~Naughty Bits~ - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

~Naughty Bits~

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#26 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

at least its not like this

#27 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Actually.. if you zoom in allllll they way.. Female rangers don't zip their shorts. :l

Female rangers dun zip their shorts so their showing panties under the short can combine with their showing bras under the top ^^;

#28 Thexare

Thexare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLaying on the ground somewhere

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

I always did like the female Swordsman and Crusader for just that reason. Shame about the promotions though. Wizards and High Wizards weren't too bad, at least in the realm of the quasi-semi-realistic - impractical for combat, of course, but they're mages, they can almost justify it.

But yeah. I'm really not a fan of that.

If you're going to go for more realism in the sprites,

Less about realism, more about having a little bit of class. I mean, this is a game that has an equippable monocle!

Personally, I don't care so much about how much my female character is wearing as I do whether or not the costume is cute or cool-looking. Skimpy outfits just never bothered me as much as ugly ones. o.o

Male Sage to Scholar. Ugh. It's almost enough to make you not want to rebirth.

#29 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Male Sage to Scholar. Ugh. It's almost enough to make you not want to rebirth.

Whaaaaaa?! But- but that's crazy talk!

I love the male scholar sprite, on the other hand. It's one of my favourites... WELP, I GUESS WE'RE SPRITE PREFERENCE ENEMIES NOW.

#30 Thexare

Thexare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLaying on the ground somewhere

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Honestly it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much coming off any other class, but to go from the Sage to that... Even setting arguments of "does it suck?" aside, it's completely different from what you had before.

(I'm okay with the Sorcerer though.)

#31 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Dont say most of you turned-on just with sexy female sprites xD

#32 Wingcovers

Wingcovers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

A little idea just dawned on me that MIGHT actually be realistic for future development. :ic: (Still very unlikely, but not improbable nonetheless) What if the sprites were organized into a system of upgrades similar to the Eden armor upgrades, only in regards to fashion?

For a simplified hypothetical example:

NPC: Oh you're ready to upgrade to a Paladin/Royal Guard! Congratulations! As a small recognition of your new rank, you're free to choose some new armor! (Paladin/Royal Guard Sprite design) Of course, you may choose to remain in your current attire if you wish, (Crusader Sprite design) but you are welcome to upgrade at this time.

ME: I'll keep my clothes on, but thanks though! *walks away* :ho:

This is of course very exaggerated, lol, but I don't feel the concept is unbelievable. That way no one would have to suffer engineering countless new sprite gear/costumes and people would just be left with the simple option to choose between their own class looks once they become available. It could provide a healthy feeling of choice/customization without impeding the system, while at the same time giving people access to their personal preferences.

Yes? No? :hmm:

Edited by Wingcovers, 16 February 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#33 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Female rangers dun zip their shorts so their showing panties under the short can combine with their showing bras under the top ^^;

So...every female ranger is like "Two Hands" Revy"?

#34 DeliriousWisdom

DeliriousWisdom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

meh, the female sprites don't bother me. My Royal Guard is always on her Gryphon so I rarely see her armor anyway. They should make the male outfits more skimpy like cod pieces XD I wouldn't be able to party seriously seeing a man in a cod piece using clashing spiral hehehe...

#35 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

If you really want a decently dressed char, get a Female Shadow Chaser. If you are WAAAAYYY to uptight you could get a mechanic and just wear the mado all time.

How about a costume for you: Burqa.

#36 Wingcovers

Wingcovers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

If you really want a decently dressed char, get a Female Shadow Chaser. If you are WAAAAYYY to uptight you could get a mechanic and just wear the mado all time.

How about a costume for you: Burqa.

It has nothing to do with being uptight. I haven't condemned anyone for what they feel looks good on their character. It solely concerns my personal desire for armor that looks appealing but covers more of my sprite's body at the same time. And it doesn't even have to do with my morals either. >_> I just simply can't take a character seriously when they're armed with little more than thongs and high heels.

#37 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

kRO couldn't even get an alternate RK costume set-up, so chances of alternate costumes for every female class... Not very likely. :hmm:

#38 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

Personally, I think you should have that choice. Choice of sprites...figure the odds on that coming any time soon.

Yea, seeing how they replaced the rk sprite instead of keeping both. lol

#39 Gemeinschaft

Gemeinschaft

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

I have actually played a MMORPG where female characters are as heavily armored as the male characters (especially when wearing plate) but they still look nice. :hmm:

#40 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

It has nothing to do with being uptight. I haven't condemned anyone for what they feel looks good on their character. It solely concerns my personal desire for armor that looks appealing but covers more of my sprite's body at the same time. And it doesn't even have to do with my morals either. >_> I just simply can't take a character seriously when they're armed with little more than thongs and high heels.

Most elite soldiers wore next to nothing...
Hoplite
berserkers
and many others...

I just don't see the big deal with "skin" or not. A better suggestion would be: alternate character sprites

As a side note this could be good for parties...
alt 1= full plate (get tanks to wear it)
alt 2= light armor (get DPS to wear it)

Edited by morakdais, 16 February 2012 - 06:09 AM.

