Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites) - Page 6 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites)

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#126 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Yep, thats good, actually it was almost same as one of my pre-renewal skill builds when I was playing support pally in jRO, tho my stat build was more on dex [because of Sacrifice cast time was variable before and can get instant], but since this will be for renewal [no more Sac cast variation so at pally levels 40 dex can be decent, but as you go RG and level, you may need at least 70ish for hit rate for average PVM-ing], Im pretty sure you are in the right track. Note also that the time you maybe using this Gloria Domini in WOE, it will save alot of ppl because sucking on most Suicide Mechs' SP will reduce its damage.

#127 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yep, thats good, actually it was almost same as one of my pre-renewal skill builds when I was playing support pally in jRO, tho my stat build was more on dex [because of Sacrifice cast time was variable before and can get instant], but since this will be for renewal [no more Sac cast variation so at pally levels 40 dex can be decent, but as you go RG and level, you may need at least 70ish for hit rate for average PVM-ing], Im pretty sure you are in the right track. Note also that the time you maybe using this Gloria Domini in WOE, it will save alot of ppl because sucking on most Suicide Mechs' SP will reduce its damage.

Yeah, pre-renewal you could reach instant sacri with mjolnir for example, those were the times *-*

Okay, thanks for the tipp on dex, I will keep it in mind and get a look how it does for now.

Thank you very much for the fast answer ^^

#128 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

At what level of upgrade does a KVM spear outdamage a brocca? I tested a +7KVM and +7 fs10 brocca in pvp and the brocca deals more damage. @.@

#129 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

O.o hayroh can we duel ur rg on my rg I just wanna see if u dont mind xD

#130 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I don't PVP anymore and RG 1v1 takes forever, anyways new comeback trailer for WOE 2013 on my Inspi RG.

Edit: Switching to non-battle build.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 27 March 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#131 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

hayroh, you should really go pvp with Handersen. I know the fight will be epic. His RG is awesome

#132 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hayroh Phoenix build 2.0 - Pure Support RG [Battle Chant/Banding/Sacrifice] added also at original post.

Overawe status inflicted by Banding [Overawe Chance: [(Base Level / 5) + (Skill level * 5) - (Target's AGI / 10)] % & [Effect: Slows down movements to 90% anyone who hits a RG on Banding or just walking near around that RG 3~4 cells away and lasts 10~12 seconds from what I tested].

Gears: [My personal stuffs I'll be using]
+12 Carat Turkey Hat [1] / + 12 Cat Ear Beret [1] / +9 Abysmal Knight Helm [1] / Feather Beret / +7 Alicel Hat
+9 Valkyrjar's / +12 Immune Cranial Shield
Maya Purple Black Frame Glasses / 3D Glasses / Masquerade / Black Devil's Mask
Hankerchief in Mouth / Umbala Spirit
Tao Gunka / Marc / Ifrit / Ghostring +9 WoE Plate [1] (Remember, set gives additional HP and demi reductions)
+13 KVM Spear / +9 Chanted Combat Knife
Variants / Firelock / Green Ferus +9 WoE Greeves [1]
Devilring / Raydric / Aliot +9 WoE Manteau [1]
Kafra Blossom / Glorious Rings / VIT or STR + 3 RWC Pendants & Rings [1]

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ probably the highest HP tank build you will ever see in a non-Inspiration RG even w/o Tao Gunka armor.

Edit: Will be updating when kRO 160/175/60 level expansion and new Limit Break skills patched in iRO.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 04 April 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#133 Saflid

Saflid

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:fRo Chaos

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hello Hayroh, i'm not from iRo but from fRo, but there you won't find ANY serious RG-expert, so i come to ask you here :P

I played WoE for quite a long time with this Build, we dont have Renewal for such a long time on fRo (sad) and at it's time it was more of a tryout.

http://irowiki.org/~...qsrAbnefdskDak1

95Str

80Agi

100Vit

48Int

68Dex

80Luck

Normal stuff, nothing expensive, but a Mjolnir for EB sometimes.

As you see, it's a "pure survival build" that is uncommonly impregnable by magic, has a very egoistic battle chant lv 1, and aside of this gives devo and unreels pinpoint3+earth drive+moon slasher when rushing.

