Ygg Maintenance Notes Thread *9/24* - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ygg Maintenance Notes Thread *9/24*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#51 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

I simply don't have the time to spend to do much lower level testing for Gravity as I'm sure many other players do not. Thereby, Gravity must realize that players need the ability to test out their builds on a quick rate server. Normal servers will never allow them to get to 150/50 before the initial reset NPC is taken out.

#52 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

Some people mentioned the Nereid in Thara Frogs, but I'm not entirely convinced that this guy is a problem because you can out run him if you need to.

He still goes sweaty. <3

#53 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

yeah ill be stopping now. yay i got a robot - no point in wasting time testing if this is just gonna hit ymir where i have zeny, gears, friends, and time.

N> zeny, hp+sp restore npc, and increased exp from quests. as in triple the levels we're getting after level 100. I know it won't be like this on the CS but some of us are providing a lot of bug reports and shouldn't be messing around "learning" which areas to fight in at our levels, we should be examing skills and stat changes between classic and renewal.

Edited by Ultimate, 13 September 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#54 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

Three spawn issues I've determined because of the NPC.

1) Culverts 4f has 5 cramps, which one shot everyone who is actually down there to level. That's kind of a problem.
2) Mjolnir Dead Pit has cramps, again totally demolishing players who need to level there.
3) Clock Tower High Orcs has Arclouze, which are 25 levels higher than high orcs. Not just a few of them, probably 1/3 of the monsters there are arclouze. Its now the only map with high orcs, and it's ruined by these monsters.

Some people mentioned the Nereid in Thara Frogs, but I'm not entirely convinced that this guy is a problem because you can out run him if you need to.

I imagine these are the kinds of things they want us finding.

No, my comment was meant in that he sends you to blatantly wrong maps sometimes.

To hunt Argiope he sends you to Mjolnir 06.
There are no Argiope on this map, there's a lot of poison spores though.

Is this just an error in the NPC or are there supposed to be some Argiope on this map? How should I know?

Compounding onto this problem is the fact he sends you to stupid maps to fight particular monsters, glaring instance being Drainliars.
Someone going to Penomenas to fight Drainliars would assume that this spawn was messed up because of all the hard monsters on the map, but no sane person would go to penos to kill Drainliars. On that map they are a pest monster, not a target monster. How many other maps does he send you to where you're killing the pest monster instead of the target monster for the map?

Simply, how are we supposed to know what are and are not the correct and intended spawns for a map if we're being sent to obscure maps which do not contain the primary spawn of the monster?

Do you see what I'm saying? If I'm supposed to hunt drainliars on the penomena map, then yes, the spawns on that map are messed up. If I'm supposed to hunt cramps and penomenas on that map, with drainliars being a pest monster, then the spawns are fine.

Edited by Sera, 13 September 2010 - 01:30 PM.

#55 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

Yay for leveling NPC. Can test more than 2 classes and devote some of the time that would have been for Henry to Eden :(

#56 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

make a z exchanger so we can actually test what weapons work and buy stuff we need. not gonna grind on a test server

Edited by BlackPotato, 13 September 2010 - 09:01 PM.

#57 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

All third classes should be added to the Valkyrie in South Prontera. I don't see the sense in only adding half of them, I imagine this was an oversight and not intended. This will be fixed shortly, yes?

And we need Zeny. While most of the Transcendent and higher weapons and armors are priced at 20zeny, we still need to buy flywings and potions... And please make sure there are NPCs offering all the catalyst items for trans and third classes as well as free gemstones, elemental stones, ammunition for the madogears and so on. This is simple stuff, guys. Lots of missing components.

Also - We need a Quest Skill NPC.

Edited by Kitten, 13 September 2010 - 08:31 PM.

#58 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

and its nice to just change to 3rd job, but we need to test the "quest" for it as well. since its a test server ya know?

