4/20 - Client Update & Explanation of Stat Value Changes - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/20 - Client Update & Explanation of Stat Value Changes

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 chippy

chippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

the dodge acc sounds right now there should of always been a true balance between acc and dodge
problem is raiders have had it to good for to long so these changes wont go down well just give them a chance

dont forget raiders didnt only have dodge they had defence to so not only did they get missed alot when they did get hit they wasnt hit as hard as they could be

#27 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Now the raider and scout class are useless based on the new system! :-(

#28 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAvatar by: Bora
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

The stats below which I took part in and have many of us count the shot to hit ratio to verify the accuracy seem to show a glaring bug. Dodge have a negative return and been nerfed badly. I was wondering why I was getting hit all over the place in my max dodge gear after the recent patch. According to this Data dodge gear have become pretty much useless.

4012 acc vs 2019 dodge
281 hits / 300 shots = 93.67% hit rate

4012 acc vs 4073 dodge
378 hits / 400 shots = 93.75% hit rate

4127 acc vs 4125 dodge
~100% acc to dodge ratio
  • 19/20 hits connected 95% hit rate

According to the data above, dodge rate have been nerfed by half after the patch. What is more is that it seem to be bugged, really high dodge rate actually give a negative return. So the more dodge you have, the more likely that you would get hit if your dodge is somewhere above 3k dodge.

Accuracy stat pretty much the same: at 2,019 dodge: 93.67% to chance get hit, at 4,073 dodge: 93.75% to get hit, at 4,125 dodge: 95% chance to get hit.

Edited by GlennFroggy, 23 April 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#29 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

What levels were the two characters which were attacking each other?

#30 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Both character where at maxed level. (220)

#31 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, my raider tried to survive with a lot of goulashes while pvping with champ or knight, and somemore they don't need any foods lol, that's rediculars lol!

#32 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

@GlennFroggy if the Dodge:Accuracy ratio has indeed been changed to a 1:1 ratio, then what you're looking at would be correct, and you're simply looking at it from the opposite side of the fight.

Accuracy:Dodge (Attacker fighting Defender) - A character with equivalent or higher Accuracy attacking a character with equivalent or lower Dodge will always overcome the effects of Dodge.
Dodge:Accuracy (Defender being fought by Attacker) - A character with equivalent or lower Dodge being attacked by a character with equivalent or higher Accuracy will always have the effect of Dodge overcome.

Edited by Genesis, 23 April 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#33 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

But it wasnt like that b4 the last patch.
I do feel now that champs hit me much more and my dodge is useless...
That last post means you think its okay and it should stay like that?

#34 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

So you are telling me that someone with 4k accuracy will hit someone with zero dodge 93%, at 1k dodge will be 93%, at 2k dodge 93%, at 3k dodge 93%, at 4k 93% as well? so in order for you to get hit only 50% you would need 10k dodge?

1080 acc vs 2010 dodge
250 hits / 300 shots = 83.33% hit rate <<<<< conducted by fade which we witness and help.

Edited by GlennFroggy, 23 April 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#35 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

Class balancing seems to mean something different to gravity what exactly are they trying to achieve? If you or they know let the rest of us know too

#36 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

I hope this ones a bug because, there is no really other means of defense available to scouts and raiders besides their dodge stat wise.

Edited by Cloudius, 23 April 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#37 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Phish, disregard the post in the Senate as I didn't read this thread before your post.

I am considering this as a bug, as there wasn't any intentional changes to Dodge/Accuracy.

#38 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

So you are telling me that someone with 4k accuracy will hit someone with zero dodge 93%, at 1k dodge will be 93%, at 2k dodge 93%, at 3k dodge 93%, at 4k 93% as well? so in order for you to get hit only 50% you would need 10k dodge?

1080 acc vs 2010 dodge
250 hits / 300 shots = 83.33% hit rate <<<<< conducted by fade which we witness and help.

Since they changed the acc/dodge ratio two years ago, the max hit rate was 95% and minimum hit rate was 5%. So yeah, that is right.

This formula could work, if characters stats were more reflective of it. This change renders dodge useless for non hawker classes and barely useful for hawkers themselves as monsters, and players can easily achieve enough accuracy to cut through their dodge.

