Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites) - Page 4 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites)

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#76 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

100 Int no longer gives freeze immunity.

#77 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

100 Int no longer gives freeze immunity.

For real dude? What server are you playing on?

#78 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Yes, since the balance patch. I currently play on iRO Yggdrasil and Classic.

#79 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Yes, since the balance patch. I currently play on iRO Yggdrasil and Classic.

Okay so this is valuable piece of information. Thanks dude. What patch are you guys with already? Could you give me a bit changelog?

#80 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

We got Bifrost and the skill balance update last December. For the 3rd job post-balance skill formulas, look here.
Since then, we also got Port Malaya and the WoE Investment System update.

#81 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

We got Bifrost and the skill balance update last December. For the 3rd job post-balance skill formulas, look here.
Since then, we also got Port Malaya and the WoE Investment System update.

Actually I've read this changelog already, but are these already proven? Or are they still "subject to change"?

#82 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

It's been around for almost a year already. Yes, it has been proven.

#83 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hey im new at the RG thing and im lvl 124 right now... i dont want to waste money by having my reset at lvl 150 so i want to start building my stats and skills right now.
I want to be a full suport(sacri/gospell) RG but i dont know what stats should i put 8(, also i would like to know with the new woe set(+9 and with marc/firelock) and inspiration/vanguard how much HP would i get to?

PS: sorry for my bad english c:

Id suggest you get INT lastly and focus STR>DEX>VIT>AGI as you will mostly go leveling, the new +9 WOE plate set + Inspiration for me boosts my HP to 80k+ and pretty good redux plus if your goin to equip Combat Knife, since you were saying you'll go support Sac/Battle Chant.

Thank you very much Hayroh. One final question, could you possibly list some potential leveling spots (&future leveling spots) for me? level 105 right now. I'm currently doing TI's of course but then there is the 23 hour period where you have to wait so I just wanna know what I can do in the mean time. Thanks again

As Vanishing or Overbrand mob leveling (can do solo but you will mostly bring lots of white pots & strawberries, saves more if your tagging with a support Arch Bishop), these spots may not be the best EXP-giving maps but as the spawns in these are pretty decent for leveling.

100~110 or 115 - Juperos (Dimiks/Venatus)

110~125 - Rachel Sanctuary (Isillas/Vanberks)

120~135 - Abyss Dragon Lake Lv 2 (Acidus/Ferus)

130~140 or 150 - Abyss Dragon Lake Lv 3 or Bio Lab or Scaraba Dungeon

^ note that these were effective from "my experience" and goin' to update 1st page post with these.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 16 September 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#84 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Q>If under Inspiration status, can you still be affected by full divest?

#85 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Q>If under Inspiration status, can you still be affected by full divest?

Strip/Full Divest/Masquerade is useless vs Inspiration (but not vs breaking gears equipments like Pinpoint ATK or Acid Bomb), additionally that Sorc's Diamond Dust cold/cryztallize effect (which wont let you use whatever skill/item). Though this skill is very situational thinking its short duration and long cooldown to re-use. As for me, I use this when rushing to precasts in emp rooms or chasing wiping enemy guild recalls with Reflect Damage on+Overbrand spam+Shield Lv 1+ Inspiration ATK bonuses+Magic String effects.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 September 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#86 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Strip/Full Divest/Masquerade is useless vs Inspiration (but not vs breaking gears equipments like Pinpoint ATK or Acid Bomb), additionally that Sorc's Diamond Dust cold/cryztallize effect (which wont let you use whatever skill/item). Though this skill is very situational thinking its short duration and long cooldown to re-use. As for me, I use this when rushing to precasts in emp rooms or chasing wiping enemy guild recalls with Reflect Damage on+Overbrand spam+Shield Lv 1+ Inspiration ATK bonuses+Magic String effects.

Okay thanks, so basically, all the SC's skills will not work on you except for Manhole right?

Would this stat build be plausible for Genesis Ray? Or does it lack int?:

STR 100 total
DEX 100 total
INT 50 total

Q: Pertaining to Mandragora Howling, does LUK reduce it's duration? Or does it have a chance to block it completely? How much LUK would do for anti MH?

Thanks

Edited by themarkgician, 18 September 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#87 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Okay thanks, so basically, all the SC's skills will not work on you except for Manhole right?

