• This topic is locked This topic is locked
483 replies to this topic

#426 Foureyeco

Foureyeco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

i did spam my login before i read the post asking us not to spam....
that was yesterday or the day before i cant rmb...
but i didnt spam today.... i try once every 30mins as suggested... but i am being banned now..
just issued a ticket... seems like i wont be able to play today =(

#427 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Some can log in, some cannot. Let me guess... those who can log in, don't bot. True? :P

Huh there are 1,500+ players on right now in valyrie server... I don't think none of those are bots...

Edited by BIade, 07 February 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#428 Armagh

Armagh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I guess jamming the login after you dc when your mvp is about to respawn in one minute makes you a botter, okay.

Nope. That won't make you a botter, unless you used bot (in xmode) to mvp. :P

xcore, opencore, bot program generally bypass client program when log in to the game server, easily differentiable by the system from manually log in via the client program.

Also, no human finger can type so fast, can log in to the server, faster than a bot program.

#429 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

login server is up as ive been able to login my alt account so for those having issues logging in try restarting ur router/computer. Sometimes will fix the issue of not being to connect.

#430 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

ok can someone guide me on how to run a tracert? it says "tracert.iro.ragnarokonline.com is not recognized as an internal or external command" :P

tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com

#431 blitzkreig123

blitzkreig123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

and now i gotta send it as a ticket? tnx for helping xD

#432 blitzkreig123

blitzkreig123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

wait how do i send it :P

#433 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

wait how do i send it :P

Click the Support link at the top of the page... ( Its next To members )

#434 daprofit

daprofit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Is there anyway to find out if your IP has been blocked or if the server is just down? I ran tracert and nothing out of the ordinary still can't login. I submitted a ticket saying my IP may have been blocked but no sure way to tell.

#435 heartnotsubasa

heartnotsubasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Valkyria

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Click the Support link at the top of the page... ( Its next To members )

Did anyone here got back?

#436 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hmm- I can log in, but when I do it's really laggy and I get disconnected right away. Can't tell if this is my problem, or if everyone else is lagging in-game.

#437 heartnotsubasa

heartnotsubasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Valkyria

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

This is what I received for like twice now. They're not reading my message! :P
They're just copying and pasting it. :omg:

Greetings coming from the WarpPortal Support Team!

We do apologize for the difficulties that you have encountered recently upon trying to log in on Ragnarok Online. Please be informed that we are aware of this issue and our team is currently working on a permanent solution to the said issue.

We have been encountering an increase in log-in attempts in Ragnarok recently, this only denotes that there may be an intended attempt to shut down our login servers by force. If you have been blocked, it may be because you have been attempting to log in the game numerous times more than a normal client can even attempt. The reason for this could be either of the two things:

1. You may have been using an illegal 3rd party program or your device has an illegal 3rd party program.
2. Your device may have some sort of virus and are now a â??zombieâ? computer unintentionally attacking our server.

We would like to suggest you to try logging in your account again. If you have not been able to connect to our server after 30mins, you have been possibly blocked due to this incident. To resolve this issue, please see the steps below:

1. Run an antivirus scan on your computer
2. Uninstall any 3rd party programs that you have installed
3. Submit your IP address to us. You may find your IP by visiting http://www.whatismyip.com/ , you must submit to us the IP Address that will show up in the given site.

We may forward your case to a relevant department for further review after we get your IP address.

Once your account has been unblocked, we strongly advise you to limit your frequency of log-ins to avoid your account from being blocked by our servers. Please be sure that your system is clean from any virus and that you are not using any 3rd party programs. However, if you encounter the same log in issues after your account has been unblocked, you may refer to the same process so we may request for your account to be released.

Any official information regarding lost playtime will be on the website and on the forums, after the issue has been resolved. We seek for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If you have other concerns, we encourage you to send another ticket and we will be delighted to be of assistance.

Yours truly,

Adrian
Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

#438 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

We do apologize for the difficulties that you have encountered recently upon trying to log in on Ragnarok Online. Please be informed that we are aware of this issue and our team is currently working on a permanent solution to the said issue.

We have been encountering an increase in log-in attempts in Ragnarok recently, this only denotes that there may be an intended attempt to shut down our login servers by force. If you have been blocked, it may be because you have been attempting to log in the game numerous times more than a normal client can even attempt. The reason for this could be either of the two things:

1. You may have been using an illegal 3rd party program or your device has an illegal 3rd party program.
2. Your device may have some sort of virus and are now a �??zombie�?? computer unintentionally attacking our server.

We would like to suggest you to try logging in your account again. If you have not been able to connect to our server after 30mins, you have been possibly blocked due to this incident. To resolve this issue, please see the steps below:

3. Submit your IP address to us. You may find your IP by visiting http://www.whatismyip.com/ , you must submit to us the IP Address that will show up in the given site.

