Lucky Spin Update (patch v.393) - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lucky Spin Update (patch v.393)

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#26 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Calanor, I got no comment if the released costume is nice. But when you all will work on king costume? If we still need king costume to get extra stat, it's impossible to wear other nice costume. Please make it fast, I wish to wear those cute costume in war instead of the red monster king costume.

I can't be bothered to equip mine anymore lol.. i know i'm at a disadvantage but i just don't want to wear it!

#27 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Disadvantage, maybe. Doing good without it ;)

#28 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Can any GM\Dev or whatever tell me a valid reason these costumes are account bound?

Why can't they be tradable? I personally decided yesterday to not spend a single euro on uncertain outcomes, ever again. The monster boxes were the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not falling for any of these thefts (Yes, thefts) EVER AGAIN.

Plus, people can't just keep buying Spins and get all of the costumes. Storage is not that big even with the 4 extra Premium Tabs. And having to make new accounts and buy the points on those new accounts, I doubt it's an option for anyone.

I've been straight and frank about this, these rigged systems make you look bad, real bad. Yes you may not care because people who can afford IM will keep buying it, no matter what. But you know, your reputation as "business man" as really gone down the drain after some "choices". The hell with ethics and just care about the money? I don't really think it's the right path.

I don't see a problem with this, just make them tradable like almost eveything else in the Item Mall. What's so special about this?

This is why he is my favorite italian.

#29 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well i don't mind being at a disadvantage, estethics are more important than being the better or the best LMAO

#30 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

The King Costume is great for PvP, actually atm the only really good costume for PvP, this is a KNOWN issue.
The King Costume has alternatives to PvE matches, you can still wear it for the extra AP, but if you want more EXP or better chance at Drops then go with one of the Item Mall Costumes. You got options.

I don't need any costume for EXP, I reached level 220 long long long long time agoooooooo.............
I don't need any costume for Drop, as I don't farm.

I just want to wear cute and nice costume in war, instead of the ugly big boob queen costume~ Make the king costume as jewel or anything else, I need the extra AP & Crit stat but I don't like the costume look.

Is my statement explain better compare to previous post?

#31 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, i was just watching a UW vid that was made recently... Almost everyone was wearing king sets! SO UGLY I said to myself while watching. I almost turned it off right away. Nearly everyone there was a clone. It really makes Rose look bad if you are wanting to look your way and play without a disadvantage. Do something about it please. I don't want to look like everybody else when I am in the killing field and there are many others who would rather look like they want rather than an ugly king or some big breasted beyotch with a crown. Did you guys forget we like looking how we want or something? Aesthetics are important for Rose players, and when you make everyone look the same there is no beauty or creativity in wearing costumes except outside of PVP. Even if I travelled to somewhere like Abu Dhabi they would give me an option to wear a robe, or whatever I like.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 14 March 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#32 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, i was just watching a UW vid that was made recently... Almost everyone was wearing king sets! SO UGLY

At the same time, they also killed their income from costume sales. I wonder if they ever consider this in business way, everyone wear king set in WAR mean not many will buy new costume. And those who can afford to own a king set, most of the time they are active or cash player.

Costume also one of the unique identity for each players (unless someone who purposely copy your look or you are wearing a too common costume).

#33 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

They are too stubborn to accept players opinion, now I am putting money into their pocket but they take and throw away... I think they don't like too much money because it's stinky for them.

#34 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

At the same time, they also killed their income from costume sales. I wonder if they ever consider this in business way, everyone wear king set in WAR mean not many will buy new costume. And those who can afford to own a king set, most of the time they are active or cash player.

Costume also one of the unique identity for each players (unless someone who purposely copy your look or you are wearing a too common costume).

I am sure they still make a good income from costume sales, but I do expect that since the king sets came in, less people bought costumes to wear. Some people do mainly PVP, and not so much sitting around Junon in a nice costume so I know what you mean. Due to that they probably lose some people buying their costumes, but nowadays costumes mostly come in gamble boxes or unlucky spins where it can often take tons of money to get the specific costume. It is really hard to know what they are thinking, because they make so many strange and downright bad decisions for the game. The importance of being unique is also very important I agree. That's another thing Rose Employees don't seem to understand, considering how they sell the same im items over and over, and recolor a lot of their stuff and name it something else to make more money off of it.

They are too stubborn to accept players opinion, now I am putting money into their pocket but they take and throw away... I think they don't like too much money because it's stinky for them.

Yes, it seems true in many cases, or the majority. What it comes down to is what they think they should do in the end of all.

Personally, I prefer to not waste my money on virtual items but that is me. Real world items are much more nice to have. IF I ever were to spend real money for a virtual item it would be on a game that has higher ups who I feel values player opinion heavily, and strive to be great.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 14 March 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#35 Robje

Robje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Server:Seafarer's Rest

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Hello,

Will the Hunter and Warlock items stay tradeable ?

Greets

#36 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hello,

Will the Hunter and Warlock items stay tradeable ?

Greets

Since its intentionally tradeable I would say yes

#37 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I usually only need to spend $10 for a Lucky Spin Costume

Please let us know your $10 secret lol, as I've seen you say this before.

