nice work good patch

#28 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Actually, right now the amount of rounds starting is low like always, BUT I have noticed an incredible amount of new players running around, so maybe it'll start more often in the future!
Wouldn't mind a server merge though, it doesn't really matter to me if it happens or not.

Actually you are quite wrong with this. The Game Arena has been starting more often as compared to the previous weeks (thanks to the spammers), and I've been able to join at least 3-4 wars every single day since the last week's update.

#29 SIutMuffin

SIutMuffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

What about the bugged valor quests and the bugged stat bonuses for PvM armor?

#30 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Bug Fixes

• Equipment found in NPC Sell Shops had PvM Bonuses on them, this was removed as there is no intention for NPC Sold Equipment to carry any bonuses.

:)

#31 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Actually, right now the amount of rounds starting is low like always, BUT I have noticed an incredible amount of new players running around, so maybe it'll start more often in the future!
Wouldn't mind a server merge though, it doesn't really matter to me if it happens or not.

Actually merging the server is not a big problem , Draco people can just leave their server and try to start a new life in Leo.

#32 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

What about the bugged valor quests and the bugged stat bonuses for PvM armor?

[Akram Minister] Aldaric should be functioning correctly now.

#33 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Actually you are quite wrong with this. The Game Arena has been starting more often as compared to the previous weeks (thanks to the spammers), and I've been able to join at least 3-4 wars every single day since the last week's update.

Haven't noticed a change in the amount of games starting (though I wasn't home this weekend, and the past two days I was busy for the ballroom event, perhaps the reason I didn't notice the change yet).
Good to know though!

#34 Azileign

Azileign

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Facebook 10k Likes Event

• As we get closer to reaching 10k likes on Facebook, we have a few events that will be going on.
  • Thanks for everyone who shared ROSE with their friends to help us unlock the "Thumbs Up! T-Shirt".

i imagine the facebook "like" icon :heh:

#35 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

A merger would be good,

Increase player count overall being on 1 channel and what not, what about server load though like accounting for lag?

#36 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

migration to Leo?

One big happy family?

:blink:

Exactly.

#37 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Actually merging the server is not a big problem , Draco people can just leave their server and try to start a new life in Leo.

The people in leo don't see it as a problem, but you can't tell everyone in draconis (some that have been playing since it started in 2010) to give up everything they had done there, all the items they managed to get there, to leave all that they had for it.

Edited by jerremy, 01 May 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#38 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Cant you just merge SQL data?

#39 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

More people joining the arena games after 7pm here, we will always have many back to back games until 12am here!

#40 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Cant you just merge SQL data?

I think one of the devs said before that the data would cause trouble (names that are the same and other things). Also, the date in draco would be different from leo (might be wrong here, but i vaguely remember something like this).
It could go really wrong merging data.

#41 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

I think one of the devs said before that the data would cause trouble (names that are the same and other things). Also, the date in draco would be different from leo (might be wrong here, but i vaguely remember something like this).
It could go really wrong merging data.

Yeah lol I imagine the 1st problem would be account id's lolz imagine the mess

#42 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering them :o
  • I believe one of the job openings was for a new community manager... does that mean we are going to lose Calanor again :'(
  • Any plans to adjust the spawn area's in CD to attempt to prevent Spawn camping?
  • What are your views on allowing Buff potions in CD, do you plan to keep them out of that game or would you add them back?
  • Are there any future plans to improve the artisan crafting and allow them to be able to craft more useful things that people would use.
  • Post I saw today are there any plans to add anymore cleric off-hands seen as they haven't had any in awhile.
  • When adding the current dungeons in the GA are the maps and difficulty going to be changed since atm you can solo, and also what about drops? Is the dungeons going to be worth while to do..
  • Have you got any plans yet to merge the servers together as a lot of people are now requesting it and it would improve the game for the servers just to be one (I know you said it would be difficult to do but that doesn't mean its impossible)
  • Do you plan to add Union War to the GA?
  • Also what ever happened to the Orlo castle gear? I took a break about 5 months ago and im pretty sure it was said somewhere that is was soon to be released but not seen it ;o

Edited by Lybis, 01 May 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#43 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

More people joining the arena games after 7pm here, we will always have many back to back games until 12am here!

unlike Leo where we have a lot of rounds for the whole day. You might want to check Leo 1st and try to decide how it goes. Then you can bring all draco people here!!!! :heh:

Edited by llullTAKSIAPO, 01 May 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#44 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Yeah lol I imagine the 1st problem would be account id's lolz imagine the mess

And knowing the devs (really sorry to say but after quite some fails I don't trust big plans 100%) they could get into the mess fairly easily.
Though my faith in them is returning, this patch and the things they'll do in the future are very promising!

#45 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Adding this to the Patch Notes

Item Mall Update
  • Added Ancient Headdress to the Item Mall 300 Pts
Attached File  persianHat_female.jpg   55.85KB   13 downloads

#46 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

Switching to Leo is an issue, and gear up will be another issue, unless we are provides with all the free gears and refund back all the IM points bought to use for chars in Draconis, I think dev team won't do that for me at least, too much IM points to be refunded! :-p

#47 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

Lol just delete Draco... jk jk

#48 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Lol just delete Draco... jk jk

We all know your really not joking lolz

#49 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering them :o

• I believe one of the job openings was for a new community manager... does that mean we are going to lose Calanor again :'(
  • Any plans to adjust the spawn area's in CD to attempt to prevent Spawn camping?
  • What are your views on allowing Buff potions in CD, do you plan to keep them out of that game or would you add them back?
  • Are there any future plans to improve the artisan crafting and allow them to be able to craft more useful things that people would use.
  • Post I saw today are there any plans to add anymore cleric off-hands seen as they haven't had any in awhile.
  • When adding the current dungeons in the GA are the maps and difficulty going to be changed since atm you can solo, and also what about drops? Is the dungeons going to be worth while to do..
  • Have you got any plans yet to merge the servers together as a lot of people are now requesting it and it would improve the game for the servers just to be one (I know you said it would be difficult to do but that doesn't mean its impossible)
  • Do you plan to add Union War to the GA?

1st: There will be another community manager, Calanor will still be here
2nd: genesis said a few days ago they would try to fix some of the spawn issues

The spawn killing issue is not just a deficiency with the design of the map, it's also a mentality that you (the players) have created and become used to participating in when you decide to leave the vicinity of the crystal you are supposed to be defending specifically to prevent the attackers from being able to move from their respawn area. The other aspect of that mentality is when the players who are being spawn camped don't even attempt (some do, the majority don't) to run or move out of the way of the players who are attacking the general vicinity, even when the respawn area has no bottlenecks to prevent them from running away.

We can try to alleviate some of the issues which contribute to spawn killing, but you as a community must get into the right mindset and define what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior - we as a development team can never fix that aspect.

Can't answer the rest though

unlike Leo where we have a lot of rounds for the whole day. You might want to check Leo 1st and try to decide how it goes. Then you can bring all draco people here!!!! :heh:

Already explained to you before:

The people in leo don't see it as a problem, but you can't tell everyone in draconis (some that have been playing since it started in 2010) to give up everything they had done there, all the items they managed to get there, to leave all that they had for it.

Edited by jerremy, 01 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#50 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Switching to Leo is an issue, and gear up will be another issue, unless we are provides with all the free gears and refund back all the IM points bought to use for chars in Draconis, I think dev team won't do that for me at least, too much IM points to be refunded! :-p

We can ask CM Cal if all your items in Draco can be send to Leo if u want to migrate ? hihi :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users