ATM im considering if i should, with the kindest assistance of my new obtained +9KvM Spear(not very common on fRo, a quite outstanding item there), reskill/stat to something like THIS:
http://irowiki.org/~...5GFh1SdFadadak1

with either EB or VF maxed instead of 2 points on each (and yeah i like defense, i really wanna keep those def-Skills, just for my pleasure, although my tests showed that unlike guard etc prestige is not transmitted via devo :( )

or

http://irowiki.org/~...dnGF2SdFadadak1
with the inherent question how important SQ10 really is since i was not able to find answers rather than angry disputes on this subject in the internet.

a big THX in advance and i hope i didn't make too much of a "wall of text"

Edited by Saflid, 28 March 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#134 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Spoiler

You may just want 95 vit [for 100 total plus from job 50 bonus = stun resist], and boost your dex at least until 80ish or more, your first stat & EB build is good, for your second skill build, you have OB 10 so if you are going for damage dealing with your +9 KVM, I suggest you get Shield Spell 1 [gives attack boost], and max the skills that affect OB [Spear Mastery, Quicken, Peco, Cav Mastery], and for your third Prestige third build, I saw you have max Earth Drive, if you're going to WOE you may only rely on these as escape tool vs Extreme Vacuum etc. erasing Manholes Id suggest you get only ED 2, your max Guard is not also not much difference with lv 5 so Id suggest you put those skill points to somewhere else.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 29 March 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#135 Saflid

Saflid

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:fRo Chaos

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

THX for your advice :)
Many suggestions, i see that i've come to the right place :P

I'd only say Auto Guard 6 is always better than 5 because it has both the delay reduce and the last 3%-block-chance-increase.

Hm, last question, what is, by the way, your personal opinion on Prestige? 8 wasted Skillpoints?

#136 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

THX for your advice :)
Many suggestions, i see that i've come to the right place :P

I'd only say Auto Guard 6 is always better than 5 because it has both the delay reduce and the last 3%-block-chance-increase.

Hm, last question, what is, by the way, your personal opinion on Prestige? 8 wasted Skillpoints?

What delay? There are times Guard blocks and if block chained luckily asap with next Guard.

Prestige is a very useful skill vs Pre-casts and rushing, plus the DEF it gives together with good reduction gears, you will be tanking almost in God mode as almost like a Sura on Mental Strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krHHF8bfT0I

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 29 March 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#137 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Delay he's talking about is the movement lock you get when guard procs. Fromrenewal.playragnarok.com, the lock time is 0.3secs for guard level 1-5, 0.2s for level 6-9, 0.s1 for max guard.

By the way regarding your pure support build, I have a few questions:
1) Why do you place points in cavalier mastery, which in WoE only helps VP spamming?
2) Shouldn't you max endure too? The MDEF gained from endure is hard mdef, which helps tremendously against magic attack.

This would be my build
http://irowiki.org/~...Fqsbn1nSdqkDak1

Maxed guard because it blocks DB, extremely useful in DB precast war and guard effect transfers to the sacced member.
Gloria domini for awesomeness with glorious holy avenger (Doess SS3 armor breaking works with gloria domini?).
Piety, useful for reducing damage that uses elemental converters.

Edited by Phantaminum, 29 March 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#138 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Delay he's talking about is the movement lock you get when guard procs. Fromrenewal.playragnarok.com, the lock time is 0.3secs for guard level 1-5, 0.2s for level 6-9, 0.s1 for max guard.

By the way regarding your pure support build, I have a few questions:
1) Why do you place points in cavalier mastery, which in WoE only helps VP spamming?
2) Max endure too? The MDEF gained from endure is hard mdef, which helps tremendously against magic attack.

This would be my build
http://irowiki.org/~...Fqsbn1nSdqkDak1

Maxed guard because it blocks DB, extremely useful in DB precast war and guard effect transfers to the sacced member.
Gloria domini for awesomeness with glorious holy avenger (Doess SS3 armor breaking works with gloria domini?).
Piety, useful for reducing damage that uses elemental converters.

You have Prestige and Banding in this skill build, remember they dont stack at same time, but knowing to switch between them depending the situation is nice. Your maxed Earth Drive seems your personal preference over Moon Slasher, but either skill is good for a support build.

