189 replies to this topic

#176 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Changing how taunt shot and impact wave (aoe-taunt) works should be able to boost knights. For instance, instead of the taunt taking in to effect for just a mere second, this taunt duration (and players should not be able to switch targets during that duration, similar to a vaccuum-like effect) should be increased making Knights actually more helpful against other characters and forces players to attack them first whether they like it or not.

These taunt skills are especially powerful combined with the return damage buff.

Edited by Cloudius, 04 May 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#177 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I wonder if it's possible that the amount of points that a knight gets could be based on the amount of damage taken. If a knight is meant to tank, they should be rewarded for their class's function much like clerics do when they heal. Gotta put those taunts to work!

The problem with these taunts is that they work broken. They're supposed to taunt for a certain duration, however this doesn't work. The target taunted could just run off and lmao at the knight, or even better, target someone else. If the taunt was actually doing what taunt stands for, it would work.

#178 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

If they actually kept the target taunted for 10 second the skill would be stupidly broken. Maybe if it lasted 1-2 seconds but anymore than that would be too much.

#179 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

While ten seconds is indeed too much, being able to ignore the taunt is fairly stupid as well.

Enough with the chatter about knights, they can get good points (though it is a hell of a lot harder than most classes).
If you still think knights need a boost, try following a few tips from me and maybe you'll get some more points.
http://forums.warppo...stal-defenders/

Edited by jerremy, 08 May 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#180 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

They should scale it from 1-4s depending on the skill level.

#181 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

4 seconds. Gotta take in the time to actually get to the one using taunt shot.

#182 bl4ckm4ge9

bl4ckm4ge9

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationunderworld
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

Enough with the barrage of talking about who needs to earn more and who needs to earn less..

Why not:

Winning side: ALL EARN same 100pts

Losing side: Earn points based on their contribution/participation

So the impact will be that each side will be focus on the ultimate goal.. to win!

I know it will all fall to im/balance and would raise another rage of pros/cons about the idea.. For team balance they should probably need to work more on that.. In addition they should make all groupings as random without options to make their own group as to avoid abuse of having the MOST for each group.

Note:Just make sure who leach got automatic expel from group or ban for 2 games in a row, Something to start with.

#183 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Winning side: ALL EARN same 100pts

Losing side: Earn points based on their contribution/participation

I do not agree because, when someone is inactive he gets 100 points. something to consider=when you win your points get doubled, still with 100 as a maximum though.

#184 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

I don't agree with win giving you 100 pts. Sometimes the losing side works just as hard if not harder to try to win. I think giving points for the work you do is great and should not change. Once the Devs put safeguards in against the spawn killers then hopefully that will stop. If you see someone afk the leader has the option of kicking them, and they should. That is why that feature was put in place.

#185 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

Well, it would be more of an incentive to actually win rather than just wack people around for near a half hour. And a win incentive is needed.. Winning means absolutely nothing right now--people actually get more points if the game is prolonged and a lot less if it ends to quickly. But the problem would come back to the afk people as everyone is mentioning. Either way it would suck. You can't always just kick afk--What if the leader is afk? I've seen that numerous times already. And.. Its not like you're going to necessarily get players to replace the afk people.. The one I fought yesterday.. We waited like five hours for the game..and then it seemed like we had a handful of afk--People just gave up and left..so It seemed like it ended up being fifteen vs less than nine.. Even the other side seemed to give up killing because it was pointless.

#186 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

How about this:

The winning team gets a chance of earning additional points. This could be calculated by the time it took to end the game and could be a % the points earned.

fe:
0-15 minutes to end = 100% extra points, with a maximum of 120 points total;
15-20 minutes to end = 40% extra points, with a maximum of 110 points total;
20+ minutes to end = 15% extra points, with a maximum of 105 points total.
  • Thisway afk-ers wont score any points.
  • If your not a good player (yet) you will still gain extra points for participating on the winning team
  • The losing team will still earn points based on their participation
  • You have a goal to win, winning means a change of obtaining extra points.
The first 15 minutes of the game will be crucial, every kill, heal and damage done to the opponent will score you double. Also a kill or heal streak could be implemented to get players additional points only in the first 15 minutes of the match in order to achieve the120 points.

or atleast something similar :p_laugh:

Edited by nikst3r, 07 May 2012 - 05:03 AM.

#187 Azileign

Azileign

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Ballroom Event

• Ballroom Event will continue again this weekend (Friday through Monday)

please explain?
is it monday 12am the event stops, or 11:59pm ...

i want another leopold @_@
but felice fete wont let me enter the ballroom, im done with the quest too and have 230 lacrimas

#188 bl4ckm4ge9

bl4ckm4ge9

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationunderworld

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

@ nikst3r
@ Bendersmom
@ NamirBarades

lol u folks don't get it.. A group won't even win if people are mostly afks? I don't think you get the logic... :pif:

Edited by bl4ckm4ge9, 07 May 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#189 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

I don't think you actually read what I was writing.. I think we're aware a group wouldn't win if they were mostly afk..

I'm saying there is no incentive to winning. Even arcade games with constant repetitive actions have something to achieve--Thats a high score and more challenging instances..But does anyone really care if someone is at the top of those score boards that pop up at the end of the thing--Its only there until Its closed and then its wiped. And even if that was the reason.. Pretty much they made a game, where it seemed like they didn't want the main incentive to be points, the only incentive to play is points. Yeah, UW was similar, but it also fit into the game's story line..so it was Jo/Ar against Fg/Rc and people often stuck to similar sides so(maybe not as much recently) you would see, on occasion, one clan versus another..or many clans versus one clan.

As it stands right now, Its more beneficial to me if a game takes as long as possible. So I just need to heal my teammates long enough to have them slow down the other side or almost win and not actually win..If they win at the last second, well it doesn't effect me either way. Thats how it seems to me anyways..
None of it matters anyways I suppose--Games either happen a few back to back, or you're waiting for four to five hours to get a game started and another hour for it to literally fill up and get started.

Edited by NamirBarades, 08 May 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#190 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

@ nikst3r
@ Bendersmom
@ NamirBarades

lol u folks don't get it.. A group won't even win if people are mostly afks? I don't think you get the logic... :pif:

afk groups are the result of a long wait between battles. You never know when it's going to start, so you can easily miss the match. If game arena gets better you probably wont see this happening as much as we do now..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users