you get onto your flight and walk past the 1st class passengers to get to your coach seat, do you write an angry letter to the airline saying that it's not fair? No, because you're getting what you paid. The seats in coach were still built for comfort and to accommodate people. People get by just fine in coach. Your trip might not have been as great getting to your destination, but you all end up at the same place regardless.

I really don't understand why VIP players are complaining about VIP. And non-VIP players shouldn't be complaining about how VIP makes the game so much better. Of course it does because you're PAYING for it, but you can do just fine without it.

#50 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Locationinside ur mind...
  • Server:VALK

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Lol you guys make me laugh it is not about qqing then the change of the future i was apposed to vip to begin with. Reasons why

1( Ragnarok was f2p to begin with for those of you that have joind us later on down the line
2( merging p2p options on a f2p just causes drama and a spiral down fall of market the 90% to 10% ratio
3( When having a free to play server up for 4-5 years then bringing in new vip balance perks after all those years will defeat the purpose of free to play all together.

What im getting at is gravity :thumb: up when making all servers free to play (so they say) but yet the game was all ready free to play (just not all servers) now when adding a pay to play option to a f2p server you get these post+people upset so those of you hatting don't even bother replying unless you played on a valk when it was truly free to play.

How about this.. you guys can no longer equip any gear above +6 cause that is vip privileges. or you can no longer wear ur lucky box headgear unless you purchase vip stuff like that is what the game is heading twords

Edited by xinn, 08 January 2012 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users