I mean, you could increase the quick reflexes passive in the hawker tree, which could help them. But it makes other classes builds linear as you can't make use of dodge for them anymore.

#39 AzNx

AzNx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

People talk about raiders like they are OP, which they are. At most a raider with no added str with all the def gear will possibly get 7.5k-8.5k of def but that type of defense can only hold out so much. If you put a champ and a champ in a war pvp they would still hit each other with nearly over 1k-2k of damage and what? they hold possibly 12k-16k def while pvping each other? Sorry but as a raider/scout trying to achieve 7.5k-8.5k def is trying to give the class a little more fighting chance. With all the champs being crit build and can easily achieve the high accuracy due to the sword's accuracy and passives they can easily cut through our dodge. Another point i can bring up is crit, crit attack doesn't miss. Champ's also can achieve high crit with the passive. For a raider to be able to kill a champ they need to know what their doing to be able to try and stay alive, some champs may not be great, some raiders may not be good as well. (all stats i have listed is only an estimate of what i could achieve)

#40 fadesurf225

fadesurf225

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationCliche Land

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Yes, it would be fair to treat this dodge issue as if affects other classes outside of the hawker class - because it does affect other classes directly. Dodge is not just meant for hawkers. It's for anyone who want to use it.

#41 AzNx

AzNx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yes, it would be fair to treat this dodge issue as if affects other classes outside of the hawker class - because it does affect other classes directly. Dodge is not just meant for hawkers. It's for anyone who want to use it.

Doesn't champs use it now as well? haha i know clerics use it

#42 fasdf

fasdf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

the new calculations are so screwed up if 2 good champs pvp they can go through 500 food in one war pvp and the one that has more food they just need to put it back the way it was i dont care if raiders were OP as ppl say they still dont beat every champ so i think its was more even the other way then it is now by far. you cant even play raider any more cuz of the new system i beat one raider 7 times in a row that i couldnt beat before so you tryed to balance the classes but failed and made all of them suck you cant war pvp anymore

or to make it better just make the goulash heal less so ppl cant just spam food and stay at 100 % for 30 min

Edited by fasdf, 23 April 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#43 Rocanlover

Rocanlover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

@GlennFroggy I tested hits on my champ with my raider, and vise versa. I miiss more with my raider, does your raider miss more than your champ?

#44 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

We didn't use raider to attack. We used a battle arti to attack. raider melee attack to fast and too close up range to keep of count.

#45 Darkii

Darkii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Phish, disregard the post in the Senate as I didn't read this thread before your post.

I am considering this as a bug, as there wasn't any intentional changes to Dodge/Accuracy.

Fix the bug that's all what we want. it's also good for your wallet, cause people are quiting raiders/scouts just because of this.

#46 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

the new calculations are so screwed up if 2 good champs pvp they can go through 500 food in one war pvp and the one that has more food they just need to put it back the way it was i dont care if raiders were OP as ppl say they still dont beat every champ so i think its was more even the other way then it is now by far. you cant even play raider any more cuz of the new system i beat one raider 7 times in a row that i couldnt beat before so you tryed to balance the classes but failed and made all of them suck you cant war pvp anymore

or to make it better just make the goulash heal less so ppl cant just spam food and stay at 100 % for 30 min

You should look at a pvp with a knight involved.. I don't even bother on mine anymore to pvp.

#47 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

It's a creepy mess.

#48 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

The Dodge/Accuracy bug will be corrected with this update.
There was also a bug with Critical that our team noticed and fixed that as well.

I appreciate those that figured out what was going on, helped us quickly narrow down the cause and fix it.
A little patience and understanding helps to get things done, panic don't help in any case unless your being chased by Zombies and are not prepared.

#49 Darkii

Darkii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

The Dodge/Accuracy bug will be corrected with this update.
There was also a bug with Critical that our team noticed and fixed that as well.

I appreciate those that figured out what was going on, helped us quickly narrow down the cause and fix it.
A little patience and understanding helps to get things done, panic don't help in any case unless your being chased by Zombies and are not prepared.

TY!!! :D

#50 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

besides stats, theres another bug with debuffs
it shows that my char got debuffed but in the eyes of others im fully buffed