189 replies to this topic

#151 Cristal

Cristal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

First, katar raider doesn't have low damage. Their attack power is low, but the attack speed is very high, plus they have burn and poison as extra damage.
Scouts can do fairly good amount of damage, also they have poison, which does quite some damage as well.
Bourg can get 100 points easily, especially cannon bourgs, due to aoeing.

Knights however, with lowest damage output, is quite a lot harder.
And you don't see dual raiders scoring 100 points.. cause there are no dual raiders.

Not agree with you cannon bourg can easily get 100 point. AOE my ass off yet my max point so far is 30+. Killed 10 and dead twice.

#152 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

I don't agree with scouts being able to get 100 points... Sorry it's just not possible

#153 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Scouts are good at picking people off. Their overall damage might not be the best but they are good at getting kills if you choose your targets.

#154 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Scouts are good at picking people off. Their overall damage might not be the best but they are good at getting kills if you choose your targets.

Yeah but even if they attack the whole time, they will not and can not get the maximum 100 points.

#155 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

[Sniff] [Sniff] Hmmm... I think I smell a troll.

It's kinda like talking to my mom now. She keeps going on tangents because a) she has no clue what she's talking about b ) she's avoiding the real issue or c) she just wants to keep arguing.

Wondering how long the reply to this post will be.

Edited by RagingHormones, 02 May 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#156 fadesurf225

fadesurf225

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationCliche Land

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

To add to this discussion, I'd like to say this - I would prefer that I receive no preferential treatment for playing the knight class. I have the conscience to say that I do not want to be awarded or credited for something that I did not do. Since we are currently using a points system, it is fair that I receive less for inflicting less damage and gathering less kills. I am happy to live with that.

Also, I know a scout who receives 100 points every so often after a match. My friends and I are always quick to take note of this achievement. He's really quite the scout.

EDIT: Since he might be reading this - I'm really proud of him! :>

Edited by fadesurf225, 02 May 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#157 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

here's a cookie fade for being an awesome knight :)

#158 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

I think the 12vs12 isnt working anymore, we were 24 in queue and game didnt start until we got to 30....hum?

#159 captainpilyo

captainpilyo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

I think the 12vs12 isnt working anymore, we were 24 in queue and game didnt start until we got to 30....hum?

make it 10 vs 10 atleast here in draco. or even 5 vs 5. thank you.

#160 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

i think because of uneven numbers like defenders have 9 and attackers have15 etc...

#161 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

i think because of uneven numbers like defenders have 9 and attackers have15 etc...

No, it was on queue, before splitting to groups.

And yeah, its super-necessary to have 10vs10, especially in Draconis. Please, GMs, listen to us once.

#162 captainpilyo

captainpilyo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

with the new update on queue'ing you can see how many players are joining. the Q shows 27 in queue and 27 groups. so that means all players joined individually. but still no game has started. it is NECESSARY to have a 10 vs 10 on draconis. or 5 vs 5 on some time. please consider us LOYAL players on draco that still logs in on this server

#163 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Not agree with you cannon bourg can easily get 100 point. AOE my ass off yet my max point so far is 30+. Killed 10 and dead twice.

I beg to differ, but I have seen a cannon bourg get 100 point all the time. Ten wars in a row (both when he lost and won) he always had 100, so I'm pretty sure they can.

Just remove Knights in the game. ;)

But seriously, in this game arena, anyone with aoe can easily gain 100 points compared to other classes without it.

Yes, Xbow-knights would be the hardest to score points unless he/she focuses on hitting the crystal all throughout.

Six-stick bow gun actually has a high attack speed plus add some attack speed gears, gaining points will be more easier with normal attacks than skilling.

Exhaust every method possible before complaining for G's sake. If you don't get 100 points on your class then change class. :no1:

You can't remove a whole class for damn's sake, and I have tried all options (been playing a knight for nine months, have tried all possibilities), but no attack speed gear does not get you the easiest points. I prefer attack power and a slight amount of crit for the job.
Besides, I was never complaining about my point rewards myself since I don't need points, but the current point system is a bit too unreliable since the high damage classes get most points, whereas the lowest damage classes get really low points (with current example knight, which somehow got a lot of people into saying knights need a boost).

