January 24 Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 24 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#26 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Illiterate huh? I am a med student, you better watch what you say.
and I only got wps coins, I didn't get the cebs and immune shield, do you want me to COPY AND PASTE IT HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE?
Valkyrie server
Creampie First Class guild

lol

Cry and cry until you succeed.

Edited by zr0rieu, 23 January 2012 - 08:02 PM.
edited quote

#27 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

so people were doing the kvm cooldown trick to bypass the wandering dragon cooldown? you stay classy iRO

#28 CreamyBooty

CreamyBooty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

lol

Cry and cry until you succeed.

I did succeed no thanks to you.

Edited by zr0rieu, 23 January 2012 - 08:01 PM.
leave out the insults.

#29 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

I did succeed no thanks to you.

thanks for the entertainment mr. biology student.

Edited by zr0rieu, 23 January 2012 - 08:01 PM.
edited quote

#30 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Love the new stuff.
The Spotlight idea looks really interesting! Keep up the good work.

Edited by iiNote, 24 January 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#31 WNxAnima

WNxAnima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for all your work.

#32 WNxAnima

WNxAnima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for all your hard work.

#33 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Will Zeldy and Draco (the forger) leave tomorrow? Im so unlucky that i still dont have my gold dragonhat :dunno:

Dragon event will still be active?

#34 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

Novus TI? Looks like I'll be sitting out this week.

#35 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

Illiterate huh? I am a med student, you better watch what you say.
and I only got wps coins, I didn't get the cebs and immune shield, do you want me to COPY AND PASTE IT HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE?
Valkyrie server
Creampie First Class guild

Hello,

Being a medical student doesn't really make you 'literate'. Gone are the days when educational qualifications/achievements vouched for having common sense.

Chill out.

#36 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

Sounds good. I like the spotlight idea.

#37 aurasphere

aurasphere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:07 AM

4.Gramps Turnins:
70 - 95 Red and Yellow Novus

yay lv 70-80 gets one of the hardest lv 90 monster AGAIN.

Thanks, may I suggest Scaraba monsters or Dolomedes for the next 70-95 TI? Or Bifrost monsters. Hey, Bio3 monsters works too.

lv 90-95 won't have any problem with Novus, but it's ridiculous when lv 70-80 chars have to hunt a lv 90 monster for their TI, and it's not an easy one either, it's one of the fastest monster in the game in terms of Aspd. Two weeks ago is even worse, Rafflesia may has lower level, but it is still one of the fastest monster in the game in terms of Aspd, AND IT HAS RANGED ATTACKS.

Seriously, I doubt anyone who actually needs the 70-95 TI is doing the TI, because the monster chosen for the TI is ridiculous.
In Valk at least, I never see anyone forming a party for the 70-95 TI.
IMO, either give an easier monster next time for the 70-95 TI, or let 90-95 has the harder monsters while 70-89 has their own TI with easier monsters.

#38 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

Thanks, may I suggest Scaraba monsters or Dolomedes for the next 70-95 TI? Or Bifrost monsters. Hey, Bio3 monsters works too.

lv 90-95 won't have any problem with Novus, but it's ridiculous when lv 70-80 chars have to hunt a lv 90 monster for their TI, and it's not an easy one either, it's one of the fastest monster in the game in terms of Aspd. Two weeks ago is even worse, Rafflesia may has lower level, but it is still one of the fastest monster in the game in terms of Aspd, AND IT HAS RANGED ATTACKS.

Seriously, I doubt anyone who actually needs the 70-95 TI is doing the TI, because the monster chosen for the TI is ridiculous.
IMO, either give an easier monster next time for the 70-95 TI, or let 90-95 has the harder monsters while 70-89 has their own TI with easier monsters.

Stop crying...be greatful you have challenging TI`s or TI`s in general man. Every1 wants the easy way out lolol

#39 genusis

genusis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

It was too high. Players were too heavily incentivized and rewarded to work to bypass the quest lock out timers. It was intended to be 1 for a "group" but you all are too good at the system it seems and it was generating too many OCAs and was causing too much instability in the instancing servers, so adjustments were made. If we devalued the OCA like it has been on other servers (taking out the good cards) then it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but we have kept the good cards in the OCA, so it shouldn't be as common of drop from 15 minutes of effort as it was.