The King Costume is great for PvP, actually atm the only really good costume for PvP, this is a KNOWN issue.
The King Costume has alternatives to PvE matches, you can still wear it for the extra AP, but if you want more EXP or better chance at Drops then go with one of the Item Mall Costumes. You got options.

I think he meant for PVP. I do think things like UW's and all around pvp's would be more fun if everybody was running around in different costumes. I thought they were making the king set a passive skill, hope that happens.

#38 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Now on Leo I'm not gonna make the mistake of buying a king set again... I would MUCH rather save up for a priest costume than have an extra 200ap and look like a ugly person.

#39 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

So I heard we might soon be able to see more than just King's and Queens running around Rose again. Stay tuned.

#40 Robje

Robje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Server:Seafarer's Rest

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

So I heard we might soon be able to see more than just King's and Queens running around Rose again. Stay tuned.

YEAH BUDDY!!

#41 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

as i always said.. gambling is bad!!! but somehow rose team is encouraging it! now tell me rose is mostly play by who? which age group? is it even appropriate?

#42 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

Gambling itself may or may not be a bad thing, but that is the choice of an adult. Not a 10-17yr. old. Not that anything would happen out of it, but isn't it actually illegal what they are doing, if the person IS using real money to gamble with Lucky Spin, if they are under 18?

I just think enough is enough, get rid of things like lucky spin and chance boxes, and just give a flat rate for each item, simple as that. People will still be JUST as interested in costumes and will STILL buy. There is NO other reason for lucky spin then to get you to buy more coins/spins cause you haven't gotten your costume set yet, and hand over your money. Care about your customers and they will care about you. << Pretty positive constructive criticism right there to say the least.

#43 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

@sirslayer - exactly what you say about the gambling age, there's a sign that this game is for age 13+, but in Sweden you aren't allowed to buy stuff from the Internet before 18. Yet there's people in the age of 14 wasting all their money on the spin to get one item @.@

#44 Fengshen

Fengshen

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'd INSTANTLY buy the Warlock costume for say $10 - $20 if I could buy it as complete set in the Item Mall. However, since luck is involved and the fact these sets are untradeable, I decided to not spend a single cent on ROSE. Remove the restrictions and just sell these sets in the IM, like they do in every single other MMORPG that sells costumes for cash.
I'd understand if they'd put them in the Spins first for limited time (exclusive preview?) and then, after 1 or 2 patches, put it up in the regular Item Mall, but instead, they just remove the item from the Lucky Spin and put completely different sets in there, leaving the people that actually wanted to buy the costumes but couldn't be arsed to pay for (Un)Lucky Spins with nothing.

#45 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

I would buy it for $10 or $20, but since i don't buy that much IM i wouldn't have the means to.
Yes it should have a bit of value but you can't sell something for that amount of price for just a single item imo.

#46 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

@sirslayer - exactly what you say about the gambling age, there's a sign that this game is for age 13+, but in Sweden you aren't allowed to buy stuff from the Internet before 18. Yet there's people in the age of 14 wasting all their money on the spin to get one item @.@

Your point? That is illegal as well then. If it is a law, then you are further proving the fact that people are doing unlawful things in this game. So you trying to reply about me saying things being done wrong, with more things being done wrong, really doesn't help the supporter of lucky spins side of the situation.Also if you are going the route of "people are going to do it no matter what" isn't a valid arguement either. People are gonna do a lot of illegal wrong things, but there are also gonna be people who will always try to stick up for the morally right way of the situation. Lucky Spin is morally wrong, you are jacking money right from people. If you KNOWINGLY and willingly are letting kids gamble on your game, then what you are doing is wrong. They cannot sit there and say that every person buying Lucky Spin is over 18. I know this all sounds harsh and attacking the gms/devs, I'm really not. I just think sometimes people do things and don't see what they are doing, and how it can end in the long run making a business look bad. Look at all these replies(yes sure only a couple) saying that they won't buy lucky spin anymore, whether they do or not isn't the question, the fact is it is upsetting customers, in the business world you #1 goal is to please your customer. :)

#47 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

That lucky spin, I may say, is quite accurate in term of input = output because for most of the time I mistimed the click then to miss the desired spot by one. $10 is just what I need to get the full 5 parts, plus the extra spins I got from parts disassembly. I aimed for the 5th box before the wanted part, with ± one box correction upon failure.

#48 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

I agree with phish. Why must everyone try for every costume. I just want black samurai so it'll go with a jabber helm. And I havnt wanted a costume since the dark magician set lol. {Minus the pointy hat}

#49 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'll reply again, maybe people want every costume :/. I only go for the costumes of my liking, not everyone all the time. But some people sometimes might want everyone.

#50 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Yeah and I'm sure most people wouldn't mind having 1 lamborghini. 1 ferrari. 1 porsche. 1 bently. But guess what G. Sometimes you don't get everything you want. soz hope it doesn't make anyone cry but that's life. Also. Why are people fighting/debating the king set it the lucky spin post. Submit a ticket or post in the suggestion thread and maybe there will be some progress made on it. ... dayum

Edited by Feuer, 19 March 2012 - 12:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users