January 24 Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 24 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#51 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Would like to know if GM will work on arch bishop/warlock random mora gear trade in option, like how you can trade unwanted arch bishop rings for coins back. Thinking about selling to npc a storage packed of judgement gears, if there's no intention of fixing that crap randomization.

#52 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

More to be added as its ready.

1. Dally Quen will now tell you what his 2 dice rolls were so you can diagnose any problems with receiving items, also to prove the numbers do increase daily.

2. Lost Dragon in the Myst Woods will have OCA drop revisited. By default OCA is a 75% drop, our changing the order of the drop effectively made it a 12% item drop (too low). We will have it updated to drop at a 33% drop so 1 in 3 kills gets an OCA.
3. Amatsu Spotlight event will start. We are trying to write 'spotlight" guides for each area of the game, when we put the spot light on that area will have exp/drops enhanced. Also a "Guide" will be there that will give you an EXP reward for finishing that areas quests. This is to help new and old players to experience the joy that exists in the volumes of story and quests RO has to offer.
We need help making the guides perfect, so if you have a thorough understanding of an area please do give us some input so we can be informative as possible.

4.Gramps Turnins:
70 - 95 Red and Yellow Novus
105 120 Arclouse and Ancient Mummy
125 - 140 Knocker and Imp

heim could u guys fix in today maintance , the bug with the +12 CEB? (carat ear beret) is not working the 16% more damage against demi human monsters, just the reduction, i think this need a urgent fix since all of us spent a lot of money trying to get our hats :dunno:

#53 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

are you sure? i tested this last week on my mech and it worked. i guess i'll see later again after i get off from work and post results

Edited by Andini, 24 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#54 Hedonistic

Hedonistic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Ooh, spotlight idea is exciting! And Amatsu's one of my favourite regions. Fabulous update!
Turnin sounds interesting. I haven't checked out novuses since pre-renewal, hmm!

#55 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

hey heim, is there any way like when you gave the count for ales to give a count for the total zeny on each server as well as how spread out it is among the playerbase or is it mostly in huge chunks

#56 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Event, event, event and more exp event. When will they fix the old bugs and put a reuse time in the yggseed/berry?

#57 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

dubba d's this week plz

#58 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Where is this "troy" npc. the slot adds from the groove packs are sorta worthless without knowing where the npc is. >.> i went to the exact spot in payon where the wiki said and its blank /swt

nvm i saw he was moved to eden ...../swt

Edited by Digimonic, 24 January 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#59 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

Event, event, event and more exp event. When will they fix the old bugs and put a reuse time in the yggseed/berry?

They day you will stop asking this.

#60 Sonster

Sonster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

why dose everyone talk sh!t to eachother on here yall are ridiculous even the gm had to say something stupid and this isnt a bad maintenece
they dedicate hours n hours of there life to this of course
people are gona complain when u dont give them wat they want the games frustrating KVM has been broke for how long??
fix other things befor u add new stuff?
go ahead n say somethin back wont hurt my feelings
come see me on the real life concrete jungle say somethin sideways id stomp the beat out cha chest lil kids
Tr34 b!tches

yea i didnt grow up learnin how to spell say somethin less obvious,i can take yo girlfriends n beat yo a$$ tho things i think are more useful

frustrating

Edited by Sonster, 24 January 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#61 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

GM's should update the merry badger items turn in. should include things like hellfires, doomslayers, and safety rings to name a few. thoughts?

#62 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

why dose everyone talk sh!t to eachother on here yall are ridiculous even the gm had to say something stupid and this isnt a bad maintenece
they dedicate hours n hours of there life to this of course
people are gona complain when u dont give them wat they want the games frustrating KVM has been broke for how long??
fix other things befor u add new stuff?
go ahead n say somethin back wont hurt my feelings
come see me on the real life concrete jungle say somethin sideways id stomp the beat out cha chest lil kids
Tr34 b!tches

yea i didnt grow up learnin how to spell say somethin less obvious,i can take yo girlfriends n beat yo a$$ tho things i think are more useful

frustrating

English please

#63 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

hi

before, we had the ancient tree/phylla map for the gramps ti. and that map was left with gramps even after the ti ended with the new maint. this was because ancient tree and phylla regular spawn sucks so people finishing that ti would have difficulty finishing it.

on that note, please keep the gramps bifrost map for this upcoming week because people still have characters that are not done with the ti. and finishing that ti on the regular bifrost maps with 5 mantis or 5 spiders or the instance map is somewhat ridiculous.

thanks

#64 aurasphere

aurasphere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

lol, looking at the replies here, it's either the people here never try to do the 70-95 Novus TI because they are out of range already since before we even have TI for the first time (and thus is too strong for them, hence them having no problem, especially with powerful gears on their disposal) OR they didn't even realize it's a 70-95 TI. What's the point of making it available to lv 70-85 if they can't do it because the monster is too strong for them? Hence why I said give them weaker monster for TI, or even a separate TI.

Yes there are Eden Group boards, but telling them to just do the Eden quests implies those weaker players should not do the TI, but only do the Eden quest instead, because currently the TI is definitely not designed for them.
Which brings us back to the above point - what's the point of making the TI available to 70-85? Might as well make it available only to 86-95.
Not to mention you guys are using the TI as well to level, so saying "don't do the TI" is kinda contradictory. Why they can't use the TI to level while you can?