#41 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

Also, why do kRO gives given almost every female class high-heel shoes? They have high heels fetish??? :hmm:

Seriously I went playing laser tag with my boyfriend with high heels on and it did not work out, with me getting shot on the face 20 times and tripping too often because it was dark. :ic:

They should add an exclusive status effect to all female sprites wearing high heel shoes: Knockdown - 5% chance of getting knocked down for 5 seconds when moving or getting attacked

Wanderer win because they wear flats. <3

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 16 February 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#42 Tanthalas23

Tanthalas23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

And here i thought the community loved to fap to certain extent.... :hmm:

#43 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Curiously I think female warlocks are the most "decent" female third class now that I noticed what fluffy said about rangers D: [Though my friends don't like the pants]

And weirdly, I like the paladin sprite. Though I never saw how "sexy" it was before checking the site. But it looks pretty smooth in the game. Covering the stomach would make it look better I think, but it is a good clothing, unlike the crusader sprite, that is annoying for some reason I'm not sure [but the alt color of the crusader looks nice]

#44 Wingcovers

Wingcovers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hoplite
berserkers
and many others...

I just don't see the big deal with "skin" or not. A better suggestion would be: alternate character sprites

I want to see this long list of "most elite soldiers" getting away with wearing "next to nothing", and I already suggested alternate character sprites in another response. :ho:

And if by Hoplite, you mean these guys: Posted Image

, then I'm really not sure what you're talking about. All the vital organs occupying his torso are covered, and despite the skirt, he's got a shield, shin protection, and NO HIGH HEELS. And berserkers? That's a very broad term, and isn't really defined by the armor... Anyone could technically be a berserker. If you're referring to a movie or game-generated type of berserker wearing little clothing, that point is also invalid. It's a method, not a look, and one that usually ends in a very short lifespan.

And the ones who did live longs lives were most likely deliciously insane :ic: and not wearing high heels. :hmm:

Edited by Wingcovers, 16 February 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#45 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hoplite
berserkers
and many others...

Protip: 300 is not historically accurate.

#46 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

1776 wasn't either, but it'll blow your -_-ing mind.

#47 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

I want to see this long list of "most elite soldiers" getting away with wearing "next to nothing", and I already suggested alternate character sprites in another response. :ho:

And if by Hoplite, you mean these guys: Posted Image

, then I'm really not sure what you're talking about. All the vital organs occupying his torso are covered, and despite the skirt, he's got a shield, shin protection, and NO HIGH HEELS. And berserkers? That's a very broad term, and isn't really defined by the armor... Anyone could technically be a berserker. If you're referring to a movie or game-generated type of berserker wearing little clothing, that point is also invalid. It's a method, not a look, and one that usually ends in a very short lifespan.

And the ones who did live longs lives were most likely deliciously insane :ic: and not wearing high heels. :hmm:

To be more correct that would not be a hoplite... that is a centurion (roman soldiers using adapted greek strategy/armor/arms)

Most hoplites did not wear full chest armor, usually a brestplate, or at most leather armor.

Berserkers are nordic frontline soldiers, known for wearing only pelts, and not much of it.

Zulu warriors wore barely a codpiece, and were quite successful at combat.

Blackfoot, mochican and several plains indian tribes....

Picts and gaelic/celtic tribes fought in little to nothing.

Most of these armies where more successful than more heavily armored troops, and this is only the start.

Really the only icon you could use Xenobia/Senobia/Zenobia (dependent on translation).

#48 Wingcovers

Wingcovers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

To be more correct that would not be a hoplite... that is a centurion (roman soldiers using adapted greek strategy/armor/arms)

Most hoplites did not wear full chest armor, usually a brestplate, or at most leather armor.

Berserkers are nordic frontline soldiers, known for wearing only pelts, and not much of it.

Zulu warriors wore barely a codpiece, and were quite successful at combat.

Blackfoot, mochican and several plains indian tribes....

Picts and gaelic/celtic tribes fought in little to nothing.

Most of these armies where more successful than more heavily armored troops, and this is only the start.

Really the only icon you could use Xenobia/Senobia/Zenobia (dependent on translation).

When I researched Hoplite, those are the images that appeared, so the terms could be interchangeable, unless you have a more specific examples. The cultures you referenced are indeed, impressive, and they held their own for quite some time. BUT - they, and their combat attire, are no longer utilized today for a reason.

Even in countries relatively further behind in development than others don't send their armies into battle dressed in straps, beads, paint, and loincloths. I'm sure there are some exceptions to this in extreme cases, like modern-day tribal cultures who still cling to their traditions (and their natural environment and access to tools in general) in matters of battle.

Now, I'm also not discriminating between males and females in regards to vulnerability either. A man is just as vulnerable as a woman when parts of the body are exposed. My original post came with the implication that fighting female designs in modern games and movies come with the style stigma of sex-appeal, while completely abandoning practicality.

The warriors of the cultures you mentioned were strong and admirable, but still vulnerable. Women are often dressed in sparse pieces of armor out of popular preference, despite the availability of classy, yet conservative designs. Trust me, I think there are many gorgeous combat designs for women that aren't necessarily practical, but still beautiful. Nothing wrong with that taste if that's what someone prefers. It's simply -my own preference- that I look classy, but dressed with common sense in regards to battle. Some disagree, and that's okay. But, I'm sure there are some who also feel the same way I do, and there's no harm in it.

Charon posted a great link in an earlier response that I think you might like. I'll leave it here for those who missed it. It's definitely worth the time if this topic of debate interests you.

Fantasy Armor and Lady Bits

Edited by Wingcovers, 16 February 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#49 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Male GXs could use some cleaning up. Children play this game and one of the classes is "Bondage Slave"

#50 Wingcovers

Wingcovers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Male GXs could use some cleaning up. Children play this game and one of the classes is "Bondage Slave"

I just have to say....

That your avatar...

Had me doubled over laughing, in tears.

Love it! :hmm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users