#26 raindeth

raindeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

The sleep/stun is okay. The problem is the glitch where bad status affects (stun/sleep/speed slow) goes into the negative timer. Eternal Sleep has really been hitting my cleric hard

#27 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

okay so far:

hypno shot decreased in radius from 15m to 10m<-- agree
nades not having shared cooldowns<--- acceptable i think

~~~ and also how about decreasing duration 5 sec is waaaaaaay too long most stuns and sleeps (by radiers) last for about 1-3 secs,,,,,,, remember the old permafrost of mages which was 10 sec sleep.. it got totally nerfed and its not even aoe.

OH! and also hello kitty summon :p_smile:

Edited by kwayan19, 21 May 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#28 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

First things first.
Fixing the Perma Sleep/Stun bug first, then we can tweak whatever is needed.

#29 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Diminishing return.

#30 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

First things first.
Fixing the Perma Sleep/Stun bug first, then we can tweak whatever is needed.

If you fix the bug for sleep/stun then the sleep of artie's may not be as traumatic to a team. When you have 2 clerics and they are both perma slept then the group is in trouble. This needs to be fixed!!!

And I agree, they need to make it so the ranged classes can't shoot through walls. Hiding behind the second crystal wall and sleeping or stunning those coming up to fight makes for a very frustrating war.

Once the perma sleep/stun bug is fixed then see how sleep effects everyone. You can fight through it as long as you don't stay all bunched up and get continual sleep.

#31 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

Bah, you can shoot through walls in CoD, why wouldn't be able to do that in Rose!

Besides, everyone is just going for the "OP" class (which artisan isnt honestly) but most of them use battle artisans just to sleep people and then they die with 3 shots.

The good ones, I can count them with one hand.

#32 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

I agree albe the bad arti's abuse the sleep I prob use it 2-4 times a war and thats when I need to get away.

#33 Adurna

Adurna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationFlorida, United States
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

I don't understand what you are saying. You never clearifiehat skill it was that was being distuished when you slept. It almost sounds like a BOT you are using the way you presented it.

#34 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Part of the problem is that sometimes it won't go away. Even when I am nowhere near an enemy, I stay asleep and have to be purified. But there are some wars where I am literally stunned for 30-40 seconds then get unstunned for all of 3 secs then back to stun again. If you are standing there doing absolutely nothing and unable to move, it's not possible to have any fun. I would rather move around and be killed 10 times then stand there waiting....waiting...waiting...waiting....puri plzzzz! Ty...oh crap, waiting....

#35 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Im sorry but you dont get stunned for 30 seconds just not possible!

#36 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

It is possible, or certainly seems it. Sometimes you get muted, stunned, stunned, slept all at once or in close order. Also, there are huge lag spikes that happen in GA and you can not move or do anything and then all of the sudden you can move again, those are not stuns and only happen in GA. Seems to happen right before you lose your buffs (buff glitch). Also, there is a stun, and I don't know what it is called, that doesn't show up on your buff bar as a debuff or anything. So you are stunned but have no idea that you are. And if you get the perma sleep it doesn't always go away when you are attacked or slept again. Luckily (sarcasm) a perma slept cleric is "dead man walking" so if you can't get puri from another cleric you will die soon enough to recover.

My point is that I don't think they should even consider changing the arti's sleep skill until they fix the other bugs like perma sleep. Then see how it goes. And by the way, it's mostly clerics that get the bug but I have seen other classes get it too. Why would it be mostly the clerics that get it thoug? A lot of the party gets slept at the same time.

#37 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

All classes get the bug equally. It seems like there are two types of 'sleep bug': One where you can use active skills but not buff skills, and another where you cannot use any skill at all. The first one is going to be most noticeable on clerics because they are the ones buffing people.

#38 chippy

chippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

ive played battle arti for a fair while now im not saying im one of the best but i think im pretty good at it
the problem is u get a lot of people who see some of the better artis doin good think they can do the same so make one
they play it for a while realise they get killed way to easy then quit it
but at this moment in time you are seeing a lot coming out but they will wither away like the bourges did when every one complained they was op
