+10 Certs? Seriously? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

+10 Certs? Seriously?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#1 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

They just want to ruin game econ or what? :|
There was a little enthusiasm of making a +10 gear. And they just ruin it. What's up with these guys :/
I would like to know how everyone feels about it, Soon there will be +12 certs. Then + 14 and so on.
This will be for a week or so. Then after 2 weeks again he will be back. Then he will be like Enriched Hammer. :|

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

It begins!

#3 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Obviously they want us to upgrade items higher. I don't see anything wrong with that. 10+ will become the new +9, etc etc until it will finally be possible to make +20 gears. And by then, they should hopefully have harder end game content which requires such items.

#4 MattXcheW

MattXcheW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

didn't you hear. we are a private server now -_-

#5 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Obviously they want us to upgrade items higher. I don't see anything wrong with that. 10+ will become the new +9, etc etc until it will finally be possible to make +20 gears. And by then, they should hopefully have harder end game content which requires such items.

Meh, they just want us to buy 10k WPE maybe even more considering my luck with upgrades.
There are some +10 already in market. +9 Was fine :|

#6 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Considering 10% chance. Thats like 7.5k KP atleast for a +10 from +9 :|
Thats more than 300-400m in game zeny.

#7 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

They bumped it up to +20 for a reason. +10 isn't special right now because +10 isn't supposed to be special.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

I dont think that's true, they never removed the breaking mechanic, I think the high upgrade stuff is supposed to be rarer.

If you think about how upgrades work on level 4 weapons, how gear needs to break to maintain value since there's no decay system, etc.

at the time renewal was put in, there were +10s around because people had reached the cap merely through server age, the upgrade mechanic of +10 and above shows that this kind of gear is supposed to be RARE as it's hard to attain.

#9 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

They bumped it up to +20 for a reason. +10 isn't special right now because +10 isn't supposed to be special.

According to me +10 is supposed to be special. And when it comes to not breaking, its not going to break anyways. 10% does mean its supposed to be RARE. +9s were rare earlier. Most have one nowadays.

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I do think the upgrade system is in a bit of a mess right now. I've always hated it, so I'm selfishly happy being able to upgrade to necessary levels without effort, but it's hard to deny the impact it's having on the economy.

#11 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

*Takes popcorns* This gonna be interesting topic. Hmm~~ *munch munch*

#12 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

I really don't see how these are going to make upgrading somehow worse than it already is. People have already pointed out that the cost of going +9~10 with the certs compared to enriched+HD isn't that big of a difference, and I agree. These certs seem to only take out the downgrading part with a little less frustration. Prices of +10 and over items will probably drop 50 or so mil, give or take. But we'll see what happens when the servers go live lol.

However, knowing Warp Portal, the +10 certs will probably be a repeat of the safe to 7 certs... which every bit of worrying about is completely justified.

Edited by Daize, 20 March 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#13 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

If you think about it, on average its cheaper to try for +9 with enriched hammer then it is to use +10 safe certs!

:)

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Oh, I bet you guys someone is gonna make a QQ thread about failing those +10 Certs multiple times in a row and wasting over 200 bucks for them... lol

#15 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

+10 certs????!!!! WTH!!!! Enriched bald smith is enough. so much for this -_-

#16 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

its natural progression..

98% of the gear out there is +0 to +9
the limit is +20

Even Russian Roulette has better odds of succeeding than getting that far past +10 this is not going to hurt the economy..

the only change is that instead of 2% of the gear being +10 and over it will be more like 5%

Edited by Helios0, 20 March 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#17 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

I really don't see how these are going to make upgrading somehow worse than it already is. People have already pointed out that the cost of going +9~10 with the certs compared to enriched+HD isn't that big of a difference, and I agree. These certs seem to only take out the downgrading part with a little less frustration. Prices of +10 and over items will probably drop 50 or so mil, give or take. But we'll see what happens when the servers go live lol.

However, knowing Warp Portal, the +10 certs will probably be a repeat of the safe to 7 certs... which every bit of worrying about is completely justified.

quoting because I like your sig. didnt read what you posted.

*edit*

and yes it turns out i agree with what you posted. Why are people getting upset about this? you can already buy +10 with the current HD/enriched upgraders. Not everyone likes the frustration of going from +9 to +3 though. Should have minimal impact on the economy if they're priced appropriately.

Edited by Hrothmund, 20 March 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#18 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

quoting because I like your sig. didnt read what you posted.

*edit*

and yes it turns out i agree with what you posted. Why are people getting upset about this? you can already buy +10 with the current HD/enriched upgraders. Not everyone likes the frustration of going from +9 to +3 though. Should have minimal impact on the economy if they're priced appropriately.

750WP for one. Appropriately priced for you?
Consider the odds. 10%. Thats 400m.
And certain cases like me, which suck at upgrades will spend over 500m in easy. Can you imagine how harsh its going to be on the game economy?

When it comes to +10 not being special. They were supposed to be special.
+20 is actually be a hypothetical situation. I cannot really imagine 0.000001% or even less :|
Yeah, it does help people from +9>+3 is bad. But whats the point of the game if everyone can get what they want. I have lost so much in upgrades, I don't crib about it all over. Its just a part of the game.
I know everyone wants to be "stronger"
But, if updates like this take place, then "Everyone gets stronger" which gets us back to were we started.
No point if everyone has the top gears does it?

#19 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

I think the question should also be posed, what's the point of a game where everyone -can't- get what they want?

#20 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Well, many will be getting their +10 gears actually. Apart from those who cannot afford them.
And hence they wont get the "top edge" they would want over the rest.

#21 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yes, but why is that a bad thing? If everyone is able to achieve their 10+ gears, then sucess will come down to those who know how to use their class best, not those who have the strongest gears. WoE is basically "must have +9 gears or higher to compete" at the moment.

#22 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Yes, but why is that a bad thing? If everyone is able to achieve their 10+ gears, then sucess will come down to those who know how to use their class best, not those who have the strongest gears. WoE is basically "must have +9 gears or higher to compete" at the moment.

Exactly if WoE now is +9 or higher. There are certain people on +12/+13 which gives them the upper edge.
Now, when this cert comes in. It will become +11 or higher to compete. No one gets the real top edge then. Does one?

#23 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

What did I miss again? What do you mean +10 Certs? (I've been busy at work so please detail me about this)

#24 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

Yes, but why is that a bad thing? If everyone is able to achieve their 10+ gears, then sucess will come down to those who know how to use their class best, not those who have the strongest gears.

+1. I couldn't agree more. This will make WoE much more interesting. Some ppl just die to my skills (which are not supposed to be 1HKO skill). I'm often confused whether they are under-geared or don't know how to play their class :ani_swt3:

#25 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

If everyone is super....no one will be....

Posted Image

Bad example...but I agree with you completely...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users