#59 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:58 AM

They could probably just add the current NPCs that are on iRO's Sakray from the last patch test to Yggdrasil to make a well rounded test environment. Well, I feel that testing is kind of disappointing now that levels are free, but some things, like zeny, sp items and consumables are still a big issue.

#60 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:42 AM

yeah, I felt with helpful henry at least he had you fighting some mobs and trying skills as you acquired them. Now with the insta 150/50 it feels like half of the testing has been skipped. And now everyones' sitting in town on their 150's as they either have no zeny for resources, or no incentive/idea on what to go test and what mobs to test on.

Zeny and ores/stones/ammo etc sellers are most needed. Right now want to test FAW skills etc but cant as cant find a good place for resource hunting with drop nerf and lack of pots -_-

#61 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

The Valk gives only 5m instead of 10m like is stated,
The Valk leveling has no limit instead of the 30 level limit stated

#62 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

thanks for the npc with ores but it doesnt have red bloods ~___~ still need bombs and poison bottles

#63 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

Didn't know where to write this, but GX venom impress works in town, which i'm sure it shouldn't.

#64 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

thanks for the npc with ores but it doesnt have red bloods ~___~ still need bombs and poison bottles

^This, We need a lot more supplies than just that. All alchy items would be nice, also it would be nice to have an homunculus leveling option and loyalty leveling NPC. It also would be nice to have mercenaries and a loyalty leveling npc for mercenaries. And battlegrounds. But I guess that all that can wait after some third class testing has been done...

The supply npc is however a must be asap. -_-

#65 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:02 AM

thank you! i see now there was some plan for bug testing

Edited by Ultimate, 15 September 2010 - 04:02 AM.

#66 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

Heim would it be possible to add the Genetic Food making items to the NPC to see if the skill special pharmacy is working http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#67 Mart

Mart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

Is there a stat and job resetter yet? Not sure, but if there ain't: would be handy for testing various builds and thus more skills.

#68 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

yeah outside item shop in pront, just below the line of guards selling the equips (on left hand side)

#69 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

Things I would like to see:
Pile Bunker creation NPC (or if it's in-game, where is it?)
Brigans sold at NPC
BG/KVM gears available
WoE enabled on one castle or something.

#70 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

Things I would like to see:
Pile Bunker creation NPC (or if it's in-game, where is it?)
Brigans sold at NPC
BG/KVM gears available
WoE enabled on one castle or something.

The last 2 + all of kRO's fixes please. Shouldn't that stuff all get passed down the line?

#71 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

A WoE-rules environment is necessary for the next phase of testing, so I do hope it is accounted for.

#72 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

Don't some of the guild v guild PVP rooms use WoE mechanics? I thought some of them did.

Also, i don't think the free 150/50 takes something out of the testing unless one chooses to not test things at various levels (which I know i intend to)

#73 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

I would of tried G vs G but the rooms arent up either...

#74 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

I think this testing forums lacks serious organization. Please make forums within forums, so it would look like this:

Renewal Testing Forums
  • Changes to mechanics (complaints in general about drop rates, cast time, cool down times, etc)
  • NPC Grammar and English section (inconsistencies, quest requirements, etc)
  • Questions!!! (because we have tons)
  • Miscellaneous (if your qualm/comment doesn't fit in one of the above sections then include it here)
  • Class-specific forums
  • Rune Knight skills and complaints
  • Warlock skills and complaints
  • Sorcerer skills and complaints
  • Mechanic skills and complaints
  • Archbishop skills and complaints
  • Shadow Chaser skills and complaints
  • etc

Edited by Ultimate, 17 September 2010 - 03:05 PM.

#75 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

Posting here to ensure it gets seen by a GM - veins field 05 map got taken out but one of the NPCs for the GX jobchange was on that map and as far as I know it hasn't been moved, making the quest impossible to complete.

EDIT - map is accessible now. Still, the NPCs on that map should be moved if this map is still slated for removal.

Edited by TheGuindo, 17 September 2010 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users