Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

The clerics took one hit with points for GA already. Now because people have complained we are taking another hit? I work my ass off in GA and have only gotten 100 pts 3 times. If the sides are uneven or go fast then we get a lot less. Most of the time I get under 50 pts. If we all start complaining about the high amount of champs that are getting 100 pts (see almost any post arena pt status) will they get less points? Will the spawn killing raiders that get 100 points per arena get less points if we complain? With all the abuse clerics have been complaining about in GA you would think that maybe the devs would not listen to all the whiners and hit clerics again. We will see how it goes but if I am getting under 50 pts per game it is not worth the abuse trust me.

#52 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Lol I should mention my crossbow knight if people are complaining about points.. She has never gotten 100 pts even if i work my ass off and somehow manage to hit 1m dmg.
I do agree champs, raiders and artis get 100 pts too easy, even more than clerics did before.

Edited by jerremy, 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#53 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

• New Project
  • We have a new project we are working on, something new for ROSE.
  • With our hiring complete we are working towards an update Mid-Late June to expand the ROSE story!
  • I will try and get some sneak peaks out during the month if I can get my hands on them.

All I read. I hope you hired somebody that resembles me!

#54 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

The clerics took one hit with points for GA already. Now because people have complained we are taking another hit? I work my ass off in GA and have only gotten 100 pts 3 times. If the sides are uneven or go fast then we get a lot less. Most of the time I get under 50 pts. If we all start complaining about the high amount of champs that are getting 100 pts (see almost any post arena pt status) will they get less points? Will the spawn killing raiders that get 100 points per arena get less points if we complain? With all the abuse clerics have been complaining about in GA you would think that maybe the devs would not listen to all the whiners and hit clerics again. We will see how it goes but if I am getting under 50 pts per game it is not worth the abuse trust me.

Yeah I agree. Before the first nerf I thought it was too easy, I was getting 100 points every match and then they nerfed it which made it fair as I have done a few matches now and only ever came out with 100 points once... the rest of the time I was getting around 50. I dread to see how hard it is now seen as I work my ass off healing other people and even attacking if there is time :/

#55 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

SAY NO TO DOMESTIC CLERIC ABUSE!

Maybe if the clerics get sick of the abuse enough we'll just stop buffing everyone.. I think that's what needs to happen. I am so tempted to reskill, get single buffs and only buff one, maybe two players. Just heal them, get your points and then say whatever if they die. ^^; Thats what we're being encouraged to do..Still no points to buff as far as I can tell.

We need a cleric union.

#56 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering them :o

• I believe one of the job openings was for a new community manager... does that mean we are going to lose Calanor again :'(
  • Any plans to adjust the spawn area's in CD to attempt to prevent Spawn camping?
  • What are your views on allowing Buff potions in CD, do you plan to keep them out of that game or would you add them back?
  • Are there any future plans to improve the artisan crafting and allow them to be able to craft more useful things that people would use.
  • Post I saw today are there any plans to add anymore cleric off-hands seen as they haven't had any in awhile.
  • When adding the current dungeons in the GA are the maps and difficulty going to be changed since atm you can solo, and also what about drops? Is the dungeons going to be worth while to do..
  • Have you got any plans yet to merge the servers together as a lot of people are now requesting it and it would improve the game for the servers just to be one (I know you said it would be difficult to do but that doesn't mean its impossible)
  • Do you plan to add Union War to the GA?

1) Not completely, but phase out the old guy maybe ;-)
2) Being discussed to find the best long term option
3) Opinion is to keep them out of CD, maybe some other modes that we might allow them but for now keeping them out
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Yes some improvements will be made to them when they are migrated over.
7) No.
8) No.

#57 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Glad to hear about the spawncamping, cleric off hand, artisan crafting and dungeons (:

#58 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

3) Opinion is to keep them out of CD, maybe some other modes that we might allow them but for now keeping them out
8) No.

No offense, but a long term thing for the spawn camping--probably isn't the greatest idea.. I know it takes work and such, but a timeline would be nice. Its making players miserable.. which doesn't help player retention.

The Buffing thing still sucks.. You should try playing a cleric now.

Any plans to bring uw back ever?

#59 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

1) Not completely, but phase out the old guy maybe ;-)
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Yes some improvements will be made to them when they are migrated over.
7) No.
8) No.

I knew it! nuuuuuu! We don't want to lose you again! Always coming and going... its not healthy!

Your answers you gave and the hint of a new project is like saying I have a secret to tell you.... ask me later! pshhhh :P Thanks for the response.

#60 SIutMuffin

SIutMuffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

[Akram Minister] Aldaric should be functioning correctly now.

what about the other valor quests? the ruin delivery quests were bugged also

#61 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Adding this to the Patch Notes

Item Mall Update

• Added Ancient Headdress to the Item Mall 300 Pts

Looks like a new face too.

Give the healing point change a chance before you insist how bad it is.

Edited by Phish, 01 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#62 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Looks like a new face too.

It's the Calanor face, made by and for Calanor. We can't use it!

#63 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

(Redirect 302) etc. My client don't let me patch! HELP! :questionmark:

#64 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAvatar by: Bora

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

We can ask CM Cal if all your items in Draco can be send to Leo if u want to migrate ? hihi :heh:

I suggested that already. An Item mall ticket that open a cross sever Item mall storage for about 1 hour which allow you to move all your item and zullies in and out of that storage.
Right now there is a cross server storage but you can only remove item from it; that is the purchase tab in item mall.
500 points for the ticket.

