Homunculus S findings, post here. - Page 3 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Homunculus S findings, post here.

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#51 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Mind telling me how poison mist works? Irowiki says it does dmg 1.5 seconds at level 5. So does it do a total of 6 hits at level 5? How much dmg per hit in od2? Don't need exact numbers, just wanted to know what to expect for future use. Want to start looking at maps I could mob and kill decently with it for power leveling when it gets enabled.

Does about 200%*atk damage - since skills have global delays on sak, can't test it whether it's atk or matk based, but I assume it's atk based. So like 1200 unbuffed at lvl 150.

#52 Exiled

Exiled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I have a 121 Sera atm, Poison Mist doesn't work good in OD2 at all, undead is immune to poison and Zenorcs are 75% resist against poison. But its good for collecting Zenors since it still hits them. My Sera does only about 450-550 dmg on Zenorcs and Skeletons are immune to Mist. But Poison Mist does about 1k dmg from my Sera atm to Orc Archers. It is a pretty big AOE and hits once about every 1.5 secs for 20 secs at level 5.

#53 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

hmm, 1k to orc archers every 1.5 sec or for the total duration? 1k over 20 seconds really makes mob leveling impossible sadly :x

#54 Exiled

Exiled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

It does 1k every 1.5 seconds. If it did 1k over 20 secs I'd quit Sera and remake :P

#55 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Oh thank god, I was scared there for a second XD
Mobbing up sleepers or high orcs might actually work then :)

#56 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Not exactly sure how I did it, but there's some bug with Lava Slide where I can cast more than one at the same time. I was in geffen dun 3 and placed two of them right next to eachother. (they were both legit - did damage, etc) It might have had something to do with being pushed back with JT.

Also, at 110 my Lava Slide is doing 1~2k depending on the monster's element. It's still very useful and is amazing for leveling. SP is NEVER a problem, even though it's an Amistr->Dieter. So far, I've found earth petites and harpies to be the best areas to use Lava Slide to level with.

#57 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

try mobbing up more than 5 mobs so you can spam it ^^
also, try stacking it with ash effect for more dmg (:

#58 Exiled

Exiled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Paink Killer mob then Poisom Mist should work great. I'll let you know how it works once I get Pain Killer in 1 more level. I tested pain killer with immune and cranial equipped on Sakray in bios2 and I was taking 1 dmg from all mobs. So DR and racial shield should most likely do 1's from most mobs in pvm.

#59 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm considering using my Defolty doll hat with painkiller actually. Painkiller and switch to the hat to get lvl 10 angelus if I need a further reduc. Assump scrolls would also help in further reduction. Immune and racial also help as you said.

Edited by dontleaveme, 10 March 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#60 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Not exactly sure how I did it, but there's some bug with Lava Slide where I can cast more than one at the same time. I was in geffen dun 3 and placed two of them right next to eachother. (they were both legit - did damage, etc) It might have had something to do with being pushed back with JT.

Also, at 110 my Lava Slide is doing 1~2k depending on the monster's element. It's still very useful and is amazing for leveling. SP is NEVER a problem, even though it's an Amistr->Dieter. So far, I've found earth petites and harpies to be the best areas to use Lava Slide to level with.

There is no bug, you just aren't doing it right

#61 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Sorry azzy, I know I've been bugging you(along with other people) about asking every question possible making your job stressful. But i do appreciate you going over ut again knowing you've gone through it tons of times before.

As for what's been said, it sounds awesome, the bee is really cool, hell they are all awesome, which made chooing the right one so friggen hard. But I am going to start my testing asap. My bug is 70% at 98 so I should be done tonight, ill post my stats on the other thread.

#62 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Alright so I've figured out this little bug with Lava Slide, and from what I can tell, every other AoE homun S skill as well:
If you can get your homunculus to move its position while casting an AoE skill, you can recast another skill in that time period. This can happen due to pushbacks or if the homunculus manages to move while casting in order to keep up with your cart boost, etc. With my homunculus, I can cast Lava Slide, then Castling while it's casting the original Lava Slide, and quickly recast another Lava Slide before the first one is finished casting, effectively placing two Lava Slides. I've been able to place up to three Lava Slides at the same time using this trick. However, after doing this you have to relog or change maps because the homunculus thinks it still has active Lava Slides placed. I've tested this with Volcanic Ash as well, so I'm pretty sure you can do this with any other homunculus skill.