Would this stat build be plausible for Genesis Ray? Or does it lack int?:

STR 100 total
DEX 100 total
INT 50 total

Thanks

If you have 90 above STR even 1 INT and overugraded ATK gears like a KVM Spear, you will still be dominant in PVP since you deal more damage there than in WOE physics. My current RG from 100>78>now 55 base INT still owns with my Genesis Ray (and that I rarely uses this skill since that 1% EXP burning is pain in the ass and INT became only for my SP pool/recovery). But if you want pure GR then 90~100 STR and INT will be over pawning, and that it deals Holy Damage why Ghostring users can get 1-shotted by this, and if they try to counter it with Holy Armor, just use a Curse Water converter for your Overbrand and still kills anyone.

I was playing my RG for 90 DEX ever since and got enough hit rate since I rarely fight flee-classes like GXes and which you can stun em with Shield Press or just 1-shot poke em w/Pinpoint ATK (crit damage which never misses), but if you want cast time and more hit rate then 100 is good but I wont suggest pumping any stat for RG over 100 because they dont benefit much from it.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 September 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#88 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

If you have 90 above STR even 1 INT and overugraded ATK gears like a KVM Spear, you will still be dominant in PVP since you deal more damage there than in WOE physics. My current RG from 100>78>now 55 base INT still owns with my Genesis Ray (and that I rarely uses this skill since that 1% EXP burning is pain in the ass and INT became only for my SP pool/recovery). But if you want pure GR then 90~100 STR and INT will be over pawning, and that it deals Holy Damage why Ghostring users can get 1-shotted by this, and if they try to counter it with Holy Armor, just use a Curse Water converter for your Overbrand and still kills anyone.

I was playing my RG for 90 DEX ever since and got enough hit rate since I rarely fight flee-classes like GXes and which you can stun em with Shield Press or just 1-shot poke em w/Pinpoint ATK (crit damage which never misses), but if you want cast time and more hit rate then 100 is good but I wont suggest pumping any stat for RG over 100 because they dont benefit much from it.

Actually, the stats I stated were with job bonuses, that was not plain base.

Q1: Wait wait wait, I think I misheard you, was that Genesis Ray which burns 1% exp? I thought it was Inspiration?
Q2: Is there an icon when you use cursed water on your current patch on the server you're playing on?
Q3: Is there a huge damage difference of VP on a +6 KVM Glorious Spear vs a +9 KVM Glorious Spear?
Q4: Is there a difference in damage intake of an RG in PVP whenever your on gryph or off gryph?
Q5. Shield Press? I rarely use that skill, in fact, It's not even on my hotkeys, does this skill miss? How's the damage on this one?
Q6: Pertaining to Mandragora Howling, does LUK reduce it's duration? Or does it have a chance to block it completely? How much LUK would do for anti MH?

Edited by themarkgician, 18 September 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#89 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Actually, the stats I stated were with job bonuses, that was not plain bases.
Comment: I was replying for 100 total from base and Job bonuses, and again even plain bases doin 100 over isnt suggestive.

Q1: Wait wait wait, I think I misheard you, was that Genesis Ray which burns 1% exp? I thought it was Inspiration?
A1: in order to use gr w/o banding u need to be in inspi and that it burns 1% exp.

Q2: Is there an icon when you use cursed water on your current patch on the server you're playing on?
A2: any converters dont have icons here in iRO post-balance.

Q3: Is there a huge damage difference of VP on a +6 KVM Glorious Spear vs a +9 KVM Glorious Spear?
A3: If you have tried google-ing my other guide about KVM slaughter effects it will have more detailed info why you should go +9 over for your KVM.

Q4: Is there a difference in damage intake of an RG in PVP whenever your on gryph or off gryph?
A4: when ur in gryphon spear deals more dmg than off-one since you suffer the 75% size penalty lesser dmg.

Q5. Shield Press? I rarely use that skill, in fact, It's not even on my hotkeys, does this skill miss? How's the damage on this one?
A5: this skill is not meant for dmg dealing since even you max it will still deal low dmg, lv 1~5 varies the dmg and chances to stun.

Q6: Pertaining to Mandragora Howling, does LUK reduce it's duration? Or does it have a chance to block it completely? How much LUK would do for anti MH?
A6: Yes but I cant really say exactly the % to resist it but mostly here in iRO ppl wud have 20~40 LUK not only for howl resist but that every 3 LUK adds 1 ATK.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 September 2012 - 03:18 AM.