#65 doit45

doit45

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

nvm ^^

Edited by doit45, 01 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#66 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Posted Image

#67 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

I suggested that already. An Item mall ticket that open a cross sever Item mall storage for about 1 hour which allow you to move all your item and zullies in and out of that storage.
Right now there is a cross server storage but you can only remove item from it; that is the purchase tab in item mall.
500 points for the ticket.

I like this, ha...ha

#68 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

I didn't say I wouldn't give it a chance but seriously, the good clerics are working their asses off and all I see is "OMG you are not healing enough, no one buffed me, clerics suck, clerics get too many points for doing nothing,we lost the whole match because clerics didn't buff or heal etc." And then the Devs listen to a few ppl and lower the points we get. While Champs can just stand there in the middle of everything and never die and get 100 pts each match, or raiders can run cloaked around the spawn area and kill the clerics who are dying out there because everyone complains about them but don't protect them. And we can't do a thing about being killed by those raiders. Sorry, my first reaction was nice, beat us up some more. But we will see.

#69 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Any updates on the sudden debuff glitch?

#70 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Posted Image

i just hit retry and its working now, for me at least

#71 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

The only problem of nerfing points you get from dealing damage, so not only clerics get a hard time achieving a lot of points, is.. you would -_- up the classes that don't hit a lot of damage.
Yes, the amount of points champs, raiders would get wouldn't be 100 all the time, but let's put ourselves with a knight, gun bourg, dual raider, scout. Those wouldn't have a chance on getting 100 at all anymore.

Edited by jerremy, 01 May 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#72 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

I didn't say I wouldn't give it a chance but seriously, the good clerics are working their asses off and all I see is "OMG you are not healing enough, no one buffed me, clerics suck, clerics get too many points for doing nothing,we lost the whole match because clerics didn't buff or heal etc." And then the Devs listen to a few ppl and lower the points we get. While Champs can just stand there in the middle of everything and never die and get 100 pts each match, or raiders can run cloaked around the spawn area and kill the clerics who are dying out there because everyone complains about them but don't protect them. And we can't do a thing about being killed by those raiders. Sorry, my first reaction was nice, beat us up some more. But we will see.

The only benefit to not being a full int cleric is that the raiders don't take me out so easily, even when I'm unbuffed--although when they come in pairs or with a champ, I'm pretty much doomed unbuffed. Otherwise, my heals suck compared to yours..But I'm glad another cleric is screaming as loud as I am this time around.. Its really only a matter of time before more get fed up.

@Phishy We're sure to try this new system before final judgement, but I think what we're getting at is we're not the only points that need to be looked at. The whole system needs to be looked at. The first time our points were nerfed I fully agreed--It was FAR too easy to get 100 points, and I was one of the ones that brought it to their attention with a rather sarcastic post..but the point of my post was to try to bring attention to the entire point system not just the clerics--So I guess, in a way, that's partly my fault. But to be nerfed again, when I haven't seen 100 points too often since, kind of sucks.

#73 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

For me I welcome these changes to the point system for clerics because it makes it more of a challenge. Game arena isn't as simple as just putting INT gear on and hoping that will get you the highest heal count and points, it's also being able to survive with your gear so you can constantly heal. I've seen a lot of clerics that think just putting on INT gear will get them through but when it comes to battle they get cut through like butter and as a result, nobody's healing and the team goes down. As with UW it's about minimizing your death count and being there for your teammates and hopefully this update will make people think more about their gear and stats to help them maximize their points. That was part of the appeal that UW had for me as a war cleric and it's encouraging to see the same thing continue in game arena.

As for cleric abuse, I haven't experienced it all too much but I can't say the same for other people. I have met a few hecklers but I don't take it too personally and there are people that exist (who da thunk it?) who know how much clerics work and talk back to these hecklers. Buffing people can get annoying sometimes but its as necessary as healing and like healing, what it is is essentially spamming a few buttons in short amount of time.

#74 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

New Project

• We have a new project we are working on, something new for ROSE.
  • With our hiring complete we are working towards an update Mid-Late June to expand the ROSE story!
  • I will try and get some sneak peaks out during the month if I can get my hands on them.

What ever happened Orlo Chapter 3? Us Old School players would still like to see the upward mobility of the game expanded into new higher level maps with PVM monsters and bosses for that good ol Rose feeling.

#75 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

For me I welcome these changes to the point system for clerics because it makes it more of a challenge. Game arena isn't as simple as just putting INT gear on and hoping that will get you the highest heal count and points, it's also being able to survive with your gear so you can constantly heal. I've seen a lot of clerics that think just putting on INT gear will get them through but when it comes to battle they get cut through like butter and as a result, nobody's healing and the team goes down. As with UW it's about minimizing your death count and being there for your teammates and hopefully this update will make people think more about their gear and stats to help them maximize their points. That was part of the appeal that UW had for me as a war cleric and it's encouraging to see the same thing continue in game arena.

As for cleric abuse, I haven't experienced it all too much but I can't say the same for other people. I have met a few hecklers but I don't take it too personally and there are people that exist (who da thunk it?) who know how much clerics work and talk back to these hecklers. Buffing people can get annoying sometimes but its as necessary as healing and like healing, what it is is essentially spamming a few buttons in short amount of time.

I don't do the GA in full INT gear, heck I don't even own full INT gear... I think my max Int is like 780 if that. I wear gear that will be enough to defend myself, heal/ buff and attack when healing doesn't need to be done. I come out with kills, sometimes more damage done then half the players in the team and most healing done yet I didn't come close to hitting a 100 points and I worked my arse off. There's making it a challenge and there's making it almost impossible. I don't know what more I can do... and I refuse to heal the crystal to gain points because to me its cheating =/ Might just run round naked and see if that gets me more points :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users