#51 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

i just log on twice a day before and after work to do summoner on my chars and coincidentally login has been done both morn and now :)

#52 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Posted Image

#53 xDeathAdderx

xDeathAdderx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast! ...or lhz/Izlude/S.Pront :D
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

You should spend your time more wisely, hoping for things that dont happen year after year...is a waste ^_^

#54 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

The only way to counter DDoS is to throw money at it. I have doubts this is due to DDoS.

#55 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

my friend, who still has vip, popped a bmx3 and job manual and did turned in 4 turn ins she had. then she realized the game bugged out on her and her acct had no vip even though it should have.

a similar thing happened to me but i didn't care cause it was just a 150/50 char turning in for guild exp so that my char could pick up a new quest.

but my friend wasted bm and didn't get the full amount of exp she was supposed to. imo, she should get some kind of compensation.

and this serves as a warning to others to be careful when they do their ti.

#56 Shieldheart

Shieldheart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

does this happen here often?

#57 xDeathAdderx

xDeathAdderx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

every year around voting time lol

#58 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

my friend, who still has vip, popped a bmx3 and job manual and did turned in 4 turn ins she had. then she realized the game bugged out on her and her acct had no vip even though it should have.a similar thing happened to me but i didn't care cause it was just a 150/50 char turning in for guild exp so that my char could pick up a new quest.but my friend wasted bm and didn't get the full amount of exp she was supposed to. imo, she should get some kind of compensation.and this serves as a warning to others to be careful when they do their ti.

that happened to me too aimee. but guess what they said? they can't do anything about it. so yeah, waste of bm and exp and most of all. TIME.

#59 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

What give the VIP players an extra weeks VIP?

Pretty much. So far, lost 2 Weekend WoEs, and a large chunk on peak hour playing time, even if not DC'd or not able to log in, VIPs lose the benefits and have wasted battle manuals and gum (seeing as it's double drop - lol) on non-VIP rates instead of the correct VIP rates. So yes, they should give make some type of reimbursement of VIP for the last two weeks of not being able to sort the DDoS issue out (not to mention all the S Homun mess they created in certain zones DCing ppl on top of everything else). Two weeks of wasted VIP should be reimbursed by two weeks of VIP given back.

Edited by lainee, 02 February 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#60 xDeathAdderx

xDeathAdderx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

To be honest, when this happened before (end of 2010?) I don't think they ever solved the issue that time either. I think those that were DDoSing just eventually got bored of it and stopped. I think iRO is just hoping the same thing will happen this time.

yeah thats what always happens lol

Of couse they wouldnt tell YOU that..

#61 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Unfortunately, at the moment, looking into it is the best we can do. Our IT guys are trying to find a solution as soon as possible, since we know this is exceedingly frustrating for everyone, ourselves included.

I'm sorry but gravity's excuse for the past 2 weeks has been: "Your IT guys are trying to find a solution" or "Were looking into it" every single time the servers go down. I am beginning to question the DDOS attack excuse and thinking this could be some sort of server issue the player-base isn't being told about. Whatever it is it needs to be fixed as the constant crashes of the server have gone on long enough they need to be put to an end. For the sake of the player-base some sort of compensation needs to be given as well since not getting the full value of VIP with all the crashes, and players are beginning to quit daily because of the servers crashing so much.

#62 xDeathAdderx

xDeathAdderx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

So sad, i remember when theyre actually used to be 10k people on ONE server...when we had three....now one server is lucky to have 900....lol. Actually!!! After this past week, its been lucky to break 500. gj gravity! =] keep ya head up and stay positive IM SO PROUD OF YOU ^_^!

#63 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

does this happen here often?

Once a year or so when someone gets butt hurt. These latest attacks are probably in relation to the WoE1 time change on Ymir.

#64 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Pretty much. So far, lost 2 Weekend WoEs, and a large chunk on peak hour playing time, even if not DC'd or not able to log in, VIPs lose the benefits and have wasted battle manuals and gum (seeing as it's double drop - lol) on non-VIP rates instead of the correct VIP rates. So yes, they should give make some type of re-reimbursement of VIP for the last two weeks of not being able to sort the DDoS issue out (not to mention all the S Homun mess they created in certain zones DCing ppl on top of everything else)

Well If they want to keep their customers they will Just waiting for Heim or someone with the authority to reply to that suggestion. I doubt it will get fixed anytime soon.... as the Login in down again apparently....

#65 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Ever since RO win the best P2P server in MMOSite 2011 Reader's Choice Awards, things like this happens. It barely happen before :)

#66 Lordblight

Lordblight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

RO fails again i guess its the new customer appreciation trend. buy our vip services, w.p. points for continuous disconnective service. hmmmm sound like they just want less people playing. having a messenger do their dirty work is sad even if the messenger volunteers.

#67 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

It barely happen before :)

Are you new?

#68 Cargona

Cargona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Yeah...I've been playing on and off since 2003. I've probably dropped enough money on this game to put at least 1 of the GMs kids through college. As a loyal customer, I am getting a little annoyed by this tomfoolery. "We're working on it," isn't going to be a viable excuse for much longer. I fear that others will grow tired of this and simply move on. Come on, Gravity, you cannot achieve this position in life and then let some snot-nosed punks leave your cheese out in the wind.

Edited by Cargona, 02 February 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#69 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Been playing since March 2010 :)

#70 ZeroGrav007

ZeroGrav007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

So sad, i remember when theyre actually used to be 10k people on ONE server...when we had three....now one server is lucky to have 900....lol. Actually!!! After this past week, its been lucky to break 500. gj gravity! =] keep ya head up and stay positive IM SO PROUD OF YOU ^_^!

just saying but, its funny how you say you will go somewhere else with your time, yet you still lurk around the forums. Good job being a Hypocrite

#71 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

imo, instead of wasting time making new stuff work in RO. why not make the damn server stable first and lag free? just my two cents.

#72 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Hehe. Maybe one of the other mmorpgs saw ro up in the ranks and decided to ddos it to get their game to the #1 spot

#73 gabbyjay13

gabbyjay13

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNevada

Glad I wasn't doing anything impor.... oh wait. /sadpanda

#74 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Personally, I wonder if this person who keeps DDoS crashing the login server just plain doesn't want other people to play when he/she (probably a he) isn't online. Maybe they're grinding away but don't want other people to make progress when they're offline. Otherwise, why would peak hours not be perma-blocked and WoE nonfunctional?

In my opinion the server keeps faceplanting when this tard turns on his little server-ping spamming macro or something whenever he's not currently playing the game himself.

Kind of annoying that the server was down for what? 12 hours this morning? And now it is again - LOVELY!

#75 heartnotsubasa

heartnotsubasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Valkyria

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

I just got back home and this always happen... sad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users