To add to this discussion, I'd like to say this - I would prefer that I receive no preferential treatment for playing the knight class. I have the conscience to say that I do not want to be awarded or credited for something that I did not do. Since we are currently using a points system, it is fair that I receive less for inflicting less damage and gathering less kills. I am happy to live with that.

Also, I know a scout who receives 100 points every so often after a match. My friends and I are always quick to take note of this achievement. He's really quite the scout.

EDIT: Since he might be reading this - I'm really proud of him! :>

I never said knights need a preferential treatment, I just gave the knight as an example as to why the current point system is a little off.

Edited by jerremy, 03 May 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#164 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

The queue status is a periodic snapshot or estimation of the queue status, and not a realtime statistic. Groups may also be in the process of joining or leaving which can affect the actual size of the queue.

The game does not start immediately when 24 players join the queue, it depends or whether the combined players in the queue are sufficient for a game to start (e.g. not enough support clerics in the queue), group sizes or existing waiting games that are being filled that hold up the queue (on my todo list to optimize).

What you can guarantee is that when 24 players join the queue, a new game will be created (+1 to Waiting Games) to begin evaluating the readiness of the queue and attempt to start a game.

#165 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Yes well.. when the snapshot is the same..for say 10+ minutes.. I would imagine it would have updated at least one or twice withing ten minutes..and you know for sure there are at least 3 clerics queued---Then why isnt it ready yet? Going off of last night when I messaged you..

Edited by NamirBarades, 03 May 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#166 bamaboy22

bamaboy22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Nice update, great to hear that the new things will be coming soon, 3rd class? 220 gears? 5th planet? Open up level to 250?

Yeah thats Right.... must open new set weapon armor for next lvl.... cz new update on Refines make Old Player owned New player... (Catalys Hard to find, and % for refine more hard)

#167 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

Yeah thats Right.... must open new set weapon armor for next lvl.... cz new update on Refines make Old Player owned New player... (Catalys Hard to find, and % for refine more hard)

Yeah, I agree with you, I am bored of this game already, and the buying IM points dropped from 1000 dollars per month in the first 3 months of playing to 100 dollars maximum per month until now, because got nothing to own in the game except priest sets and those rare item mall items, nothing much to exploit, we need new blood into the game play.

#168 fadesurf225

fadesurf225

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationCliche Land

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hello again. I would like to add a couple of more pieces into this discussion.

As always, I don't believe that I should be motivated to play the Game Arena for the intentions of gaining honor points. I have too much fun figuring out strategies to win with my friends whenever we enter a match. But since others are insisting that the knight class is at a disadvantage either by offensive capabilities or by the way the Points System interprets the game mechanics, I have gathered some data that says that there might be more to consider when making these assumptions.

I believe that the knight class may be misunderstood, especially with regards to its offensive capabilities as well as the way the Game Arena points system awards points for the knight class. I will present 2 pieces for your viewing that says that knights are able to achieve a very high amount of points in the Game Arena. The first piece will show that knights are able to compete with other offensive classes in terms of damage output. The second piece will then show that a knight does not need high damage output to compete with all other classes in terms of points rewarded.

The first piece:

Posted Image

This exact screenshot was actually already posted on the forums in the thread located http://forums.warppo...ts/page__st__75. This level 219 knight was able to reach the maximum 100 points which was derived from almost entirely of damage output, which was 1,237,546. This knight only took 3 kills, but otherwise didn't take much damage, and only died once. Only 2 players managed to outperform the knight in terms of damage output - 2 champs who inflicted 1,976,121 damage and 1,770,101 damage. However, the next 2 closest players whom the knight managed to outperform were also champs. These 2 champs inflicted 920,444 and 803,457. After these 2, the next 4 players that the knight surpassed include a raider, a cleric, an artisan, and a scout, who scored - 760,093 / 734,227 / 657,184 / 655,022 - respectively in terms of damage. After careful consideration, I believe that the knight class is well equipped to compete with champs, raiders, clerics, artisans, and scouts with regards to damage output.

Now for the second piece:

Posted Image

This shows that a level 220 knight was able to receive a score of 97 points, which was only 3 points away from the maximum of 100. What is also shown is that this particular knight was able to achieve a pretty high score without having to resort to very high damage output. While this knight was only able to inflict 517,299 damage, its score was bested by a bourgeois, 3 raiders, an artisan, and 2 champions. 3 players - a bourgeois, and 2 raiders surpassed this knight's output by over twice, with - 1,237,023 / 1,209,397 / 1,164,635 of damage output. So it is obvious that this knight did not use damage output to reach a score of 97 points.