Edited by Daize, 11 March 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#63 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Does summoning/unsummoning rectify the bug instead of relogging?

#64 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Does summoning/unsummoning rectify the bug instead of relogging?

Wow, that didn't cross my mind at first. I tested it just now, and sure enough it does. This could be perfect for non afk leveling amistr->dieter homuns until it possibly gets fixed. (lol)

Once you get the hang of it, you can easily lay down 3 lava slides every attempt using the castling trick.

#65 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

now that seems awesome. I actually hope they don't 'fix' that, because it seems nice and technical. Something for Deiter users to master.

Also another argument for Amistr > Deiter. Very nice.

#66 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

:o does this works with "poison mist" on an Amstir->Sera? i would test on mine, but she is just lvl 100 xD

#67 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

at one point I was able to get two poison mists down. No idea how I did it. I was trying to manually cast it at the same time the AI was trying to cast it.

btw, poison mist speed up od2 leveling by A LOT. my sera was 116 last night and she's 119 now :D

#68 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

You're probably better off NOT trying to exploit bugs to put down extra AoE skills.

Can anyone confirm that Volcanic Ash actually effects monsters? It doesn't seem to increase damage from fire... (tested on sak with Pyro up, but that may not be the best test). It DOES however effect owner, and presumably other players, in PVM!

AzzyAI 1.50 will support autocasting Poison Mist on owner's location.

#69 Glittercandy

Glittercandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Can anyone confirm that Volcanic Ash actually effects monsters? It doesn't seem to increase damage from fire... (tested on sak with Pyro up, but that may not be the best test). It DOES however effect owner, and presumably other players, in PVM!

Volcanic ash affects the owner and other players in pvm.

In od2, volcanic ash + pyro + lava slide (at level 135) does about 5.5-6.5k damage to orc skeletons. Pyro+ lava slide does about 3.8-4.3k.

#70 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

You're probably better off NOT trying to exploit bugs to put down extra AoE skills.

AzzyAI 1.50 will support autocasting Poison Mist on owner's location.

You sir have just made my day. :p_love:
I've felt kinda mean when my sera randomly casts it on top of another player :x Everyone has been nice and understand at least so I've yet to be bitched out, thanks to all those that are dealing with my sera's random poison mist locations atm :D

Edited by dontleaveme, 12 March 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#71 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

How the hell did you get a Homun S to 135 already?

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 March 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#72 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

It's very possible. My sera was a lvl 1 vani less than a month ago. (I reset a few days before the first free intimacy) Almost level 120 now. If I had my original sera she would be in the 130-140 range.

Edited by dontleaveme, 12 March 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#73 Glittercandy

Glittercandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Dieter is easy to level, especially with 2x exp.

I just go to magma 2 and use magma flow + flywings and aid pot it.

I tried scaraba 2 the other day and it hurt like hell. I've tried other places too and magma 2 is still the best so far.

#74 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

Dieter is easy to level, especially with 2x exp.

I just go to magma 2 and use magma flow + flywings and aid pot it.

I tried scaraba 2 the other day and it hurt like hell. I've tried other places too and magma 2 is still the best so far.

If only poison mist worked well at magma 2 :<

I've been mobbing up harpies when I'm bored. Poison mist can 1 shot them and they don't hurt very much. Going to try high orc later.
Od2 has just been so good exp wise I've been to lazy to actually level. Getting like 10-20% an hour thanks to poison mist killing everything that walks by but the orc skels. I guess all of those looting zenorcs that would escape really make that big of a difference.

Even my gene is getting decent exp xD. got 119 on her last night before I went to bed and she's already at 15% base again.

Edited by dontleaveme, 12 March 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#75 Ludercrs

Ludercrs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

too bad Eleanor doesnt have an aoe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users