That NPC never should have happened, we did all we could to rectify and fix the issue. Just like now, this is an issue and we are adjusting so it works on our servers. We have the responsibility to make changes and fixes for the game, and I will do it even if you personally don't like it. I am sorry if that hurts your feelings but I have not found a single post from you in a year that is supportive of anything we have tried to do.. and really it seems like it is just a habit of yours to disagree with us out of habit. But it is also possible that we are the exact polar opposite when it comes to everything that is Ragnarok and unfortunately I can't "not do anything" when there is a problem.

and? i dont see any problem good cards doesnt have a high drop chance

#40 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Best Maintenance ever, cant wait.

I am really looking forward to see this new costum stuff about Amatsu and other areas^^

By the way, any chance to get 2x EXP for another week?
Not asking for selfish reasons, just for the fact that the people that might got left out this 2x exp week during ti might want a piece of the cake as well :dunno:?

#41 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Looks fair enough! Any idea if iRO custom skills changes are on the way anytime soon?

#42 Murpin

Murpin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

I also would like to vote on another week of 2x. I thought there would be more posts about it.

#43 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Stop whining... there's a reason Eden board quests exists! Do them first and get some more levels if you can't handle these Novus guys in the TI.

They are level 84 and 90 respectively for crying out loud. Level 70s get full EXP from them. :dunno:

#44 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

You are mad cause TI's are to hard for you?

Listen to this video and everything will be fine ^_^

If this helped you get over it, this surely will

OH WAIT WHAT!!?!??! You still mad !?!??! No way !! LAUNCH THE TROLOLOLROCKET!!!

[youtube][youtube]

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 24 January 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#45 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hard except for those with silver drag hat + gold hat + dragoon shield.

54% reduction ftw or 74% for sages heh

#46 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Little spoiled brat...
IF you don't like it go back to your eden board quests. Obviously they weren't gonna give you a quest that you could just solo out super easily. The idea is to force you to make a party to accomplish the goal.

Edited by iiNote, 24 January 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#47 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

3. Amatsu Spotlight event will start. We are trying to write 'spotlight" guides for each area of the game, when we put the spot light on that area will have exp/drops enhanced. Also a "Guide" will be there that will give you an EXP reward for finishing that areas quests. This is to help new and old players to experience the joy that exists in the volumes of story and quests RO has to offer.
We need help making the guides perfect, so if you have a thorough understanding of an area please do give us some input so we can be informative as possible.

I really like this "spotlight" idea, there are a lot of "no longer explored" areas of RO unfortunately that could use some attention. However, the reason for the empty maps is because there are a lot of maps and dungeons that provide no challenge or reward once a character reaches level 100 (which is very fast now). If it's possible, consider making overlook style dungeons of these "spotlight" locations that scale the monsters in a difficulty and EXP range that is similar to other monsters in the range of 100-150?

For example, make a copy of Amatsu Dungeon and make level one a 100-115 map, level two a 115-130 map, and level three a 130-145 map (just remember to take out Samurai in the special map).

To make it more challenging, and if it's possible, consider giving some of the monsters 3rd class skills to use at a low rate.

#48 Azrulean

Azrulean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

I don't understand the whining over the TI quest choices... i use to play when ragnarok had iris loki n chaos... for whoever use to play then remember when there were no TI's? remember it use to be Bio3 parties or abyss? or just straight up grinds for 1 - 6 hrs to get maybe 3% - 10%? maybe? unless u were apart of some bigger guilds or had multiple friends on game and could set up harvesting parties off hydro. or the such.. QQ less play more ... just my thought.

Edited by Azrulean, 24 January 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#49 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

remember before we even had ice titans and we had to grind on turtles!!! Those were the days :dunno:

#50 gameJ

gameJ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Just wonder if the 2x exp will stay and stack with the TI reward too. Also, if possible, can we gave the previous 4 TI for 1lvl range like the jupos? That is the best TI ever but gone for months :dunno: would u like to make the reset cooldown shorter? Cuz 3hrs is really long while the server in Ymir has only 100 active ppl and all doing different TIs, we really short on manpower

Edited by gameJ, 24 January 2012 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users