Maybe we should attribute the score to the amount of kills, which was 19 kills. After observing both scorecards together, we find that there was another player, a raider, who also took 19 kills. However, this raider was not awarded 97 points. In fact, this raider was awarded 75 points. Why was the knight awarded 22 more points? Perhaps it was because there are different amounts of points given to players taking kills within a crystal's proximity. Or perhaps it was because the knight's team had won the match and maybe the raider's team had lost the match.

There may be a few nuances that the Game Arena presents to its participants. It may be hard to understand them all. In the case of these 2 knight users, it is evident that the GA points system is working well for the two of them. A knight can be awarded a good amount of points by demonstrating high damage output. Or - a knight can be awarded a good amount of points by taking a high number of kills. These are also the ways that non-healing participants gain points. Because I am drawing the connection that knights are competing just as well as other offensive classes in a system that rates all classes with the same arbitrary criterion, I will have to say that the system works as intended.

Don't believe me? Well that's okay. You don't have to believe me. But it's pretty hard to argue with a scoreboard. Or 2.

*** This piece was taken pretty recently from my own computer, and is from my own character level 220 knight: nipplehero13. Because I am presenting my own evidence in this case, I will not permit myself to tell the strategies or styles-of-play used to achieve the score shown above. If anything, nipplehero13's styles and strategies would be considered by many as counter-intuitive (or disadvantaged) to what is displayed above and would only make my piece to this discussion even more favourable to my cause. That is why, I choose to remain impersonal to this piece of evidence. I hope by doing this - I remain in an ethical and objective stance. ***

#169 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Fade, its not so much that Knights aren't capable of getting points, it's more along the lines of they are a defensive class and points are being rewarded for being offensive except for healing, which knights do not have. Like your screenshots show, it is obviously possible to get those 100 points, but a Knight will have to work harder than other damage dealing classes to achieve them.

#170 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Not necessarily, sword knight, with the ability to aoe (even though long cooldowns) has the ability to deal damage to multiple targets at once, thus highly increasing the damage dealt compared to crossbow knight.
The ones who can get 100 points are usually sword ones.
With sword knights aoe they can even get points better than some classes out there if the knight is played well.

Crossbow knight has the hardest time to achieve points. Not that I mind all too much, I merely agreed with the first person mentioning that if clerics complained about the points they got, that we should look at knights. I could care less, hell I don't even need points anymore, I geared up before GA came.

#171 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

I wonder if it's possible that the amount of points that a knight gets could be based on the amount of damage taken. If a knight is meant to tank, they should be rewarded for their class's function much like clerics do when they heal. Gotta put those taunts to work!

#172 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

In ROSE, do knights even get focused on enough to take damage?

Who targets a knight(on will)?

#173 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

I wonder if it's possible that the amount of points that a knight gets could be based on the amount of damage taken. If a knight is meant to tank, they should be rewarded for their class's function much like clerics do when they heal. Gotta put those taunts to work!

The thing with that is, Knights take the least damage of all classes when they get hit, Clerics that are in the fray probably take more damage overall.... If it were based on hits taken, that might be worthwhile, but it will probably apply to all classes too.

They could do something like having damage reflected earn points which is more specific to the Knight class, but Bourgs have this skill too. Probably not a good idea because the skill doesn't even reflect everything...

Edited by Phish, 04 May 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#174 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

That's what taunt and the taunt aoe is for isn't it? Making people attack them against their will? Granted it only lass a few seconds but it's still one of the functions of their class. If you want to make an offensive knight you might as well make a champ.

#175 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

The thing with that is, Knights take the least damage of all classes when they get hit, Clerics that are in the fray probably take more damage overall.... If it were based on hits taken, that might be worthwhile, but it will probably apply to all classes too.

They could do something like having damage reflected earn points which is more specific to the Knight class, but Bourgs have this skill too. Probably not a good idea because the skill doesn't even reflect everything...

Hmm true. I feel the way the GA is scored now is feels a bit one size fits all when each class has their own attributes. It would be pretty cool to see each class rewarded for a score exclusive to their own class along with damage output so that it promotes teamwork but keeping track of it would probably make the rose client explode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users