Yes it blocks DB but you may rather be using Defending Aura and slowly walk, since Guard block>hit delay>lock when proc-ed. Sac-ed ppl will have hard time to use their skills in most cases if they take alot of hits.

Gloria Domini and SS3 > idk about that since I never had GD in any of my skill builds. Maybe if someone who has GD and SS3 to confirm this will be a big help.

Piety > one of the best skills for reducing elemental damage eg. vs Pre-casts and endow/converter users = Yes, but I have Lv 1 because I only mostly use this for rushing.

1) I have some ASPD+Spear Quicken 1+Cavalier Mastery+Alicel Hat for Emperium breaking. My VP is only Lv 5 and only for skill pre-requisite.
2) Endure MDEF bonus is great yes, but I only have Lv 9 for PVM and never have used it in WOE.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 29 March 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#139 MordredKiller

MordredKiller

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1531 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hayroh Phoenix build 2.0 - Pure Support RG [Battle Chant/Banding/Sacrifice] added* [since I'll be mostly playing large scale GvGs and a good build for Tao Gunka armor user.] Also at original post.

Overawe status inflicted by Banding [Overawe Chance: [(Base Level / 5) + (Skill level * 5) - (Target's AGI / 10)] % & [Effect: Slows down movements to 90% anyone who hits a RG on Banding or just walking near around that RG 3~4 cells away and lasts 10~12 seconds from what I tested].

Gears: [My personal stuffs I'll be using]
+12 Carat Turkey Hat / + 12 Cat Ear Beret / +9 Abysmal Knight Helm / Feather Beret / +7 Alicel Hat
+9 Valkyrjar's / +12 Immune Cranial Shield
Maya Purple Black Frame Glasses / 3D Glasses / Masquerade / Black Devil's Mask
Hankerchief in Mouth / Umbala Spirit
Tao Gunka / Marc / Ifrit / Ghostring +9 WoE Plate [1] (Remember, set gives additional HP and demi reductions)
+13 KVM Spear / +9 Chanted Combat Knife
Variants / Firelock / Green Ferus +9 WoE Greeves [1]
Devilring / Raydric / Aliot +9 WoE Manteau [1]
Kafra Blossom / Glorious Rings / VIT or STR + 3 RWC Pendants & Rings [1]

^ probably the highest HP tank build you will ever see in a non-Inspiration RG.

Edit: Will be updating when kRO 160/175/60 level expansion and new Limit Break skills patched in iRO.

This seem like a great option for GvG or even PVP, since Defending aura now will protect us from Acid demostration.

Just a question Hayroh, someone tell me exist a bugg that allow stack 2 diferent shield spell levels, for example SS1 (atk bonus) + SS3 (break armor) at same time. Is that true?

#140 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

SS1 (atk bonus) + SS3 (break armor) at same time. Is that true?

its bugged and stacking in iRO, so thats a yes.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 02 April 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#141 MordredKiller

MordredKiller

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1531 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

but how?

- My atack is 167+282 using KVM+12 and Imperial guard
- I use SS1 167+402, unequip my shield and re-equip this
- Now i use SS3 and my atack down to 167+282

Or is a non visible bugg? or how can be stacked XD

#142 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think you need to cast ss3 first, then ss1. Not the other way.

#143 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hi Hayroh I saw your WoE vids and I noticed you use banding without having any RGs in your party nearby. Does it do anything in that situation?

#144 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Overawe status to slow down ppl around me, it really helps vs ppl on rush.

#145 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I gotta ask - Ever get a full party of Royal Guards and just go to town with Genesis Ray and Hesperus?

#146 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Why on both of your builds you don't up prestige?

#147 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Why on both of your builds you don't up prestige?

I mostly use Banding and Inspiration in WoE, plus since theres tons of magic damage gear reductions I stopped depending on this skill for tanking/dodging, But Prestige together with Vanguard Force is still one of the best tanking skills in PVM.

These 3 skills dont stack to each other means only one can be activated at a time.

#148 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

You mean tons of physical damage gear reductions?

#149 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

You mean tons of physical damage gear reductions?

Yes, WoE sets, etc.

#150 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

so a RG cant use banding and prestige simultaneously?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users