We may forward your case to a relevant department for further review after we get your IP address.

Once your account has been unblocked, we strongly advise you to limit your frequency of log-ins to avoid your account from being blocked by our servers. Please be sure that your system is clean from any virus and that you are not using any 3rd party programs. However, if you encounter the same log in issues after your account has been unblocked, you may refer to the same process so we may request for your account to be released.

Any official information regarding lost playtime will be on the website and on the forums, after the issue has been resolved. We seek for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If you have other concerns, we encourage you to send another ticket and we will be delighted to be of assistance.

Yours truly,

Adrian
WarpPortal Support Team

There is nothing to read, this is the only possible reasons you would be blocked from RO but not from our websites.

If you can't reply with your IP address to them and state that you have cleaned your PC then we can't check and release you from any blocks. Pasting your ticket answers in the forums also violates the confidentiality clause which may cause service issues.

I did just check your IP, and yes you were blocked for attempting 176 login attempts in a very short period of time.
Stop it.. If you can't login, try back in a few minutes, minutes not seconds.

We will not have this restriction permanently but for now it is the only way we can stop the login server from being killed. We are releasing most of the ip blocks shortly after we look at what other behavior took place on them.

#439 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

2. Your device may have some sort of virus and are now a �??zombie�?? computer unintentionally attacking our server.

Yours truly,

Adrian
WarpPortal Support Team

so what did your msg to them say?

#440 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

There is nothing to read, this is the only possible reasons you would be blocked from RO but not from our websites.

If you can't reply with your IP address to them and state that you have cleaned your PC then we can't check and release you from any blocks. Pasting your ticket answers in the forums also violates the confidentiality clause which may cause service issues.

So any valid news so far for us?

Heimdallr : We are releasing most of the blocks now, after a brief look at each ips behavior.
This likely means most of hte tickets that are in waiting status probably will be non-issues.

But we will have to continue blocking "hammering" attempts when each incident occurs. Players will get temp blocked during this time if they make excessive attempts at login. If we don't temp block, the servers will not come back up at all.

#441 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

I did just check your IP, and yes you were blocked for attempting 176 login attempts in a very short period of time.

I'd actually be asking for system logs of what processes are running on a persons computer when seeing that many login attempts from a single IP. Also find out if they are playing/connecting from home, or elsewhere (wifi spot, net cafe, school etc)

Edited by lainee, 07 February 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#442 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Jesus, 176 login attempts? :x

Has anyone noticed that over half of the people with problems still connecting are from valk? *cough*

Edited by dontleaveme, 07 February 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#443 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

LMAO 176 attempts and yet they think their computer is fine. I've been telling you all, don't think that your computer is fine because its not acting up. Do an actual scan, use a proper scanning tool, an anti spyware or anti rootkit scanner (malwarebytes, superantispyware, housecall, spybot search & destroy, and many other). Once again if you get IP block please scan and clean up your PC. Regardless whether you think you are a comp savvy or not, hundred connection attempts in short period of time is a strong evidence that your computer is a part of botnet that attacks iRO server. Or maybe you actually connects with 3rd party program (bot), I doubt it though, hehe.

#444 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

We will not have this restriction permanently but for now it is the only way we can stop the login server from being killed. We are releasing most of the ip blocks shortly after we look at what other behavior took place on them.

You can attempt to log within the time the client let you
1:lag on first attempt
2: have more than 1 client open

You just have to do this once to get that you can't log back.
Most player have multiple accounts already and this screw up mvping since the first logged get the mvp.
You should compensate this giving free summon for players who got the mvp before the login went down
Lost nearly 5 hours of play today because I accidently tried to log on a 2nd client to see if it was the server who was down or my modem who likes to dies ever 3-4 days for no reason.

:omg:

WoE should be cancelled untill it's the problem is solved. I bet most player ip banned are mvpers :P

Edited by fgabriel26, 07 February 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#445 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Is it down now or am I blockerized?

#446 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

176? definitely fishy. :P

#447 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

I can see everyone finally being able to get back on then, boom, maintenance.

#448 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

176? definitely fishy. :P

average time for login down is 1h20 so 80 mins that bit more than 2 login attempt per mins

#449 Foureyeco

Foureyeco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

guys, if u cant login, then go do something else...
after being unable to login for 5 hours...
i can finally login!!!!!!
guess they released my ip!!!
not gonna spam login again =(
lesson learned!

#450 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

average time for login down is 1h20 so 80 mins that bit more than 2 login attempt per mins

that's like pretty OCD...can't say i wouldn't do it though hahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users