the hypno skill is not op it is there to help the arti or his team escape it only seems op when the other team has several artis on it
and even then unless they are psychic some use it at same time as each other
the nades were nerfed if this is altered it will kill artis
which are harder to play than people think they are trust me ive died plenty
know your enemy and know his weaknesses that is the secret not on here whining its op figure out his achillees heel

Edited by chippy, 22 May 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#39 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Well put chippy

#40 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

skill aint op just rather anoying when 5 ba spam it, thats it.
Over to the next op skill acording to whoever pls.

#41 BourgToonE

BourgToonE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

+1 to Walls in CD :D lol
they help cuz everyone going after the bourgs gives us leverage. Or maybe its just me o.o

#42 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Im sorry but you dont get stunned for 30 seconds just not possible!

John quit being so quick to disagree and READ, I didn't say stunned for 30 seconds by one hit.

@Phish, I have to disagree with you about each class being stunned equally because I have been trying to figure things out and I will see a person way in front of me who hit and stunned us yet everyone else moves shortly after that while I am still stuck in stun. I thought maybe it was my dodge that sux but obviously it affects others a shorter period than me (a cleric).

And whoever talked about just finding their Achilles heel, if I am able to come out of the complete coma I seem to be in sometimes, it is spent healing and buffing, respawning, or just plain running away so there is no hope for me.

#43 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Reduce the aoe range of arti and cleric stuns and balance the sides more in regards to class. It's gotten to the point that if you have 5 battle artis on 1 side and 1 or 2 on the other you can predict which side will win, and that in itself is really boring and frustrating (same goes for clerics). The system should tweak the minimum and maximum number of each class are allowed per side. Maybe that'll get people to start playing more classes instead of the usual champ, cleric, and arti trinity because god knows Rose needs more diversity.

The perma stun bug really does not help things as well, I've watched my teammates and my toon slowly die while my toon runs around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to avoid getting hit while perma stunned even when I'm not even close to the fray. And the way to fix it, either by getting stunned or puri'd by another cleric, aren't really that great ways to get out of it. Biggest wish is to fix that and the constantly disappearing buffs.

#44 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

the sleep isnt really that op, its just the way that ranged aoe stuns/sleeps work in this game is kind of wonky. if your group is very spread out, one sleep seems to leapfrog from one person to the next, a set radius from the point of where the aoe hits might help with this...but seriously the sleep si the only thing left going for artisans. Take that way and Raiers have no rival.

#45 chippy

chippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

i meant as a team you need to discover the weakness of the other class and attack the weakness problem is not many players are used to working as a team

the reason some people come out of sleep quicker than others is they are hit by some one else and that wakes them up

as for shooting through the walls i personally think its a lame thing to do sit behind a wall and target players who cant see you to attack back
if your not good enough to play the char in open then make another char to play dont hide in walls

Edited by chippy, 23 May 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#46 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Until they fix the sleep bug no one can really say sleep is OP or not. Playing a good and effective arti is not as easy as everyone thinks. The ones that just spam sleep are giving the good ones a bad name I think and will ultimately screw it up for those that really play an artie.

#47 Adurna

Adurna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationFlorida, United States
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

It actually is posible to get stunned then it wear off the get stunned again before you realize it.

#48 cherie

cherie

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Locationthe unreachable land
  • Server:thecrashingone

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

i got redirected here by sloaniepie from the dramatic thread.

#49 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

:excl:

i got redirected here by sloaniepie from the dramatic thread.

Stay On Topic!(<--redish color from my mind-->)That means all of you.

#50 LOLtheyAngry

LOLtheyAngry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

If this is about artis in GA just put a max no. of artis allowable in 1 group obviously less than 5 since i saw so many saying 5 artis spamming sleep makes the game 1 sided.

on hypnoshot and other aoe stun/sleep skills rather than lowering the range and cd how about limitting how many players in that radius can be affected by the skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users