#90 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

Q: What if I'm already at 150/50, can I still get exp?
Q: Could you please give me a link on your guide for the slaughter bonus of KVM?
Q: I don't understand the damage penalty, do you mind giving a concrete example?

#91 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

Q: What if I'm already at 150/50, can I still get exp?
Q: Could you please give me a link on your guide for the slaughter bonus of KVM?
Q: I don't understand the damage penalty, do you mind giving a concrete example?

A1: you will still receive base exp not job and status bar wont show it unless you relog to char select screen and check your exp there, screenshot at first page of this thread.

A2: http://forums.warppo...effectformulas/

A3: All weapons have their size damage penalty and you should search irowiki about it since its more detailed there. But well, Spears on no mount deals 100% to large 75% to mid/small monsters. On-peco lets you deal 100% vs mid.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 September 2012 - 04:01 AM.

#92 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

Gonna add some stuff.
  • By "damage intake", I assume that you are referring to the damage that an RG receives. It's the same regardless.
  • Howling of Mandragora's success rate should be:

( Howling of Mandragora Base Success chance ) - {( Target’s VIT + LUK ) / 5 }

Base success chance: (25 + 10 * Skill Level) %

Also, you can't block it completely. It would always have a minimum success rate of 10%.

#93 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yes but the damage in take in general (lets say we talk about all the weapon types that you will take dmg) mounting of/on is indeed same, and thx for the correction, im on my iphone atm and misreading sometimes forums thru here. /thx

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 September 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#94 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

@Thanks Hayroh, but uh will the exp gain be like how a character normally gains exp before he reaches 150/50? Thanks for clearing things out.
@Thanks Smolderbil, if my LUK is 37 total and vit is 100 total including job bonuses, about how high/low are the chances of me getting hit of Mandragora Howling? Is it nearly below 50%?

#95 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

@Thanks Hayroh, but uh will the exp gain be like how a character normally gains exp before he reaches 150/50? Thanks for clearing things out.
@Thanks Smolderbil, if my LUK is 37 total and vit is 100 total including job bonuses, about how high/low are the chances of me getting hit of Mandragora Howling? Is it nearly below 50%?

I dont remember exactly but the exp gain from 149~150-ing and farming from 150/50 isnt that much difference. I got 30 LUK on me mainly because its for ATK bonuses since Howl can still affect you by chances and theres no official formula yet about it as far as i know to figure out resistance.

#96 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

Yes but the damage in take in general (lets say we talk about all the weapon types that you will take dmg) mounting of/on is indeed same, and thx for the correction, im on my iphone atm and misreading sometimes forums thru here. /thx

No problem. :no1:

Well assuming that the formula's accurate, it would be 47.6%. :D
And about the Exp thing, doesn't pRO still have those daily quests that give huge amounts of base Exp?

#97 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

I mostly do my EXP farming at Bio Lab 1st jobbers map, 10~15% with normal BM for a week to consume for my 2 WOEs, sometimes doin those Gramps TI if I get a good party.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 September 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#98 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

@Hayroh, okay so let's say you do your farming in the Bio Labs lvl 2, all that exp you gain, it's good for how many casts of Inspiration?
@Smolderbil I guess that'll do, but will luk lower the effects duration? Ex. From 1 min to 30 secs by chance? Yes, we have the so called Daily Quests, but will that still be feasible even if you're at 150/50?

#99 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

@Hayroh, okay so let's say you do your farming in the Bio Labs lvl 2, all that exp you gain, it's good for how many casts of Inspiration?
@Smolderbil I guess that'll do, but will luk lower the effects duration? Ex. From 1 min to 30 secs by chance? Yes, we have the so called Daily Quests, but will that still be feasible even if you're at 150/50?

I usually need and farm only 10~15% (15mil exp pts) and so same 10~15x Inspi casts, enough for situational usage for my WOEs.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 September 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#100 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

I usually need and farm only 10~15% and so same 10~15x Inspi casts, enough for situational usage for my WOEs.

I see, thanks for the insight, because I just got my RG to 150/50, and am currently researching more. So uh, going back to the Genesis Ray thing, will 50 total int and 100 total str/dex, be enough to wipe opponents off in PVP and WOE scenario? What if I'm not armed with any Godly items? Just plain old off the budget gears. And what are the " WOE physics" that you were pertaining to in your past replies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users