And before someone thinks I'm one of those weaker players....no, I'm also already out of range.
I just feels sorry for the weaker players who can't advance via TI and has to resort into grinding random monsters (or the Eden quest)
They want to do the TI, they have the option available to them, but they can't do it because the monster is too strong. It's just....kinda looks stupid, IMO.

That's all, I won't say anything else.

EDIT : just checked today, turns out I was still in range....weird, I could swear I was already out of range.

Edited by YohanesW, 29 January 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#65 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

The Exp Drops will end with this week, but the Amatsu area will be enhanced with the Spotlight being there.

Homunculus S should be coming in today as well. We have it working properly on Sakray, but will need to make sure it works on the live servers to be sure everything works ok with it.

I don't have a means to keep the old TI maps active, so the BiFrost one will be hard to finish, but that is why we gave a week ot complete it.

As for the Mental Stick in our testing it does exactly what the description states.
What is it about it that is not working?

For exchange in of Mora Gears: will have to work on this for future weeks. I am short handed this week which is why I'm not trying to get them in now.

#66 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

lol, looking at the replies here, it's either the people here never try to do the 70-95 Novus TI because they are out of range already since before we even have TI for the first time (and thus is too strong for them, hence them having no problem, especially with powerful gears on their disposal) OR they didn't even realize it's a 70-95 TI. What's the point of making it available to lv 70-85 if they can't do it because the monster is too strong for them? Hence why I said give them weaker monster for TI, or even a separate TI.

Yes there are Eden Group boards, but telling them to just do the Eden quests implies those weaker players should not do the TI, but only do the Eden quest instead, because currently the TI is definitely not designed for them.
Which brings us back to the above point - what's the point of making the TI available to 70-85? Might as well make it available only to 86-95.
Not to mention you guys are using the TI as well to level, so saying "don't do the TI" is kinda contradictory. Why they can't use the TI to level while you can?

And before someone thinks I'm one of those weaker players....no, I'm also already out of range.
I just feels sorry for the weaker players who can't advance via TI and has to resort into grinding random monsters (or the Eden quest)
They want to do the TI, they have the option available to them, but they can't do it because the monster is too strong. It's just....kinda looks stupid, IMO.

That's all, I won't say anything else.

Yes they are... IF you work as a team you can totally do it. Lol I would solo those small little suckers when renewal hit on my LK... Please don't tell me It's impossible, because it's not. You just have to stop thinking like a soloer and start thinking like a party/team.

With a party you can totally do it. And FYI TI's were made mainly to revive parties because according to the player base parties aren't "good enough".

Start thinking up strategies. Don't just recruit 4 Wizzes who are super squishie and have no tanks. Or no healers... cause I've seen parties that are like that. All they do is try to maximize killing when they can't stand all the mobs and then they complain that they CAN'T do it/It's too hard.

Every single class has a pro and a con work around them. Is that so hard to do?

If newer players can't learn that, then they'll have a very hard/bad time on future mobs/quests/WoE's and what not. It's one of the basic principles of this game. Better start from early than later on.

@Heim: Any news on the fixes to the mado gear bug in party? If there's a mado gear in party for some reason the AB is not allowed or it fails to heal other members of the party with Coluseo Heal.

Also if you guys can fix the bug where we can't use any accesory skills at all when on a mado gear, and this also includes guild skills. Can't use the accesories to warp to Mora or El Discastes with a mado on.

Edited by iiNote, 24 January 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#67 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

The Exp Drops will end with this week, but the Amatsu area will be enhanced with the Spotlight being there.

Exp Drops? We didn't get any 2x drops lol

Edited by Pres, 24 January 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#68 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

they forgot the publisher quest where you fight the dokebi and Am Mut for tames

#69 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

You didn't even put that there was a drops event in during last patch notes. It felt like there was more loot than normal, but the only thing we had to go by is your notes, which apparently were incorrect. Meaning we didn't get :dunno: out of this weeks drops, because nobody knew it was increased. Thanks a lot.

It's been a while since the last 2x drops anyway, and servers were down for a while this week. Please implement.

#70 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

And please increase the success rate of the Draco NPC's dragonhelm upgrades >.> It's getting a tad boring spamming the Lunar quest over and over with so many failures to +8.

#71 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

before we get our 50% kafra back by friday, can you put in 50x boxes of foods again

#72 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Will there be any kind of guide put on the website for how to get a Homun S? Considering no one was able to test it on Sakray...

#73 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

You didn't even put that there was a drops event in during last patch notes. It felt like there was more loot than normal, but the only thing we had to go by is your notes, which apparently were incorrect. Meaning we didn't get :dunno: out of this weeks drops, because nobody knew it was increased. Thanks a lot.

It's been a while since the last 2x drops anyway, and servers were down for a while this week. Please implement.

+1. It wasn't even in last week's patch notes. Spent the whole week leveling my maestros, wow.

#74 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

i would have burned gum and hunt stuff if i knew there was drops increase, also is kind of annoying to miss it cuz there wasnt an adv. about it
i hope its just a typo

Edited by Raidius, 24 January 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#75 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

didnt even know there was a drop event..... thanks been waiting to pop bb's :dunno: and yea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users